• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawk Hawk

Yeah Kill+Assist yields more money for the team compared to a lone kill. Some people either don't know that, or are too selfish and unreasonable to care. I value Kill+Assist a lot more than a lone kill for a ranged carry even. Especially in LoL since its harder for one person to just carry the game.

In general as long as we win the game I'm happy. Sure in an ideal world everything would work out perfectly where the person who needs the kill the most always gets it and everyone else gets the assist or say as a support you don't ever grab a ks when helping out for a sec.

Yet as I said in the end as Coach Herm Edwards would say...

"We play to win the game!"

Assist money is split between people getting the assist. The person delivering the killing blow will always get the full amount.

Thanks, yea I thought so but figured I'd ask first. I've never been one to care if someone takes a kill from me, but other people seem to get so upset about it... the game doesn't even keep a kill/death ratio does it? Hell the only stat most people are going to see is wins anyway.

Blizzard

Banned
was about to play a game
then boom
got hit by some kind of trojan malware that took an hour to get rid of
my guess is that boken sent it to me so that he didn't have to play dominion
Was it Windows 7 antivirus 2012 stuff? Did it make an rtd.exe file and/or run another executable and/or hijack your .exe registry association and disable windows firewall and windows defender?

Rawk Hawk

The biggest issue I have with Ahri is she punishes me so bad for over extending. If I'm mid verse her, and my turret goes down, you can't just farm to the river like I can normally get away with, assuming wards are around to see gankers coming. No, she can dash you down if you are too far out, it's an insane gap closer. Generally mid with Morgana or Brand, but since Ahri was added, I pretty much mid Morgana only, I'm sure Brand can counter her okay.. but I just like the easier snare (one cast verse two) and the shield to save me in bad situations.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
The biggest issue I have with Ahri is she punishes me so bad for over extending. If I'm mid verse her, and my turret goes down, you can't just farm to the river like I can normally get away with, assuming wards are around to see gankers coming. No, she can dash you down if you are too far out, it's an insane gap closer. Generally mid with Morgana or Brand, but since Ahri was added, I pretty much mid Morgana only, I'm sure Brand can counter her okay.. but I just like the easier snare (one cast verse two) and the shield to save me in bad situations.

You mean she is an Aki or Talon, both of which can be on you in a second.

bjaelke

Thanks, yea I thought so but figured I'd ask first. I've never been one to care if someone takes a kill from me, but other people seem to get so upset about it... the game doesn't even keep a kill/death ratio does it? Hell the only stat most people are going to see is wins anyway.

It keeps a KDA ratio for each champion in ranked.

Blizzard

Banned
You mean she is an Aki or Talon, both of which can be on you in a second.
Except unlike Talon (and Akali?), Ahri has three big dashes that can all be used in the same direction as far as I'm aware, plus a ranged taunt that means her ranged damaging ability should be gauranteed to hit if she lands it. It's like trying to chase someone with three flash abilities and a ranged taunt through the jungle while they go through walls.

I'm not saying she's overpowered, just that it seems ultra difficult to gank her unless you have a 1.5+ second stun and huge burst.

Rofl, Annie gets shit on by anybody with more than ~700 range. Kennen would've definitely been a better pick. LB and Kass to a lesser extent could handle her too.

And then you don't even explain lol

Lull Boken there's so much to say but essentially there's your 4 lanes:

(disclaimer: just to head off all the incoming "but what if this" and "what if that" this is how i understand the current meta IN GENERAL)

top - you should be a strong late game champ thats tough to gank and can lane for a LONG time. You go top and you farm your ass off. Even if you take the tower, you keep farming (ward for yourself). You generally only teamfight when the team is looking to initiate one as you're prolly too far to run all the way to help defend or to do/defend dragon/baron. If the enemy wants to send 3 champs to kill you (1 or 2 shouldn't be enough) then the rest of your 4 man team can push a tower or take an objective. If the enemy groups up to push one of your lanes they have to be wary that you are split pushing and free farming.

mid - a high burst potential champ. You farm until about lvl 6 and then you try to push your lane and then you gank and then you come back and farm more. If you gank, don't stay and push the lane, go back mid or go home. This is one of the most influential roles in the game.

jungle - you control the jungle, ward, and gank. You help your weakest lane and apply pressure to their weakest lane all the while jungling to keep up in gold and lvls. It is NOT your job to win a lane for someone. Also just because river is warded does not mean you can't gank. You can ninja gank (coming in through your own bushes) or gank from behind THEIR tower if they are pushed in and are weak. You need to ward enemy jungle as your team pushes. You need to setup and initiate dragons (prolly by ganking bot).

AD carry - farm farm farm. Your #1 goal is to GET PAID (STACKS ON STACKS ON STACKS). You'll want to have excellent last hitting and harassing. There's alot of different bot lane philosophies but I like to push so that the enemy is forced to CS under his tower. In teamfights you do not dive enemy carries but stay behind your team and hit whoever you can while kiting their AP and their bruisers.

Support - You babysit the ad carry bot. You ward bot lane and help them sustain so that they can push and cs. You should try to harass their carry when you can. Supports should expect to get pretty much NO gold which is why karma is rarely seen and why you get 1-2 gp5 items.

TL;DR Team stop following me around when i try to farm bot bro...

Yea. Ahri is like a mix of Akali and a ranged caster, and even a little better because she can dash without a target. I would say it would maybe be fair at 2 dashes or if her 3 dashes didn't do damage. That way if she had 2 dashes she would have to make the decision between jumping further in or simply out. Right now she can jump in twice then make an escape on the third one without much punishment. If you add in flash, that is ridiculous mobility.

bjaelke

Gotcha, I haven't tried out ranked games yet, just approaching 100 wins and am only lv27 right now.

It's a very nice system (not my screen shot):
ngjxW.jpg

Rawk Hawk

It's a very nice system (not my screen shot):
http://i.imgur.com/ngjxW.jpg/img][/QUOTE]
Oh wow, they keep a ton of stats compared to what I thought. That is pretty cool, I'm always just worried I'll join a ranked game and the champions I'm decent (I use this term very loosely) with will get banned on me. Haha, but regardless that's pretty cool. thanks.

A Penguin

I should try to play with you guys sometimes but I'm a little scared that everyone will just be way better than me and I will feel inept :/

Also I'm pretty sure cloe the corgi is from halogaf since he and devin olsen (also from halogaf) are the only gaffers on my friends list

Hey dude! haven't been on halogaf in a long while :( but feel free to add me: twopenguins :D

DTKT

Quick question regarding the 300 Riot Points bonus. Should I just buy 50$ worth of 5$ bundles? I mean, if I get 300 points bonus with every single item bought...

Been battle testing Xin Zhou jungling. So far so good! Really strong early level ganks, and I have a jungle build that keeps him really high with mostly attack speed reds/quints, armor yellows, and cdr blues.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Hi guys i am planning to give Master Yi a try, which runes do you think are best for this character?
I don't think you should really invest into runes until you really know that you like a character, but here is a link to Stonewall's Yi video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OabeYQCwkVk

Runes and masteries are in the video description. Pretty standard jungle stuff. Attack speed, ArP, and Armor. Personally I like move speed quints on Yi though.

I got Dota 2 for free with the Steam holiday thing. Tried out what I assume was the beta. Feels exactly like HoN. I'm glad I didn't buy it. Back to LoL.

Blizzard

Banned
I got Dota 2 for free with the Steam holiday thing. Tried out what I assume was the beta. Feels exactly like HoN. I'm glad I didn't buy it. Back to LoL.
Yeah, I think LoL was basically the first game of that style (MOBA?) that I ever played, and yet with the tutorial video etc. I was able to easily pick it up, and even if I never had much fun, apparently it addicted me enough that I played like 600 games.

Pretty much each time I try the DOTA 2 beta I'm like, well, the sound effect when minions explode into gold is cool, but I really don't care much for about 10 other things, and I don't care much for the champions, and the interface is non-obvious and there isn't a nice way to play humans vs bots matchmaking, and I end up with hardly any desire to play with it further -- the opposite effect that LoL had on me, even though I had basically no LoL/DOTA/HoN experience when I started LoL.

Yeah, I think LoL was basically the first game of that style (MOBA?) that I ever played, and yet with the tutorial video etc. I was able to easily pick it up, and even if I never had much fun, apparently it addicted me enough that I played like 600 games.

Pretty much each time I try the DOTA 2 beta I'm like, well, the sound effect when minions explode into gold is cool, but I really don't care much for about 10 other things, and I don't care much for the champions, and the interface is non-obvious and there isn't a nice way to play humans vs bots matchmaking, and I end up with hardly any desire to play with it further -- the opposite effect that LoL had on me, even though I had basically no LoL/DOTA/HoN experience when I started LoL.
MOBA is such a stupid term. We should just be saying dotalike or something. Anyway, not that I don't have complaints with LoL too, but I did happen to play DotA a while ago and I tried HoN - every time I go back, I can't help but notice how muddled it is.

JesseZao

Yeah LoL is more fun to play. I'll still play the dota2 beta every so often, but I just don't know if it's going to compare to the boiled down fun and civ-crack like feeling of LoL.

so the ppl who bought dodge runes are refunded back in RP? I got 450 rp out of nowhere, I haven't been playing LOL for the past couple of days because of the Steam sales and achievements. I haven't been reading about the runes, what was wrong with them?

Uchip

Banned
Was it Windows 7 antivirus 2012 stuff? Did it make an rtd.exe file and/or run another executable and/or hijack your .exe registry association and disable windows firewall and windows defender?

it was some kind of fake anti-malware program that wanted me to give it money
i feel bad for people that actually fall for it

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
so the ppl who bought dodge runes are refunded back in RP? I got 450 rp out of nowhere, I haven't been playing LOL for the past couple of days because of the Steam sales and achievements. I haven't been reading about the runes, what was wrong with them?
They're phasing out dodge as a mechanic.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
KS = Kill secured broze. I main AD carry and I don't even care if you steal the kill. (I do roll my eyes real hard tho. KIUNCH!)

It's a curse, I just wanted to kill someone asap, and it just happen that my Q landed the last hit.

After I stole 2 or 3 kills, and had more kills than AD carry in lane, I just say to myself "screw this, I AM TEH CARRY NOW" and start nonstop ks'ing on purpose.

Yea. Ahri is like a mix of Akali and a ranged caster, and even a little better because she can dash without a target. I would say it would maybe be fair at 2 dashes or if her 3 dashes didn't do damage. That way if she had 2 dashes she would have to make the decision between jumping further in or simply out. Right now she can jump in twice then make an escape on the third one without much punishment. If you add in flash, that is ridiculous mobility.

She is forced to use all 3 dashes within 10 seconds, and level one had ~80 seconds cool down. If she choose not to ult in team fight, she can barely do any damage. The range is also not that amazing, 2 dash barely equal to kass's ult.

But yeah, that taunt is OP, during lane you can hide behind minion or start with boot to counter her. In team fight or during poking match, a carry got hit by her taunt usually will die. They need to nerf either the range, duration, or make the target slow even further (so they won't run so fast to their death).

dimb

But yeah, that taunt is OP, during lane you can hide behind minion or start with boot to counter her. In team fight or during poking match, a carry got hit by her taunt usually will die. They need to nerf either the range, duration, or make the target slow even further (so they won't run so fast to their death).
You can stop yourself from walking in the taunt if you click right in front of where your character is stepping. Probably going to get patched out though.

red13th

They need to make an All Random map, so tired of dodging.
Yorick is ridiculous in ARAB, especially with Black Shield. IDK if that was because he was my main for a long time and I had ended up with shit like Ashe (hadn't played her in like 8 months), Mundo (played him twice, only bought cause of Mundoverse skin being phased out) and cow (got him for free thanks to YouTube, played him exactly once before). Yorick is awesome.
Lost a 0x1 game yesterday fml.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
yes but end game the ult is closer to 36 seconds CD
To be precise.

I think she's fine. Nuker/disabler/poker with a versatile ult that can be used for assassination/positoning/escape.

dimb

Thread title will one day become reality.
sjCom.jpg

To be precise.

I think she's fine. Nuker/disabler/poker with a versatile ult that can be used for assassination/positoning/escape.
She has one of the strongest pokes in the game, can abuse people who step to the sides of the minion wave, and is a monster up close. Totally balanced.

I've calculated that if you are as efficient as you can be, you can get all the champions for about 300 USD, and all the skins for about 1500 USD (at full price), so about 1800 total.

If you get everything at half-price, 1000 USD... but of course, then there's runes.

Blizzard

Banned
Such a weird night. Twitch on our team who ragequit at like level 2, twitch on the other team, and a third twitch a few games later on the other team who was afk for the first 7-10 minutes of the game. He said he was doing Christmas shopping.

Also had like three feeding teams in a row in solo queue before winning against the afk twitch team. I mean it's one thing to be bad, and I make lots of mistakes myself, but when you're like 2/15 you would think that you might start playing a little more cautiously. =P

I just played a Vayne vs. Vayne match and lost. :( 9/9/8 - at least I wasn't way under. Most of my kills came from her actually; she was going for almost pure attack speed, and I was going for a mix. I was able to solo her + a Vlad, but she was seemingly able to solo the entire rest of my team...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom