• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
He does so much fucking damage. So much. It hurts.

As for Kat, I don't like her new W, at all. It does minimal damage alone, the movement speed is a good bonus but that's all. Her ult does less damage because it channels less, and the healing debuff on her ult - I'm not sure how I feel about that. Her shunpo damage feels nerfed. Also, I'm not sure if they increased some of the cooldowns, it felt that way though.

I think they're relying too much on consuming the marks from her Q to more damage and it's not really worth it because the only time she's gonna be in your face is if she's practically given free reign to do so.

EDIT: Just compared her PBE cooldowns/damage to her current ones. The damage was nerfed on all the abilities. And riot's reasoning is that she has more utility now... =(
EDIT 2: Her ult has a 60 cooldown at all levels? And Voracity got nerfed (basic abilities reset) to 10 seconds. That means no Ult Reset even after a pentakill. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

......Her model does look amazing though...

Omg riot pls

teers roit

:'(

za2uY.jpg

Ouch.
Q bounces less, does less damage, doesn't scale off AD for +0.15 AP scaling
shunpo lost +0.35 AP, longer cd less damage
ult lost +2 per bonus AD and +0.75 AP damage

gains:
+0.3 bonus AD +0.3 AP on W... some shitty short range aoe
and +0.2 AP on Q proc

omg tears

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That UI belongs in another game.

Possibly Demigod.

Just had the most awesome combo... was unintentional.

Nunu did his ult. Orianna sucked everyone into the middle of it. They started to run out... I vacuumed them back in with Diana's E. Fastest ace I've seen in some time.

lolreplay or it didnt happen!

joking aside thats pretty awesome.

garath

omg. I leave this thread for 16 hours and the floodgates open with changes.

New katarina? At first I was "Yay!" then I saw the numbers and I am saddened. I liked Kat the way she was even if I sucked at her. I really don't see the increased "utility" (1 second movement speed boost? come on) making up for the loss of damage. She's an assassin. She should be high damage.

Rengar looks sick. He's going to be like WW on steroids.. with a stealth.. and a built in snowball item.. Scary.

New UI? ehh.. not sure about it. Guess it looks ok.

EXGN

Tried Urgot jungle for the lawlz last night, he was surprisingly decent. Started Doran's blade, went Blue>Wolves>Wraiths>Red. His shield + the small life steal help him sustain quite nicely. He ganks hard too, homing missiles + the 20 percent slow from his shield + Red Buff = high damage output + impossible to escape. Once he hits level 6, his ganks are almost guaranteed kills.

Obviously super dependent on first 2 blues to clear quickly.

XeroSauce

To be fair, he still has to buy it.

Yea but it's real easy to keep at least 2 stacks on it (25 movement speed) and the promise of getting to 6 stacks for the armor pen is too much of a gimme to not buy it

Given that he gets it on assists, I'm pretty sure he can just bola something or ult while someone is about to kill, and get the assist. His cooldowns are crazy low.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
To be fair, he still has to buy it.
Beats the Viktor situation, where he's locked into buying it. I really dislike the direction Riot has been designing and redesigning champions in.

scy

Yea but it's real easy to keep at least 2 stacks on it (25 movement speed) and the promise of getting to 6 stacks for the armor pen is too much of a gimme to not buy it

Given that he gets it on assists, I'm pretty sure he can just bola something or ult while someone is about to kill, and get the assist. His cooldowns are crazy low.

Well, it's honestly not that great of an item by itself (AD = 2*Level) as far as cost is concerned for early-to-mid game. Boots -> Necklace for a Jungle start I guess and then hope you can stay around 6 stacks all game so it at least reaches a good value. The 2 stack bonus is nice though, especially with his kit.

Feels like you have to get it just because of the promise it has but it's also not an amazing item itself. Then again, considering the damage output he seems to have...

Beats the Viktor situation, where he's locked into buying it. I really dislike the direction Riot has been designing and redesigning champions in.

Based off reports, I'm not sure I get the Kat redesign yet. I haven't heard much on the new champ outside of "holy shit broken" tier, which is unsettling :/

I dunno, I don't like him much. I think I might pass on buying him Day 1 unless I have 6.3k IP that I just need to spend desperately.

zkylon

zkylewd
Bad Leona art.
Hideous chinese Leona art. Really I wonder how much it'd cost just to redo all the american version drawings. Just fix some faces (start by Lux, Riot ughhhhhh!!!!1) and some bodies and you don't even have to do the whole drawing again.

I think I'm gonna buy Kat. Sounds like an easier Akali, and I never really got the hang of Akali, so Kat might be a good bridge.

Blizzard

Banned
EDIT: Just compared her PBE cooldowns/damage to her current ones. The damage was nerfed on all the abilities. And riot's reasoning is that she has more utility now... =(
EDIT 2: Her ult has a 60 cooldown at all levels? And Voracity got nerfed (basic abilities reset) to 10 seconds. That means no Ult Reset even after a pentakill. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

......Her model does look amazing though...
That's pretty terrible...having a low cooldown ult or the ability to use it twice in a fight was one of the redeeming things about her. :/ Maybe my case 1 prediction will come true then.

Boken

Banned
How is rengar like ww?

they just look the same

ww is a lifestealer instant cc intiator tanky boss

rengar is some kind of assassin bruiser

dear riot when i said i wanted a non human i didnt mean a humanoid animal.

Kat is one of those high-risk high-reward champs. Depending on the enemy team, you can either stomp or get totally neutralized (Blitz I'm looking at you).

I guess her rework makes her a little more versatile in all situations, but the damage nerfs really suck.

Plus, when does she ever auto-attack someone? Shunpo, ult, Q, chase until Shunpo is up again, if you get a kill Shunpo to next target and Q.

Ferrio

Banned
Ya I'm not liking these reworks to fit characters in these precise molds. It's going to further cause champions to be too similiar in the sake of balance. I'd rather have a good number of niche characters that may not be competively viable.. but can be used in certain situations amazingly well.

The twitch rework is such a big example of how this is wrong.

Flare

I'll give Riot Kat's improved laning phase, but her teamfighting will still suck, possibly even more than before. I am sad.

Opiate

I'll be looking to play some summoner's rift this weekend after a long Dominion binge. Having laid off the map for quite some time, I'll probably revert to my preferred role for most of the weekend; support. I play Sona, Janna, Taric, Leona, and Soraka (and should learn Alistair, but I'll worry about simply getting back up to speed with my current champions this weekend). Is there anyone here who focuses on AD Carry that would be interested in playing? I'm at ~1600 elo as a support player the last time I played.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'll be looking to play some summoner's rift this weekend after a long Dominion binge. Having laid off the map for quite some time, I'll probably revert to my preferred role for most of the weekend; support. I play Sona, Janna, Taric, Leona, and Soraka (and should learn Alistair, but I'll worry about simply getting back up to speed with my current champions this weekend). Is there anyone here who focuses on AD Carry that would be interested in playing? I'm at ~1600 elo as a support player the last time I played.

I am. I'm definitely not at your elo though. My max elo has been 1300 so you can critique me on what I could be doing/doing wrong.

My main ADC are Trist, Kog, Ez, and Ashe.

EDIT: Minions don't turn off garen's passive? wtf?

LCGeek

formerly sane

Elo don't matter to me especially in norms. I do a variety of AD Carries and don't mind support just ask dandan or achtius.

Inskipp

That UI belongs in another game.

Possibly Demigod.
That's not a bad thing in my books.

But yeah that hud in the screenshot doesn't look final. I'll wait for the final version, but preliminary sightings look promising so far.

Edit: A quote from a riot dev, regarding the HUD:

RiotChris said:
Yes – this is a work in progress that is too early to be shown; we’ll start an AMA thread later with an artist to explain where this is, what’s going on, and use this as a chance to gather your constructive feedback.

Blizzard

Banned
Kat is one of those high-risk high-reward champs. Depending on the enemy team, you can either stomp or get totally neutralized (Blitz I'm looking at you).

I guess her rework makes her a little more versatile in all situations, but the damage nerfs really suck.

Plus, when does she ever auto-attack someone? Shunpo, ult, Q, chase until Shunpo is up again, if you get a kill Shunpo to next target and Q.
Yup, bingo. The big thing you don't want to do (unless your laning opponent is absolutely terrible and has no damage and you have river warded on both sides) is use shunpo to damage the opponent and walk back...or, get in melee range of the some AP ranged burst champion, unless you are trying to ult combo them.

So, that seems like Q would hardly ever get the damage proc off aside from ult combos -- when the old ult would presumably have done more damage anyway. Or not? Some people seem to still be doing damage with the ult, so it's really hard to say.

Ferrio

Banned
Has anyone tried to build Diana like Akali btw? How does that work?

In what what? Lifesteal/vamp? I've found that lifesteal/vamp kinda are worthless on her. Lifesteal is completely wrong... so gunblade is out. Wota is do-able... but it doesn't feel right. I've just been going heavy AP, picking up the AP items with the proper defense needed for the time (abys, rylais, hourglass, lich).

Recently switched my runes around for her (in jungle). Threw out the movement quints for AP, and the CD glyphs for AP. Seemed to work better. Miss the movement speed, but her base is 320, so she does good.

Boken

Banned
Yup, bingo. The big thing you don't want to do (unless your laning opponent is absolutely terrible and has no damage and you have river warded on both sides) is use shunpo to damage the opponent and walk back...or, get in melee range of the some AP ranged burst champion, unless you are trying to ult combo them.

So, that seems like Q would hardly ever get the damage proc off aside from ult combos -- when the old ult would presumably have done more damage anyway. Or not? Some people seem to still be doing damage with the ult, so it's really hard to say.

That is the difference between you and I, little one.

ILL SHUNPO WHENEVER THE HELL I WANT

XeroSauce

Garen passive ignoring minion damagr + 20% passive damage reduction with lv1 w is pretty nuts. Seems immovable without constant harass.

Maybe he's the new counter to Rengar

Better sustain, better free-damage-reduction, better under CC, and a finisher ult versus a initiation/escape ult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom