• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

ehhh tbh the more I think about it, the more I'd drop the tactician thing since nothing about him currently is tactical. It's a potentially interesting space but I think ravens overshadow it.

And not turning into a big raven is a personal preference for me. I would much rather him just be a master of ravens and see tonnes of ravens on screen. Maybe there's a way to make it not look goofy. I think if he was to be a big bird monster it should be genuinely scary.

zkylon

zkylewd
oh yea from the get go i've been saying the master tactician stuff is garbo and should go, it's literally 6 year old lore being enforced over the identity of a champion that's been actually been grown and appreciated over these years

i think turning into a raven man thing is super dope and i'd prefer if ravens were left to vfx or something

i do like the idea of like ravens pecking away at ppl and heck would be kind of sick if they were like so many that they like covered what's below them sort of creating like a small blackout area or something

there's a lot of cool stuff to be done with swain

but imo weirdo giant raven man is pretty dope

Costy Kalista buffs when?
right next to azir's buffs i'm sure lol

Costy Kalista buffs when?

idk lol

i think kalista has a lot of design health problems and if she were to get buffs they would be consolation buffs at best. kalista needs larger scope work imo. by the time she got nerfed she was completely opposed to her intended design goals from what I remember (designed to be focused on the bond between ally and herself, a cooperative champion and one that was supposed to teach people how to attack move. ended up as a 1 v 9 solo carry that only mechanically skilled players could play and had absurd objective control making her disgusting in pro play)

zkylon

zkylewd
her "intended design" is super lame compared to like jumpity jump and that really satisfying swoosh of like rending a billion spears

kalista feels like such a waste cos it's just two potentially awesome champions barely stitched into one

but at the same time i'm sort of thankful we didn't get a full on 1v9 carry design based around her passive cos that'd be like yet another vayne/yasuo to have to deal with and ughhhh fuck those people

azir is in sort of a similar place, i find it super hard to come up with a solution for him cos the way you make him balanced is by taking away all the fun about the champion

Aatrox buff please...

It's been so long since I last played him. He used to be my main...
lol aatrox is on the recycle bin at rito

aatrox looks like they were like "we have an hour" and whelp that's what we got

Aatrox buff please...

It's been so long since I last played him. He used to be my main...

flawed in that he needs to be a gross ball of stats to function which sucks because when he's good he's op, when he's not good he's trash. not in as bad a spot as other champions but definitely needs a new ult, probably a new W and perhaps a new passive. or a reworked version of the passive.

I have never played Kalista. The interesting parts of her to me are the hop passive and Rend (the passive does come with the baggage of being a mobile ranged carry which I don't think has ever been a good idea)

I'm genuinely unsure what the rest of her exists for. If I wanted to throw skill shot spears I'd play Nidalee.

Newt

Kalista is by far my favorite champion in the game. I didn't like her when she first came out, but once you figure out how to use her properly everything just clicks. She takes more finesse than most champs though.

Honestly, buffing her W % damage back what it used to be would go a long way.

Rend reminds me of Anti-Mage's Mana Void actually. Right-clicking someone a bunch and then pulling out all of the spears at once/literally exploding someone feels good and powerful.

But snowball is a godsend. Only way to deal with those bullshit accounts that only seem to have Ziggs, Lux, Sona, etc.

I still remember when snowball didn't exist, so many champions I really really didn't want to play with in ARAM.

Why is it not okay? How would having other spells used change ARAM in any way besides making melee champions worse?

Snowball empowers hard engage, not necessarily melee. Melee champs with minimal cc or AoE are just as garbage as ever (Trynd, Shyvana etc). The OP champs are still OP and now we have even more oppressive shit like Galio. Some champs don't have mobility for a fucking reason.

It's really boring having everyone run the same sums. When one becomes as omnipresent as flash, you know it's gotta be some bullshit.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
canH4QZ.jpg

ah, so this is what it feels like to 1v9 as vayne

Hero

Costy do you know Pabro?

Still not sure how I feel about new Talon. Feels like he belongs in the jungle instead of mid.

cap the kalista rend dmg vs monsters then lol. she really wasn't that great in terms of dmg and that last round of nerfs outright obliterated her from any meta.

zkylon

zkylewd
cap the kalista rend dmg vs monsters then lol. she really wasn't that great in terms of dmg and that last round of nerfs outright obliterated her from any meta.
i feel like capping her dmg against anything might feel really weird since then u might want to rend just to get the cooldown back sooner or something

it's weird, i agree that crazy rend dmg against neutrals is something that's super unnecessary for her to have but i bet she'd feel weird

killatopak

Gold Member
seriously can u think of a less creative champion than aatrox lol
It's not creative yeah but I love sustain and resourceless champs which made me love aatrox.

--

i like your ava.

leb <3

Hoping the new rework is great since I've been wanting to play her for so long but I've been put off by the complexity of her kit in order to do well in high elo despite me loving riven.

kalistas issue with monster damage is that League isn't primarily a PvE game, so giving her a skill that deals huge damage to monsters will always be a bit unhealthy.

~~~
ehhh tbh the more I think about it, the more I'd drop the tactician thing since nothing about him currently is tactical. It's a potentially interesting space but I think ravens overshadow it.

And not turning into a big raven is a personal preference for me. I would much rather him just be a master of ravens and see tonnes of ravens on screen. Maybe there's a way to make it not look goofy. I think if he was to be a big bird monster it should be genuinely scary.

Costy I'll respond to what you said about Swain, probably fine tune him my thoughts about him(Currently I'm in a raid so hard to type a critical response). I agree that the forcing the character fantasy of 'Tactician' might be pidgeonholing him a bit too much.

A Raven Resource Reserve(HAHA) is definitely something he can use. Because of that, if we tie his abilities into it, you can add power into his abilities and make him into a strong nuker.

As for his ulti, I have an idea floating around that involves Ravens gathering around the whole field. Like, not in an aggressive way, but using his ult would visually fill summoners rift with crows perched upon different areas of it. "Eyes of Swain".(Not giving him vision, but just the being an ominous presence).

I'll get back to you costy in here~

i feel like capping her dmg against anything might feel really weird since then u might want to rend just to get the cooldown back sooner or something

it's weird, i agree that crazy rend dmg against neutrals is something that's super unnecessary for her to have but i bet she'd feel weird

a 12 second DPS ability shouldn't be beating smite lol. they get rid of that they can finally properly balance her.

like rn she's so bad she's considered a troll pick on the level of old eve.

zkylon

zkylewd
maybe hitting the dmg cap makes the target's spears glow in a way that indicates you've gotten to the cap and rending there refreshes the cooldown as if u had killed that unit (mana stuff works as always)

so say dmg against neutrals is capped at like 300 (or whatever) you just auto until max stacks, rend, then keep adding stacks and repeat

this also makes me wonder if something like caps working in # of spears instead of dmg would be interesting, specially against champions, and specially to like favor more ad oriented builds

just thinking out loud, probably not a great idea

It's not creative yeah but I love sustain and resourceless champs which made me love aatrox.
so what you're saying is, you have bad taste

i like your ava.

leb <3

Hoping the new rework is great since I've been wanting to play her for so long but I've been put off by the complexity of her kit in order to do well in high elo despite me loving riven.
if anything new leblanc looks even harder to play so ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

here's how they can fix her

p: move speed slows no longer reduce kalista's attack speed from using it OR autos do 100% dmg instead of 90
q: fine
w: remove the attack speed attatched to allies and return kalistas attack speed to pre-nerf levels
e: neutral camp dmg cap (300)
r: hard-ccd oathsworn cannot be retrieved

like the only reason why kalista was busted in proplay was the guaranteed neutrals. idk why everything else keeps getting nerfed.

I just played the tutorial and first mission of MvM (if anyone cares) we had a blast, even if we had some questions about what happened in x scenario. Currently reading the rulebook + the tutorial/mision 1 dossiers calmly and many of my questions are already answered. The game is great, even if I still think we "cheated" since we didn't know if something we did was valid. (That and we did undo one turn because after seeing how my turn was actually going to play out, we were going to lose and the turn before me could prevent the losing scenario by going another path. My bad, since my plan was flawed lol)

After making sure I understand 100% the current rules, we are planning to replay the first mission without cheating. We can't let some minions beat us, lol.

Did you got a chance to play this game Costy?

killatopak

Gold Member
Tried out fizz. Curiously thinking how lower elo people think he is cancer. Very easy to harass at early levels. Almost melee, has no reliable wave clear and has mana issues early. I can see him being a top laner though.

Tried out fizz. Curiously thinking how lower elo people think he is cancer. Very easy to harass at early levels. Almost melee, has no reliable wave clear and has mana issues early. I can see him being a top laner though.

Maybe they are playing Aurelion Sol.

But I think (the hate on lower elos) it's because of how much damage he does, and the undodgeable damage of his Q (like using Flash doesn't prevent the damage, even if you flash over the wall and the Fizz is still in the middle of his dash and landing on your previous location).

I used to play Fizz back in Season 3, one-shot almost anything lol. I don't know how he is currently but I guess he doesn't do that much damage anymore, or his E uses even more mana, or longer cd. I dunno.

Oh wow, if you get sanctions while being level 9, in an ARAM game... I think that account doesn't have a future.

MaxiLive

I'm dreading to play the new pre-season patch at my scrub elo. Assassin's always do work and it is going to take a month for everyone to figure out how to deal with them X.x

I'm looking forward to the winter map though!

Also what happened to Newt :eek:

0b4hdu9.png

Ken

I'm dreading to play the new pre-season patch at my scrub elo. Assassin's always do work and it is going to take a month for everyone to figure out how to deal with them X.x

I'm looking forward to the winter map though!

Also what happened to Newt :eek:

0b4hdu9.png

Jpop nazi thread I think

maybe I'll finally get to play my championship zed after patch

killatopak

Gold Member
checked his posts.

Not really sure if thinking that it wasn't a nazi uniform just because he thought it looks something else is ban worthy but wth do i know i'm not a mod.

Nev

Banned
Poor Newt, should've known better than to post in off-topic. I learned the hard way to stay away from that minefield. Doesn't look like a perma though.

I don't know if you've played in low elo lately, but people are garbage at harassing properly in low elo. They'll start auto attacking you inside of your minion wave, etc.

his avatar is gone. is it a perma?

I read that the avatar disappears if your avatar is hosted on neogaf when you get banned, not necessarily if you catch a permaban.

Off-topic claiming another one
He's the original Ekko.

People hate Fizz because his kit is really annoying to play against. His shark knocks you up forever and his E makes him un-targetable. So if he Q's onto you while you're cc'd and then E's immediately after and lands on you, he's usually killed you before you have a chance to hit him back.

If he gets fed enough he can kill you with just Q and a few autos, which has zero counterplay. His E lets him get away with a lot (can drop turret aggro and dodge cc) and the cooldown is so short later on that it becomes almost a waste of time trying to catch him or escape from him.

He's legitimately strong.

Hero

yeah I think I've met him once or twice. I know who he is obviously, one of the original guys. Why?

Oh was just curious. I met him a few years ago at PAX East while waiting in line for a Mass Effect panel and he was a really cool guy, told me a bunch of background stories on some of the early early characters. Wasn't sure if he was still with them or not, I know the company has grown a bunch probably since then.

zkylon

zkylewd
here's how they can fix her

p: move speed slows no longer reduce kalista's attack speed from using it OR autos do 100% dmg instead of 90
q: fine
w: remove the attack speed attatched to allies and return kalistas attack speed to pre-nerf levels
e: neutral camp dmg cap (300)
r: hard-ccd oathsworn cannot be retrieved

like the only reason why kalista was busted in proplay was the guaranteed neutrals. idk why everything else keeps getting nerfed.
that ult change is interesting, i like it

and yeah thinking about it some more, the lack of dmg cap on neutrals is such a random thing to cling to, and i think it's something the community at large has more than once said they don't care about, so it's weird that rito feels it's so key to kalista's identity or something

i still think with those changes she's probably gonna be pretty op

i don't think ppl hate on fizz very much nowadays since barely anyone plays him, at least at my elo

i mostly dislike the design of many of these "easy to harass" champions like fizz cos u just auto em every last hit they get but they can still 100-0 u at 6. diana was kind of similar, when she was played, so is talon, kat, etc.

i've gotten to the point where i rather not enrage them and i just shove them to turret and roam

Newt always liked to bait in OT

And they were catching up to him. I remember in one thread some posters were calling him out on it.

Rip in peace newt.

Top Bottom