• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah vayne is broken cos ppl max q and two shot you with like ie or something

i don't think preseason had much to do with this outside of maybe nerfing youmuus adcs like jhin and lucy?

i think the pbe nerf is ok, invisibility on her isn't that big of a deal

Dickleson

Banned
I had a dream where I was in champ select and the other team had vel koz and brand bot, I shit myself. They had so much damage that we lost in champion select, we didn't even get into the game. Fuck, I wish i could play a game of league in my dreams.

yeah vayne is broken cos ppl max q and two shot you with like ie or something

i don't think preseason had much to do with this outside of maybe nerfing youmuus adcs like jhin and lucy?

i think the pbe nerf is ok, invisibility on her isn't that big of a deal
Ghostblade ADCs were in pretty much every other game so yeah, that's basically all it took.

The 1 second invisibility is a pretty big deal tho, it allows her to reposition during tumble, removing that would cripple her big time which is why Riot reverted it. Nerf Final Hour's duration, nerf how much AD she gets out of it, nerf her Q damage but touching her Invisibility will make her feel awful.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ghostblade ADCs were in pretty much every other game so yeah, that's basically all it took.

The 1 second invisibility is a pretty big deal tho, it allows her to reposition during tumble, removing that would cripple her big time which is why Riot reverted it. Nerf Final Hour's duration, nerf how much AD she gets out of it, nerf her Q damage but touching her Invisibility will make her feel awful.
it's important but it's not the reason she's op

i do think shorter ult duration would be good yeah

and sadly i think a cooldown nerf accross most champions would be very good for the game's health overall

downtime is really important in a game like this

zkylon

zkylewd
It would be great if Riot just reverted 95% of the mage update changes.
i wouldn't say revert because champions like vlad and malzahar were already garbage to begin with, but i'd say most champion changes were either insufficient or bad

i did like:
- cassi rework cos it lowered her skillfloor in the right way and because w is a pretty fun and interactive ability to use and play against
- the xerath ult changes are really good, even tho he needs more work
- veigar still needs some bigger changes but the ones he got were good and pushed him in the right direction
- same with anivia and annie and swain
- most item changes i liked

syndra is kind of a weird case cos they moved dmg from her q to her ult which really does reduce her counterplay a bit. more than anything i'm bummed they didn't do a proper syndra passive rework that actually felt great, even tho i think her passive is kind of at odds with the cool thing about syndra (we all love syndra because she's a lane bully and her passive theme is all about scaling)

i do get what you mean with this as related to cdr, but i sort of like cdr as a stat for abyssal and zhonyas, so idk how i'd solve that outside of giving champions higher cds overall.

Remove CDR runes from the game
Shave off 10% off Morello's

40% CDR should be something you buy into with trade offs, not something given for free.

zkylon

zkylewd
remove all runes while you're at it

20% on morello has to stay, it''s like the one big chunk of cdr that feels so good when you get it

imo it would be lame to be slowly building cdr 10% at a time

the way i'm thinking it is like, the reason i like cdr on zhonyas and abyssal is cos it makes both items into really good laning items as well as accessible options in case your lane isn't going so great and you need the resistances more than you need to get morellos. it's also like a fiendish codex you can buy and keep after morellos and turn it into either item depending on the game which feels really good also. say you're crushing that talon and you decide zhonyas is not needed, you can switch it up for an abyssal against their fed rumble or something

maybe just removing runes would be enough, idk

also

dark_elementalist_lux_by_raikoart-dapkfo9.png

not that any of you assholes deserve my fanart

drawkcaB

No runes, no masteries. Game would be so much better without that obnoxious superlayer hovering over every champion's balance.

Ivern nerfs on PBE hitting the slow strength of his Triggerseed at early levels. I doubt that's enough, but one thing I'd like to see is decently trimming the base damage of Triggerseed (E) at all levels and moving that damage to Rootcaller (Q) partially as base, partially as a slight increase to AP scaling. Q max Ivern is more enjoyable to play, but E max is flatly better for results. I think the change would trim Ivern's power while making him actually more enjoyable to play. Those sorts of nerfs are rare and should be no-brainers to do.

TheFlow

Banned
can't play this game anymore. brain dead teams. hory shit.

losing to a 4/20 support yas done it for me.

cya around the fall 2017.

Blast cones are awesome and make for some cool plays

The other two I can barely remember they exist. CV plant feels counterproductive since it basically reveals your position since people can tell its being used from the minimap.

Leezard

Blast cones are awesome and make for some cool plays

The other two I can barely remember they exist. CV plant feels counterproductive since it basically reveals your position since people can tell its being used from the minimap.

I'm thinking CV plant is too strong. It's such a good vision and vision denial tool.

drawkcaB

Finally played my first few S7 matches last night. Plants are ok. I don't particularly care if they keep them or ditch them next year. Had lots of rust on me though.

I don't like the new client though. It's too goddamn gawdy. All the superflous bells and whistles wore out their welcome before I was even done champ select for the first match. Is there anyway to turn that shit off?

Also, even though the ability to create and revise custom item sets is gone, you can still pick custom item sets from the drop down menu in the shop in game. Is this information held in an text editor editable file?

EDIT: Found the .json file that contains all the item sets.

zkylon

zkylewd
i can't decide if i like plants or not

i think they're tuned better than i expected but i kind of barely notice they're there most of the time

ed: boobop

camille_by_monorirogue-dapmwln.jpg

drawkcaB

45% CDR Ivern build with Redemption, Athene's and Locket is so awesomely busted.

champ never needed buffs lol

Hugely disagree.

He needed better (re: functional) AI on Daisy, base stats that made sense for his position, and corrections to his health and mana costs on his passive because they were legit stupid mid-game. Until those were corrected balancing him would be off.

And his biggest buff was one not even directed at him: the season 7 change. Every time the jungle is changed there's always significant winners and losers and it turns out that the latest champion was the biggest winner of all.

The other buffs though weren't necessary though. The kit is healthy, should be in a good spot soon enough.

Hugely disagree.

He needed better (re: functional) AI on Daisy, base stats that made sense for his position, and corrections to his health and mana costs on his passive because they were legit stupid mid-game. Until those were corrected balancing him would be off.

And his biggest buff was one not even directed at him: the season 7 change. Every time the jungle is changed there's always significant winners and losers and it turns out that the latest champion was the biggest winner of all.

The other buffs though weren't necessary though. The kit is healthy, should be in a good spot soon enough.

functional AI on Daisy yeah, that was a huge help, but honestly wondering if the health growth changes were even necessary now.

New jungle helped him, but he actually took a hit this patch since so much more experience is in Krugs. He can't do red- -> krugs for level 3 like other junglers.

I honestly wonder how long Red into Krugs lvl 3 will last. That's always been the type of thing Riot has been vehemently against, don't really understand why it's ok now.

zkylon

zkylewd
I honestly wonder how long Red into Krugs lvl 3 will last. That's always been the type of thing Riot has been vehemently against, don't really understand why it's ok now.

not long i bet

but probably longer that it ever should've lol

also second picture i don't post

you've earned my rage neogaf

probably just a tuning thing. I like rebalancing some experience away from Raptors, since if you're an AoE champ you just wipe them out, and Krugs should have a higher reward considering the time it takes. However, being able to clear Krugs easily and quickly means you outscale harder. Basically Nidalee is probably more annoying now.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Costy, did you ever make the suggestion about the autofill recommendation I made to Riot? The one where if you get autofilled for a position in ranked that you didn't select then it would deduct less LP than it would normally?

zkylon

zkylewd
BUT IT'S GOOD FOR THE GAME

This is totally fun for me and my team when I get my secondary/fill in every single ranked solo game I've played so far:
KbSZCMS.png
wow that's rough

weird, i wouldn't have thunk na would have so many problems

i'm getting mid most of my games now, tho i haven't even finished my placements so it's a small sample size

Costy, did you ever make the suggestion about the autofill recommendation I made to Riot? The one where if you get autofilled for a position in ranked that you didn't select then it would deduct less LP than it would normally?

nope, not yet. everyone in LA is out for Thanksgiving but I'll suggest when they're back

Top Bottom