• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

If any of the games should be watched, it is Game 2 for three reasons:

-Two Tahm Kenchs
-The most tactical Braum ult in League history
-One of the teams had a Rengar

Repgnar

Good games tonight, at least they were more fair than the entire series last week.

Tried Lich Bane AP Sona support a few times and the damage is ridiculous. I know there is a mid lane high elo Sona that does the same thing but it's hilarious being able to 100-0 mids and ad's once you hit 6. The definition of a glass cannon though.

Style

Banned
Tuned in for some of the matches, really interesting to see. Kinda want to jump in if you're doing another one in the future (is this a weekly thing?). Have to level my NA account though, so I don't get stomped because of runes/masteries.

Newt

It's not gonna be weekly, at best it's bi-weekly but likely it's gonna be monthly. Also, if anyone here has streaming capabilities other than Costy it would be cool, that way the pressure isn't all on him. I could try, but my upload is kinda shit.

Right, NA account redeemed from the dead - how do I join the club?

ripxjjy5.png

rip

You must do a cosplay of any koggy skin of your choosing. Afterwards I will judge it and decide whether you get to join. Extra points if you do the dance as well.

You should set the dates a good while in advance

Plus, Im not really needed for the inhouse to happen.

Yeah, Newt doesn't always have to be the one to set it up. All LoLGAF has to choose is what they want between the 1st and 3rd Friday or 2nd and 4th Friday of each month. We can add whatever is picked to the OT, and everyone will know when it will happen. Then all someone has to do is invite everyone who shows up.

Style

Banned
It's easy though. There's 13 450 IP champions. Just get them for 5850 IP total and then the handful you intend to play. All of them are viable and a lot of them are meta too.

Talents

Banned
I've played like 10 bot games and I only have like 900 Ip. I cannot do anymore. I already want to blow my brains out from boredom.

zkylon

zkylewd
Or atleast offer the 10 cheapest champions for free.

Like does riot seriously need to charge 450 ip for ashe. Like rly.
that's probably on top of the other stuff

they'll probably have to figure out some stuff, like maybe not let you play ranked outside of your main region, and maybe just always show you the shop of your main region (that's determined by ip or whatever instead of whatever you choose), etc.

but it's honestly really ridiculous to have to buy accounts to play somewhere else

like you can get unranked accounts with all the ip for $15 or whatever, it's a really shitty solution but it's the one the region locking system leaves you

i'd rather waste $15 than play like 40 hours of coop vs ai

zkylon

zkylewd
that's a key part of their business model, that's not gonna change

it's not even not that bad, it helps new players get slowly introduced to champions by only seeing the free week champs and stuff

it'd be better if they made them all for free for sure but it's not gonna happen

but i think you should get a store appropriate to your ip location and then you should just be able to play normals and custom games with whoever you want whenever you want

that's a key part of their business model, that's not gonna change

it's not even not that bad, it helps new players get slowly introduced to champions by only seeing the free week champs and stuff

it'd be better if they made them all for free for sure but it's not gonna happen

but i think you should get a store appropriate to your ip location and then you should just be able to play normals and custom games with whoever you want whenever you waThatsnt

They can deffo do with more events tho

HotS for example had a "play with your friend" event ladt month where 30 games netted you 5 characters(one of each role)

Rito can do something like that

gamma

Am I crazy or is the match quality absolute dog shit this season? I am seeing way more trolls, flamers and feeders compared to a few months ago. And reports are as useless as ever of course.

Style

Banned
Am I crazy or is the match quality absolute dog shit this season? I am seeing way more trolls, flamers and feeders compared to a few months ago. And reports are as useless as ever of course.

I don't think you're crazy. The quality of my matches has also tanked recently. Team mates spend way too much energy spiting each other than trying to play.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think the food skin champs still need a mid to complete the set

as a vegetarian, i hope ahri's skin comes with no meat in it

They can deffo do with more events tho

HotS for example had a "play with your friend" event ladt month where 30 games netted you 5 characters(one of each role)

Rito can do something like that
they do like exp multiplier weekends if u play on premades

but yeah they could do more

Do people not realize shit talking puts a target on their head? Pre-game lobby begins with someone immediately copying/pasting "Don't ban Camille. 70% winrate" and a link to prove it. Then when game starts, she starts talking shit in All chat to other team that she has a 70% winrate. Next 10 minutes she gets camped harder than a boy scout platoon. Then proceeds to rage. I'm confident she broke League records for most pings and most characters used in chat. She had to have written a novel.

I had my first game ever where someone got so salty they just started running into the enemy base to hang out by spawn point of enemy team. Stood there and kept dancing. When she died, she'd run all the way back and do it again. Was a salty Sejuani on other team.
I don't think you're crazy. The quality of my matches has also tanked recently. Team mates spend way too much energy spiting each other than trying to play.
I really regret trying to get rust off my jungling skills. I'm on a win streak in ranked, so that is good. But it seems anytime a jungler so much as sneezes they get yelled at by their team. "No jgl" "no ganks" "jgl farming while i die"

they do like exp multiplier weekends if u play on premades

but yeah they could do more

Blizzard matchmaking have the exp multiplifier by default now with friend in every big game they have (except wow because they want more fresh subs)).

Riot should a free icon for your profile each event instead of selling it

Ken

has support changed much since last season? also can i still play annie/malz mid. i didnt pay attention at all to the assassin changes

Leezard

has support changed much since last season? also can i still play annie/malz mid. i didnt pay attention at all to the assassin changes

There are new items, but the role itself is pretty much like before. You rush redemption instead of locket.

Newt

Now that we know Warwick and Galio are getting reworks, who should be next on the list?

Here's what I think:

Kayle (Visual and Gameplay overhaul)
Annie (Gameplay overhaul)
Malphite (Visual and Gameplay overhaul)
Udyr (Visual overhaul)
Syndra (Gameplay update)

Top Bottom