• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Talents

Banned
wtf I legit hard carried that shit. Newt woudl have died like every fight if not for yours truly.

This is bullying and I'm reporting this thread to GAF mods.

drawkcaB

Ivern jungle man. I hope the opposing jungler feels as terrible as I feel happy when I play him. It feels like he was custom made for my playstyle.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Ivern jungle man. I hope the opposing jungler feels as terrible as I feel happy when I play him. It feels like he was custom made for my playstyle.

ivern is the fkn worst to play against with the bs slow spam, the weird ranged autos, the ridiculous q range and speed, unable to do anything against daisy

if he was picked even a little bit more in my games i'd ban him instead of rengo or hec

This is going to be a good first game of night. Queued up at about 10:45. 3 minutes to find a game. Got through all of our bans, midway through picks. Player dodges. 1 minute to find next game. Player dodges. Not sure how much time passed, but at least 3 of the next games that popped up someone declined. Then I get put autofilled into ADC, a position I haven't played in over a year. This is going to go well.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
This is going to be a good first game of night. Queued up at about 10:45. 3 minutes to find a game. Got through all of our bans, midway through picks. Player dodges. 1 minute to find next game. Player dodges. Not sure how much time passed, but at least 3 of the next games that popped up someone declined. Then I get put autofilled into ADC, a position I haven't played in over a year. This is going to go well.

just go velk adc

Blizzard

Banned
Is there any equivalent of pink ward now? I tried buying the new control ward for Akali, but it didn't do anything. I then tried the scanner trinket, and that also didn't do anything.

Blizzard

Banned
They arent

I wasnt around for when they changed it so i dont really know whats going on tbh, it is pretty weird
Oh, I'm not totally crazy then. :|

So that wiki lists things that give true sight, except some of them (pink wards, oracle extract) aren't available in Summoner's Rift.

I guess it's a change where Akali is literally supposed to be untargetable in stealth now? Or maybe there are one or two niche items I haven't found yet. As far as I can tell, the two red trinkets just outline her and don't actually let you attack?

23qwerty

So that wiki lists things that give true sight, except some of them (pink wards, oracle extract) aren't available in Summoner's Rift.

I guess it's a change where Akali is literally supposed to be untargetable in stealth now? Or maybe there are one or two niche items I haven't found yet. As far as I can tell, the two red trinkets just outline her and don't actually let you attack?

I think so, looks like Frost Queen's Claim reveals her though

Dekutulla

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/preseason-2017/assassins

zkylon

zkylewd
apparently rito argentina is raising rp prices in february (as well as all other countries in south america)

i don't get why that's needed since in the end they charge your credit card in dollars anyways, so it's not like argie peso going to shit matters much to them

she's not exactly untargeteable in the sense that even tho you can't like click on her you can still hit her with spells (vs say camille ult that makes her untargeteable for a lil bit)

idea with invisibility right now is that you basically "deal with it" by just semi-blindly throwing skillshots (akali might be invisible in there but she's still eating all that aoe dmg you're throwing in there) or just timing your targeted abilities when tumble is on cd or whatever

invisibility is honestly not very fun to play against right now but pinks were real shitty and this change was needed

apparently rito argentina is raising rp prices in february (as well as all other countries in south america)

i don't get why that's needed since in the end they charge your credit card in dollars anyways, so it's not like argie peso going to shit matters much to them

they're not making enough money.

zkylon

zkylewd
they're not making enough money.

they probably have the local part of business that's affected by currency changes but it just feels shitty cos every month the rp price rises for me since exchange rates keep getting worse

it also puts me in a sucky position in which i'm like ok i have to buy more rp so i can avoid the price raise but also i don't want to give riot money because they're raising prices

it's also like only two weeks notice which imo is too short of a time since by this time of the month my credit card is super maxed out lol

zkylon

zkylewd
Why do you dislike pinks?

I respectfully disagree. I like pinks a lot more than the current play against invisibility.
pinks are terrible because akali shrouds and there's a binary check of if you have pinks in your inventory or not and that's all there is to it

if you have pinks then they might as well not have that ability and you buying pinks is not a display of smarts or skill

and because of that they usually have to overtune champions to compensate, leaving you really helpless when you find yourself pinkless against vayne or whatever

right now most invisibility champions haven't been balanced at all around the new invisibility, maybe they should make shroud last less or whatever, idk, but i think it's a positive step forwards

binary mechanics just make the game worse

Blizzard

Banned
pinks are terrible because akali shrouds and there's a binary check of if you have pinks in your inventory or not and that's all there is to it

if you have pinks then they might as well not have that ability and you buying pinks is not a display of smarts or skill

and because of that they usually have to overtune champions to compensate, leaving you really helpless when you find yourself pinkless against vayne or whatever

right now most invisibility champions haven't been balanced at all around the new invisibility, maybe they should make shroud last less or whatever, idk, but i think it's a positive step forwards

binary mechanics just make the game worse
I'm OK with this since I really dislike Akali. Binary mechanics might make the game bad, but making Akali really rare would make the game less bad so it'd balance.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm OK with this since I really dislike Akali. Binary mechanics might make the game bad, but making Akali really rare would make the game less bad so it'd balance.

akali needs a full on rework, when she gets it i'm sure they'll consider invisibility proper

Ketch

The ability forces you to buy wards, costing you gold, and it's not about the smarts or skill of buying wards it's about the smarts and skill of the invis hero playing around your wards without feeding but still making you buy them.

Detection being free ruins it tho. So does supports having lots of gold.

It doesn't have to be a binary mechanic, it can be an economy thing.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
When playing tanky characters are there some good tips for initiating a team fight? I find myself in a lot of games where everyone will be mid at the 15 minute mark jiggling back and forth waiting for someone to do something. If I'm on someone like Leona or Shyvana I'll ult my way into the other team, and everyone wakes up and starts actually fighting. Is it often a case of the team waiting for someone to take the driver's seat and start the fight, or am I being brash diving in first?

Leezard

When playing tanky characters are there some good tips for initiating a team fight? I find myself in a lot of games where everyone will be mid at the 15 minute mark jiggling back and forth waiting for someone to do something. If I'm on someone like Leona or Shyvana I'll ult my way into the other team, and everyone wakes up and starts actually fighting. Is it often a case of the team waiting for someone to take the driver's seat and start the fight, or am I being brash diving in first?

If you're playing a tanky initiator then it's your duty to find a good time to initiate the fight. Shyvana might want to flank rather than dive in from the front, but Leona is the prime example of someone who should find a good opportunity for a fight and start it in a good time.

Try to find a 5v4 opportunity or a time when an enemy priority target moves into your range for the best possible team fights. If you're ahead and the enemies don't have a big priority target (fed Orianna/MF or something like that), you can probably just initiate on anyone you can reach and steamroll the fight.

Note: if your team has multiple initiators you might want to think about whether you want to be primary engage or secondary engage. If you have both Leona and Shyvana on your team for example, Leona might do the primary engage while Shyvana follows up with a flank while the enemies start to target Leona or try to escape.

zkylon

zkylewd
kled picked on lck

at this point it totally feels like 10 bans add a bit of diversity

it's not much, not only for the surprise picks but because teams are not exact copies every game

will keep tracking this stuff see if it gets better or worse

The ability forces you to buy wards, costing you gold, and it's not about the smarts or skill of buying wards it's about the smarts and skill of the invis hero playing around your wards without feeding but still making you buy them.

Detection being free ruins it tho. So does supports having lots of gold.

It doesn't have to be a binary mechanic, it can be an economy thing.

how does akali play around pinks, she shrouds and u plant one on it and that's it, mechanic over?

or vayne or whatever?

being more expensive wouldn't make it any less binary, it's still a numbers check of "u had enough gold" or not and it just becomes another snowball mechanic

meanwhile vayne ult is way more interesting if you can't see her cos it forces u to predict where she'll tumble

Ketch

how does akali play around pinks, she shrouds and u plant one on it and that's it, mechanic over?

or vayne or whatever?

Idk, same way you play around anything else.

By checking who has wards and anticipating that when she does the thing that they'll do the thing. Then it's just can akali make them waste a ward and is it worth?

zkylon

zkylewd
Idk, same way you play around anything else.

By checking who has wards and anticipating that when she does the thing that they'll do the thing.
what's that mean exactly tho

if you're around someone with pinks you do what exactly? you don't shroud? or you don't fight whoever has a pink?

that's the thing about binary mechanics, there's not much u can do

Ketch

what's that mean exactly tho

if you're around someone with pinks you do what exactly? you don't shroud? or you don't fight whoever has a pink?

that's the thing about binary mechanics, there's not much u can do

Idk man, Bots don't use wards.

I guess you would act like youre gonna do a thing, then use shroud with the purpose of getting them to waste a ward on it, and then run away.

zkylon

zkylewd
Idk man, Bots don't use wards.

I guess you would act like youre gonna do a thing, then use shroud with the purpose of getting them to waste a ward on it, and then run away.
i wish i could say that's how it works but i very rarely see something like that

this change opens them up to do some trickier stuff with invisibility spells that i think could lead to more interested and concentrated moments of power

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah was just about to post that

faker pulling the katarina too, been a while since he played an assassin that isn't leblanc

Top Bottom