• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's anatomically incorrect in like every way possible. Here, this is good splash art.
AbiTf.jpg

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Yes.

Extra yes.

I've always found it odd that Riot's art is up there with fan art in how it handles the characters. It's okay to not take the game seriously, but it's still odd that you have a bunch of champions that are out to viciously murder each other and then you have them hanging out in a pool together.

Basically I'm complaining about something sorta dumb and thinking about it way too much. tl;dr: Riot's art is very pandery. Not a bad thing really, I guess.

why. She looks like a clown now.

No clue who she is, but I don't see why they would change the art to begin with. The old art looks fine.

dimb

I've always found it odd that Riot's art is up there with fan art in how it handles the characters. It's okay to not take the game seriously, but it's still odd that you have a bunch of champions that are out to viciously murder each other and then you have them hanging out in a pool together.

Basically I'm complaining about something sorta dumb and thinking about it way too much. tl;dr: Riot's art is very pandery. Not a bad thing really, I guess.

No clue who she is, but I don't see why they would change the art to begin with. The old art looks fine.
Riot's businesses model is to pander. Of course the art would be.

garath

Played my first ranked games last night :)

2-0 so far. Amazing that there's still so many people doing placement matches. Half my team was like "this is my first ranked match!".

It really wasn't any more challenging than the normal drafts I've been playing. In fact it was a lot easier. I was last pick both matches thinking I'd be support but there was good discussions and I mentioned how mid is my best role and they let me counter pick both times. So I got to stomp Karthus then Katarina with Kassadin. Felt good.

The biggest difference was the junglers were pretty good, both teams, both matches.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/28541575#history

Only 8 more to go? 10 placement matches right?

Swig_

Yeah and after that is a downhill spiral into despair, anger, and madness as you find yourself wondering, "why did I not stop after my placement matches?"

This. I was up several wins to losses in my placement matches (about a 4/1 ratio.. which i realize wouldn't be sustainable in the long run.. but hey, it's placement) and then suddenly I got stuck with absolutely terrible teammates several games in a row. I got stuck with several obviously much worse players that obviously didn't have a clue when it came to gameplay basics (wards, builds, teamwork, etc). Dragged my ELO down to 1200 or so. I'm slowly working it back up, but everytime I think about hitting the button to queue, I wonder in the back of my mind if it will be a huge mistake.

scy

Riven should of been where Kat is :(

I like the way you think.

It really wasn't any more challenging than the normal drafts I've been playing.

I need to work on my ability to carry games to victory before tackling ranked; I have no trouble winning my lane usually so I might as well get used to it. I went like 19/3 with Rengar going into the end game before we lost every single team fight possible for the next 20 something minutes. It was demoralizing.

Thankfully, the last few games of the night with Opiate were all 20m stomps. dat Rengar op
if I'm against anything but the good top lane champs and I get to snowball

FoxSpirit

I wish players were more like this art: one second, we fight each other on the fields of justice, later we all go, grab a beer and take a splash in the pool. And tomorrow, we will fight again.

Ken

I wish players were more like this art: one second, we fight each other on the fields of justice, later we all go, grab a beer and take a splash in the pool. And tomorrow, we will fight again.

Sometimes I feel like "grabbing a beer(s)" is the first step my solo queue teammates take before pressing Play.

garath

Yeah and after that is a downhill spiral into despair, anger, and madness as you find yourself wondering, "why did I not stop after my placement matches?"

This. I was up several wins to losses in my placement matches (about a 4/1 ratio.. which i realize wouldn't be sustainable in the long run.. but hey, it's placement) and then suddenly I got stuck with absolutely terrible teammates several games in a row. I got stuck with several obviously much worse players that obviously didn't have a clue when it came to gameplay basics (wards, builds, teamwork, etc). Dragged my ELO down to 1200 or so. I'm slowly working it back up, but everytime I think about hitting the button to queue, I wonder in the back of my mind if it will be a huge mistake.

Yeah, I'm fully expecting the troll team next. I was ready to quit after the first game simply because our opponents had 2 guys with smite that tried to invade our jungle and gave up first blood to me and another kill to our top lane. Then we got to watch our opponents give up after like 10m and start feeding. It was a train wreck. But for the queue position that could have been my team.

I need to work on my ability to carry games to victory before tackling ranked; I have no trouble winning my lane usually so I might as well get used to it. I went like 19/3 with Rengar going into the end game before we lost every single team fight possible for the next 20 something minutes. It was demoralizing.

I'll be honest, I was pretty concerned when I was last pick both matches. I like having my destiny in my own hands. It's one of the reasons I really like mid. You may not always directly carry but you have a great deal of influence over the whole game. Support is really reliant on a good adc partner.

I know it's said like 100 times over and over, but it's so true. Wards win games. In mid I try to buy 2 wards every time I go back. That vision is so important.

edit: Also, where's my Leona sale???

XeroSauce

I'm guessing they removed the headdress (or whatever you want to call it) so she looks less like the new champ coming out

EDIT:dammit Ken

I was going to say, Syndra and Diana's skin look awfully alike.

lZORjh.jpg

Holy tits, am I spending RP this patch or what.

Ken

Will buy PAX Sona, Astronautilus, and Syndra bundle. I don't know how I feel about Ziggs; he seems really cool but every time I play him I just don't do well at all. I guess he just doesn't click with me.

EXGN

Will buy PAX Sona, Astronautilus, and Syndra bundle. I don't know how I feel about Ziggs; he seems really cool but every time I play him I just don't do well at all. I guess he just doesn't click with me.

I love Ziggs, but can't help to feel the same way. He reminds me of a less consistent Karthus, with a lot of harass and zoning tools and a near global ult. Unfortunately, it all comes in the form of skill shots that are difficult to land, but when you do... DAT FEEL!

Blizzard

Banned
Sometimes I feel like "grabbing a beer(s)" is the first step my solo queue teammates take before pressing Play.
That, or smoking unknown substances. I may have literally had two different games where people said they were high two days ago (one person said something like they were smoking "dank ass shit" and didn't know what it was, someone else said their reflexes were slow because they were high or whatever and that was why they got ganked?).

Then yesterday 1 ranked game had 2 people feeding, then raging afk in spawn for a while. A second ranked game had 1 afk in spawn for the first 25 minutes or so, apparently a router problem.

All that said, even without the sudden bout of afk's and people smoking strange things, I would probably be losing because I'm terrible. I think I've lost something on the order of 60-70% of my Katarina games since her remake, and since the overall Katarina win rate is now closer to 50% presumably I just have to figure out how she's supposed to be played now (pure tank or very tanky until late game?).

What strategy should be used against mid-lane Xin? He got first blood off my jungler, and then 1-3 more early kills (including two from my jungler basically suiciding into the lane as I was spamming the ping warning for them to retreat due to traps/bad situations), and though I overall went 4/2, I couldn't do anything but be hugely outfarmed. In range = full dash knockup combo from Xin, and Xin's lifesteal means that he can recover any damage you do. Heavy magic resist runes + hexdrinker/Maw + mercury treads + wits end means that he didn't take much magic damage, especially not from Kat's nerfed Q when it's not triggered...and you can't trigger it without taking the full knockup combo of course.

Is Xin simply a counter to non-DPS AP mids, kind of like Talon?

scy

I'll be honest, I was pretty concerned when I was last pick both matches. I like having my destiny in my own hands. It's one of the reasons I really like mid. You may not always directly carry but you have a great deal of influence over the whole game. Support is really reliant on a good adc partner.

Similarly, that is why I like top. If I do well, I straight up remove someone from being relevant due to how the lane dynamic works. My role is to blow up their carries so I can help make up for some problems in mid/bot lane when we hit mid game team fights. This is why Rengar has been fun. If I win lane and reach the team fight skirmishes, he is amazing at melting carries, especially if I can engage with 4/5 Ferocity, get my Emp Q off, and then ult a second carry.

I know it's said like 100 times over and over, but it's so true. Wards win games. In mid I try to buy 2 wards every time I go back. That vision is so important.

I feel bad every time I back to buy and don't have at least one ward when back in lane :(

Tomat

Riot's businesses model is to pander. Of course the art would be.

I guess this is why I don't really care for Riot any more. Back when League first came out it didn't feel like this. Now one of their major priorities is pumping out physically perfect female female characters with large breasts and as many skins as possible.

Just doesn't feel right to me man.

Feature

Banned
I guess this is why I don't really care for Riot any more. Back when League first came out it didn't feel like this. Now one of their major priorities is pumping out physically perfect female female characters with large breasts and as many skins as possible.

Yes, also the fact that every new champ is now 6300IP while in the 'early' days you had different prices for champs.

Koomaster

Was spectating a friend's match last night when he pointed out that a couple of the female champs will lean back and bare their breasts to the sky when they are recalling. I was like o___O why?

Blizzard

Banned
Was spectating a friend's match last night when he pointed out that a couple of the female champs will lean back and bare their breasts to the sky when they are recalling. I was like o___O why?
Well not "bare", but yeah. Kat may have been patched to do that (can't remember), and I think Zyra does it. I started noticing special recall animations in the last month or so.

dimb

I don't really see how this is different from characters in any other video game. When I stack up Dota 2 heroes to League champions I don't see very different figures by and large. The design philosophy largely remains the same across men as well, who most commonly have perfect physiques unless they happen to be monsters.
Yes, also the fact that every new champ is now 6300IP while in the 'early' days you had different prices for champs.
This is just the pricing model playing out to more accurately adjust and reflect the cost of development.

Tomat

I don't really see how this is different from characters in any other video game. When I stack up Dota 2 heroes to League champions I don't see very different figures by and large. The design philosophy largely remains the same across men as well, who most commonly have perfect physiques unless they happen to be monsters.

This is just the pricing model playing out to more accurately adjust and reflect the cost of development.

How certain of that are you?

Tomat

Maybe I'm wrong here but I don't think the pricing boys over at Riot are in the daily meeting room going,

"6300 IP again? Good, good"

images

It's harder for me to agree with that sentiment considering League's biggest competitors offer their entire roster for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom