• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
Good to see you're back! I seem to remember playing with you back in the day.

I just bought 3 magpen quints and 3 ms quints. I figure I'll find a use for them.

I'm going to use Boken's rune ideas, but going with tier 1 first. Runes are waaaaaaaaay too expensive, goddamn.

Those flat mana runes are flat mana or mana regen?

God, runes are so EXPENSIVE

Flat mana regen sorry. I think people can only really focus on 2 roles. At best, you could do 3 roles... 3 General rune pages for the 3 roles could do well enough.

Good to see you're back! I seem to remember playing with you back in the day.

I just bought 3 magpen quints and 3 ms quints. I figure I'll find a use for them.

I'm going to use Boken's rune ideas, but going with tier 1 first. Runes are waaaaaaaaay too expensive, goddamn.

Those flat mana runes are flat mana or mana regen?

God, runes are so EXPENSIVE

Dude dont do it. Just slowly buy the t3 runes. T1 is a waste of money and the combiner is a joke.

Boken

Banned
New skins for the next patch:
http://imgur.com/a/R1Tb6
Featuring, Sexy Kinetic Boobs Katarina and Weird looking emo jedi Kennen....

EDIT: bjaelke i like my names for them thank you very much. I wonder if this Katarina will have an updated model (curse that 3 piece hair). Sadly, I doubt it.

Blizzard

Banned
Holy shit is that Gentleman Veigar?
Or steampunk Veigar. Whatever it is, if it replaces his voice, best skin ever.

(since I posted this someone else is now bound to post and say how Veigar's voice is the best thing about him and doesn't annoy them at all :p)

Hero

Hmmm...

Amount of Rune Pages: Advantage bought or either 6300 per each. You start with 3. That is a massive advantage

And if you are buying champions, you can save IP for runes. It takes tens of thousands to get what you need.
Full sets of AP, MR, MP, ArmourPen, Mana Regen, and Armour for the standard ones. These being the basics and getting you through most characters. Add on Quints which run about 1000-2000 for most of the good ones.

And then the most specialized sets that help on a character to character base.
Lifesteal, Movement, Attack speed, Damage+, etc. And didn't they just add in more? Making specialization stronger.

And once again, the 10 rune pages to actually be able to do it.

Then we can talk about the character disadvantages in terms of banning and available pool selection.

You only start out with 2 rune pages.

I only have 3 pages too. Mpen/mana reg/cooldown/HP for AP types, AD/Arpen/Mres/mana reg for mana-based AD carry champs, and a standard jungling page that can double for manaless AD champs. Definitely not optimized for each champion but it gets me by.

It's definitely 2, I bought a page and I have 3 now, had 2 for the longest time.

bjaelke

You start with 2 rune pages, but Riot won an award last year and gave every member at that time an extra rune page for free.

Kunan

HP Regen Quints
ArPen or MagiPen Reds
Flat Armor Seals
Flat Mag Resist Glyphs

Those two pages represent 95% of what I play in this game. I have a few one offs like ArPen Quints for Garen and an AP bomb page, but that's the gist of it. Works really well.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Riot gave away a free rune page last year for winning the Golden Joystick awards. If you are an old timer then you should have 3 by default.

Ferga

EDIT: bjaelke i like my names for them thank you very much. I wonder if this Katarina will have an updated model (curse that 3 piece hair). Sadly, I doubt it.

there is some weird crap going on with the shading on kat's breasts >.>

Or steampunk Veigar. Whatever it is, if it replaces his voice, best skin ever.

(since I posted this someone else is now bound to post and say how Veigar's voice is the best thing about him and doesn't annoy them at all :p)

And that person is me. Know, that if the tables were turned, I would show you no mercy.

Even now, your loved ones suffer!

AcridMeat

Banned
Acridmeat was definitely complaining, since he said "it sucks". There is an implied complaint by Sdragon too since he too said it sucks when the teams re like X. (he was not merely pointing out the fact that he played those games.)

I'm not mocking anybody but the argument itself. Once you have 300-400 wins, you simply CANNOT blame your loss on that: 1. The enemy team has many wins, 2. Many wins means they're better than us, then 3. Therefore that the matchmaking was broken.

While I agree someone could be bad with that many games played, that is a minority and you're speaking as though that argument completely negates what we're complaining about.

For the most part, people with 1000+ wins will have much more beneficial experience than someone with 200 wins.
Come on man, at least look at what I actually said. I've experienced myself more than a few times an opponent with either one or two players on their team with 1000+ wins, myself having 170. I'm not using this as a crutch for explaining why I lose when it happens, though having a lack of experience directly relates to what we're discussing, but proving my point that this is something that does exist and that there is a difference in beneficial experience between the two.

So yes, there is a problem when someone with much more advantageous experience is paired against someone who isn't. This happens when I'm solo queuing as well, it's not restricted to pre-mades. It's not like I can expect a perfect matchmaking system, it happens, I deal with it. Sorry to bring it all back up, I just got home. :V

Those new skins look pretty good, particularly Viktor/Veigar. The alternative Viktor skins have potential to be good. Maybe (Probably not).

AcridMeat

Banned
Tell me about it Sodro, even when we dominate we end up losing because of rage-quitters.
OUian.jpg

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
Why is volibear so good. Seriously the best champion I've seen in a long time - almost like pre-nerf vlad.

Volibear ins't op. Just like any other champion, he's dangerous in the hands of someone suited to his playstyle.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Hmmm...

Amount of Rune Pages: Advantage bought or either 6300 per each. You start with 3. That is a massive advantage
You only start with two rune pages though.
The Viktor art is so awful. Like, worse than the old Riven art.
Why is volibear so good. Seriously the best champion I've seen in a long time - almost like pre-nerf vlad.
Weird. I feel like he's easily one of the worst champions in the game.

Achtius

This holiday season we will credit your account with an additional 300 Riot Points for a single Riot Points purchase between Wednesday, the 21st of December, and Monday, the 9th of January at midnight PST! Whether you’re anxiously awaiting Viktor’s release, have an overwhelming desire for a special Snowdown Showdown skin, or want to take advantage of some of our sales over the period, we hope this little holiday bonus helps out with your purchase.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/receive-300-rp-bonus-riot-points-purchase

stupid game, i might buy 10$ worth =/

Ferga

Yes, Gold

I haven't been able to log in, it keeps saying server is busy? Second try always gives me log in failed for unknown reasons.

I usually get that when i have internet connection problems. Don't know whether it's the same case though

This holiday season we will credit your account with an additional 300 Riot Points for a single Riot Points purchase between Wednesday, the 21st of December, and Monday, the 9th of January at midnight PST! Whether you’re anxiously awaiting Viktor’s release, have an overwhelming desire for a special Snowdown Showdown skin, or want to take advantage of some of our sales over the period, we hope this little holiday bonus helps out with your purchase.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/receive-300-rp-bonus-riot-points-purchase
stupid game, i might buy 10$ worth =/
300 RP is $2.30. I might drop $10 bucks too. I want more skins to go on sale though.

Heh lol.

Wrekt

I'm trying to decide on quints to get. So many choices and such few IP. I wish the ArPen and MPen holiday runes were AD and AP.

Thus far I only have 2 +HP quints, a -5% time dead from the rune combiner and a +1.5% run speed from a Razer giveaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom