• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

I dunno. I still do not really see the point and can't imagine many use cases for these tools when you can just practice inside a game. Not that I am against it or something but it is really not a big deal.

Well, for my part when I'm trying out a new jungler I feel like I need to do their clear a good 5-6 times before I get a good feel for how fast, sustained, best skill order, etc. Once I include loading times, waiting for the initial spawn, going through the custom lobby and such, I'm wasting about 35-40 minutes doing that. The practice tool means I can do those ~5 clears in less than 15mins.

Yup.

It's good for practicing how much damage does to enemies in full sets, jungling, practicing dash spells and the distance, etc.

I mean...there's no reason to not have a practice mode.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I mean...there are not really 5-6 different ways to approach the jungle really, and you'll get into a game where you get help on the first buff so practicing for that just seems like a waste of time to me. You have "X" amount of HP/mana and you just make decisions based around that at all times. It's not that I think there is no use for practice mode but I just find it to be something not particularly useful in League, which is sort of a Moba that prides itself on stuff just working the way you would expect it to.
Does the new client not close when the game starts?
Technically the old client never closed. It would just get minimized to your hidden icons.

I dunno. I still do not really see the point and can't imagine many use cases for these tools when you can just practice inside a game. Not that I am against it or something but it is really not a big deal.
You can practice inside a game by either risk trying out shit in PVP or playing alone for 30 minutes so you can try stuff out once every 5 minutes.

Stuff like doing specific wall hops, animation cancels, dash cancels, etc etc shouldn't be so obnoxious to practice.

JulianImp

Today's patch has somehow made the in-game client into some laggy mess for me, where the client often decides to stop rendering video for half a second or longer while the in-game logic appears to still be updating (as I still listen to SFX playing as champions attack and so on). Has anyone else experienced that kind of thing?

I tried setting my client to run in windowless mode like an in-game announcement recommended (too bad the hotkey they listed for toggling fullscreen was Windows-only) and even tried lowering the screen resolution and graphical settings as well, but it still did those hiccups every now and then.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You can practice inside a game by either risk trying out shit in PVP or playing alone for 30 minutes so you can try stuff out once every 5 minutes.

Stuff like doing specific wall hops, animation cancels, dash cancels, etc etc shouldn't be so obnoxious to practice.
Most of this stuff is not supposed to be hard in League in the limited places it exists. It's fine. Like I said, I'm sure there are use cases they are just hyper limited from my point of view. I really don't think it is a big deal to just pick a champ you have not a lot of familiarity with and go at it in a PvP game to learn. Most of this game is just dealing with the different variables and reacting appropriately.

zkylon

zkylewd
honestly i only wanted the sandbox to practice shurima shuffling and since azir is trash right now that's not longer needed :p

Here's the thing I've noticed in the past few months. We've had an influx of people in the past few months and we're getting more activity than before after our huge 1st and 2nd gen LoLGAF members left. I want this place to be fun and have unique personalities stand out like Zkylon's posts or breezy's shenanigans. That being said we can be civil when having our conversations. We might have lurkers that have yet to post and we have new posters that are getting acclimated to the community. The last thing we want to do is give off the vibe that we're an exclusive clique that only accommodates existing users or people who understand/comprehend the game. Let's be real, we're going to have a huge gap in terms of knowledge about the game whether that's general game literacy/design or due to the sheer experience from playing the game. But that doesn't mean we should be actively throwing shade on a board where words are permanent. Whatever you write is permanent. It can be edited sure but come on... Let's keep things in this thread civil and tone this shit down.
you definitely have the right idea but it's probably inevitable given the personalities here

The flat number on Live doesn't scale with number of champions nearby. On PBE, both the lower flat value and the %max health value scale with the number of champions nearby.

I'd still like to see the %max health changed to %bonus health and the numbers adjusted. You want a big shield? Gotta build for it.
yeah those seem like sensible ideas

i was actually considering taking colossus on certain ryze matchups

Costy, irelia skin today? :D

the amumu and blitz skins and the chromas are all there is for this patch

Just got auto filled ADC vs Malz Support and FUCK, that shit is straight toxic! Not only is Mals a non-interactive solo laner but a pain in the ass as a support. Just Es you and walks away. Es wave to help Draven push faster. spell shield stops you from catching him out with CC.

Wow ... ADCs really do have something to bitch about.

Newt

Rank the following dramas

AD TF Saga
Ghost and Dr. Dre double ban
Costy being condescending
Newt vs Ioki
The Return of Deadnames: The Final Ban

scy

Scy's post, while interesting, is not the reason she doesn't have it.

I think of mine more the layman's or commoner's view on why she doesn't. Attach it to the kit and start to see where the lines get crossed. A more practical experiment on the whole concept of power budget and champion high / lows than if I just said that.

Yall need to tone down the fucking shade in this thread. It's actually becoming a regular thing.

In all honesty, this is a large reason why I didn't play for as long as I did (and still kind of don't). Physically unable to play for awhile aside, this community itself is pretty toxic and it made the desire to actually play pretty low.

And I do say that knowing how much of an asshole I was (and am).

Jarsonot

Practice tool is awesome for me. Even for just practicing last-hitting. I was thinking about this the other day, if you've been playing for years you've had tons of experience last-hitting at low levels. There's just no way I can get that much experience unless I play an order of magnitude more games, which I don't have time to do, or keep setting up and loading custom games which is cumbersome and slow.

I'm coaching a high school team this year and the practice tool will be fantastic for that as well. I'm already planning a cs competition, just gotta think up some 'awesome' prizes.

ad tf being an absolute cretin and then getting permabanned
knights of reform vs warriors of lyte
deadnames vs himself
RiotCosty showin up for Slayers
Dr. Dre pretending he's very knowledgeable about the game and then not explaining anything in many paragraphs.

ad tf being an absolute cretin and then getting permabanned
knights of reform vs warriors of lyte
deadnames vs himself
RiotCosty showin up for Slayers
Dr. Dre pretending he's very knowledgeable about the game and then not explaining anything in many paragraphs.

You forgot breezy vs. Fiora then being proven right after she got buffed

zkylon

zkylewd
Battlerite sounds like some moba knock-off lol.

I'm guessing closer is off playing hots still..
battlerite sounds super cool actually. boko tells me great things about it (i think he's in vacations now tho, haven't talked to him in like a week)

and i miss closer ;_;

You forgot breezy vs. Fiora then being proven right after she got buffed
lmao

actually i feel like closer sort of lives on through breezy lol

Newt

My PSU for my PC died in the middle of a solo q game :/. Covered by warranty, but will take a week to replace. I feel bad for my team too.

Top Bottom