• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Repgnar

Another thing we could have done in Mumble is a: "Let's hop in and hear what the teams are saying after that play"

There's a delay you greenhorn. I think the biggest thing would be someone available to run the stream if someone can't consistently do it on Fridays. Normally there's enough people to get two teams going... usually. And judging by the comments we have enough Phreaks, Kobes, and Demans. I can not believe it.

Wow, so Zyra plants can't proc thunderlords anymore? Sucks for all those degenerate Zyra players out there. :^)

I think the adc thing is overblown. It's not about adc being weak, it's about colossus being the most broken thing ever and the jungle being imbalanced. Adc just happens to be the priority target for the abusers.

Colossus is just like wtf were they thinking. It should never exist in any form. Poppy knocks me into to my turret, 1 shots me, picks up her shield on the way out and is sill full health. Disgusting.

Newt

ADC in 2k16 lol.
08a83db2b50ca1c4b23ca3292c0b904d.jpg

jerd

They're already looking to mini rework ASol? That's unfortunate he's a unique case of high skill cap in a not overloaded kit

drawkcaB

Wait. What?

Oh, I was just imagining a funny scenario where a player would leave lane and you'd write "kys" thinking you're looking out for your teammates, thinking you're being a nice guy because you thought it meant "keep yourself safe".

I'm such a cynic of internet culture that despite being an internet old fart I immediately knew that kys meant kill yourself first time I saw it.

They're already looking to mini rework ASol? That's unfortunate he's a unique case of high skill cap in a not overloaded kit

I'm not surprised they're looking at a rework, although I never thought it would come up so quickly. Riot has had an issue for the past few years of making champions with too-high skill floors and it's lead to some aggravating balance issues between low elo and competitive play. It's fine for champions to require significant time investment and skill to bring out their kit, but the opposite, that's it's ok for champions to be complete garbage in a low skilled players hands, is not.

Kenai

I didn't think ASol was particularly hard to play. Hs kit's synergy is poor for sure, but honestly what is particularly complicated about it vs other champs? I figured they would be more concerned with Azir or maybe Kindred.

drawkcaB

I didn't think ASol was particularly hard to play. Hs kit's synergy is poor for sure, but honestly what is particularly complicated about it vs other champs? I figured they would be more concerned with Azir or maybe Kindred.

I dunno. My own experience whenever ASol is in my games is that the team that has him will lose. Mid players generally don't have the positioning skill necessary to maximize his passive damage come late game. But I'm Cellophane III so, meh.

I'm sure they've been working on Azir for some time now.

Newt

Played against another youtuber, Redmercy. He actually played pretty well, but unfortunately his Jhin itemized well for the meta 6 months ago.

This will be my 3rd promo. All I ask is that I don't have to play with Yasuo jungle, or a Yasuo support.

I dunno. My own experience whenever ASol is in my games is that the team that has him will lose. Mid players generally don't have the positioning skill necessary to maximize his passive damage come late game. But I'm Cellophane III so, meh.

A simple stun on him when Sol is doing his W leaves him useless , like totally useles, his AA is crap, his Q is super slow and his E works only in non combat situations.

Sol cant hide on brushes and have zero escape in combat

Kenai

I'm not particularly skilled (struggled to (barely) get Gold 5 and haven't played much yet this season due to technical issues) but his his stars 'replacing" his basic auto attacks or the spammable nukes of other mages seemed to work out against melee champs and his his stun + travel, while weird, let him gank in some pretty interesting ways for a mage. I fully admit to not seeing very many good ASols, but I could say that about a lot of champions at my elo.

I don't mind them working on his kit, but I thought his star mechanic was the good thing about him. His ult for example is incredibly boring. Lining up his stun with his travel thing was awkward too due to the timing of the different skills.

But I dunno. If it ends up better as a result that's fine too.

jerd

He had no difficult mechanics but was definitely hard to play. That was the beauty of it. You can say the same thing about tf he's got one skill shot in his kit but is pretty tough to play well

Newt

one S away from rank 7 nami. then i can pretend I'm good at support
Lmao, first post after all that shit back there.

You're an awesome mod, I love you.

Who was Opiate again?
He had no difficult mechanics but was definitely hard to play. That was the beauty of it. You can say the same thing about tf he's got one skill shot in his kit but is pretty tough to play well
I wouldn't say he's easy but he's far from the most difficult. It's so easy to just waveclear and push out the enemy in the early game.

jerd

Lmao, first post after all that shit back there.

You're an awesome mod, I love you.

Who was Opiate again?

I wouldn't say he's easy but he's far from the most difficult. It's so easy to just waveclear and push out the enemy in the early game.

I somehow missed all of that holy shit what a ride.. "Euthanizing a flamer" and the Shyamalanian twist were definitely highlights. Bummer it didn't work out but I'll have to give the vods a watch sometime

Newt

I somehow missed all of that holy shit what a ride.. "Euthanizing a flamer" and the Shyamalanian twist were definitely highlights. Bummer it didn't work out but I'll have to give the vods a watch sometime
Definitely give the VODs a watch.

Honestly, I would say the thing was a success overall.

We'll hold another inhouse on Friday. It would be cool if Costy shows up and streams it (It will be held earlier than the games on Sunday), but even if Costy doesn't show, I'll make sure the teams are balanced.

Newt

Blind pick is shit. With even teams the target bans won't be so bad.
He wants to play Rengar, I want to play ADC Ziggs. Everyone benefits...

Except everyone other than us.

How about this, we'll do a vote after the second game, see what people want.

Who said I was trying to play Rengar? There's a super sleeper OP jungler that I want to bust out, but I want it to be a surprise during the loading screen.

Type2

He wants to play Rengar, I want to play ADC Ziggs. Everyone benefits...

Except everyone other than us.

How about this, we'll do a vote after the second game, see what people want.
I mean the Cait or adc ziggs ban phase is legit. Especially if there's a big skill gap between adcs.
I'm sure with balanced teams people will actually ban ops or champs based on the first games results rather than resorting to only target banning.
I'd let Rengar through any day over certain champs I know can be played compentantly on the enemy team.

I like how people on reddit are like "why don't people just pick Ziggs counters bot"

Yeah lemme just pull my midlane skills and play champions I have no familiarity with to possibly counter a flex pick, that will work.

Top Bottom