• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
iTo0n2CkDrNE5.jpg

Fed off Ezreal and Brand. I love Riven.

bjaelke

Fantastic First Blood Bait
Them Polish people.
I'm trying to decide on quints to get. So many choices and such few IP. I wish the ArPen and MPen holiday runes were AD and AP.

Thus far I only have 2 +HP quints, a -5% time dead from the rune combiner and a +1.5% run speed from a Razer giveaway.

Just get AD marks and combine them with ArPen quintessences. It's cheaper and roughly as efficient - that is unless you're building a full AD page for some reason.

I'm working my way up on a new account with four other friends. My name is PistonSledge, and all of my friends are PistonSledgeTwo, Three, Four, and Five. It is really, really funny to watch other teams reactions to us as we basically just go all troll comps (with mostly free heroes). Our dream is to do ranked when we are all 30 and somehow make it to the pros, we'd have a good team name already!

Ferga

I am sincerely sorry for the dc from the in-house game. :/

had a blackout. Posting this from my phone. All that time wasted for the setup too :(

Sorry guys

lmao why don't I get guys like this ingame.

Instead I get team instalock+fight over mid/top. :(

also "fagot noob" - "ez" - "get skill" - etc.

Are you at the lower levels? Why not play with GAF?

And I suppose that last game was payback for ufokidd disconnecting and giving us a win.

600 | 300 | 300 | 300 | 100 v 1000 | 700 | 600 | 400 | 400 (wins)

My heart sank when I lost blue as a jungler, and when I saw I was level 3 when Lee Sin was level 6. That's when I knew I was fucked. I ended 7 levels below most everyone else.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Are you at the lower levels? Why not play with GAF?

And I suppose that last game was payback for ufokidd disconnecting and giving us a win.

600 | 300 | 300 | 300 | 100 v 1000 | 700 | 600 | 400 | 400 (wins)

My heart sank when I lost blue as a jungler, and when I saw I was level 3 when Lee Sin was level 6. That's when I knew I was fucked. I ended 7 levels below most everyone else.

After just listing the wins... If he is low leveled, why in hell are you recommended him to play with Gaf? He will be put up against people with a min of 500games+.

Boken

Banned
Shintoki is a support hipster, hating on soraka.

Maybe Southern means that they'll carry him in a normal premade. Or something.

vhfive

I should try to play with you guys sometimes but I'm a little scared that everyone will just be way better than me and I will feel inept :/

Also I'm pretty sure cloe the corgi is from halogaf since he and devin olsen (also from halogaf) are the only gaffers on my friends list

After just listing the wins... If he is low leveled, why in hell are you recommended him to play with Gaf? He will be put up against people with a min of 500games+.

We usually balance teams, but figured that since it was AR, it wouldn't matter. Just a fun game.

We got rolled. It was not a fun game.

Usually, when it's GAF v pubs, we don't mind having someone of a lower level as long as they're good sports, listen to advice, and get on chat.

Uchip

Banned
was about to play a game
then boom
got hit by some kind of trojan malware that took an hour to get rid of
my guess is that boken sent it to me so that he didn't have to play dominion

Boken

Banned
was about to play a game
then boom
got hit by some kind of trojan malware that took an hour to get rid of
my guess is that boken sent it to me so that he didn't have to play dominion

Now you know why I dodged.

So I got my first few games against real human players today as Sona (first game was a loss but won the second game with 1/0/9). I really like that you don't have to aim most of her skills so I'll probably stick with her. Anyone have any beginner tips for her before I get into more games? I've mostly just been sticking behind my friend spamming heals and the speed buff or ultimate to chase. Still need to get used to power chords though.

Ah that's me (Chocopolka from HaloGAF). I only just started putting in some time into the game recently but I had added you a long time ago, so I was probably inactive for a super long time on your list.

YOU
YOU'RE CHLOE THE CORGI
YOU'RE A CAT.
re sona: Making use of her 3 chord passive properly will increase your sona power levels exponentially

Ken

So I got my first few games against real human players today as Sona (first game was a loss but won the second game with 1/0/9). I really like that you don't have to aim most of her skills so I'll probably stick with her. Anyone have any beginner tips for her before I get into more games? I've mostly just been sticking behind my friend spamming heals and the speed buff or ultimate to chase. Still need to get used to power chords though.

vhfive said:
Also I'm pretty sure cloe the corgi is from halogaf since he and devin olsen (also from halogaf) are the only gaffers on my friends list

Ah that's me (Chocopolka from HaloGAF). I only just started putting in some time into the game recently but I had added you a long time ago, so I was probably inactive for a super long time on your list.

Flare

So I got my first few games against real human players today as Sona (first game was a loss but won the second game with 1/0/9). I really like that you don't have to aim most of her skills so I'll probably stick with her. Anyone have any beginner tips for her before I get into more games?

You should talk to Kiunch and Achtius, they both play an excellent Sona.

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=6667
Get her ultimate ready for team fights and mana regen runes. She's all about the assists.

broz0rs

imo I don't think playing a support is a good way to learn the game. Supports basically baby sit their lane partner and don't get involved with important aspects of the game such as lane pushing and last hitting. Also, the primary role of supports is actually warding the map, which takes awhile to get use to.

Consider playing some of the 480 IP champs, especially Ashe and Ryze. Tristana is also an excellent champ to start off with and she's free if you "like" Riot's Facebook page.

Sona can actually be played as a pretty mean dmg dealer (out of all the supports). Plenty of games I've seen a Sona get more kills than assists. Not to say its ideal, but in normals...

bjaelke

Viktor added to the store. Anyone able to purchase him? I'm short on RP/IP right now.

Viktorlol.png

Edit: Farmed the IP. Not yet available :/
Sona can actually be played as a pretty mean dmg dealer (out of all the supports). Plenty of games I've seen a Sona get more kills than assists. Not to say its ideal, but in normals...

More kills just means that you're worth more to the enemy. Sona and Soraka are quite easy to take down, so stupid to "kill steal" with them. Alistar and Taric are better suited to carry a few kills on them although it's still not ideal.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So my crew made that dumb decision of just one more game. We won or early game with 3 of us, and then swapped out one player for the next round and lost cause of a weird connection issue. Then all 4 of us played and we won, and then played another game.

In this game my friend was playing Ahri and I wittnessed my 1st ever penta kill in my own game (I've seen videos) from him. He was like 23/2/4 or something redonkulous. Of course we rolled that match (why they didn't surrender early IDK as someone kept putting it up for a vote).

So of course after the post patch OMFG penta kill was awesome discussion we decide to roll just one more. Our Ahri player even flippantly made a comment that we probably shouldn't do this as if he plays Ahri again he'll probably got like 2/10/1 or something. LOL

Of course we end up getting rolled as the other team was better and we kept getting owned by their jungler. We lacked one because our 5th wasn't sure if he could solo top with GP when I asked if I could jungle in pregame chat. IDK... just one of those times where we should have quit while we were ahead.

Rawk Hawk

I've had players get upset about KS a lot lately, it's never bothered me, but can I clear something up to make sure my logic is okay?

I'm soloing someone down we'll say, I'm ready to kill, and then someone shows up in my lane and in one ability takes the kill. Now, instead of getting money for the kill, I only get assist money. But this person had the choice of kill money or no money... Wouldn't them KS'ing me net our team more money, or is the overall gold split amung the killers?

Boken

Banned
Yeah Kill+Assist yields more money for the team compared to a lone kill. Some people either don't know that, or are too selfish and unreasonable to care. I value Kill+Assist a lot more than a lone kill for a ranged carry even. Especially in LoL since its harder for one person to just carry the game.

red13th

If they ever make an All Random map it should be like ARAB, it's the most fun I have in LoL. After ARAB, ARAM plays just waaay too slow.
Blitz is still a boss. Blitzcrank, most fun character in every format of the game! So glad I got the Incognito skin.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If they ever make an All Random map it should be like ARAB, it's the most fun I have in LoL. After ARAB, ARAM plays just waaay too slow.
Blitz is still a boss. Blitzcrank, most fun character in every format of the game! So glad I got the Incognito skin.
Definitely Not Blitzcrank is the only skin I own, and it's completely worth it.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I've had players get upset about KS a lot lately, it's never bothered me, but can I clear something up to make sure my logic is okay?

I'm soloing someone down we'll say, I'm ready to kill, and then someone shows up in my lane and in one ability takes the kill. Now, instead of getting money for the kill, I only get assist money. But this person had the choice of kill money or no money... Wouldn't them KS'ing me net our team more money, or is the overall gold split amung the killers?

In general as long as we win the game I'm happy. Sure in an ideal world everything would work out perfectly where the person who needs the kill the most always gets it and everyone else gets the assist or say as a support you don't ever grab a ks when helping out for a sec.

Yet as I said in the end as Coach Herm Edwards would say...

"We play to win the game!"

They need to nerf Ahri just a bit. Her kit is too strong for both 1v1 and full out team fights. First off, she does a LOT of damage, secondly she can easily escape just about anything except maybe chain stuns. Just had a ranked 5s with my team last night and she went 21-1 while the rest of their team was negative by a fair bit. Was a really frustrating game, because we were debating about counters to her in chat after they picked her and we couldn't think of any. I suggested Kennen, because he can at least run away, but we ended up going with Annie and she had no chance mid against a competent Ahri.

KS = Kill secured broze. I main AD carry and I don't even care if you steal the kill. (I do roll my eyes real hard tho. KIUNCH!)

I also think there's a lack of understanding of why the current meta is what it is. People know to pick what type of champ but they don't understand when they are strongest and should leverage their advantage, when they are weak and should focus on CS and map objectives or what their 'job' is.

Boken

Banned
They need to nerf Ahri just a bit. Her kit is too strong for both 1v1 and full out team fights. First off, she does a LOT of damage, secondly she can easily escape just about anything except maybe chain stuns. Just had a ranked 5s with my team last night and she went 21-1 while the rest of their team was negative by a fair bit. Was a really frustrating game, because we were debating about counters to her in chat after they picked her and we couldn't think of any. I suggested Kennen, because he can at least run away, but we ended up going with Annie and she had no chance mid against a competent Ahri.
Rofl, Annie gets shit on by anybody with more than ~700 range. Kennen would've definitely been a better pick. LB and Kass to a lesser extent could handle her too.

I also think there's a lack of understanding of why the current meta is what it is. People know to pick what type of champ but they don't understand when they are strongest and should leverage their advantage, when they are weak and should focus on CS and map objectives or what their 'job' is.

And then you don't even explain lol

bjaelke

Assist money is split between people getting the assist. The person delivering the killing blow will always get the full amount.

Leblanc, Kass, Morgana?

Heck of a lot better than annie anyway. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom