• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

League of Legends
‎Alienware Arena will be giving away a League of Legends item bundle (Champion + Skin + XP Boost) throughout the European Regional Finals, North American Regional Finals, and the Season 2 World Championship.

details --> https://bitly.com/OTm7n6

You’ve been asking for it and now it’s time for us to deliver. Alienware and Riot Games have taken their partnership to the next level. Alienware will be a major supporter of the Season 2 Regional Finals and World Championship.

Right now, you must be thinking, “Yeah, but what does that have to do with me?”. Well, because of your overwhelming support of Alienware Arena and League of Legends, Alienware Arena will be giving away a League of Legends item bundle (Champion + Skin + XP Boost) throughout the European Regional Finals, North American Regional Finals, and the Season 2 World Championship.

The exact timing and contents of the League of Legends bundle giveaway will only be shared through Alienware Arena. So, if you aren’t already an Alienware Arena member, signup, and opt-in to Alienware Arena's newsletter in order to receive an early hint about the giveaway date for your region. Don't miss out on any of the details that may get you ahead of the crowd for this Alienware Arena League of Legends bundle giveaway!

Keys Available: 0

I'm too lazy to bother signing up for an account with Alienware but posting this just in case anyone else is interested.

scy

A guy that rarely streams has over 20k viewers o_O

It's interesting hearing him say Diana is a bad (tournament) champion. For lane, he's probably right. We'll see how things pan out.

Doran's + Kage's on the first buy which makes sense to me though.

Ferga

Scarra with dat mid Diana OP
dying dumbly due to OOM. Know that feel

I watched alex ich play her right after she got released. It was just stomp after stomp. Ich would get blue, push out mid, get enemy wraiths, wolves then friendly wraiths and wolves.

Needless to say, he carried alot of games and kept up to the 100cs every 10minutes. It was nuts.

A guy that rarely streams has over 20k viewers o_O

I think this is when everyone watches streams. Even when people like TOO and scarra aren't streaming, you see alot of streamers with 10k+ viewers.

Blizzard

Banned
Please stop inviting me to Dominion. SR is the one true game-type. Amen.
I got randomly invited to 3v3 yesterday. And I also know two people who play 3v3 all the time...I'm even worser than usual when I join them since I don't know how it's supposed to work and I feel bad for not carrying or knowing the correct 3-champion combination that should be used. Few people seem to play 3v3.

I feel bad for the jungler if the mid lane person is taking wraiths -and- wolves constantly, but I guess they respawn quickly these days.

Please stop inviting me to Dominion. SR is the one true game-type. Amen.

im-sorry-i-thought-this-was-america-randy-marsh-south-park.jpg

That 55 mana cost Q is just ridiculous. Similar spells on other champions all scale up to like 90 mana, the spamability of it at 55 mana is just obnoxious.

scy

She has mana issues as is, and the main complaint people say about her. I think the 55 mana cost is justified.

Yeah, it's pretty easy to burn through all her mana. A proper combo from her drains about half her Mana at Level 6. She does get decent MP5 (10.6 by Level 6, I believe?) but it's still really easy to run out of mana. It's a surprise until you actual try her, really.

Yeah, it's pretty easy to burn through all her mana. A proper combo from her drains about half her Mana at Level 6. She does get decent MP5 (10.6 by Level 6, I believe?) but it's still really easy to run out of mana. It's a surprise until you actual try her, really.

Basically every ap champion drains about half their mana for a level 6 full combo, but none of them keep their mana so high while doing that much harass and waveclear for 55 mana.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm too lazy to bother signing up for an account with Alienware but posting this just in case anyone else is interested.
I didn't really understand the terms or whatever but I like free stuff to me so I signed up.

Also, Malph and Rammus make such a cool combo :)

scy

Its just her Q that got turned into Akali-like. Seems interesting. Not sure if for the best.

Where's scarra for comment?!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Her new W sounds like Akali's W minus the movement speed buff.
It reminds me more of Eve...but potentially useful. I don't really get why Kat is getting a rework. Nothing about her really demands reworking. She will probably be way too strong, she's getting more stuff at no real cost.
orVH9.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
They've changed her W a few times. If they're remaking her, my prediction is that she will be worse than Karma, or at least much worse than Katarina in her current form. =(

In detail, after looking over the changes, here are my concerns (and Katarina is practically the only champion I have enough experience with to comment on, with 67% win rate in 128+ ranked games):

1. On paper, it sounds good, but:

2. Bouncing blades targeting nearest instead of random means that your ability to harass enemy champions might go to zero or very low. All they have to do is stay further away from minions than minions are clumped, and you will just be hitting minions, it sounds like.

3. We know there is an extra damage ability, and a combo component, but we don't know numbers. From this we can conclude that

4. Either she is released and does too little damage, and becomes worthless (more so than she supposedly is currently against good players), or

5. She is released at a powerful/decent level, some good players will have success with her against people who don't know how to counter her, and

6. Within the month, she will be nerfed into the ground, because people will be aware of the change, it will be high profile, it will be on a snowball champion, and people will scream to the high heavens on the Riot forums.

At either point 4 or point 6, she will end up worse than before, is my prediction. :(

*edit* Reduced damage capability on the ult means less ability to kill mid laners also, I'm guessing. And I'm guessing worse teamfights.

dimb

I read that at high levels of play, Kat players feel the ultimate is unreliable and anything they get from it is just icing on the cake. Her ultimate damage is going down to give her a more consistent damage output, so maybe it'll turn out to be a good thing.

Even for me it feels like I'm rolling a dice with Katarina.

Blizzard

Banned
I read that at high levels of play, Kat players feel the ultimate is unreliable and anything they get from it is just icing on the cake. Her ultimate damage is going down to give her a more consistent damage output, so maybe it'll turn out to be a good thing.

Even for me it feels like I'm rolling a dice with Katarina.
I'm not sure what you mean by this...unreliable because you don't know when someone will interrupt it? You can try to watch when enemies use interrupts (and smart enemies will save them for you).

Speaking of rolling a dice, am I insane or are Yorick's ghouls super hard to target? I feel like they're really difficult to click on with no feedback, especially with smartcast, and of course they don't even give gold. I was trying to consume them with Nunu and half the time I would just sit there or accidentally move and nothing would happen.

scy

I don't really get why Kat is getting a rework. Nothing about her really demands reworking. She will probably be way too strong, she's getting more stuff at no real cost.

I recall she was up for an art upgrade but this rework is kind of a surprise. I'd imagine there's champs more fitting for a rework than her, honestly. I'll say that I'm kind of interested in learning Kat seriously now whenever this rework hits.

...well, I wanted to learn her anyway because I like manaless champs but still.

I know whenever I see a Kat, I save whatever interrupt I have for after Kat ult starts. Shutting it down means she does basically nothing in a fight. Same for whenever I'm in a premade, we basically all make note of having to keep an interrupt up for her. The only time she gets a long channel is if she joins the fight late, really.

Edit: Though, you could argue that the fact we save an interrupt for her is benefiting their team somehow ... but it usually just means something minor is reserved for her. Like, recent games it has been Diana's E.

dimb

I'm not sure what you mean by this...unreliable because you don't know when someone will interrupt it? You can try to watch when enemies use interrupts (and smart enemies will save them for you).
You can watch for their interrupts, but there's nothing stopping them from saving one for you. Kat is based around an ability that simply cannot be guaranteed because it needs to be channeled in close proximity. A more even spread on her damage across multiple abilities seems like the sort of thing that makes her more reliable.
I recall she was up for an art upgrade but this rework is kind of a surprise. I'd imagine there's champs more fitting for a rework than her, honestly.
Nasus and Garen stand out.

scy

I do like that I always saw Garen in games. Then I got to like level 20 or something and he just disappeared.

I kind of miss spin2win.

That new champ is probably Rengar.

Did Warwick and Volibear have an offspring? >_>

I want more beast/monster champs. I'm fed up with the muscular/pretty males and booby females.

Boken

Banned
AHAHAHAHA KATARINA

screw summons im better than him at katarina

New Q makes Kat harass a lot weaker but her fighting is so much better now. She has even more potential to poop on skillshotters now. I think the bonus damage on auto is pretty lame though. Make it consume on spell damage. Q + Ult for massive aoe damage!

And awww yeah, white lion hunter beast animal dudde.

fuck humans

Blizzard

Banned
Super Warwick is the new champion! And I was beaten to it, but I was going to say that Garen is supposed to be a really good counter for Akali, I think.

kat_5rca6b.jpg

I went Katarina in blind pick in honor (or fear) of the upcoming remake. Thanks to my team doing well and the other team not doing well, I had a good game. I got a quadra at one point, still no penta ever. ;( We killed their nexus at 43 minutes or so, I think.

The Orianna actually seemed quite good to me. She didn't use any abilities at all for a few levels, then suddenly started farming and had like 200 minions at the 21:00 mark, plus doing big poke damage to our team when we were in standoffs. And she had super fast reflexes on the shield whenever I hit bouncing blades.

I think the bonus damage on auto is pretty lame though. Make it consume on spell damage. Q + Ult for massive aoe damage!
Doesn't the description say it triggers on spell OR ability damage?

scy

New Q makes Kat harass a lot weaker but her fighting is so much better now. She has even more potential to poop on skillshotters now. I think the bonus damage on auto is pretty lame though. Make it consume on spell damage. Q + Ult for massive aoe damage!

That's exactly how it works.

XeroSauce

Thanks, I have an account already.

I remember grabbing like 20 XP boosts from this site way back when I was level 10 lol.

XeroSauce

How does that work anyways? Free IP or RP is good :)

This particular giveaway? You just sign up for an account and opt-in to the newsletter. They'll email you when the keys are up (but you gotta be fast).

The XP one, I just bumrushed a bunch of accounts using the gmail+01@gmail.com trick and got like 20 or so accounts + keys before they ran out .I got lucky with accessing the giveaway right as it started.

I don't need to do that for this one now though, so I'm good. :) I was also in a tourney that Alienware hosted and that was fun, it gives you "Alien" points that can be redeemed for other stuff.

If you haven't signed up for that sign, I'd suggest it, they are always doing great giveaways (not just for LoL).

dimb

Played Rengar on the PBE. He literally does more damage than anyone else in the game. It's like both good sustained damage, free stats flying in your face, and incredible burst. Like...if Veigar was a fucking jungler who healed himself and could solo Baron: that is pretty much Rengar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom