• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Just had the most awesome combo... was unintentional.

Nunu did his ult. Orianna sucked everyone into the middle of it. They started to run out... I vacuumed them back in with Diana's E. Fastest ace I've seen in some time.

scy

Played Rengar on the PBE. He literally does more damage than anyone else in the game. It's like both good sustained damage, free stats flying in your face, and incredible burst. Like...if Veigar was a fucking jungler who healed himself and could solo Baron: that is pretty much Rengar.

His kit doesn't look interesting to me just from seeing the list of them. Are the damages on them really that ridiculous? Damn.

3ByTN.png

ez y u so gud

Samyy

Played Rengar on the PBE. He literally does more damage than anyone else in the game. It's like both good sustained damage, free stats flying in your face, and incredible burst. Like...if Veigar was a fucking jungler who healed himself and could solo Baron: that is pretty much Rengar.

Excellent, heres my monies Riot

scy

He's a walking talking tiger with an eyepatch. He better have ridiculous damage.

Well, I can't seem to find his stats so I'll just sleep on it and magically have it all in the morning to look at. His biggest burst sounds like its from Q -> Empowered Q. I'm more surprised he has a gap close passive to be honest.

Ferga

hahahahahahah riot graves hahahahahahahaha

looks so ridiculous but I still want.... :|

Passive: Unseen Predator
While in brush or stealth Rengar will leap at the target when using his basic attack.
Rengar builds 1 point of Ferocity with each ability he uses on enemies. When reaching 5 points of Ferocity, Rengar's next ability becomes empowered, granting it a bonus effect.
Q: Savagery
Rengar's next basic attack deals bonus damage and grants him increased attack speed.
Ferocity Bonus: Rengar deals enhanced damage and doubles his Attack Speed bonus.
W: Battle Roar
Rengar lets out a battle roar, damaging enemies and gaining bonus armor and Magic Resist for a short duration.
Ferocity Bonus: Rengar heals for a large amount.
E: Bola Strike
Rengar throws a bola at his target, slowing them for a short duration.
Ferocity Bonus: Roots the target for 1 second.
R: Thrill of the Hunt
Rengar activates his predatory instincts, stealthing and revealing all enemy Campions in a large radius around him. He gains Movement Speed and rapidly generates Ferocity while stealthed.

from a reddit post in the pbe on the skills for the new champ. Don't know if its real but there it is.

Boken

Banned
Rengars ultimate looks fucking badass

from a reddit post in the pbe on the skills for the new champ. Don't know if its real but there it is.

real

but i'm disappointed he isnt a mechanics idea champion. another thematic champion like diana is. : (

Ferrio

Banned
Snowball items are frowned upon already... a champion based upon it seems an odd choice. Does his stealth act like old stealth or the new stealth?

XeroSauce

Confirmed, looking at him in PBE right now.

He is ridiculous right now. So much damage, completely outdates Renekton's kit, maybe even Warwick. This guy is ridiculous.

Boken

Banned
Snowball items are frowned upon already... a champion based upon it seems an odd choice. Does his stealth act like old stealth or the new stealth?

He only loses 1 stack per death though. It's less of a punishing snowball item and more of a "Bro, you gotta go get them kills"

anyway,
dat ultimate.

Gonna play kat though.

Wooo katarina

How does he outdate Renektons and warwicks kit? he's functionally pretty different

if you mean his kit does more than warwicks, i agree with you.
lol warwick active attack speed on a skill and thats it poor guy at least it gives his team attack speed

Ferga

Confirmed, looking at him in PBE right now.

He is ridiculous right now. So much damage, completely outdates Renekton's kit, maybe even Warwick. This guy is ridiculous.

Main reason why I want him right now. Reminds me of renekton's playstyle but more assassin like.

It's a god damn assassin tanky dps with a 7 second stealth with a root. I want him now. I haven't been so excited for a champ since nocturne.

Blizzard

Banned
New Kat is boring. Not sure what it is, she's just boring.

You never liked Kat,

take your kat hatin degree somewhere else

I'm so sad no one commented on my 16/0/7 Kat game. Give me a nice congratulatory comment or something. ;_;

Also Kat might be one of the more fun champions I've played, so I would be sad if she became boring. Mostly I'm afraid of Riot nerfing after the remake, but perhaps I should fear her just not being good enough.

Blizzard

Banned
Ack, how did I double post within a minute. :( Maybe I should just fear Kat becoming too popular, since someone else I know just started playing her and told me that he likes her and she can pick up kills and stuff.

Rengar sounds...interesting, though I agree the snowball mechanic is odd, especially since higher-level players presumably have few overall kills in their games. How easy is it to build up ferocity without burning too much mana? *edit* No mana? Hahaha.

Blizzard

Banned
E:Bola
huehue

Am I reading empowered Q right?

Base damage + 1.0 base AD + 1.7 base AD? That's a strong ass burst.

I don't know if it was Q, but I just saw a streamer take red lizard down to like 30% health nearly instantly at level 7 after doing empowered something, without using smite. The damage does indeed look funny.

XeroSauce

It's hard to keep stacks up on Rengar because people like to focus him and you have to manage his Ferocity well. BUT HIS Q IS RIDONKS

zkylon

zkylewd
Ah yeah, looks like they are official

http://imgur.com/a/yS31M

Twitch still has old stealth. Only eve has that crappy new stealth.
New guy sounds OP as fuck lol.

Good night, carried like a boss as Lux, two great Malph runs and disaster as Kayle, but all my team sucked at that match and fed Diana/Akali like crazy. Overall happy with the result. Highlight of the day's gotta be snaring an invisible Eve :D

XeroSauce

I'm off to bed. Rengar OP. Remember folks. Base + 1.0 AD, at 5 stacks, means:
Base + 1.0 AD + Base + 1.7 AD in two attacks with almost no delay (delay is the Q cast time, that's it).

Run it

Blizzard

Banned
I'm off to bed. Rengar OP. Remember folks. Base + 1.0 AD, at 5 stacks, means:
Base + 1.0 AD + Base + 1.7 AD in two attacks with almost no delay (delay is the Q cast time, that's it).

Run it
And apparently the Q works on towers, lol.

*edit* Side note, Katarina's gold passive is gone. I wonder if that will make a noticeable difference.

bjaelke

What is he classified as? Jungler, bruiser?

Garen getting tweaked on PBE too.

http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/21233-pbe-patch-rengar-katarina-rework-garen-changes

Garen

Courage now passively increases Armor and Magic Resist by 20% instead of increasing it by 0.5 every time he kills an enemy unit.
Courage defensive shield now lasts 2/3/4/5/6 seconds instead of 3 seconds. Now reduces incoming damage by 30% at all ranks instead of 20/24/28/32/36%. Now also grants 30% Crowd Control Reduction. Cooldown changed to 24 seconds instead of 30/27/24/21/18 Seconds.
Decisive Strike now also breaks all slows affecting Garen. 35% Speed bonus now lasts 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5 seconds instead of 3 seconds. Damage increased to 30/55/80/105/130 (up from 30/45/60/75/90) and Silence effect duration changed to 1.5/1.8/2/2.3/2.5 seconds instead of a flat 2.5 seconds at all ranks.
Demacian Justice now has a 160/120/80 seconds cooldown, changed from 140/120/100 seconds.
Judgment no longer breaks slow effects or reduces the duration of slow effects. Now deals 20/45/70/95/120 plus 70/80/90/100/110 % of his attack (+0.9) physical damage instead of 50/90/130/170/210 physical damage. Judgment can critically strike dealing bonus damage. Judgment deals 25% less damage to minions and monsters.
Perseverance now regenerates after 10 seconds, up from 7 seconds - If Garen has not taken damage from monsters,towers or champions in the last 10 seconds, Garen regenerates 0.5% of his maximum Health each second.

E's wording confuses me a bit. At max level, is it base damage + 110% AD + 0.9 of base/total AD? Assuming it's 0.9 bonus AD with no items, it'll do 232 instead of 210.

Boken

Banned
Garen getting tweaked on PBE too.

http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/21233-pbe-patch-rengar-katarina-rework-garen-changes

E's wording confuses me a bit. At max level, is it base damage + 110% AD + 0.9 of base/total AD? Assuming it's 0.9 bonus AD with no items, it'll do 232 instead of 210.

They messed up the wording I believe. His new spin to win skill is:

Judgment no longer breaks slow effects or reduces the duration of slow effects. Now deals 20/45/70/95/120 plus 70/80/90/100/110 % of his total attack damage instead of 50/90/130/170/210 physical damage. Judgment can critically strike dealing bonus damage. Judgment deals 25% less damage to minions and monsters.

it scales by total AD now.

new courage sounds so strong.

screw garen wtf is he

Boken

Banned
He's no tank

he's some kind of spinning bruiser

anti mage bruiser

they should add a spell reflect component to judgement

"garen spins so fast that spells are reflected away in random directions"

oh shit a new type of champion

I know, he should be able to combine skills with other champs like in Chrono Trigger!

Judgment + Soraka heal = Aura Whirl, heals nearby allies too.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ziggs ult + Nocturne ult

Suicide bomber nocturne.

Ferga

Sooo this guy rages at me in game, I stay silent and the only thing I typed up was me asking him for lessons after the game. I add him and now I am having one of the best conversations of my life:

Hope Achilles (6:12): dude a PRO PLAYER on my FL what did i do to deserve this
   THE GODS HAVE BLESSED ME WITH AN ANGEL
   A GUARDIAN ANGEL
YLA Rex (6:13): you're a pro man
Hope Achilles (6:13): SEE WHAT I DID THERE
YLA Rex (6:13): i need lessons
Hope Achilles (6:13): no you need mental help
   then some lessons
   and then to learn to read
   cause you never learned to read
   NEVER
   NEVER
   NEVEr
YLA Rex (6:13): i want to learn
   how to play
   teach me?
Hope Achilles (6:13): okay here go into your moms bagina
   AKA The V Hole
   AND WORK ON SOME OF THE PRETZELS SHE LOST UP THERE
   WITH YOUR MOUTH
YLA Rex (6:14): but can you teach me how to play?
   i already learnt that stuff
Hope Achilles (6:14): AND THEN GANG BANG A PROSTITUTE WITH YOU YLA BUDS
   JAJAJAJAJAJA
   JAJAJAJAJAJA
   JAJAJAJAJA
   JAJAJAJAJA
   JAJAJAJAJA
   the winner is unanimous from the judges its Hope Achilles over lil bitch boy
   gg

Community at its finest, eh?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Sooo this guy rages at me in game, I stay silent and the only thing I typed up was me asking him for lessons after the game. I add him and now I am having one of the best conversations of my life:

Community at its finest, eh?

Summer is almost over, the demonspawn will soon be trapped in their prisons.

Boken

Banned
While they're fixing up shitty old champions, I think they should have a look at Pantheon.

Maybe give warwick more fun skills.

While they're fixing up shitty old champions, I think they should have a look at Pantheon.

Maybe give warwick more fun skills.

I suggested some WW buff ideas at Riot's forums, but I got shot down. V_V Either one of the following:
- Bring back Q heal to 100% to compensate for the HP% nerf (which effectively lowered sustain). This brings its sustain back closer to its original
- E is now a non-toggle passive; Active: Short range pounce to a blood scented enemy that causes 0.25 second fear and can be used through walls
- E is same; instant max passive stack against blood scented enemy

I know I'll get shot here too :p

Flare

He does so much fucking damage. So much. It hurts.

As for Kat, I don't like her new W, at all. It does minimal damage alone, the movement speed is a good bonus but that's all. Her ult does less damage because it channels less, and the healing debuff on her ult - I'm not sure how I feel about that. Her shunpo damage feels nerfed. Also, I'm not sure if they increased some of the cooldowns, it felt that way though.

I think they're relying too much on consuming the marks from her Q to more damage and it's not really worth it because the only time she's gonna be in your face is if she's practically given free reign to do so.

EDIT: Just compared her PBE cooldowns/damage to her current ones. The damage was nerfed on all the abilities. And riot's reasoning is that she has more utility now... =(
EDIT 2: Her ult has a 60 cooldown at all levels? And Voracity got nerfed (basic abilities reset) to 10 seconds. That means no Ult Reset even after a pentakill. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

......Her model does look amazing though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom