• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Nev

Banned
Have fun when someone dodges after there's been 10 bans and 10 picks. Did I say dodge? Let's go with a /remake after 5 minutes of champ select, 2 minutes of loading screen and 3 minutes of pointless play.

If it's what it takes to have Irelia and Akali permabanned from my games I'm fine with it though.

zkylon

zkylewd
aaand camille is picked

champ select feels pretty exciting, they even animate the champion portraits

edit: and jax picked into her

yeah who knows maybe riot finally did it

Newt

Have fun when someone dodges after there's been 10 bans and 10 picks. Did I say dodge? Let's go with a /remake after 5 minutes of champ select, 2 minutes of loading screen and 3 minutes of pointless play.

If it's what it takes to have Irelia and Akali permabanned from my games I'm fine with it though.
This is why they need an to implement a kick in champion select system. Would discourage people messing around and forcing dodges. Maybe it's turned off for like master/challenger.

qVjqCyu.jpg

Thoughts on what to plan to redeem vs what's trash? I already have Officer Cait, SKT Vayne and the Lucian one. The rest are unowned.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
How do I change the game to borderless in the beta client options? I must be blind because I don't see it anywhere. >_<

Talents

Banned
How do I change the game to borderless in the beta client options? I must be blind because I don't see it anywhere. >_<

Pretty sure you have to actually be in game to change the graphic options and stuff. When you are in game just go to the Video tab in options and the option should be there to change between full screen, windowed, and borderless.

Quonny

I think it's the fact that it's in waves is what makes the biggest difference. They can broad ban in the first wave and then target ban what roles are needed and who plays what champion. It's just a way more strategic system.

I think it's the fact that it's in waves is what makes the biggest difference. They can broad ban in the first wave and then target ban what roles are needed and who plays what champion. It's just a way more strategic system.

Maybe it works better that way for league, because comps tend to be a more homogenous compared to dota or hots.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
qVjqCyu.jpg

Thoughts on what to plan to redeem vs what's trash? I already have Officer Cait, SKT Vayne and the Lucian one. The rest are unowned.

That's the best Fizz skin. Megaten Liss and Dunkmaster Darius are also must haves IMO - in fact I have the former waiting to be unlocked when I decide to cash in on my essence.

Playing top more. Killing it as Illaoi. But I'm struggling to teleport into team fights in any meaningful way. When should I be teleporting bot? I feel like when I do I am giving up my top tower.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Pretty sure you have to actually be in game to change the graphic options and stuff. When you are in game just go to the Video tab in options and the option should be there to change between full screen, windowed, and borderless.

That did the trick, thanks. =)

drawkcaB

I don't understand for the life of my how jungle Nautilus' win rate can be this low. Yeah, yeah, not meta, slow clears starting around level 11, low mobility, etc. But he feels as good as usual to me. Tahm generally has a jungle win rate of about ~45%. That's totally believable. He has real issues in the jungle that can be hard for inexperienced players to compensate. But to have him in the same range as Nautilus? No, just no. It's kinda be that people aren't skilling or building Nautilus right.

Just went 7/0/10 in one of the easiest games I've played in a while. By the time I was level 6 I managed to spin mid lane and bot lane (that was losing at the beginning of the match) out of control.
qVjqCyu.jpg

Of the set I like Pentakill Olaf and Dunkmaster Darius the most.

Talents

Banned
Is there a worse feeling than getting a really nice team with a really good team comp, only for someone on the other team to dodge at the last second and when your queue pops again, you're with an entirely different team that starts with

Dizzi22x: mid only
1999 07 03: fuck off you suck at mid
Dizzi22x: then i troll

God

Bless

OH GOD HE ENDED UP GETTING MID AND PICKIGN RYZE AND HE SUCKS HARD AT RYZE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DRE Fei

Is there a worse feeling than getting a really nice team with a really good team comp, only for someone on the other team to dodge at the last second and when your queue pops again, you're with an entirely different team that starts with

Dizzi22x: mid only
1999 07 03: fuck off you suck at mid
Dizzi22x: then i troll

God

Bless

OH GOD HE ENDED UP GETTING MID AND PICKIGN RYZE AND HE SUCKS HARD AT RYZE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

In all fairness, under the old system it was based on pick order and the same thing would happen. You would be last pick and forced into support or whatever undesirable role and the first guy would pick mid and then feed. I hate new system sometimes too, but it's still better than the old way.

Talents

Banned
That was such a weird game. I got top lane and I was against Pantheon, went to lane and Pantheon's there but their support also steps out of the bush, they chase me through river and my twitch jungle ends up killing them. Sona ends up duo laning top with panth while my ziggs adc starts crying cause he keeps getting ganked.

We won but I was right, the Ryze was bad.

drawkcaB

So all this season I've decided to only play support. nothing else. Am I in for a bad time?

Extremely enjoyable as long as you can handle not being the center of attention. Most balanced position in terms of champ viability, IMO, and that will be even more true if/when Riot takes steps to bring melee supports up to snuff.

Blizzard

Banned
I just tried playing a game since I took like a 4-month break. There were huge queue times and games took forever when I left.

At about 8 EST today, there was still a 2+ minute queue for normal draft, sadly. I wonder how many people are playing?

Even more depressing, when I tried to look up a guide on Solomid, I couldn't find a guide updated in the last year for Vi. Is she just not popular or is Solomid more abandoned?

Talents

Banned
Is there any way to get faster xp other than buying a boost on the store? I swear I remember doing something on my first account where I received an xp boost or something for free. Getting like 1/4 bar of xp a win is soul crushing.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Is there any way to get faster xp other than buying a boost on the store? I swear I remember doing something on my first account where I received an xp boost or something for free. Getting like 1/4 bar of xp a win is soul crushing.

friendly reminder it used to take 2x as long to get to rank 30 :^)

Talents

Banned
friendly reminder it used to take 2x as long to get to rank 30 :^)

Yeah but I didn't really realise cause when I started playing I only played with irl friends who were already 30. Although I remember being annoyed whenever I went against like a gold mid laner and they had full masteries and runes.

Top Bottom