• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Talents

Banned
tfw you're in your promos and someone gets secondary role/autofill mid over you.

Feels
Bad
Man

lol jk dodge now i'm the mid laner and he's salty he got support lul

Fuzzery

giphy.gif

You're in for a little shock.

I didn't really believe how bad it was, until I went on a massive loss streak. Now i'm playing ziggs and this shit is so easy.

Next up, adc veigar

Maybe I should just play yi too, jungle is pretty op right now

23qwerty

Someone on reddit had an idea to change bloodscent to make low hp enemies leave a trail of blood instead of just being able to see them which seems pretty great tbh. Always felt bloodscent was pretty bs

drawkcaB

It could be like Rek'sai where the champion isn't revealed, but there's some sort of marker showing where they are, and only shown to Warwick.

I'm not sure what I've been looking up on GAF and the internet in general but I'm very, very curious as to why NeoGAF's ad system thought it would be a good idea to try and sell me on the racing game Spilt/Second, a game that came out in 2010.

It could be like Rek'sai where the champion isn't revealed, but there's some sort of marker showing where they are, and only shown to Warwick.

I'm not sure what I've been looking up on GAF and the internet in general but I'm very, very curious as to why NeoGAF's ad system thought it would be a good idea to try and sell me on the racing game Spilt/Second, a game that came out in 2010.

to be fair Split Second is a very good game

drawkcaB

Oh sure. Hell, I already have it on Steam. It's just so random. I can't remember the last time I looked at any racing game related. It's pretty much LoL, indies, and strategy games for me.

"Know what, I bet this guy loves last gen racing games."

Kudos to me for my skills at fucking up data for ad-trackers, I guess.

zkylon

zkylewd
finally got around watching the trailer

pretty cool stuff, zaun looks awesome and straight out of a mix of bioshock and the joel schumacher batmans, and it teases some interesting gameplay stuff with how his blood scent thing works

trailer seems to be heavily hinting at wounded enemies pushing him to a supercharged state and him having some sort of pounce ability

i like his machine heart thing, i think that looks pretty cool, rest of his design isn't that interesting but i just don't like werewolves all that much

only caveat is that it's first person and first person stuff is super lame but can't be perfect

Dekutulla

man, mf is so braindead. I thought I was gonna be in trouble when I got autofilled to adc but it was like the easiest shit ever

better than the velk game I played right before it where we had a fucking ashe jg that refused to gank and spent the entire game shittalking bot. thank god that was normals

Newt

man, mf is so braindead. I thought I was gonna be in trouble when I got autofilled to adc but it was like the easiest shit ever

better than the velk game I played right before it where we had a fucking ashe jg that refused to gank and spent the entire game shittalking bot. thank god that was normals
pre-30?

That WW teaser has me interested ... greatly interested. They put more effort into that than they have most new champ reveals.

Hoping they make him a viable Top/ Jg. I really do hate that JG champs so rarely work in lane.

Also, I'm really looking forward to this tank rework they have planed. Not just cause some tanks are braindead boring to play until team fights but because ... I would really like to know wtf Riot thinks tanks should or should not be able to do or how exactly they want them to work in the game.

Like some Rioter said Poppy is too strong and will be getting nerfed... IIRC after they nerfed her HARD she stopped being played all that much and became "Ehh..". Then they made a few buffs ... but nothing changed much until CoC. Seems like that mastery is more to blame than anything as it seems like a balancing head ache to now suddenly factor into that so many champs can get a free shield for hard CCing someone in a trade.

Do they want Tanks to be able to do meaningful DMG overtime well sucking up as much DMG as they can or to just be big balls of Def Stats that just act as CC bots that don't really do any dmg? Cause the 2nd half sounds like Support tanks which have a meaningful and unique role but don't really work as solo laners and the first half basically means that they should be able to kill a champ who isn't building armor if allowed to sit ontop of them and do dmg for a long span of time. Yet some how that's not fair to ADCs who face tank a tank's dmg?

Will be interesting seeing where they take the role.

Cant wait for the inevitable wall of text of his story

WARWICK WAS A NORMAL MAN

BUT THEN SINGED NEEDED EXPERIMENTS

SEE WARWICK HAD A FAMILY SO HE'S REALLY ALL NOT THAT BAD

HE TRIED TO FIGHT IT

BUT SINGED CHANGED HIM INTO WOLF

AND NOW THAT APPARATUS ON HIS BACK STABS HIM TO ANGER AND EMPOWER HIM

SEE HE'S REALLY A GOOD GUY BUT THEY MADE HIM EVIL AND NOW HE DOES ZAUNS BIDDING

BUT HE'S ALSO MORE ANIMAL THAN MAN NOW

IT IS HIS CURSE

WARWICK WAS A NORMAL MAN

BUT THEN SINGED NEEDED EXPERIMENTS

SEE WARWICK HAD A FAMILY SO HE'S REALLY ALL NOT THAT BAD

HE TRIED TO FIGHT IT

BUT SINGED CHANGED HIM INTO WOLF

AND NOW THAT APPARATUS ON HIS BACK STABS HIM TO ANGER AND EMPOWER HIM

SEE HE'S REALLY A GOOD GUY BUT THEY MADE HIM EVIL AND NOW HE DOES ZAUNS BIDDING

BUT HE'S ALSO MORE ANIMAL THAN MAN NOW

IT IS HIS CURSE

Rip, Soraka.

zkylon

zkylewd
monte and doa are done with league

monte i could live without but i'm gonna miss doa so much

this sucks, i can't imagine the spot tv stuff not having anything to do with it

at least pappasmithy's still in

drawkcaB

monte and doa are done with league

monte i could live without but i'm gonna miss doa so much

this sucks, i can't imagine the spot tv stuff not having anything to do with it

at least pappasmithy's still in

Time to put his theory that viewers will follow casters to the test.

zkylon

zkylewd
To be honest, Riot kinda did treat Monte like shit. Unsafe player environment my ass lol.
i think it's safe to say it was a loaded situation whatever way you look like it

feels like both monte and riot had some ego stuff going on and in the end we all paid for it. both parts are to blame for sure, we'll probably never know the whole story, but it feels like the kind of thing that shouldn't be allowed to happen

monte's persona outside of the game was really obnoxious but he was a really insightful and entertaining caster and doa was just the funniest caster ever

they'll both be sorely missed

zkylon

zkylewd
doa has always casted other games and never intended to be full on league caster

it's probably a smart career choice not to tie yourself down to a single game and he's been casting hearthstone for years and now overwatch with monte, i guess with only 3 days a week for ogn he and monte didn't feel like it's worth their time anymore

they'll make a statement soon and we'll see why for reals, but i'm guessing it just doesn't make sense for them to fight over casting spots with pappasmithy and achillios if it's just gonna be 3 days

i might be missing something here (i can't remember the exact changes for 2017), but like, if you think about it, it really sucks for all casters in korea to have this split setup with ogn and spot tv, cos if you're like pappasmithy and you're a dedicated league caster your actual work just got cut in half, while you still probably have to do just as much prep work, vod reviews, etc. and i'm gonna guess they don't get paid as much as if they were casting all games?

edit: i'll miss doa so much

C1ykOKzUoAQI8pt.jpg:large

drawkcaB

I just watched some professional overwatch matches to see what it looks like from a spectator's point of view. Is it usually ~90% of time spent jumping from player PoV to player PoV like the in the matches I saw?

zkylon

zkylewd
it switches around a lot and has a bunch of hovercam kind of hopelessly trying to frame teamfights

competitive overwatch is really disorienting, at least as someone that doesn't generally watch competitive fpses

last time i heard blizzard was working on a proper spectator mode but idk if that ever got implemented, i haven't paid much attention to overwatch in months

I just watched some professional overwatch matches to see what it looks like from a spectator's point of view. Is it usually ~90% of time spent jumping from player PoV to player PoV like the in the matches I saw?

Competitive overwatch is not fun to watch. Like most FPS games, IMO.

It's just hard to believe that this is what's considered acceptable for viewers.

I don't know that the viewers have a pathway to ask for something better.

The issue is that the game is sort of all over the place and fast paced. Compare with something like CSGo, which is far easier to follow for spectators.

It's the reason why I can't stand watching just about any FPS game. Too many perspectives to keep up with, too chaotic. The only way I can enjoy an Overwatch stream (and I do enjoy them) when it's a single streamer. One perspective.

Leezard

To be honest, Riot kinda did treat Monte like shit. Unsafe player environment my ass lol.

It's hard to say how the unsafe player environment stuff happened. They did have Remilia on the team which makes it such a loaded place to be in to begin with. It might have been enough if some of the staff was not very good at dealing with the team + her, or just ignorant in how to approach her.

That's all assuming the whole thing was due to Remilia though. There really could have been tons of issues related to her and I doubt Riot wanted to get some kind of transphobic label due to not handling the whole deal swift and hard enough.

Newt

It's hard to say how the unsafe player environment stuff happened. They did have Remilia on the team which makes it such a loaded place to be in to begin with. It might have been enough if some of the staff was not very good at dealing with the team + her, or just ignorant in how to approach her.

That's all assuming the whole thing was due to Remilia though. There really could have been tons of issues related to her and I doubt Riot wanted to get some kind of transphobic label due to not handling the whole deal swift and hard enough.
Basically what happened (though never outright confirmed by Riot) was that Chris Badawi promised Remilia money to cover surgery costs if Remilia agreed to continue with team Renegades (back then Misfits). Keep note this was more of a personal agreement. In the middle of the season Remilia wanted to leave the team (she would later get replaced by Hakuho), so Badawi got mad and told her that he wouldn't cover her surgery costs anymore. Later Badawi apologized and told her that he would still compensate for the costs.

Anyways, this is the event that probably caused Remilia to tell the Rioters that the environment wasn't safe. Crumbzz himself said that he thought the team environment was safe, and he would never let the team run on an unsafe environment, and to me Crumbzz comes across as a real genuine guy, so I'm inclined to believe him.

Leezard

Basically what happened (though never outright confirmed by Riot) was that Chris Badawi promised Remilia money to cover surgery costs if Remilia agreed to continue with team Renegades (back then Misfits). Keep note this was more of a personal agreement. In the middle of the season Remilia wanted to leave the team (she would later get replaced by Hakuho), so Badawi got mad and told her that he wouldn't cover her surgery costs anymore. Later Badawi apologized and told her that he would still compensate for the costs.

Anyways, this is the event that probably caused Remilia to tell the Rioters that the environment wasn't safe. Crumbzz himself said that he thought the team environment was safe, and he would never let the team run on an unsafe environment, and to me Crumbzz comes across as a real genuine guy, so I'm inclined to believe him.

Oh, I hadn't heard of that. That's a rough situation for both Remilia and the rest of the team.

Crumbzz seems like a genuine guy for sure.

Newt

Yeah in summary.

Badawi is shady af.

Remilia is probably a drama queen.

Monte is egotistical, but seemed to have followed protocols.

Crumbzz is genuine.

zkylon

zkylewd
remi was cute

wish she still played

at least i have peanut and faker in the same team now and i'm happy knowing madlife is on vacations in na with fat juicy american money

Top Bottom