• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

hey gaf. Quick question (poll?), what do you think of this as christmas gift for my roomie? (video) She is studying graphic design.

y/n?

edit: top of page dammit. here is our god:
WildAggressiveChimpanzee.gif

jerd

So I haven't played in pre-season yet, just watched some streams

Boy, assassins look like straight trash right now. Lethality sounds incredibly unfun. Tank meta b o y s

Leblanc fizz rengar and Shaco are pretty good to really good

Khazix seems absolutely bonkers but his win rate didn't improve so maybe just my imagination

Kat is garbage but damn she looks like fun

Lethality is stupid and if we are in a tank meta it's because courage of the colossus is so insanely broken

Nekofrog

Banned
I feel like a stealthy assassin like akali shouldn't have wavy flaps of cloth that could make noise and give her away from a lore perspective.

But I guess she gotta have horn dog appeal

zkylon

zkylewd
my friend is getting really long loading times with new client

it's really weird, why would the new client affect the game's loading -__-

hey gaf. Quick question (poll?), what do you think of this as christmas gift for my roomie? (video) She is studying graphic design.

y/n?

edit: top of page dammit. here is our god:
looks like a cool gift

i'd enjoy it and i'm a graphics designer sorta

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
why do people say nu-akali is weak

literally every game she destroys my mid/top laner and is up like 8/2 by 15 minutes

and she still has her infinite dashes

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah the replays system is legit (nothing special, just testing)

it's pretty great, i kind of wish it didn't record with the replays interface on but it's pretty harmless. other improvements i would like seeing would be something like a quick button to go to the next highlight or something

also in general would love if it didn't take like forever to load, but i guess that's something that's really engrained in the league engine and won't be fixed for a long while. not every game can be overwatch i guess :p

played my first ranked game on the new client and gotta say, the ranked interface looks pretty incomplete. none of that flashy animations and pick and ban voicelines, it felt really barebones compared to what the videos showed :/

most of all i hope they figure out how to make the client feel more responsive, those half a second loads after every action are really bad

Same on #1, but they all look really good. I take it this is just fan art?
it's official riot art exploration concepts for a potential rework, but none of them are cleared or anything, so it might as well be fanart

i just really like the silhouette on #1, and feel like the armor on #2 and #3 feel like too much armor for her

literally every game she destroys my mid/top laner and is up like 8/2 by 15 minutes

because she is, terrible winrate, incoming buffs, she's in a pretty sorry state

the rework i don't think fixed most of what was wrong with her although i think it at least mitigated it a bit but seems like the tuning was off and she'll need a bit of a buff

yeah the replays system is legit (nothing special, just testing)

it's pretty great, i kind of wish it didn't record with the replays interface on but it's pretty harmless. other improvements i would like seeing would be something like a quick button to go to the next highlight or something

also in general would love if it didn't take like forever to load, but i guess that's something that's really engrained in the league engine and won't be fixed for a long while. not every game can be overwatch i guess :p

played my first ranked game on the new client and gotta say, the ranked interface looks pretty incomplete. none of that flashy animations and pick and ban voicelines, it felt really barebones compared to what the videos showed :/

most of all i hope they figure out how to make the client feel more responsive, those half a second loads after every action are really bad

You can, just click the icon on the lower left corner:
Default:
Everything hidden:

edit: and then you use CTRL + V to start/end recording.

Xeilyn

You should check out the akalimains reddit, they are calling out for riot employes to get fired and are insulting the designer that took care of the Akali rework. The whineiest kids ive ever seen

She is worse and will never be the way she was before the rework but those guys are taking it too far

jerd

Most of the reddit mains subs do that some form of that after a rework. Honestly can't blame them no way you can only play a single champ all day and remain mentally stable

You should check out the akalimains reddit, they are calling out for riot employes to get fired and are insulting the designer that took care of the Akali rework. The whineiest kids ive ever seen

She is worse and will never be the way she was before the rework but those guys are taking it too far

The only rioter who should be fired is the one who's obstructing Dragon Master Swain from being made

:mad:

zkylon

zkylewd
any way to recover club functionality

ppl in the club i created are still members but ever since the clubs got bugged i'm no longer in it or can access it :T

any way to recover club functionality

ppl in the club i created are still members but ever since the clubs got bugged i'm no longer in it or can access it :T

UPDATE 11/1
We know some of you are seeing continued issues with club membership and tags. Currently, we are tracking down 2 main issues:

• Some owners not being able to see the club they own
  • Clubs appear as not having any owner
Once we get some further info, we'll make sure to update everyone!
source

So is the general consensus of the Assassin remake is that they suck?

Or is it more that new items pushed out assassins?
Nah, Khazix Rengar Fizz LeBlanc and Talon all range from broken to pretty good. Kat will take some time to assess since her skill cap raised considerably but overall Akali is the only one that is trash.

Leezard

Nah, Khazix Rengar Fizz LeBlanc and Talon all range from broken to pretty good. Kat will take some time to assess since her skill cap raised considerably but overall Akali is the only one that is trash.

Pretty much. I'm not sure on Fizz and LB as I've not seen them enough yet but Kha, Rengar and Talon are crazy strong right now.

Akali is getting buffs next patch too, I think...

Fizz's max range ult is bullshit. They basically turned a skillshot into a cone AoE. LB is an early/mid game monster, Riot basically gave her level 6 damage pre 6 and then some. I wouldn't say they are broken but they're definitely strong enough.

But none of them compare to Khazix and Rengar. Riot actually managed to make Rengar more stupid than before, whose idea was it to give him Jhin levels of AD? So much for making his Q a delayed skillshot and his ult only reveal and crit one person when he can just jump at whoever he wants to kill and delete him anyways because he has 500 AD and an IE. I was against 10 bans but thank god for that because once that's live Rengar is never being played in my games ever again.

jerd

Pretty much. I'm not sure on Fizz and LB as I've not seen them enough yet but Kha, Rengar and Talon are crazy strong right now.

Akali is getting buffs next patch too, I think...

Yeah her total ap ratios are going up like 60% and she getting energy cost reduction too iirc. She was real bad

Fizz's max range ult is bullshit. They basically turned a skillshot into a cone AoE. LB is an early/mid game monster, Riot basically gave her level 6 damage pre 6 and then some. I wouldn't say they are broken but they're definitely strong enough.

But none of them compare to Khazix and Rengar. Riot actually managed to make Rengar more stupid than before, whose idea was it to give him Jhin levels of AD? So much for making his Q a delayed skillshot and his ult only reveal and crit one person when he can just jump at whoever he wants to kill and delete him anyways because he has 500 AD and an IE. I was against 10 bans but thank god for that because once that's live Rengar is never being played in my games ever again.

well stated.

Leezard

I've gotten somewhat all right matchmaking in flex queue, just looking at ranks. I was premade with a plat 3 and a dia 5 player and we typically faced dia 5-3 players and the occasional high plat player.

Now, every game has been a stomp due to big skill disparities, but the ranks have looked even enough at least.

silver 4 in flex q getting matched with diamond players.

Also had a kali adc. :<<<<<<<

this is really crazy though. were you silver 4 in dynamic queue last season?

drawkcaB

I'm not saying Rengar isn't broken, but for a broken champion his win rates aren't exactly stellar. Nor am I saying his kit isn't overloaded, because it is, but between the all the streamers and lower elo matches I've watched I haven't seen Rengars exactly dominate matches on their own. His early clearing alone knocks him down a peg compared the current tier 1 champions because it's complete garbage.

Any reason Talon is stalking Kat in the client splash? Does this even make sense, or did I miss a lore update?

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm

hope they fix it

recording how broken syndra is...

well i was super duper fed :>

I'm not saying Rengar isn't broken, but for a broken champion his win rates aren't exactly stellar. Nor am I saying his kit isn't overloaded, because it is, but between the all the streamers and lower elo matches I've watched I haven't seen Rengars exactly dominate matches on their own. His early clearing alone knocks him down a peg compared the current tier 1 champions because it's complete garbage.

Any reason Talon is stalking Kat in the client splash? Does this even make sense, or did I miss a lore update?
no lore reason, it's just the time of the season for stalking~

His winrate didn't really increase because his playrate tripled so it kinda evens out a bit with more bad Rengars around. If you look up high elo streams you'll see that Rengar and Khazix are basically permabanned.

drawkcaB

His winrate didn't really increase because his playrate tripled so it kinda evens out a bit with more bad Rengars around. If you look up high elo streams you'll see that Rengar and Khazix are basically permabanned.

I am watching high elo streams, that's the thing. Hell, I've seen players like Rush get counter jungled at their red camp and absolutely crushed. I get why Kha'Zix is banned, he's actually good and the jungle changes worked in his favour. From what I've personally witnessed I think banning him is hype.

I mean...when a champion is broken is clear as day. They win duels they have no business winning, dive in 1v2 no sweat, etc. I'm not seeing it in the 15 or so pro player matches I've witnessed.

EDIT:
I'm looking through op.gg and looking at the top Rengar players in Korea, EUW, and NA, and filtering for Rengar in flex queue games, and I'm seeing match results that are in line with the aggregate data from op.gg, champion.gg, etc. Contrast that to when I look at the highest rate Ivern or Kha'Zix players who have these crazy W:L ratios.

these flex queue games are still queuing me up with low-gold players. it's gotten to the point i can run full troll summoners and still smash them in lane lol.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Don't really like the design. It's like the bad Dishonored stuff, but maybe it comes out better in game.

Top Bottom