• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Wow at that Ryze flash turret dive.

Also, this tournament makes me afraid that I will see more Maokai and Singed around, and both are annoying to me.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Honestly, after these matches I think TSM is beginning to understand how Koreans play. Although they lost a lot, they didnt' come out empty handed. They gained experience and now have a better understanding of a meta beyond their own. Not only that but this weekend will help to show what they're lacking in their play and what cracks need to be filled in their team.

Blizzard

Banned
It looks like a huge mistake by Blaze trying for the top inhibitor. That one mistake meant 4-6 turrets lost, 1-2 inhibitors lost, like 6 kills to TSM, and very nearly lost the nexus. They came back to win a close fight after that after they were initiated on by Ashe + Nocturne.

Unfortunately, the nexus looks like it's lost for Blaze because big minions are hammering on it and breaking its towers. :(

Volimar

STREAM Y U DIE RIGHT THEN :mad:

nknQQ.gif

kayos90

Poor Ashe, no one was protecting her, that really cost them the game.

edit: stream down :(

It's not even that. The team did a poor job of protecting their two big damage dealers: Reginald and Chaox. They just went on their bruisers while Irelia just walked past them and started focusing them. It's just a massive clusterfuck of a fight. blegh.

Ken

It's not even that. The team did a poor job of protecting their two big damage dealers: Reginald and Chaox. They just went on their bruisers while Irelia just walked past them and started focusing them. It's just a massive clusterfuck of a fight. blegh.

Is it really their fault though. Irelia is pretty tough to get off your carries with her passive and mobility with Bladestorm.

kayos90

It's going to be a redo. *sigh*

Is it really their fault though. Irelia is pretty tough to get off your carries with her passive and mobility with Bladestorm.

Well, I can understand Irelia. Nothing you can sort of do about that. But when their Mao, Urgot, AND Irelia do this? Blegh...

Ken

It's going to be a redo. *sigh*

Well, I can understand Irelia. Nothing you can sort of do about that. But when their Mao, Urgot, AND Irelia do this? Blegh...

I wasn't watching the stream so I had no idea what the team comps were.

Volimar

Marcus ‏@LoLDyrus

everything blew up so uhh yeah. what I can learn from this game is I need to protect ashe and teleport earlier when they're initating

I thought Dyrus was doing okay. I love when he plays Singed. One of my favorite champs.

EXGN

Wow, so if they remake, the winner of this tournament will have the BIGGEST asterisk by it. I feel that was still anyone's game even though TSM lost the fight. I don't think Azubu had enough damage to push the Nexus and I believe their own Nexus was being pressured.

MultiCore

You know, TSM was really trading blows with Blaze in the botched game 2.

I'm almost certain it won't be allowed again.

I would love nothing more than for TSM to win this.... but having to replay a game is gonna make everyone feel odd, no matter the outcome.

I would love to hear what the deal was. Why did the stream go down? Why did the game have problems? Was it a local tourney client, or was it just tournament draft mode online?

Wow, so if they remake, the winner of this tournament will have the BIGGEST asterisk by it. I feel that was still anyone's game even though TSM lost the fight. I don't think Azubu had enough damage to push the Nexus and I believe their own Nexus was being pressured.

Yeah, Blaze was down to 1 nexus turret.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
WOW they are replaying with the same rune/mastery/champion/ban.

This is a stupid rule, they won't be falling for the same trick twice.

EXGN

WOW they are replaying with the same rune/mastery/champion/ban.

This is a stupid rule, they won't be falling for the same trick twice.

Azubu definitely has the edge. Even though they were trading even, Maokai had all the kills which is bad. He scales pretty poorly late game with items. If they can get the kills to Jack and Ambition then they will have a much better standing.

It is a team game and you are wasting other people's time when you go out of your way to not think about the way you are playing.

Realizing you're playing a game =/= not thinking about how you are playing.

The point is to not be rude, inconsiderate or condescending to your teammates if you want them to play well. Only thing I've seen such behaviour encourage is throwing.

I was yelled at in the dota thread for saying this but I noticed the opposite in dota2 mumble

everyone was screaming at each other

then again i have no way to compare to league mumble cause i never go on it during gaf games

HoNGAF/Dota2GAF ribs on each other a lot. People will tease and poke you but it's usually the friendly kind, but even that can be misinterpreted easily I guess.

Haha, I was in that game! It was (surprise, surprise) 2th. I think he was yelling at you for building Frozen Mallet on Shen. It was an in-house 3v3 on Twisted Treeline.

I was in that game, that was back when shen was a true tank instead of tanky dps that he is now. He's passive also scale lower, but included based health instead of bonus health. I was in that game too =p

Yeah, you two and Southern were in that game from what I remember. And one other person besides 2th who's name I can't remember at the moment.

As far as I'm concerned advice is pretty much useless if the person giving it is disrespectful. Some might say that's intentionally gimping yourself but I find the people who give the best advice are usually the most well mannered.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
TSM actually would have won that last game. Dyrus forgot to use Poison Trail in the last team fight. They'll probably get crushed this game though. Sucks for them.

Blizzard

Banned
Irelia made me happy there. She actually made Singed use his ult, after she kept doing damage and ignoring the poison trail.

*edit* RYYYYYYZE

Blizzard

Banned
First surrender of the tournament? That game was like the revenge of Irelia. I assume MLG is over for the weekend now?

Not protecting Ashe or who? I'm missing all this from work. :/
I think Blaze kept Maokai zoom/Ryze flash/Irelia dash diving Ashe when possible. TSM was doing the same thing to Urgot though. Urgot seemed like the weakest link on Blaze that game.

kayos90

Please stop. Chaox played terrible games with awful positioning and this game has been over for ages.

Uh... Chaox had great positioning in nearly almost all of those fights in that second game. Team went out to separate the entire playing field rather than sticking together.

This is my belief as well. Chaox time and time again started out team fights where he shouldn't have been.

Chaox rarely throws out arrows on his own for far initiates. Regi calls for arrows and just shoots it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom