• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Today I killed two people with a single laser for the first time. I can't believe it took so long and that it feels so good :D

Ken

The Ursine will one day be feared.

G51ek.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
Leona is so much fun. Too bad she's 6300 IP...

I feel I dunno what to do with her for the first 15 minutes though. It's basically looking at the enemy support just freely harass us until someone decides to gank and I go all in. I also find it kinda weird to build her regular support. I might roll the same item build I do for Malph with her.

----

By the way, how good GW2 actually is? I liked what I saw of its character creator and it seems alright but I haven't played an MMO since Lineage II and I dunno how I feel about it...

Margalis

Banned
Pick Leona along with an AD who has a lot of burst like Corki, Ez or Graves. Activate shield, E to them, wait a second, Q them, shield explodes. At that point you either get out without taking much damage since your shield is still up or you and your AD carry get a kill.

Basically you have to kill them, chunk them down low enough so that they have to go back or get zoned out, or just put the fear of God into them from the start.

If they don't fear your Leona / AD combo you're in trouble since Leona is melee and has no real support abilities.

Q8D3vil

if your in trouble with leona/ad then ask for a gank and when ur jungle is close to the bush/ward initiate, they wont see it coming because most they are in a fight. i secured so many kills with leona using this tactic.

FoxSpirit

*in football chorus voice*
League of Legends!! *clap clap claclapclapclap*
Phew, finally finished moving, finally some time for LoL again :-D

garath

I hope Leona goes on sale this week. It's been awhile for her and I want her. Course then it's back to normals to learn her.

Did the patch hit yesterday? I didn't get a chance to play.

Swig_

I feel I dunno what to do with her for the first 15 minutes though. It's basically looking at the enemy support just freely harass us until someone decides to gank and I go all in. I also find it kinda weird to build her regular support. I might roll the same item build I do for Malph with her.

----

By the way, how good GW2 actually is? I liked what I saw of its character creator and it seems alright but I haven't played an MMO since Lineage II and I dunno how I feel about it...

I need to try her during the free week. She seems good and fun, but I've never played her before.

I tried GW2. I signed in, created a character, logged in and ran out of the starting town and found a quest asking me to collect X eggs and kill Y bird nests, logged out and played LoL. Had enough mindless MMO grinding with WoW, don't need that ever again.

scy

I might try GW2 eventually. Just ... so burned out on MMOs.

I've recently been practicing my ADC and Leona's low levels to me are basically:

1: lolfreekill
2: Alright, be a little hesitant.
3+: fml, we gonna die

She has some of the better positional harass, though perhaps some of that is just me being overly cautious. And I say this with usually a Taric support that starts off with that kind of engage potential. Leona hits her stride early and the kill lane potential she offers is just so good.

I guess she doesn't damage harass as well as some other support options but she can just engage and force fights so well.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
He doesn't want his wife to see him RP as an armored bear.

Why don't I ever see you in guild chat?

I level too slowly :(

I like the scenery too much

I spent over 3-4hours in the grove just walking around and taking screenshots

I spend my time getting 100% exploration in lower level areas and cities. So when I get to an area that's actually my level, I start getting xp like crazy.

EXGN

A month or so ago, someone posted this awesome guide that listed all the different support combos and matchups and the pros and cons of each. Anyone have the link to that still or remember anything about it? I can't remember where it was from or what it was called.

Ferrio

Banned
I might try GW2 eventually. Just ... so burned out on MMOs.

Really fun. Just wander around and you get exp, craft you get exp, go do jumping puzzles... get exp. Get tired of all that go WvWvW.... get exp (and drops!).

Very fun game, seems even if you get bored with one aspect of it there's something else to occupy your time.

Wish my thief was more exciting :(

scy

Really fun. Just wander around and you get exp, craft you get exp, go do jumping puzzles... get exp. Get tired of all that go WvWvW.... get exp (and drops!).

Very fun game, seems even if you get bored with one aspect of it there's something else to occupy your time.

Typically speaking, I tend to go all-in with these games. I don't necessarily care about how easy it is to grind or the amount of "fun" to be had. I'll just go all-in on it and I'd rather not, that's all :x

Besides, I'm too busy going all-in with LoL and I don't need the two competing for attention!

zkylon

zkylewd
Typically speaking, I tend to go all-in with these games. I don't necessarily care about how easy it is to grind or the amount of "fun" to be had. I'll just go all-in on it and I'd rather not, that's all :x

Besides, I'm too busy going all-in with LoL and I don't need the two competing for attention!
I get what you mean. Dark Souls has sucked many a time from my LoL daily schedule :p

I still need pro advice on how to defeat Xin Zhao mid lane. =( He builds magic resist, heals with lifesteal, and doesn't afraid of anything.

Just don't stick to the meta so closely
Choose a better counter pick/use a champ that can build AD. But if you want to play an AP caster I would say the safest pick against him would be Ahri

garath

I want to continue my ranked placement matches tonight however I also really want to try the new Katarina.. decisions decisions...

Blizzard

Banned
Just don't stick to the meta so closely
Choose a better counter pick/use a champ that can build AD. But if you want to play an AP caster I would say the safest pick against him would be Ahri
How do you know he's going mid though? He could be picked as a counterpick to your mid champion, or he could be picked along with Morgana (which happened in my game) but then Morgana went bottom lane with the support (and got fed 5+ kills early game). I could try changing lanes, but in my experience changing lanes just means you lose out on experience by switching, and the other team switches every time you switch.

garath

I still need pro advice on how to defeat Xin Zhao mid lane. =( He builds magic resist, heals with lifesteal, and doesn't afraid of anything.

I haven't faced that yet but I'd do a combo of farming passively, get early magic pen and armor. Probably a chain vest to build into Zhonya's or a cloth just to sell later. He's pretty strong though. It'll be a tough lane. Just punish him early with range and try not to let him snowball.

Blizzard

Banned
I haven't faced that yet but I'd do a combo of farming passively, get early magic pen and armor. Probably a chain vest to build into Zhonya's or a cloth just to sell later. He's pretty strong though. It'll be a tough lane. Just punish him early with range and try not to let him snowball.
Yeah, someone on a previous team was practically demanding to use him mid and I figured it was just a troll, since they seemed to be acting like a jerk (and someone else had mentioned on practically the same day that they had never met a Xin Zhao player who wasn't a jerk :p). I will have to add him to the list along with Talon and maaaaybe Pantheon as unusual mid-lane AD picks.

scy

How do you know he's going mid though? He could be picked as a counterpick to your mid champion, or he could be picked along with Morgana (which happened in my game) but then Morgana went bottom lane with the support (and got fed 5+ kills early game). I could try changing lanes, but in my experience changing lanes just means you lose out on experience by switching, and the other team switches every time you switch.

For solo queue, you really can't expect to know during picks. I mean, things are sort of done that you don't really know if people are playing something strange like an AD mid or just "TOP OR FEED I PICK THIS ANYWAY" kind of things.

That said, Xin is a top lane bruiser so counter him like you'd counter any top laner: Get him ganked. Xin has a fairly meh escape since he needs his E to gap close and his R knockaway only does so much for letting him get out of a gank. Frozen Heart does well for trying to stop his damage. Besides that, play the lane relatively passively and farm as best you can under turret.

Only time I played against a Xin Zhao mid was on a new account and I just harassed him out with TF :/

Yeah, someone on a previous team was practically demanding to use him mid and I figured it was just a troll, since they seemed to be acting like a jerk (and someone else had mentioned on practically the same day that they had never met a Xin Zhao player who wasn't a jerk :p). I will have to add him to the list along with Talon and maaaaybe Pantheon as unusual mid-lane AD picks.

Talon and Pantheon are pretty much your typical AD mids (and, honestly, the only time you ever see a Talon anyway). Riven and Xin are pretty solid mids too just due to how well they do vs most APs.

Q8D3vil

jerk character list:
1-tryndamere/yi
2-darius
3-jax
4-mordekaiser
5-fizz

Ken

Talon is the usual AD mid.

Just pick someone who can push a wave like Mordekaiser because Xin Zhao can't push.

Having a champion with an escape and a jungler camping mid is handy too because after burning Flash and his E, Xin Zhao has no escapes.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I probably have not seen an Annie player for months, and even then it was probably me.

scy

Someone post how the Rengar works out after the game, please.

He's vs Vlad and that's not the best of match ups (that and the Vlad is up 5/3/0 vs 1/3/1 Rengar). That said, they're not showing top that often so I can't comment on how well the Rengar is playing. :/ Pretty typical Brutalizer start which says to me that he's E harassing.

Only notable thing shown was an obviously bad dive followed by yet another bad dive. It's an awkward lane.

Edit: ~13 minutes in so far, that is.

Blizzard

Banned
Buffing everything on Eve, perhaps partly because they refuse to just give her the same stealth everyone else has. ;(

I wonder if we will start seeing more bruisers and mages in the bottom lane instead of AD carries if they continue nerfing supports and ranged AD champions.

And Katarina got...nerfed? I guess it's because everyone else was winning near 50% with her while I was losing most of my games...like 60-70% losses since the remake. :( Passive is better, and shunpo is slightly better, but W was really needed for farming (now worse) and Q was your main damage and harass (now worse). Why would they do that?

*edit*

•The following items will now display a targeting indicator to show whether you are placing a ward inside of a bush: Wriggle's Lantern, Vision Ward, and Sight Ward

This is one of the changes from the patch I'm happy about.

And I wonder why they still haven't added a Diana icon for when her slash is going to activate? I think it kind of makes her model glow white but it doesn't seem obvious enough to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom