• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

zkylon

zkylewd
you chose the theme for the video right?

2016 was a long year lol, i thought a lot of these were 2015

An interesting rework for Syndra ult would be that the orbs have a longer delay between each orb and/or each orb deals increasingly more and more damage.
what would be interesting about that?

At least she won't have an easy way to get 7 ball ult anymore, that and the huge aoe stun on E. Multiple ball throw was such a problem for her balance.
you can kill anyone with 6 balls anyways, and the extended ball duration from q is still there so i doubt this changes much if anything

Grabbing multiple balls was the worst part of her rework because it removed her skillcap and blew the shit out of her balance.
it was the only part of her rework that actually added anything interesting, idk what you're talking about

the part that removed her skillcap is taking out the extra dmg on champions from her q and putting it onto her ultimate through longer ball duration

Her rework feels pointless because it was pointless. All it did was make her more frustrating to play againsy while keeping her garbage passive mostly intact.
yeah it was pointless, but rework has nothing to do with her being "more frustrating"

for that you should blame the 40% cdr rylais+ghost meta

i feel like people here have the misconception that syndra had trouble one shotting anyone before her rework lol

Yeah, grabbing multiple balls completely trivialised 7-ball ults which through her balance way out of whack and made playing against her extremely frustrating. All for removing that mechanic tbh.

Not sure if just bonus true damage on W feels like the right change, it doesn't really fit the ability IMO, but she'll be easier to balance I'd imagine and far less frustrating to play against.
here's a couple ideas that are less lazy that keep multiple balls which is a fun mechanic:
- w does not refresh ball duration
- w refreshes only one ball duration
- revert the q rework, nerf elsewhere

if this w change goes through syndra rework made her easier to play, less satisfying and probably weaker, while also being fucking weird lol

at least they fixed some of her bugs

HS Quinn getting a whole bunch of changes, that's cool
yeah it's not surprising, that skin looked super early in development

Yeah the bonus true damage seems like it's just there because they feel the need to add something to it?

Like...they probably don't have time to rework something else into W, so the true damage just seems like a band-aid.
the true damage is there so you don't max e second

which honestly maybe you should anyways since without rylais you'll need something to chase/kite/catch

it's a shit change for sure

Look at the bright side

You could be waiting for a Swain or Yorick skin

Only bright side I see is that my new mature Bae is the Fiora/ Jax/ Irelia type that Riot loves to make skins for and she already has a skin in one of the best new skin lines in the game.

#IwantspaceIllaoi

the 3 ball w was dumb even without factoring in the ult. it created a huge zone of death where nobody could go near with the stun and had a ridiculously large hitbox too. it was totally busted lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
the 3 ball w was dumb even without factoring in the ult. it created a huge zone of death where nobody could go near with the stun and had a ridiculously large hitbox too. it was totally busted lol.
yeah it's fun

that's the thing

you know what was fun before the rework?

how your q's at level 9 became super nasty and red and people went like outch when u q'd them

they took that away so i was like aw shucks, but they gave me the ability to lob three balls at someone's head which was a lot of fun

balls everywhere is fun

so now they're taking that away too

nerf something else, don't make her less fun to play

yeah it was pointless, but rework has nothing to do with her being "more frustrating"
Like ghost said, massive billiard stuns were stupid. It got to the point Syndra could jist waste her ult and then brainlessly stun an entire team. Balls everywhere is not fun to play against because of how unpredictable it was.

On the ult thing, she had no trouble one shotting people but she had to actually use her other spells. With the ballsack W she didn't even need to land it to get her max damage ult.

zkylon

zkylewd
Like ghost said, massive billiard stuns were stupid. It got to the point Syndra could jist waste her ult and then brainlessly stun an entire team. Balls everywhere is not fun to play against because of how unpredictable it was.
eh idk, i never felt it was more annoying that a billion other annoying things in this game (honestly i'd challenge you to find anything in league that's actually FUN to play against)

meanwhile i found it to be really satisfying and fun to use, the whole "braindead stun" i think is mostly hyperbole as it's a very specific situation that doesn't happen nearly as often as to be considered that big of an issue, and i most definitely don't think true damage on her w is the answer lmao

On the ult thing, she had no trouble one shotting people but she had to actually use her other spells. With the ballsack W she didn't even need to land it to get her max damage ult.
you never had to land anything to get max damage ult, and you still can't 100-0 people just with ult now, or at the very least it's not realistic in an actual game scenario

difference now is that it's just easier, which imo isn't necessarily bad since i don't think juggling ball duration was an interesting mechanic. that's why i was cool when they were just nerfing her ult base damage, that's ok, you leveled her dmg a bunch by making 7 ball ults easy, so let's force u to properly stack em and punish you if you don't. i always found upkeep mechanics in league (like old vlad e or jax passive) to be super tedious and unfun to use

instead she gets her w thing removed while q ball duration stays which if it isn't the saddest fucking passive in the entire game i don't know which one is, and she gets freaking true damage on her w lol

it's such a slap in the face too considering that they decided true damage on her q wasn't acceptable and it was like a such a fucking cool buff for her at the time, being able to finally kill a tank omg

here's hoping that they'll change it for something more creative

Just give her the Azir treatment tbh.
eh if you're gonna be like that don't expect much sympathy when kalista is nerfed to the ground

Definitely agree she needs something more interesting. I wish they just chainsawed her passive and gave her actually interesting ability evolutions.

zkylon

zkylewd
Definitely agree she needs something more interesting. I wish they just chainsawed her passive and gave her actually interesting ability evolutions.

yeah like

if you tell me ok we removed three balls but give you this fun thing in exchange i'm like cool that's fun

but instead it's the worst kind of nerf, this is not like removing the random auto resets on nidalee or the turret nuke on azir w, this was a core thing of who syndra was right now and removing it makes the champion less fun to play and less interesting overall, and giving me numbers in exchange (which in the end you still come out losing since the ult cd nerfs are also pretty painful, even tho i feel they're fair on their own)

i'm definitely feeling swindled here

uh no, the narrative is still karma does low damage and no amount of whatever condescension you try to put into your posts has changed that. shes bottom 10 of all mids in terms of damage. one game of bjergsen getting 15 kills hasnt changed that.

but if you wanna argue this point more ill he happy to show you how bjergsen would have deleted some other sod with some of these other champs i listed

karma at 525 ap: mantra q(785 + 525 × .9) w(260) = 1518 Potential dmg
viktor at 525 ap: Q(240 + 525 × .9) e(410 + 525 × 1.2) r(1300 + 525 × 2.3) = 4280 potential dmg
annie at 525 ap: (220 +525 × .8) e(250 + 525 × .85) r(400 + 525 × .6) = 2051 potential dmg
syndra at 525 ap: q(230 + 525 × .75) w(240 + 525 × .8) e(250 + 525 × .5) r(1260 + 525 × 1.2) = 3696 potential dmg
so yeah, absolutely low damage. idk why u keep arguing in the face of just pure numbers.

Your math is wrong. Karma's base damage is 1045 and she has 210% scaling in her kit. With 525 ap she's doing roughly 2,150 dmg with a combo, which is more than Annie.

whenever syndra wants to use a skill, it should always have a 5 second wind up and announce to everyone in the map that she's using a skill

zkylon

zkylewd
plz rito give azir more buffs

w cooldown and better passive don't really help him
i actually think he got pretty lucky with those buffs

i was expecting less

Your math is wrong. Karma's base damage is 1045 and she has 210% scaling in her kit. With 525 ap she's doing roughly 2,150 dmg with a combo, which is more than Annie.
i still don't get what you're trying to say

karma is never gonna have high damage, she only has one damaging spell (you max w last, cmon) and most of the times it's a better idea to matra e anyways

you build athenes on karma mid

she's not a high dmg champion what are we even talking about lol

Kenai

Yea Karma is strong but her strength isn't in her burst. She's a good poker and dueler with solid utility but most poking without hard CC attached falls off lategame and hers is no exception.

whenever syndra wants to use a skill, it should always have a 5 second wind up and announce to everyone in the map that she's using a skill

It's true that we don't have a champ in the game using an air horn yet (except maybe that one Blitz skin). Better now than never.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
the first dodgerino in placements out of many

when both yasuo and fizz are claiming to be the adc

you just gotta do it

zkylon

zkylewd
the syndra thing is also like typical riot balancing of like

rylais nerf
w nerf
ult nerf

couldn't she have gotten say the ult cd nerf like a couple patches ago, we analyze where that left her, then see about the w?

etc.?

karma is just good at poking

if she gets ahead the poke hurts but

she's not a nuker like lb or azir

azir is not a nuker -__-

also karma is not good at poking

karma is good at spamming utility

Ryze is like the closest you'll get I think. I don't think Invoker would work in League. I think it would be downright bad design.
yeah, ryze feels like league's version of invoker

he's cool, too bad he's busted

i'll gladly take those nerfs

Annie math is also wrong because it ignores Tibbers DPS, her damage is way higher than Karma's and is instant unlike the latter. If you're vs anything with mobility then Karma's damage is pretty much cut in half.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
the syndra thing is also like typical riot balancing of like

rylais nerf
w nerf
ult nerf

couldn't she have gotten say the ult cd nerf like a couple patches ago, we analyze where that left her, then see about the w?

etc.?
welcome to balance by rito

zkylon

zkylewd
oh sorry

I meant to say that azir got nuked from the stratosphere by riot
lol ok i didn't get what you meant then but i 100% agree now that you've made it clear

Welcome to the life of ADC players.
you can keep your victim complex, i just think it's a bad syndra nerf

welcome to balance by rito
eh, it'd be unfair to say this is the way riot generally balances

if you open up any patch you'll see most of it is pretty reasonable

it's just that they love to drop a bunch of nerfs on a single patch for no particular reason

i still don't get what you're trying to say

karma is never gonna have high damage, she only has one damaging spell (you max w last, cmon) and most of the times it's a better idea to matra e anyways

you build athenes on karma mid

she's not a high dmg champion what are we even talking about lol

I'm just correcting him. I never claimed Karma was up there with Viktor, but she is far from low damage. When you have enough to one 100-0 a priority target in one rotation, anything beyond that is irrelevant let's be honest.

Newt

Kalista initial nerfs were fine and well deserved. The nerfs she got later were completely unjustified because the nerfs were only to cull her competitive prowess even though she was well balanced in solo q, and had a good amount of counterplay in her kit.

Syndra nerfs are completely deserved on the other hand, just spamming balls pressing R and 1 shotting people is a problem no matter what the game mode.

Honestly, I think Syndra's ult needs a full rework, it's just an unhealthy ability to have in the game.

well that's your fault in the first place for liking such a shitty class :>
I like Jinx, not ADC. She's the reason I even play this shit.and honestly these days its not enough.
I'm just correcting him. I never claimed Karma was up there with Viktor, but she is far from low damage. When you have enough to one 100-0 a priority target in one rotation, anything beyond that is irrelevant let's be honest.
The point is she's not gonna 100-0 anyone with MR. That's what having low damage means.

And like I said before, if the priority target has a dash then you're not killing anything alone.

zkylon

zkylewd
the bolded part is not true tho, raw numbers are meaningless, you need to think how those numbers work within an actual game

how is karma gonna sneak a q through the frontline and get it to hit twice on the adc with her super short range and short aoe and how easy it is to get out of that slow field? and what is karma gonna do after she did the empowered q, there's very little damage in the tank left for her, she needs to wait until she gets a new empowered q to deal any meaningful damage. she doesn't have any other damaging spells and the aoe on q is pitiful. she also tends to just mantra e since that shit is super strong

now compare that to a mid that you actually say deals damage. compare it to orianna or syndra or viktor or whatever. these champions deal consistent high aoe dmg that can easily reach the backline, while applying aoe cc

truth is karma might have big numbers or whatever, but her backline access is trash, her dps is really low compared to other champions and her burst is super reliant on enemy adc being alone. she's a low dmg mid that's got a super strong laning phase and really great utility later on, but she's a support past laning phase, like lulu or something

i don't think you're thinking this quite fully

Kalista initial nerfs were fine and well deserved. The nerfs she got later were completely unjustified because the nerfs were only to cull her competitive prowess even though she was well balanced in solo q, and had a good amount of counterplay in her kit.

Syndra nerfs are completely deserved on the other hand, just spamming balls pressing R and 1 shotting people is a problem no matter what the game mode.

Honestly, I think Syndra's ult needs a full rework, it's just an unhealthy ability to have in the game.
i like her ult, i think it's important to have champions with ults like that or else you have vaynes and lucians and kalistas just doing whatever the fuck they want

she needed to deal less damage with her ult i agree but no need to rework it

and looking at spells individually it's a really useless way of thinking things

she has a kit filled with very punishing, missable abilities

now you take that kit and give it spammable cc+dmg+tankiness with rylais, pretty much always on escapes thanks to ghost and then 40% cdr and those abilities stop being so easy to miss and punishing

I like Jinx, not ADC. She's the reason I even play this shit.and honestly these days its not enough.

try other champions?

JulianImp

I tried some normals today to get back into my LAS account, but I kept getting awful mids who fed and complained about lag. One of the games we lost was against Garen-Nasus top, Talon mid, Teemo-Lee Sin bot, for crying out loud! The third and last game I was put into jungle duty, and even then I did a lot better than our Jinx and Lux, who both got their opponents fed to hell and back.

Like, if you realize you have lag, then don't freaking pick Lux or Leblanc; and even if you do and the game ends up lagging out of nowhere, then at the very least be considerate for your team and play conservatively under tower rather than attempting to duel people with over 500 ms of latency.

And then I wonder why I even tried playing with people again.

jerd

I was thinking about Kalista actually do you think her ult takes up too much of her power budget? I've always thought it was a super strong ult but it must be annoying as an adc to have this super powerful ult that can't really be nerfed without getting reworked so power is sapped from the rest of her kit instead

throwing a support as her ult is ok.

yeah, kalista is a champion who is mechanically powerful that makes her an issue in pro league, but she's fine enough that in regular play it's fine

Newt

Nah, her strength in competitve has nothing to do with her being mechanically difficult.

Her strength in competitive mostly comes from her ult and guaranteed smite.

I was thinking about Kalista actually do you think her ult takes up too much of her power budget? I've always thought it was a super strong ult but it must be annoying as an adc to have this super powerful ult that can't really be nerfed without getting reworked so power is sapped from the rest of her kit instead
Her E smite takes up too much power budget, though I wouldn't mind if they made it so you can't ult a target under the effects of CC or something like that.

Yeah, her E eats up her kit since she's impossible to contest witb

Ult as well since it's basically a Tahm W for the support. That kind of thing on a carry is harsh.

man the talk about power budgets is irritating

'Let's make a champion! You have 100/100 points in the power budget!
Q will take up 20!
W will take up 20!
E will take up 40!
Her ult will take up 20! Whoa you used all your power budget! You have unlocked: Passive!'

I wonder if that's how rito designs champions >_>

killatopak

Gold Member
Tfw you really want to play cause it's the new season but you study instead because of exams tomorrow but when you go you find out it was still for next week.

Top Bottom