• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Nekofrog

Banned
Sorry Newt, I got more drunk than I've been since I was 22 10 years ago and I ain't playing league drunk. I'll be around tonight tho

Newt

tumblr_mslwv239Qu1spaqpio1_400.gif

Honestly, though, botlane needs this atm. You need someone who can fuck up Twitch and Vayne yet doesn't scale into the lategame very well. Draven is perfect for this.

Newt

Shaco got olafd lol.

Shaco
Deceive (Q) AP ratio lowered to 40% from 50%
Two-Shiv Poison (E) AP ratio lowered to 75% fro 90%
Hallucinate (R) explosion damage lowered to 200/300/400 from 300/450/600

"So what do we do with Shaco who completely sucks right now in all avenues"

"Nerf him further"

"Say no more"

have you played the game recently? AP Shaco has been an absolute terror since the assassin update he got, and AD Shaco is pretty good too.

in 6.23 he was the second highest win rate jungler in the game with a good play rate and according to lolalytics he's trending to be the second highest behind Ivern with a 54% win rate on 6.24

cmon breezy get your shit together

Honestly, though, botlane needs this atm. You need someone who can fuck up Twitch and Vayne yet doesn't scale into the lategame very well. Draven is perfect for this.
I know, I'd rather have Draven buffed to be an early game bully than some terrible champion like Lucian, it's just that I'm not looking forward to getting hit by level 1 axes.
Ill keep coming until Dragon Master Swain is out

Until then you have no power over me
So forever then

Nekofrog

Banned
Even with the change from total ad to bonus ad with a flat rate base line increase, how is he not going to be super strong at literally every point in the game. Draven had never ever been shy about building raw ad while minimizing crit if need be (with other random builds like gb rush in between). How is Draven gonna rush BT and not be even more unkillable now? Bt into mercurial with maybe deaths dance. Owwwwwwwwwwww

In any case it'll be funny watching adc mains who don't actually play Draven try to play Draven

Leezard

Even with the change from total ad to bonus ad with a flat rate base line increase, how is he not going to be super strong at literally every point in the game. Draven had never ever been shy about building raw ad while minimizing crit if need be (with other random builds like gb rush in between). How is Draven gonna rush BT and not be even more unkillable now? Bt into mercurial with maybe deaths dance. Owwwwwwwwwwww

In any case it'll be funny watching adc mains who don't actually play Draven try to play Draven

He should be weaker by level 9 or so unless he really snowballs, since the flat damage evens out with the 85% from his base damage at ~59 ad (0.85*59 ~= 50). He reaches this base damage at something like level 2 or 3.

At level 18 Draven has 105 base damage, so that's (105-50)*0.85 = 46.75 damage less on his rank 5 axes. To make up for this wth the 20% increased bonus AD scaling you need 46.75/0.20 = 233.75 bonus damage. That's achievable, but he shouldn't have much more than that.

At level 13 you should have around 91 base damage, so you need at least (91-50)*0.85/0.2 = 174.25 bonus AD for it to be stronger than before. IE + BT + Doran's + runes might barely reach this, but you don't have tons of items at level 13.

Hell, even at level 9 Draven has 80.5 base damage, so you need at least (80.5-50)*0.85/0.2 = 129.65 bonus AD for it to be stronger than before. You're not going to reach this unless you snowball.

edit:
Basically Draven is going to be even more snowbally once he gets ahead, and even weaker if he gets behind.

Janna + Draven is going to get even more disgusting than before though.

Nekofrog

Banned
Nah, Leona Draven level 2 all in is going to be everywhere

If Leona spaces her passive procs between Draven autos with ignite ughhh

Actually Nami too

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
currently 5-1 in solo placement woop woop

pls no lee nerfs rito

i'll probably still get placed in bronze 4 or something tho

here's the permaban list

1.) yasuo: every single one of them is a fucking moron. if the yasuo is doing well, it's someone who mains a completely different champion. if faker couldn't even win with this shitty piece of garbage then your stupid plat 5 ass most certainly can't either.
2.) rengar: see above
3.) ivern: broken

here's the dodge list

1.) yasuo: fuck you
2.) kalista: new old eve tier champion
3.) azir: see above

drawkcaB

Shield is basically the biggest outlier in his kit, how else would he be nerfed?

I like the nerfs they've done to the slow component of the kit (both the strength on Live and the duration on the PBE). I don't know how a 3s 70% AoE slow makes it out testing. Reverting the Q buff he got a few patches ago would be good as well. It's a high impact, high reward ability. Should have higher risk to missing it.

I'd rather see Riot nerf the base and scaling damage on the shield as opposed to nerfing the shield itself and push players more towards maxing Q first. Q max builds have a healthier ~50% win rate right now, and it's clear that's what Riot originally envisioned for him going by the champion videos, pre-release demos on Twitch, etc. If significantly nerfing the shield damage overly hurts him, then Riot would still have a path forward by increasing the damage on Q, further pushing players to Q max first builds (which would honestly be a blessing to everyone, more counterplay vs. Ivern, and Q max is a more enjoyable to way to play Ivern for the player too.)

I do think there's a decent chance that this nerf will end up pushing Q max builds for Ivern anyways, but...I mean...he's a support, right? He brings lots to the table outside of the shield but that shield is the most outright supportish element he has. A shield that taps out at 190 at rank makes it the weakest in the game. Well, tied with Karma but she can mantra her shield for additional strength. I guess if this ends up pushing Q max builds I count that as a win, I just don't necessarily think it's the right way to go about it, in so far as "fulfilling player fantasy" goes.

Also, there's the issue of itemization. He's the only jungler who's frequently building Redemption. It's OP as it is on true lane supports but the nature of Ivern's role on the team pumps that overpoweredness even more. I'd like to see that item nerfed as well.

yeah redemption is ridiculously broken. it's essentially a massive teamfight reset if your team can use it properly and it combined with locket creates a disgusting double healthbar that's almost impossible to burn through.

im pretty sure i called redemption being busted too a while back lol.

killatopak

Gold Member
yeah redemption is ridiculously broken. it's essentially a massive teamfight reset if your team can use it properly and it combined with locket creates a disgusting double healthbar that's almost impossible to burn through.

im pretty sure i called redemption being busted too a while back lol.

This is why I was saying locket was op a while back. In conjuction with coc which virtually every support and top takes nowadays makes a very mean combination.

This is why I was saying locket was op a while back. In conjuction with coc which every virtually every support and top takes nowadays makes a very mean combination.

I think it's better than the old locket though.

1.) It heals, so you don't lose your HP when the shield wears off

2.) It deals a large amount of true damage to enemy divers, so they're forced to either tank it or stop their attack for a few seconds

3.) It's much cheaper than the old locket and extremely gold efficient even without the active and the passive

4.) it offers even more power to shields and healing when stacked with Ardent Censor; it can effectively replace Mikael's Crucible due to it's immense teamfighting and pushing potential

Top Bottom