• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Leezard

I think there should be noticable tradeoffs in roaming for a support. Roaming as Alistar/Blitz/Thresh is already very strong. Letting their adc be safer in addition to that would upset the balance quite a bit.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Hey Costy, with Autofill still being a prevalent issue in regards to Ranked (flex and solo/duo) is Riot still working on minimizing autofill or changing Ranked a bit to accomodate for the frequency of Ranked. I made a suggestion in regards to losing less LP when you autofill since it's a role that's being forced upon you that you may or may not be familiar with. Just curious....

Blizzard

Banned
I'm surprised there's so much complaint on auto fill. I hardly get autofilled.
I got 2.5 minute queue times in bronze placement matches even with autofill activated (jungle/top selected), but at least I never got autofilled out of maybe 5 games thus far.

Maybe no one's in bronze NA anymore so the queue times are long.

faridmon

I think there should be noticable tradeoffs in roaming for a support. Roaming as Alistar/Blitz/Thresh is already very strong. Letting their adc be safer in addition to that would upset the balance quite a bit.

Yeah, there is a risk of roaming as there are rewards in helping the other lanes.

However, I do think some XP in warding and roaming could help a little in making supp feel more useful.

Costy, can you explain the decision making behind replacing PiraTechnics with what appears to be his soap-opera evil twin?

Edit: I'm hyped to see 10 bans in the LCS now too.

Edit2: I love seeing Khazix. Please ban Zyra.

Unfortunately I don't know what's going on. I will see what I can find out from my sources.

Check abandoned hospitals and abandoned mines. I assume that's where the good twins get put, but I haven't ever actually watched a soap opera :x

I don't think we have an LCS thread yet. Damn, I really like H2Ks comp. I just wish Origen had banned Zyra. Tabzz is going to have a bad time most likely unless they get support.

JulianImp

I'm surprised there's so much complaint on auto fill. I hardly get autofilled.

I apparently get to escape autofill completely by regularily queuing up for support. Been spamming Malz to good effect, but then there're some games where we end up losing because top/mid/jg goes 0/4 early on and the team is unable to act cohestively in order to fight fed opponents.

Like, yesterday I played two flex ranked games, and in the first we had the adc player picking Cho and going mid (so 2-man mid, while our jungler had to help my lane to avoid losing it too early and allowing the enemy bot team to roam (which they did anyway). That was before a game I dodged where the mid player said he hoped we'd be okay with him having drunk a couple beers and we all dodged the hell out of there.

faridmon

Question:

Flex ranked and the regular ranked, are those two separate ladders? Can you become a bronze in one and silver in the other?

Talents

Banned
Question:

Flex ranked and the regular ranked, are those two separate ladders? Can you become a bronze in one and silver in the other?

Yeah solo and flex are completely different queues with no real connection to each other. Solo is usually regarded as the more competitive one where as Flex is the fuck around one imo.

Febiven's ults have been... interesting. Flash in to ult a full health Ryze under his tower. Even with Jankos I don't think they had kill pressure at full health with like half a minion wave.

I don't think game 1 is enough to make an early judgment about OG & H2K other than the fact that H2K is better at seizing on mistakes. But that's not a surprise for a team who I believe retained its shot caller.

Leezard

Yeah, there is a risk of roaming as there are rewards in helping the other lanes.

However, I do think some XP in warding and roaming could help a little in making supp feel more useful.

Yeah, losing less XP is fine. You get behind just by warding as-is anyway. I was mainly talking about the whole "item to make it safer for adc solo in lane" thing.

TheFlow

Banned
getting flamed in all chat pisses me off. especially when your adc sucks so he blames you for everything. 1/6 adc and a ryze midlaner rushing hourglass. I can not make this shit up

I tried to save us but none the less it doesnt matter in bronze flex. Going to solo right now

7ff96add573f38b6390df860c6c4c399.png

Nev

Banned
I keep saying it

But rito should just turn off all chat for all ranked. No purpose to it except to either gloat or bitch at the other team(whether its about your team or not.)

That's just Riot trademark hypocrisy.

Don't be cocky!!! /// Here, have 35 new taunts per champion, spammable laughs and champion mastery emotes. Don't forget to report people who make use of our own trash-talking tools!

We absolutely don't support negative attitude!! /// Here, have an /all chat in a game where it serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever other than hosting verbal disputes between the two teams.

That said, I think trash-talking and emotes is one of the best things about multiplayer games and I'm glad Lol has so many great tools for it. As long as it's done in a comical, harmless way and not in an inflammatory, "get cancer" way, which is unfortunately the case with this toxic community.

I'm just baffled at the unbelievable nerve shown by Riot when they pretend they don't like them and sanction people who use them. I'm positive they laugh their asses off at most chat reports.

Double standard is real with them but that's hardly a new thing.

Newt

That's just Riot trademark hypocrisy.

Don't be cocky!!! /// Here, have 35 new taunts per champion, spammable laughs and champion mastery emotes. Don't forget to report people who make use of our own trash-talking tools!

We absolutely don't support negative attitude!! /// Here, have an /all chat in a game where it serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever other than hosting verbal disputes between the two teams.

That said, I think trash-talking and emotes is one of the best things about multiplayer games and I'm glad Lol has so many great tools for it. As long as it's done in a comical, harmless way and not in an inflammatory, "get cancer" way, which is unfortunately the case with this toxic community.

I'm just baffled at the unbelievable nerve shown by Riot when they pretend they don't like them and sanction people who use them. I'm positive they laugh their asses off at most chat reports.

Double standard is real with them but that's hardly a new thing.

Oh Nev. You don't get punished for only spamming laugh or mastery.

Oh Nev. You don't get punished for only spamming laugh or mastery.

Theres a reason why Clash Royale got flack for not letting you turn off emotes from your opponent.

Spamming emotes or mastery is annoying as shit. If anything they should add a 5 second stun for whenever you use a mastery or an emote.

Seriously, that shit is annoying and it can tilt people. If Riot wants to reduce toxicity, they should start by making mastery/emote spam invisible to the enemy team.

I've never been a fan of the concept of punishing people for being competitive in multiplayer PvP games. Getting in the heads of mentally weak people is a legit tactic used in most competitive things.

"I'm on my way. Start running"
"Bronze XXV"
"Tango down in section One Alpha!"
"gg easy"
"lol rekt"
"Stick to Co-Op vs. AI"

If someone types any of the above, I don't see how someone can get in trouble for that in League...especially when there is a mute option. As soon as someone sees they're getting roasted, they should immediately mute them and move on. What's the point of having a mute function if you're gonna punish people anyways?

EDIT: And no, I'm not saying that if someone cusses people out in /all chat after getting a killl, they should go unpunished. That's totally different.

I've never been a fan of the concept of punishing people for being competitive in multiplayer PvP games. Getting in the heads of mentally weak people is a legit tactic used in most competitive things.

"Bronze XXV"
"gg easy"
"lol rekt"
"Stick to Co-Op vs. AI"

If someone types any of the above, I don't see how someone can get in trouble for that in League...especially when there is a mute option. As soon as someone sees they're getting roasted, they should immediately mute them and move on. What's the point of having a mute function if you're gonna punish people anyways?

Just have that turned off by default and make it optional for players to turn on. If that person wants to get tilted.

Not only that but the last 3 examples you listed are definitely reportable for borderline harassment. So not the best examples to use..

I mentioned clash royale before, and again their emote spam is default on for everyone. But then under pressure from players, they added an option to "mute" it into ellipsis, but that still conveyed the spaminess of the emote itself. And finally they relented and added a complete mute option to emote spam.

When Clash Royale does something right regarding emotes, you know league is behind.

Thats why I prefer hots. The only assholes you have to deal with are your team, and using an emote locks your character into that animation for a few seconds. Its just better in that regard.

As for "but muh skin emote", great, spam that for your team. Dont bring that shit towards the enemy team.

Like I said, if Riot wants to lower toxicity, they can start by disabling all chat permanently for ranked games, and making emotes/mastery spam invisible to the enemy team in all modes.

Worst post.

Btw Breezy, all chat is off by default.

They should just disable it for rank. Because even if you cant see it, the second you have a teammate bitching in all chat, game is more or less done. Dont even give them the option for that avenue in ranked. And also disable emote/mastery spam from being seen by opponents.

And I told you costy 10 bans would help diversify the game.

Chalk that down for another thing breezy was right about.

Xeilyn

Well riot you got my money with this Lunar revel event. Bought 15 envelopes(+ 1 bonus)

2 legendary skins

4 epic skins

7 975 skins

3 750 skins

8 gauntlets

1 pouldron

7 golden relics

JulianImp

"Bronze XXV"
"gg easy"
"lol rekt"
"Stick to Co-Op vs. AI"

EDIT: And no, I'm not saying that if someone cusses people out in /all chat after getting a killl, they should go unpunished. That's totally different.

This is where the "playing to win" mentality gets on my nerves, since that slight edge you're looking for relies upon thinly-veiled insults in all chat to tilt your opponents into playing worse which, oh look, fits the definition of bullying! Professional fighting game players don't need to go "get rekt" after a perfect or an amazing read, and I'd rather enjoy good sportsmanship than having to endure a bunch of tryhard spikes actively trying to tilt their opponents.

Yeah, you can always mute people as soon as you see they start to flame, but even then that's just a band-aid because you did get treated to at least one petty insult, all while the guy's unsporting mentality probably remains unchanged.

REgarding emotes, I'd be all for decoupling what your own emotes from what the rest of the players's clients see if you happen to spam them too many times in a short span of time. That way, you'd get to fool around with animations and voice lines to your heart's content while the rest would see and hear them only once in a while.

Newt

Toxicity didn't take out shit. Lyte had good intentions, but he was so severely incompetent it resulted in him hardly actually tackling toxicity.

League definitely has a problem with toxicity, but all chat and emotes aren't the problem. The problem actually is, is that because of Lytes stupid automated system, there's a significant bias for punishing verbal toxicity and not behavioral.

The tribunal was a good idea, not sure why it got scrapped. Today you could have replays for the tribunal. They could offer small RP rewards.

All chat and emote spam contribute to the overall toxicity though. They arent the cause of it, but when you have your top being tilted by the mastery spam or your mid getting tilted by the Lux laugh spam, it adds to toxicity. Sure you can turn off all chat, but when your jungler takes it to all chat to insult his team and other teammates start complaining at him through team chat, it ruins the game for everyone.

All chat adds nothing to the game, except an avenue to gloat or harass, however thinly veiled it may be. You, as a singular player, may be able to turn it off, but when your teammates dont, it doesnt help the overall game.

Its a team game. Having people on your team either being baited or insulting their own team through all chat, doesnt help at all. If Riot did a test and turned off all chat completely, it would probably bring in positive results.

DRE Fei

Mastery emote spam is the best. It's never not great. It exposes who the weak players are.

I wish I could lock myself at the lvl 4 shitty one to tilt people even more when I spam it over their dead body.

Top Bottom