• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
kXuVJfF.png

ayyy boosted ahri players (^:

gator even got gold for that

VuFozpk.png

zkylon

zkylewd
congrats dobi

i wish i could play lux, but she feels really crappy this patch imo

Damn zky that's a great avatar

ay thanx

I am ok to not queue on one gametype but all? its kinda harsh , I couldnt even play aram
well you want dodging to be punishing to discourage ppl from doing it

think of how annoying it is to play ranked right now cos like you have to go through two dodges every game

there's other reasons why dodging is so frequent (champ select in the new client being pretty shit is #1, and autofill is probably #2), but it's a problem u probably want to attack from all angles

zkylon

zkylewd
nah camille is bullshit for many other reasons than that

riot set out with the mission of making a very frustrating champion that feels like bullshit when she just murders you with a gazillion tools and they succeded

that ult spell is like the one thing i find really positive about her, it's a simple spell that's very clear and easy to understand and leads to fun interactions and fun situations

what's sad about it is that she generally oneshots you as soon as you're ulted so the fun stuff rarely happens but those are problems with the rest of her kit most of all i guess

(the attack on titan hooks things are also very fun to use but it's tied to so many hidden mechanics i'm not a big fan of it)

Pretty sure Vi can't ult cancel...super awesome...
i mean, if she couldn't then it's a bug that they can just fix

not sure what the big deal is, it's a funny video of a weird interaction that they'll probably fix next patch

vi ult stopped by the worlds dumbest ult

yeah thats very cool
i like camille's ult, it's fun

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
nah camille is bullshit for many other reasons than that

riot set out with the mission of making a very frustrating champion that feels like bullshit when she just murders you with a gazillion tools and they succeded

that ult spell is like the one thing i find really positive about her, it's a simple spell that's very clear and easy to understand and leads to fun interactions and fun situations

what's sad about it is that she generally oneshots you as soon as you're ulted so the fun stuff rarely happens but those are problems with the rest of her kit most of all i guess

(the attack on titan hooks things are also very fun to use but it's tied to so many hidden mechanics i'm not a big fan of it)

"fun"

zkylon

zkylewd
like i said, camille has like a billion other issues than her ult

look at what riot's nerfing

i agree that it's currently not a great experience but nothing about camille is, so i bet once the rest of her kit is nerfed it'll be much better

i do think that the untargeteable part of her ult should go tho

like i said, camille has like a billion other issues than her ult

look at what riot's nerfing

i agree that it's currently not a great experience but nothing about camille is, so i bet once the rest of her kit is nerfed it'll be much better

i do think that the untargeteable part of her ult should go tho

no

no it won't ever be better

Like I said, make her ult a skillshot and not targeted. It's just bullshit and anti-fun.

zkylon

zkylewd
no

no it won't ever be better

Like I said, make her ult a skillshot and not targeted. It's just bullshit and anti-fun.
i feel like a skillshot wouldn't change that much since she has like a 1200 units range uninterruptible dash ability and can just blast it point blank to your face

it would also be very much against the point of the spell which is to trap someone?

there's so much to nerf in camille since every spell has like 17 moving parts, i think once they remove a lot of the fat out of her kit it'll be much better

i feel like a skillshot wouldn't change that much since she has like a 1200 units range uninterruptible dash ability and can just blast it point blank to your face

it would also be very much against the point of the spell which is to trap someone?

there's so much to nerf in camille since every spell has like 17 moving parts, i think once they remove a lot of the fat out of her kit it'll be much better

the whole point of making it a skillshot is to give it counterplay and you know, make it a risky endeavor. "Whoops, I accidentally ulted this Hecarim, now my shits kicked in.".

And because the rest of her kit has 17 moving parts, unless they excise complete parts from it, in combination with her ult as is, it will continue being bullshit.

zkylon

zkylewd
the whole point of making it a skillshot is to give it counterplay and you know, make it a risky endeavor. "Whoops, I accidentally ulted this Hecarim, now my shits kicked in.".

And because the rest of her kit has 17 moving parts, unless they excise complete parts from it, in combination with her ult as is, it will continue being bullshit.
if she accidentally ults hecarim she can just run away, it's not like she can't leave the ult area

also if it was that unreliable it'd make her ult really hard to react to both for her team and the enemy's, a skillshot version of her ult would probably be a nightmare now that i think about it. you don't want a spell like that to be confusing, you want it to be simple, she runs at adc and ults them

again imo her problem is her dmg and crowd control, those are the two things that don't give you time to defend yourself, and those are the two things that are being nerfed right now on pbe.

she'll get more counterplay when those changes come through

if she accidentally ults hecarim she can just run away, it's not like she can't leave the ult area

also if it was that unreliable it'd make her ult really hard to react to both for her team and the enemy's, a skillshot version of her ult would probably be a nightmare now that i think about it. you don't want a spell like that to be confusing, you want it to be simple, she runs at adc and ults them

again imo her problem is her dmg and crowd control, those are the two things that don't give you time to defend yourself, and those are the two things that are being nerfed right now on pbe.

she'll get more counterplay when those changes come through

Lowering the numbers isn't more counterplay. That is not what counterplay means.

Counterplay is, say, Lux's laser having a tracer that you can see before the actual ult is fired up. Counterplay is giving a marker to people who are in danger of being ate by chogath, or showing the area where his Q is going to come up from.

And saying that making it a skillshot would make that ult a nightmare to use, it's like nah, plenty of ultimates are skillshots. She has the same issue as Malzahar when it comes to her ultimate.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
My new favorite meme is that making an ability a skillshot makes it balanced. I can't say that I'm very impressed with Camille's design outside of the wall jumps. I just have not seen very interesting situations arise from her ultimate and it's sort of just...undercooked as an idea. Everything about Camille just lacks compromise from a design perspective. She has this emphasis on bouncing off walls into players...but she also gets to hop over walls just because. Seems like a small thing but it also just hurts the identity of the champion. Once she's a high mobility champion with strong chase potential she does not really need a forced duel ability. Instead of emphasizing that players need to fight Camille it's just a basic CC/mobility tool. If the arena benefited (and locked in) both champions but Camille had an advantage because of her wall jump on its edges that'd be more interesting to me. Stuff like Legion Commander is just a more interesting execution of the idea though.

zkylon

zkylewd
Lowering the numbers isn't more counterplay. That is not what counterplay means.

Counterplay is, say, Lux's laser having a tracer that you can see before the actual ult is fired up. Counterplay is giving a marker to people who are in danger of being ate by chogath, or showing the area where his Q is going to come up from.

And saying that making it a skillshot would make that ult a nightmare to use, it's like nah, plenty of ultimates are skillshots. She has the same issue as Malzahar when it comes to her ultimate.
lowering the numbers does mean more counterplay in this case

she's losing cc and she's losing damage, which means she has a harder time killing you because you have more time to retaliate (shorter stun duration), you can run away better (weaker slow) and she needs to hit u more to kill you (lower dmg)

it's not gonna solve all her problems but it's the kind of fix she needs, specially because nerfing her ult does very little for her laning which is abusive af

as for the skillshot thing, comparing it to malzahar isn't really useful. the reason why you want camille's ult to be reliable is because of how damn disruptive it is. she not only shuts down the person she ults in, but she also pushes out everyone else

so say she missed the skillshot she might have completely ruined a spell combo or save someone she didn't mean to or whatever

the spell on live has 425 range, that's very short, so she's already shooting it from a really short range, lower than any adc auto range and a distance where a skillshot would be really tough to dodge anyways

think of how olaf works, his q might be a skillshot but he just runs up to your face and axes you and that's not something u can easily dodge. and she has the tools to get right in your face and shoot it point blank. and you have to buff the spell now that it's a skillshot, so it's either gonna get more range or a stronger effect or whatever, which i'm sure you don't want

look at what rengar's q being a skillshot accomplished, a whole lot of nothing (outside of letting him run faster by spamming it and making it so it's not aoe lol)

skillshots are great (like srsly look who you're talking to), but not in every case. like syndra ult or lizzy ult, some spells might be frustrating to play against but they're necessary in that they add reliability to kits that might otherwise lack it. looking at a champion kit basing it entirely on one ability or even one aspect of that ability is a bad idea. doesn't mean that every targeted ability is good or fair and there's problems with syndra, lizzy and camille ults, but it's not necessarily them being targeted. try to think of the champion as a whole

My new favorite meme is that making an ability a skillshot makes it balanced. I can't say that I'm very impressed with Camille's design outside of the wall jumps. I just have not seen very interesting situations arise from her ultimate and it's sort of just...undercooked as an idea. Everything about Camille just lacks compromise from a design perspective. She has this emphasis on bouncing off walls into players...but she also gets to hop over walls just because. Seems like a small thing but it also just hurts the identity of the champion. Once she's a high mobility champion with strong chase potential she does not really need a forced duel ability. Instead of emphasizing that players need to fight Camille it's just a basic CC/mobility tool. If the arena benefited (and locked in) both champions but Camille had an advantage because of her wall jump on its edges that'd be more interesting to me. Stuff like Legion Commander is just a more interesting execution of the idea though.
yeah that seems fair

i honestly dislike her design a whole bunch and would agree that her ult as an idea is much better than in execution

Yeah, Camille being able to jump off a wall at any angle is pretty silly thematic wise.

faridmon

I will continue hating Cammile until Riot nerf her to death. The upcoming patch is promising, but I will keep her banned every game.

an Yeah, her Ult should totally be a CC.

Riot making Rengar's Q a skillshot was such a bad look.

His Q being an auto attack modifier was what made his crit build the most fun thing in League of Legends.

JmxqE.gif

Riot making Rengar's Q a skillshot was such a bad look.

His Q being an auto attack modifier was what made his crit build the most fun thing in League of Legends.
And it achieved nothing since it kills people just as well while also giving him a fucking dash.

I still can't pick between Rengar and Malz for the worst rework Riot ever did. Throws those kits in the trash bin and start over.

Fracas

#fuckonami
holy shit jhin is even better now

and i think edge of night is fantastic on him depending on what you're playing against. that plus ghostblade active helps his mobility issues a lot

zkylon

zkylewd
And it achieved nothing since it kills people just as well while also giving him a fucking dash.

I still can't pick between Rengar and Malz for the worst rework Riot ever did. Throws those kits in the trash bin and start over.
malzahar imo

rengar rework is really bad because it didn't fix anything, but i don't think it particularly made him any worse?

malzahar rework was like going against everything riot ever said about strengths and weaknesses, grabbing a champion with a clear weakness and removing it by giving them the most uninteractive passive you can imagine

it was also super disruptive as it's made malzahar a very highly contested pick and a must ban for weeks and now he's also being taken to botlane to ruin yet another lane

it's absolutely the worst rework ever

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
yeah the malz rework is the absolute worst that didn't address a single thing rito said they wanted to address with him and just made him feel bad to play as and against

The only thing outrageously laughable about the Rengar rework is the 2nd part of his epowered W (which is getting removed). Outside of that, I don't think his rework is that bad after they nerfed his damage some.

Top Bottom