• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Newt

Fair enough, but Blitz is still fine enough where he is. I don't think he should be put on a list for a rework. Again as I said earlier, simple champions are fine for the game.

ok what if there was a champion

that could be either an assassin, tank, or bruiser depending on the ult you picked
This is the point of items though...

Calvero

Banned
Nothing better than running up to an ADC as they juke themselves to death, only to just uppercut 'em to death. Or you know, miss 100% of the hooks you do take, something I have close experience with.

Nev

Banned
Blitz sucks, yes. He's the most binary champion in the game. His kit is: hey you got this hook ability, if you land it you can be a gamechanger, if you don't you'll be completely worthless.

The rest of his spells are there to make this stupid all-or-nothing fantasy easier, instead of providing with other means of being useful.

Nev

Banned
Wait, so Riot finally introduced more bans but it's only for pro play? Haha holy shit.

Just a few months ago we had Ghostcrawler saying that they'd never make separate balance decisions for the pro and "normal" play. Yet here we are laying the first stone of what will kill the competitive scene, and with more bans no less, something the "normal" players have been asking for years.

What a complete joke. Watch them regret it some months later and apologize with some not-so-witty lines in the patch notes.

Fire Ghostcrawler. Only Riot Games would hire someone that has been kicked out of Blizzard because the players couldn't stand his persistent ineptitude and is frequently considered responsible of destroying WoW.

killatopak

Gold Member
Don't know who ghostcrawler is and why he is responsible for some of the major parts of leagues play but there must be a reason why riot still put him responsible.

Is there anything good that came out of his time in riot?

zkylon

zkylewd
Fair enough, but Blitz is still fine enough where he is. I don't think he should be put on a list for a rework. Again as I said earlier, simple champions are fine for the game.
simple isn't the same as one-dimensional

simple is fine, one-dimensional is not

Wait, so Riot finally introduced more bans but it's only for pro play? Haha holy shit.

Just a few months ago we had Ghostcrawler saying that they'd never make separate balance decisions for the pro and "normal" play. Yet here we are laying the first stone of what will kill the competitive scene, and with more bans no less, something the "normal" players have been asking for years.

What a complete joke. Watch them regret it some months later and apologize with some not-so-witty lines in the patch notes.

Fire Ghostcrawler. Only Riot Games would hire someone that has been kicked out of Blizzard because the players couldn't stand his persistent ineptitude and is frequently considered responsible of destroying WoW.
they've already said 10 bans are coming to regular play with a different format (since snake draft doesn't make sense for solo q since you don't know the players on the enemy team)

Don't know who ghostcrawler is and why he is responsible for some of the major parts of leagues play but there must be a reason why riot still put him responsible.

Is there anything good that came out of his time in riot?
hard to answer that question cos how would you even measure that or what's his personally responsible for

since he's been at riot we've seen replays released, elemental dragons, good reworks like taric, good champion releases like taliyah, the recent turret changes, scuttle crab, the support rework (introducing relic shield, fqc, etc.)

it's been a lot, he's been directing the game for years now and the game has been getting progressively better with time so idk, sometimes the game sucks for a bit and then it doesn't and then it sucks again. he's not to blame for everything, if the live team takes too long to nerf a troublesome champion that's not necessarily an error in direction and if riot changes their mind about something (like replays) and implements it that's not really a great decision he made

i feel like league is not the kind of game that needs a strong vision man like you'd think in like a suda51 game or whatever. league is a very defined game that already exists and won't change and it's all about riot trying to shake shit up to keep things fresh while they clean up the mess they leave behind. it's a formula that works and it's not something that requires ghostcrawler to make authorial decisions on a daily basis.

his role to me is more like a spokesperson for the game than anything else, someone that's very well versed in the game and the direction it's being taken and that can freely communicate it to players. sometimes he screws up and says something dumb like assassins are too strong but it's not a big deal, people make mistakes. on the other hand, all the rest of talking about the game he's done has been really positive and interesting and he feels like he has a clear idea of what the game should look like that we can all agree with, even if they fumble the road there a billion times

it's not much different than jeff kaplan in overwatch, it's not like these people are authoring every single thing that goes in the game, they're just the public faces behind the design team and that's it

no need to fire anyone because the design team changed their minds about having separate systems for competitive and regular play

The good part of ADC being shite right now is that I get ADC every single game no questions asked. No secondaries, no autofill, no nothing, just ADC.

The downside is that I have to play ADC.

semttulopss2v.png

frgcos4i.gif

By the time Aatrox started shitting the bed, mid and jungle were already fucked beyond repair

I stomped their bot lane and they had 3 mountains by 18 minutes for fuck's sake, how do I win against that kind of split pushing when I do negative damage to a Singed with one armor item

By the time Aatrox started shitting the bed, mid and jungle were already fucked beyond repair

I stomped their bot lane and they had 3 mountains by 18 minutes for fuck's sake, how do I win against that kind of split pushing when I do negative damage to a Singed with one armor item

also you're playing Trist

drawkcaB

Oh sure, but we're getting close to the point where there's few ancient un dynamic kits in the game
left, you know? Even Galio from a certain perspective should be low priority. The kit is ok. His rework has more to do with nothing standing out, he's not great as either a tank or an anti-mage, and his play rate has been abysmal for years.

They got Cait, my pick was irrelevant. What am I supposed to play into Rengar? Ezreal? Jhin? Twitch?

If only I owned Ziggs

it's more like you take so long to come online that it was always going to be extremely difficult to influence your team if they have an early deficit, even if you win lane hard. Not sure if you'd have won with another champion but it might have been easier to carry!

it's more like you take so long to come online that it was always going to be extremely difficult to influence your team if they have an early deficit, even if you win lane hard. Not sure if you'd have won with another champion but it might have been easier to carry!
What ADC comes online with BF Runaans vs a 3k HP Singed that also doesn't get dumpstered by Cait?

I won lane hard because I was Trist and I abused my power spikes, with another champion I'm not sure I'd be that far ahead.

Talents

Banned
What ADC comes online with BF Runaans vs a 3k HP Singed that also doesn't get dumpstered by Cait?

I won lane hard because I was Trist and I abused my power spikes, with another champion I'm not sure I'd be that far ahead.

Not going Last Whisper first item in 2017 lul

The thing with Galio's R - that I dislike - is it is too obvious to pull off without a flash engage or hoping someone face checks, incredibly dull.

Maybe he should have something akin to the current Ryze/Nunu wombocombo instead - channels to a target location and then sucks everyone in.

The thing with Galio's R - that I dislike - is it is too obvious to pull off without a flash engage or hoping someone face checks, incredibly dull.

Maybe he should have something akin to the current Ryze/Nunu wombocombo instead - channels to a target location and then sucks everyone in.
It's also super easy to interrupt if you buffer some CC while he's about to use it.

CC that needs to be channelled is garbage.

killatopak

Gold Member
Man, all chat sucks ass sometimes but I'm debating whether to just disable it or not.

more often than not it just spews toxicity to me or to my team mates and tilting them. I mean the only reason I don't turn it off is because sometimes there's hilarious chat that happens in between teams or someone in the other team melting down and I get to see it all in real time.

Man, all chat sucks ass sometimes but I'm debating whether to just disable it or not.

more often than not it just spews toxicity to me or to my team mates and tilting them. I mean the only reason I don't turn it off is because sometimes there's hilarious chat that happens in between teams or someone in the other team melting down and I get to see it all in real time.

Just turn it off.

It should really just be removed from the game. Nothing intrinsically good will come from letting two opposing teams chat with each other.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Why are ADCs bad right now? Item changes?

a little bit of everything

some got nerfed due to items, and then the items got nerfed without any compensatory buffs

tanks got pretty much a universal buff across the board with CotC and some tanks are overtuned regardless

junglers are stronger earlier and looking for ganks earlier due to the jungle changes which means it's a lot easier for them to shut down a bot lane and just keep ganking

some have just not been in a great spot for a while and that's being highlighted by the current meta

and of course ADC's whine about the meta regardless of whether it's true or not :^)

Newt

Just turn it off.

It should really just be removed from the game. Nothing intrinsically good will come from letting two opposing teams chat with each other.
All chat revitalizes me.
Even in this meta, a 6 kill lead should be converted to a win as ADC. Then again, you didn't take my advice I posted earlier in the thread about Graves :^). Honestly, Ryze, Aatrox and Graves, you gotta dodge games like this man.

Ashhong

So I'm playing Illaoi for the first time, is she pretty much just single target damage? Seems like her ult does damage to one person, and then the tentacles attack the one person who I W onto. Is that right? I guess the tentacles would also do AOE damage to anyone standing around the person I W, but still.

So I'm playing Illaoi for the first time, is she pretty much just single target damage? Seems like her ult does damage to one person, and then the tentacles attack the one person who I W onto. Is that right? I guess the tentacles would also do AOE damage to anyone standing around the person I W, but still.

No. The more people around your ult, the more tentacles you get. The more tentacles you get, the more damage you do. Yes, the tentacles attack the target you W, but remember the tentalces are AOE in the first place. Thus every enemy caught in the swings takes damage. Your express goal before pressing R is making sure you can get as many tentacles as possible by being around as many enemies as possible.

Your E is essential for chasing down and for additional damage. If you don't land your E, try to wait for it to cool down before going in again. If you want to fight someone one on one, E them first, and ult them if they get close or if you can get close to them. This also greatly reduced the cooldown of your W so you can pretty much spam it. Keep hitting W and Q when you can. If they get completely clear of your ult and you can't kill them with the chase, disengage. Ult cooldown is pretty reasonable.

Enjoy the free lane for a minute or so while they back to heal. If they stay, make them regret it with pushing the lane to tower and tossing out Q's if they try to farm.

Use your waveclear to your advantage. She's a strong split pusher, usually forcing 2 or 3 to rotate to her, opening up the map for the rest of the team to push/farm.

When grouped, use your E to force enemies to have to deal with the tentacle spawns for a few seconds. This gives your team time to take objectives or fight with an advantage.

Uh no, Illaoi is one of those 1v5 pentakill champions. Anyone standing near you while ulting will die pretty quickly. Your W/E targets will just die faster.

Ashhong

No. The more people around your ult, the more tentacles you get. The more tentacles you get, the more damage you do. Yes, the tentacles attack the target you W, but remember the tentalces are AOE in the first place. Thus every enemy caught in the swings takes damage. Your express goal before pressing R is making sure you can get as many tentacles as possible by being around as many enemies as possible.

Your E is essential for chasing down and for additional damage. If you don't land your E, try to wait for it to cool down before going in again. If you want to fight someone one on one, E them first, and ult them if they get close or if you can get close to them. This also greatly reduced the cooldown of your W so you can pretty much spam it. Keep hitting W and Q when you can. If they get completely clear of your ult and you can't kill them with the chase, disengage. Ult cooldown is pretty reasonable.

Enjoy the free lane for a minute or so while they back to heal. If they stay, make them regret it with pushing the lane to tower and tossing out Q's if they try to farm.

Use your waveclear to your advantage. She's a strong split pusher, usually forcing 2 or 3 to rotate to her, opening up the map for the rest of the team to push/farm.

When grouped, use your E to force enemies to have to deal with the tentacle spawns for a few seconds. This gives your team time to take objectives or fight with an advantage.

Cool thanks for the tips. When you ult then, do the tentacles that spawn attack automatically? They only attack after I W right? If I E someone and ult while the actual enemy is also in range, should I W onto the spirit thing or the actual champion?

Actually, I guess I should be W'ing the actual person. Assuming the tentacles AOE the spirit, that would be most damage that way right?

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
What's the best way to make use of Poppy's ult as a jungler? Should I just try to sneak up from behind and launch people on the enemy team into our own towers?

Zynx

Poppy ult always launches targets towards their own fountain, so that doesn't work. (unless they're already between your towers)

You can use the uncharged ult as in-place CC though.

Top Bottom