• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
In an interview Blaze said that they were much more afraid of Curse than they are of TSM.

Guess it's true.

And TSM poops.

But Curse haven't ever proven themselves.

So confused.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Hooray foreigners win 1 game weeeeeeee.

red13th

Great game omg. Azubu is so good but Curse played very well, so good. That failed early invade by Azubu costed them a bit.

EDIT: lol I didn't finish my thought.

Roybr

Really a great game, its been a while since i enjoyed so much a match like this one.
Looking forward to the final match

Triforce should be your main damage/utility, for the Sheen and Phage Procs. Buy early HoG and Philo for the gold and sustain, pick up an Aegis for mid game if your support doesn't (not a bad idea to get another one anyways, the aura is strong).

You'll eventually want a Maw (build a Hexdrinker early if you need to) and a Frozen Heart/Force of Nature. End up with Triforce, Shrelia's, Randiuns, Maw, Merc Treads, Force of Nature/Frozen Heart.

Atk Spd Marks
Armor Seals
MR or Cooldown Blues
Movement Speed Quints

To be honest I haven't played much Hecarim but this seems to give him enough tankiness while also staying mobile and outputting damage/utility with Triforce. Triforce is your main/core item so grab it after GP10s.

EDIT: Switch out the Maw for Force of Nature if you need to be more tanky because Maw doesn't always work out and it's nice having both Frozen Heart and Force of Nature.
IMO the tank route does not suit Hec best. You want to be tanky but also do more damage. The goal is to be the biggest disruptor and to hunt their carries in a team fight. Secondly do not initialte in a team fight, the ult is best used to stop the other team from regaining their composure during a fight or stop big ults like Galio/Nunu/ Kat.

His best role is jungle for his ganks and ability to move distances and to catch warded lanes with his speed.

Summoners: Ghost, smite. Ghost also serves as an AD steroid with his passive.
Move speed quints, armor yellow, magic res blue, ad red

Building I go:

Cloth-pots to start.

1st B- boots, razor

2nd B- Merc treads -Wriggles. Jungle is now easy clear you can stay out as long as you need.

Next build phage for the proc and health, then build Wit's end. Wit's end increases the procs and gives you magic res. After that fininsh trin force. The sheen proc gets a lot of damage from the charge as your AD increases with movespeed. Great to run in and do damage.

Next you get either giants belt if you arn't doing well or get brutalizer if you are doing well. If you got giants belt thenget brutalizer and vice-versa.

After brutalizer get sunfire cape the Yomuus. This is the late game fear nothing point. You can use Yomus and ghost with charge and sheen proc will do about 40% of any carry. Also with the cool down, sunfire and W you should spam Q in a fight to get massive health back in a fight. Ult in to disrupt them then with W and Q and sunfire keep getting health and use ghost and active for more AD and charge anyone retreating.

Last item is situational but I like to get bloodthirster or GA.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The best Hecarim player builds Triforce, Frozen Heart, Randuin's, and Maw, picking up Philo and HoG early. He shouldn't need Wriggles. He's an AOE clearer with good times. I see Last Whisper a lot too late game.

The best Hecarim player builds Triforce, Frozen Heart, Randuin's, and Maw, picking up Philo and HoG early. He shouldn't need Wriggles. He's an AOE clearer with good times. I see Last Whisper a lot too late game.
Wriggles procs also heal with W on, and the ward for counter jungling. You can stay out much longer and faster ganks rather than the GP5s.

Boken

Banned
You guys say DAT STACKS

but it was basically graves+soraka pushing every damn lane which allowed kassadin to roam so much and get back in the game

Azubu handled the lane swap by Curse so well that they made it work to their advantage.

Respect to Blaze.

DESTROY EVERY TOWER BEFORE YOU WIN THE GAME?

np.

scy

Helps a lot that Curse has no MR.

You guys say DAT STACKS

but it was basically graves+soraka pushing every damn lane which allowed kassadin to roam so much and get back in the game

Azubu handled the lane swap by Curse so well that they made it work to their advantage.

Respect to Blaze.

The lane swap craziness at the start was ridiculous.

Edit: And I'd say the first bot fight after the wasted Karthus ult was the big turnaround. It got Kassadin a triple kill which made up for his lost farm.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yorick winning no games this tournament. And he got nerfed after this patch.

Margalis

Banned
Yorick is a problem design in that he is super boring to play against, super boring to play as, almost never loses lane, yet isn't actually that good.

He's also a complete waste of a concept - he was supposed to be a guy who summons undead to do his bidding, but instead he's a dude who bonks people with shovel and has some ranged aoe attacks that do minor damage and some effects.

He has to be one of the 2 or 3 most poorly conceived and executed champions in the game.

Maybe everyone make one (complete with a legend) and then one person compiles it together. And then several days later we realize all of this was a bad idea and never speak of it again.

It was all Kiunch's idea.
Plus then there are those weird people who sit in channel 4 all day.

Yorick is a problem design in that he is super boring to play against, super boring to play as, almost never loses lane, yet isn't actually that good.

He's also a complete waste of a concept - he was supposed to be a guy who summons undead to do his bidding, but instead he's a dude who bonks people with shovel and has some ranged aoe attacks that do minor damage and some effects.

He has to be one of the 2 or 3 most poorly conceived and executed champions in the game.

yup. makes me sad.

I wish his ghouls werent so worthless as allied units.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I was yelled at in the dota thread for saying this but I noticed the opposite in dota2 mumble

everyone was screaming at each other

then again i have no way to compare to league mumble cause i never go on it during gaf games
The salt usually stays in game and in mumble, doesn't really carry over to GAF.

It's not really a grudge type thing, it's just that some people are worse at keeping their tempers in check in the heat of the moment.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I was yelled at in the dota thread for saying this but I noticed the opposite in dota2 mumble

everyone was screaming at each other

then again i have no way to compare to league mumble cause i never go on it during gaf games

Who are you? Don't think I've ever seen you in mumble.

Step up senpai.

bjaelke

Double teleport tower dive
KuGsj.gif

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Maybe everyone make one (complete with a legend) and then one person compiles it together. And then several days later we realize all of this was a bad idea and never speak of it again.

It was all Kiunch's idea.

You can start from who have who on ignore list, I am sure most of us know =p

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
This TSM vs. Black game. wtf am I watching?

I have no idea why, but I busted out laughing at this wording.

Volimar

Chaox is way way way behind Captain Jack, so it's to try and help catch him up. It also helps Malphite and Mundo.

Why didn't Mundo build the Zeke's and Soraka build the Aegis? I mean since the lane phase ended so early, Soraka wasn't going to be laning with him any longer...

I suppose if he had started building it already it makes sense to finish it rather than sell it back for other stuff.

Just thinking out loud I guess. In a manner of speaking...

Pancakes

Why didn't Mundo build the Zeke's and Soraka build the Aegis? I mean since the lane phase ended so early, Soraka wasn't going to be laning with him any longer...

I suppose if he had started building it already it makes sense to finish it rather than sell it back for other stuff.

Mundo needs the extra defense more than Soraka does. Not that it mattered though Captain jack was just doing too much damage.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm a little disappointed that Blaze lost a game. Otherwise, it could have been 100% 3-0 matches all the way through MLG. It kind of reminds me of the recent street fighter fighting game tourney (EVO?) where nearly every match seemed 100% crushing on one side with no losses.

At least every match but one was 3-0. And TSM went 3-0 against Curse, so clearly TSM > Blaze in terms of vs-Curse-ness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom