• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

You can't trust those evil little gnomes.
tumblr_m84avxxxzk1r81ywyo1_1280.png

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Mid vs Zyra is still a pain in the arse. Her little plant turrets have way to much HP for their damage and range, and her ult is a pain. She's not broken or anything, but I see the nerf bat coming her way.

EXGN

Got a cheeky comp badgaf should try sometime: Shen top, TF mid, Nocturne jungle, choice bot. Five man jump/TP ganks on bot!

I like using Karthus, there's just something about peoples hatred and anger that brings a smile to my face. One time I was on Skype with a couple of my friends and we were playing together. So we're purple, late game and we're[my two friends and I] pushing blues final bottom tower. Suddenly a wild fight occurs. So we're putting up a pretty good fight but they end up killing me. So I obviously press R during death defied. However, while it's comign down I'm shouting like "ARGGGGGGGGH" all of a sudden TRIPLE KILL. And my one of my friends were just like omg, Hulk Karthus! Good times with Karthus, I must say. Btw, before you say he's cheap because of R, I don't use it all the time, only when it's like crap that enemy is getting away and everyone else is too slow. Other than that it's my Q and E doing a good chunk of damage.

Ken

I like using Karthus, there's just something about peoples hatred and anger that brings a smile to my face. One time I was on Skype with a couple of my friends and we were playing together. So we're purple, late game and we're[my two friends and I] pushing blues final bottom tower. Suddenly a wild fight occurs. So we're putting up a pretty good fight but they end up killing me. So I obviously press R during death defied. However, while it's comign down I'm shouting like "ARGGGGGGGGH" all of a sudden TRIPLE KILL. And my one of my friends were just like omg, Hulk Karthus! Good times with Karthus, I must say. Btw, before you say he's cheap because of R, I don't use it all the time, only when it's like crap that enemy is getting away and everyone else is too slow. Other than that it's my Q and E doing a good chunk of damage.

You can't spell Karthus without R.

Boken

Banned
Terrible. /ff at 20.

My Caitlyn. Their Varus.

Why.
Caitlyn has a better build at least.
Why isn't Tristana played more often? Best range after some levels, easy mode farming (that pushes lanes), two excellent escapes and a ridiculous steroid.
I play Tristana :3 Basically she's just losing out to all the poking/trading champions bottom like asshole graves and ezreal. Shes great with hard initiate supports though.
Prejudice against yordles.
Free the Yordles~

BONUS LEVEL:

Hello Sophie.

Hello...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qo9IfpzrLWM#t=7s

Sophie.

Blizzard

Banned
Mid vs Zyra is still a pain in the arse. Her little plant turrets have way to much HP for their damage and range, and her ult is a pain. She's not broken or anything, but I see the nerf bat coming her way.
She's already getting nerfed -- movespeed reduced, and plant combo damage down to 25%.

I have tried many different routes and many difference pieces of advice, and I'm almost universally terrible as Zyra. My biggest problem is hitting the snare. Enemies usually move around, and it moves so slowly they can dodge it, plus it's super thin. If you move in range to hit it more easily, then most mid warp/stun/burst mages can do 1/3 or more of your health in an ability or two, and you just lost your main defense/escape mechanism by trying to move in range for the snare.

I think I have tried rushing rylais, tried rushing dorans dorans deathcap, I saw a zyra try going rod of ages (and fail horribly, going like 130 CS less than brand). I have seen vlad, ahri, kat, and possibly others do well against her. I have tried rushing Q first, and E first. I have tried rushing holy grail and then other items.

I also feel that unless you use QE (burns a ton of mana, 180+), it's really hard to kill waves quickly. If I set up a plant, smart enemies like vlad will just kill it immediately, and if it stays alive, it makes me miss CS by nearly killing them but not quite. Maybe I should avoid putting plants in minion waves, and just try to farm with Q and E? Champions that push waves really quickly seem hard to defend against without running out of mana.

In short, she is supposed to be easy and super overpowered, yet I can't figure out all the secrets. Or maybe it all depends on landing snares all the time. My second biggest problem is always being behind on CS.

I feel like champions that can dash (ahri, kat) to avoid the ult or plant range when zyra is helpless with snare down work well against her. Manaless champions like morde, kat, and vlad are also nice.

Got a cheeky comp badgaf should try sometime: Shen top, TF mid, Nocturne jungle, choice bot. Five man jump/TP ganks on bot!
I think TSM was using Nocturne + TF for ganks earlier today against Blaze but I'm not positive.

Blizzard

Banned
It was also funny because the two times other Zyras were involved I didn't even learn anything. One of them was like, they'd played her before...but they were the rod of ages zyra who went 1/3/1 and had 130 less CS than Brand. Brand got super fed.

The other one was Zyra vs Zyra mid lane, but they tended to disconnect whenever I landed a snare, so their passive didn't even go off after they died. I went like 9/1 that game and the death was because of being greedy late game.

Ken

What's a relationship chart and will I get RP for making mine?

Basically your ties with other people in LoLGAF.

You just draw a bunch of happy arrows that say "like" to me.

If you're Bind you would draw a bunch of arrows that hit nothing.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
umm, I started playing this game today and if you gentleman have any advice for a scrub wannabe shaco player let me know.

I have a few friends who taught me some basics, but I understand that the LoL community isn't very newb friendly?

Ferrio

Banned
umm, I started playing this game today and if you gentleman have any advice for a scrub wannabe shaco player let me know.

I have a few friends who taught me some basics, but I understand that the LoL community isn't very newb friendly?

Don't play shaco is going to be a majority of the advice you get.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Shaco is mostly about mind games. I don't know what he's like in SR anymore though, other than the usual "Get red, gank at level 2".

AP Shaco > AD Shaco in Dom.

XeroSauce

Play whoever you want early on, it really doesn't matter.

Who you begin to understand basic concepts like last-hitting and lane pressure, then you can start focusing on the right picks etc.

Take some time to look all over the store at the items. Helps to understand the different traits etc.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie

Who you begin to understand basic concepts like last-hitting and lane pressure, then you can start focusing on the right picks etc.

Take some time to look all over the store at the items. Helps to understand the different traits etc.

Seems like really good advice, I feel so lost when I'm looking for what items to buy.

Guiz

You could start with the 450ip champs. Most of them are viable even if they're not the strongest champ of the game.
I think it could be a good start to learn item build and roles.

Ken

Are you jungling Shaco?

Ken

As soon as I figure out the correct way to jungle I will. It's all a lot to take in on the first day, but I am learning something new every few minutes.

Jungling is pretty hard without runes, although I'm not sure how reliant Shaco is on them. A good way to figure out the correct way is to watch some videos on how to jungle for this season's jungle.

Jungling is great; you don't have to do terrible things like last hit or have to face stupid little yordles like Kennen.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Pretty much this. Have fun leveling up and treat each game as a learning experience where you familiarize yourself with the game's mechanics.

Don't worry about jungling. Even if you wanted to your lanes probably couldn't handle the 2v1 top.

Ken

Pretty much this. Have fun leveling up and treat each game as a learning experience where you familiarize yourself with the game's mechanics.

Don't worry about jungling. Even if you wanted to your lanes probably couldn't handle the 2v1 top.

There is a surprising amount of junglers now when I play on my level 10 smurf.

Veezy

que?
So I'm bouncing between this and Smite for my MOBA fix. I wish I could get into DotA 2, but it's just too much of a damn learning curve. I had so much fun playing this I have to watch myself from getting crazy addicted.

I'm VeezyF if you'd like to add me to your friends list. Be warned, I'm terrible.

Can anybody recommend a few heroes to play with just to get better acclimated with the game?

Ken

So I'm bouncing between this and Smite for my MOBA fix. I wish I could get into DotA 2, but it's just too much of a damn learning curve. I had so much fun playing this I have to watch myself from getting crazy addicted.

I'm VeezyF if you'd like to add me to your friends list. Be warned, I'm terrible.

Can anybody recommend a few heroes to play with just to get better acclimated with the game?

What level are you? I can play with you on my smurf.

Tristana and Alistar are free. The latter is a great support/jungler, the former is an AD carry yordle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom