• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

If 10 bans is happening 3 bans 1st round needs to go, if not it will be the same thing that we have now where a big group is basically 100% ban. I'd rather see a couple of ops fall through than having that big group of permabanned champs.

Have the 1st ban round be 1 or 2 bans. It should be 1-2-2 rather than 3-2

there is no reason to reinvent the wheel. Dota went through several iterations before settling on what appears to be the right way to do it.

0uNMzG5.png

Doing it differently than that is really doing so just for the sake of being different.

This ensures nobody can be permabanned realistically. No way Yas, for example, is banned in 100% of the first round with so many likely priority bans out there.

Nev

Banned
If it's actually taking 100% of your CPU while minimized, submit a bug report or something?

Maybe you need to reinstall the client. I would.

Happens to a lot of people apparently, it's not on my end. I'll use the "legacy" client while they fix it, if they ever do.

10 bans must happen. I'd have 15 bans. Way too much bullshit out there and that way my teams would have more bans besides my 100% guaranteed Irelia ban in every match in any elo. 6 bans with 130 champions is a complete joke. I don't mind if they ban a whole class because I can play Karma in all roles. Do it.

there is no reason to reinvent the wheel. Dota went through several iterations before settling on what appears to be the right way to do it.

0uNMzG5.png

Doing it differently than that is really doing so just for the sake of being different.

This ensures nobody can be permabanned realistically. No way Yas, for example, is banned in 100% of the first round with so many likely priority bans out there.

yea idk why they don't just copy what works lol

didn't stop them before :^)

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

0uNMzG5.png

yep, 2-2-1 is the only thing that makes sense

0uNMzG5.png

Yup.

Riot doesnt have to reinvent the wheel. Taking dotas draft mode would be great. And I dont think anyone would stop playing League if they did.

But even if it isnt 1:1, staggered draft is just better than what they have right now, through and through.

zkylon

zkylewd
few things about preseason so far

- champions being busted like khazix or vayne are kind of minor things imo since they'll get nerfed eventually

- plants are kind of growing on me but the other day i tried to walk backwards a bit and clicked on the vision one by accident and probably cost my team dragon. i really don't like that because while it's my mistake i'm making this mistake because there's this bothersome thing in the middle of the damn ramp i use to walk from mid all the freaking time.

they're still super gimmicky and don't feel like anything special but my friend leona ulted some guy as they were landing from a satchel plant and that was kind of cool

- shadow of the colossus mastery keeps proving how keystones are stupid and warp the meta and are the worst

Makes sense on Poppy because Yordles are walking nendos,
AhriNendo4.jpeg

only one preventing riot from making cute looking toys is themselves

lux doll being ugly doesn't have anything to do with her design, they just messed it up

and they've proved they can do awesome work before so it's not like they don't have it in them

fcj_v2_dentalwork.png

i think calamari will be an assassin and be shite since the meta is broken af tanks and exhaust everywhere.
i think she'll be a fiora type

they're specifically talking about how she counters assassins so i'm guessing she's not an assassin herself?

although her comic makes her look like an assassin

idk lol

New client is complete trash. All they had to do was port the client to a non-cancerigenous platform. Instead they come up with this permanent friendlist crap.

I had to go back to the other client because this new shit was taking up to 100% CPU usage being minimized. 1 year of testing and they can't see how this is an issue? Jesus fucking christ they're surreal.
i love nev <3

actually if i think about it 10 bans is terrible for newt

imagine they ban all the adcs. he might have to play nunu adc for real :^)
who?

They have to be insane to let blue have both first AND last pick.
i'm confused why ppl think last pick matters so much. priority picks are 100x more important than last pick

they always leave the safest less important picks for last

0uNMzG5.png

this only makes yasuo less probable to be permabanned, but "ensures nobody can be permabanned" is ridiculous, specially considering it's only 2 less bans in the first ban stage

also idk why you assume that doto has the best system, that thing just looks tedious as all hell

honestly i watched a bit of the international this year and pick and ban was super boring and it took FUCKING FOREVER

it was awful, it ruined all the good will they had done for me with the puppets

AhriNendo4.jpeg

only one preventing riot from making cute looking toys is themselves

lux doll being ugly doesn't have anything to do with her design, they just messed it up

and they've proved they can do awesome work before so it's not like they don't have it in them

fcj_v2_dentalwork.png

I grant you Ahri is great because her tails and robes are proportioned to the figure and have great small details. Jinx figure in other hand would be a mess without the giant dragon rocket covering most of her body so your view is be centered on her expresion and the rocket.

Lux in other dont have anything noticeable her armor is so small , her arms are bare visible her pose is weird unlike Tris who is sitting on the egg to hold her dragon Lux is like struggling to rise her staff

zkylon

zkylewd
I grant you Ahri is great because her tails and robes are proportioned to the figure and have great small details. Jinx figure in other hand would be a mess without the giant dragon rocket covering most of her body so your view is be centered on her expresion and the rocket.

Lux in other dont have anything noticeable her armor is so small , her arms are bare visible her pose is weird unlike Tris who is sitting on the egg to hold her dragon Lux is like struggling to rise her staff
i agree, but they could've just done star guardian lux who has like cool sailor moon poses and shit

like i have this cool ryuko nendoroid that doesn't have a giant rocketlauncher or anything but looks super dope

$_57.JPG

riot toys are a lot cheaper but they're not like articulated or come with extra parts so i don't think they have to skim on the design like they did with lux who looks kind of lazily done

i wouldn't take issue if they didn't do anything either, i'd rather they did some other champion if they're not gonna do lux right

zkylon

zkylewd
it's preseason so it's ok if they don't hotfix him but his ult hitbox is probably the most bullshit hitbox i've ever seen in league

his damage is also ridiculous, lvl 18 vs lvl 18 he killed me through abyssal and merc treads with just ult and wq

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
woo got mastery 6 on ma boi lee sin, time to go for 7

the nu client crashed when forging it so i got worried but it still went through

I didnt noticed the second window in stand by so you can chat with your friends on the stand by window for whatever reason when you already in the match , yet you cant switch channels with Tab while you are playing in the match

fizz is legit broken

did they not test his fucking ult hitbox
It's not even the hitbox per se. If he misses from max range the fish falls on the floor, which normally would have been fine if the ground AoE wasn't the size of a fucking Kennen ult, making dodging it without flashing over it fucking impossible.

Riot needs to get rid of that, if you miss the skillshot the ult dies off. Either that or make it so you can't get tagged by the fish if you don't get hit by it.

Calvero

Banned
It's not even the hitbox per se. If he misses from max range the fish falls on the floor, which normally would have been fine if the ground AoE wasn't the size of a fucking Kennen ult, making dodging it without flashing over it fucking impossible.

Riot needs to get rid of that, if you miss the skillshot the ult dies off. Either that or make it so you can't get tagged by the fish if you don't get hit by it.

oh that doesn't sound bad actually. a mix of these would be a good balance i think. if the ult misses it lands on the floor but can't be picked up by walking over it.

matt05891

I really really hope they don't make pro play diffrent from what ranked is. Part of the fun of watching it and going to the events is watching the exact game I play be played. I hate to say it but I'd probably lose some intrest in watching it if it's diffrent.

zkylon

zkylewd
zzz ppl whining about everything cos they think it makes em look cool

i can't believe it made it out of testing, it's probably the most bullshit skillshot ever? i think nidalee spears were fairer than this shit

all this Camille fan art making her all cutesy and young when she's older and not cutesy is annoying lol
i'm the monster you created riot

it's all your fault

Top Bottom