• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

zkylon

zkylewd
3-7 on flex, only won the last game cos their jhin dc'd lol... landed on gold 4

at least it's not silver lol

i'm 3-6 on solo, we'll see how low i get there

i don't think i'm playing super bad, but games are just not happening for me

probably need to play more cassiopeia and less leblanc

dynamic queue may be dead and gone and skinned to cover up the corpse of flex queue but never forget that putrid piece of shit that made me fucking hate platinum boosted fucks for the rest of time.
zRPrI4z.gif

Talents

Banned
dynamic queue may be dead and gone and skinned to cover up the corpse of flex queue but never forget that putrid piece of shit that made me fucking hate platinum boosted fucks for the rest of time.

That gif also works with Teambuilder as the chocolate and Autofill as the baby food.

zkylon

zkylewd
i played ori v swain and dang swain feels really strong and hard to deal with

i didn't know he was rising in the ranks, he applies a lot of early pressure if he has jungler support

I said people not animals Kappa

Seriously though, it's mostly a high diamond ~ challenger thing. It's not super common but it happens often enough to be noticeable.

23qwerty

Damn really? Why?

Why not just go corki if you want a magic damage botlaner. I guess Ziggs does have the structure busting potential too though.

Christ, 2 people arguing over who gets to play Yas, ofc the other picks Riven. Then there is this in the post-game:
jnstyjstjkyoxa.png

They are objectively the worst this game has to offer.
Ziggs bot =/= Ziggs support

People are picking him instead of an ADC and building AP.

I was on about people actually talking about him as a support, even if they were misguided.

faridmon

Ashe is really good at downing turret real hard a bit later into early game.

I mean Q alone makes the turret lose 3rd of its health (Ashe being alone I might add!

Knowing Riot they're going to nerf Ziggs' pushing power because it's not "the meta", and that's really depressing.

I dunno tbh. Like, I hate playing against Ziggs when he's the sit mid and waveclear champion that makes every game a drag. Ziggs being this pushing, tower destroying bomber is very unique for a mage and I'd love to see that stay. That's why the Satchel Charge change was made and I can't imagine that's the area that would be weakened.

Quonny

I dunno tbh. Like, I hate playing against Ziggs when he's the sit mid and waveclear champion that makes every game a drag. Ziggs being this pushing, tower destroying bomber is very unique for a mage and I'd love to see that stay. That's why the Satchel Charge change was made and I can't imagine that's the area that would be weakened.

I agree, but you're starting to see him bot lane as the carry, not support. It's successful and you're going to see it more and more. It's far outside the meta, and history shows that things far outside the meta get nerfed to the ground.

I hope you're right, though.

I agree, but you're starting to see him bot lane. It's successful, and you're going to see it more and more. It's far outside the meta, and history shows that things far outside the meta get nerfed to the ground.

it'll be an interesting one. This feels like a clever outside the meta adaptation, the type that I know Greg Street really likes, especially for bot lane. Unless it becomes gross to the point where it's just warping the game state to an absurd degree I can't see it being changed. Maybe tuned down a little but I like this idea a lot tbh.

Again providing Ziggs doesn't just turn the game into snoozefest wave clear matches

yeah that's probably likely. Locket changes really helped him, and he was never a big Rylai's user afaik so he was always going to rise through the ranks with the systemic changes.

I agree, but you're starting to see him bot lane as the carry, not support. It's successful and you're going to see it more and more. It's far outside the meta, and history shows that things far outside the meta get nerfed to the ground.
The problem with him coming bot lane is that ADCs don't have a way to match his push so he can just wear down your tower slowly from a very safe range. I dunno if Ziggs bot is even that good, but it's more than "lol he's just gonna get nerfed because he's different". It's just how bot lane works.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah that's probably likely. Locket changes really helped him, and he was never a big Rylai's user afaik so he was always going to rise through the ranks with the systemic changes.
yeah

i hope we get to see a bit of him played botlane in competitive, i don't particularly care for why he's being picked but still would like to see how pros play and react to him

is snowstorm sivir a good skin? i got a skin shard for it recently but i only have enough orange powder for 1 or 2 skins.
it's her best skin imo

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah, true, considering how skt didn't seem to even want to deal with support mf

i'm confused about that meddler video, i'm pretty positive he said we'd have a hotfix this week?

i don't think the game's balance THAT out of whack tho i'd like to see some nerfs to things like shaco, hec, twitch, leblanc, camille, redemption and so

i don't even remember if syndra got nerfed already

it'll be an interesting one. This feels like a clever outside the meta adaptation, the type that I know Greg Street really likes, especially for bot lane. Unless it becomes gross to the point where it's just warping the game state to an absurd degree I can't see it being changed. Maybe tuned down a little but I like this idea a lot tbh.

Again providing Ziggs doesn't just turn the game into snoozefest wave clear matches

you know what you need to counter ziggs

you need say

a fire elemental

and his ultimate is a huge lava wave that clears the whole lane of minions

yes

yees

Jezan

That what I have a hard tome understanding. If it goes against meta, it's not bad, I mean just because the ADC and supp take bot, and the enemy has a Ziggs, people complained? Why not adapt your team and make your mid take bot and the ADC moves to mid, their mid will not be ready to face an ADC.

I have had games where (mostly) the top teammate complains and reports the enemy top because " you are cheating you are not supposed to have _____ in top, that's an ADC".

So the enemy break the meta for a match and the top is stubborn and instead of changing lines, he keeps complaining and getting defeated.

Shouldn't we as a team pick bases on roles but also not necessarily occupy a certain line?

Ok, I probably sound like the kid who just started their first job after graduating from college and is full of hope and ideas to change the world.

zkylon

zkylewd
the problem with strategies like "adc" ziggs is that generally they're abusing a mechanic or a system in a way that's lacking counterplay or meaningful interaction

see support zyra or support mf, these aren't picks that are interesting to play against, they just got silly numbers all over which makes them super oppresive and unfun

riot could say fuck it let people figure out strategies against it and to some degree they should be a bit more lenient about this kind of stuff, but i don't think the game would be very sustainable if the never took those kinds of picks down

Newt

That what I have a hard tome understanding. If it goes against meta, it's not bad, I mean just because the ADC and supp take bot, and the enemy has a Ziggs, people complained? Why not adapt your team and make your mid take bot and the ADC moves to mid, their mid will not be ready to face an ADC.

I have had games where (mostly) the top teammate complains and reports the enemy top because " you are cheating you are not supposed to have _____ in top, that's an ADC".

So the enemy break the meta for a match and the top is stubborn and instead of changing lines, he keeps complaining and getting defeated.

Shouldn't we as a team pick bases on roles but also not necessarily occupy a certain line?

Ok, I probably sound like the kid who just started their first job after graduating from college and is full of hope and ideas to change the world.
Most off meta shit fails horribly. If Ziggs "ADC" actually works it's only because he's already a kind of cancerous champion.

I dunno why it took ziggs this long to become an 'adc' pick

He's always had his passive which puts him in the vein of caitlyn of harassing at the right time. He has cc to slow an enemy, which is also a strong wave clear with his Q, and cc to either help him escape or to hinder an opponent, and his ultimate is a good wave clear/finisher.

Like, he has all the tools to perform as an adc. the only thing is he doesn't have the base stat scalings of an adc, but he can absolutely work as an adc with the right toolset(More now than then since there are ways to empower your auto attacks with ap/magic now than then).

Jk it's fake kill me

Was excited until I saw that it's some kinda mobile Mage and not a Juggernaut :/

Wonder what people think the next new champ will be.

I have a feeling it's gonna be a .... Turtle Monk Waifu who uses a staff and she's either a scaling late game top tank OR a Juggernaut. AD of course.

zkylon

zkylewd

He's always had his passive which puts him in the vein of caitlyn of harassing at the right time. He has cc to slow an enemy, which is also a strong wave clear with his Q, and cc to either help him escape or to hinder an opponent, and his ultimate is a good wave clear/finisher.

Like, he has all the tools to perform as an adc. the only thing is he doesn't have the base stat scalings of an adc, but he can absolutely work as an adc with the right toolset(More now than then since there are ways to empower your auto attacks with ap/magic now than then).
like any other mage he loses a bunch of that shit if he has to share exp with a support

i do think it'd be nice to "democratize" turret taking (i think rito been slowly moving in that direction too) so that adcs aren't burdened with all of it and can be made not boring

like any other mage he loses a bunch of that shit if he has to share exp with a support

i do think it'd be nice to "democratize" turret taking (i think rito been slowly moving in that direction too) so that adcs aren't burdened with all of it and can be made not boring

I'm all for classes other than adcs being able to take bot

I want League to reach an era where each lane is class agnostic. Jungle is too far gone that it's necessary at this point unfortunately, though, and so are jungle-able champions.

yeah, true, considering how skt didn't seem to even want to deal with support mf

i'm confused about that meddler video, i'm pretty positive he said we'd have a hotfix this week?

i don't think the game's balance THAT out of whack tho i'd like to see some nerfs to things like shaco, hec, twitch, leblanc, camille, redemption and so

i don't even remember if syndra got nerfed already
Balance isn't so bad, toning down the jungle should fix most of the game's current problems.

Because there wasn't a reason to pick him bot lane before. His laning pattern is whatever, he's basically a shittier Cait, the problem is with first turret gold and his W rework because now him mindlessly pushing bot lane actually has a real reward waiting for him besides slightly annoying the enemy ADC.

Top Bottom