• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Like dragon said, Customizable recommended items is good, I waste so much time flipping pages.

Fix lag in custom game lobby, shouldn't take half a minute to join a game, should be able to join speculator when the room is full. Auto team balancing using normal ELO will be nice also.

Let people mark themselves "LFG" in chat room, if they went afk, put some kind of "afk" icon next to their name or something.

Jenga

Banned
What is everyone's top 3 and why?

1. Finish off remaking the older models. If project shiny got shelved for individual characters to get remade, i'm fine with that, just go forward with it.

2. More visual versions of SR. Anything to make it look different/breathe new life into the map

3. Dota 2 esque VA. You guys already kinda did it with graves/noct and voli/zilean

bonus: customized rec. items

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I wouldn't have as much of an issue with locked recommended items if they were updated more frequently, or were adaptive to play style. A lot of stuff recommended seems really outdated or bad (AD TF for example), but how cool would it be if you ran AP runes or bought AP based items that the recommended items would shift to something that accommodated that playstyle or benefited from your current build. Like what if crossing a certain health threshold popped up Atma's in the recommended item list? Something more dynamic would be very welcome.

JesseZao

Screenshot?

I make the icons pretty small and make the walls "vanish" to begin with to make better use of the screen real estate.

E:http://leaguecraft.com/uimods/56-perb-ui-0-37.xhtml

Bq7YIl.jpg

Rayven

aka surume
Honestly, I don't care much for anything else besides a revamped, working client.

Flare, any specific ear flicks?

SD, what would help arranging in-houses?

As far as keybindings, does anyone change anything other than smart-cast per champion?

How often do you change them?

edit: I'm reading everything btw, can't respond to some stuff obviously.

As far as keybindings, does anyone change anything other than smart-cast per champion?

Oh yes you can!

Flare

I'm not sure if this only applies to me, but the client runs pretty slow for me. For example, loading someone else profile or my own. There has also been instances of a black screen just appearing in the client (log out and log in to fix), Clients and games crashing during a one on one custom game, displayed stats on a profile page will not be that person's stats. Also come across an issue when logging in will not fully work? I get stuck with the client trying to connect me to PVP or something, no buddy list, no chat rooms or anything.

JesseZao

I think a party system (a la Halo) would be awesome. One that doesn't require you to choose a queue first. i.e. You group up first then pick your game type and even switch it if you wish. A swap position button would be good to change teams instead of relying on spectator slots.

Also, it would be great to have the invite system in the base UI instead of having a separate window pop up. Maybe have a check box system to invite people in your chat rooms or friends list and then have a type-in box in the social tab or somewhere to invite as well. Basically, have less windows gating your gameplay.

y2dvd

Naut is actually a pretty scary jungler but he isn't strong late game from what I've seen.

Yeahhhhh man duck-lip Taric bringing my elo back.

ucoTk.png

Aphexian

So I have this problem with runes...I never know what I don't need and what I do for each champion. I like to have specific ones but I would also like to have 4 pages that are just default runes like "Solo Top" "Support""Jungler""AP Mid" I just don't know what they would be. I'm terrible with runes, I always have to look up what to take depending on what champ I want to play and I know that's bad to come into a game with one champ on the mind.

Do you guys use specific runes for each character or do you just have a general all around tab?

Slouisk

Neo Member
So I have this problem with runes...I never know what I don't need and what I do for each champion. I like to have specific ones but I would also like to have 4 pages that are just default runes like "Solo Top" "Support""Jungler""AP Mid" I just don't know what they would be. I'm terrible with runes, I always have to look up what to take depending on what champ I want to play and I know that's bad to come into a game with one champ on the mind.

Do you guys use specific runes for each character or do you just have a general all around tab?

I mostly play ad champions, but I've played quite a lot so I can give you some help. AP is pretty much standard for most champions. I use magic pen marks, mana regen per level seals, ap per level glyphs and flat ap quints. This gives you nice early game damage with about 20ish AP without items.

Top and jungler are very varied as it completely depends on the champion. I would check out some guides for help on that. In general, bruisers would use armor pen marks, flat armor seals, mr per level glyphs, and health quints. But you could tweek these and use a more offensive runes or more defensive depending on the matchup.

For ad, I have different runes for different champions. In general I use flat ad marks, armor seals, mr per level qlyphs and flat ad quints for champions such as Miss Fortune, Vayne, or Graves. For champions such as Caitlyn or Corki I substitute the flat armor seals for mana regen per level seals.

For supports, I use armor or magic pen marks, flat armor seals, mr per level glyphs, and gold per 5 quints. Overall, for specific champions I would look at guides, but I hope this helps.

JesseZao

I generally have a page per role, but have variations for AP/AD versions or glass cannon vs tanky. Armor/Magic Pen Quints/Marks, Flat Armor/Regen Seals, and Scaling MR Glyphs/maybe Scaling CDR are a good basic set to use for AD/AP. Recently I've been trying HP Quints and pretty soon I need to get some AD runes.

I only have specific pages for unique champs like Singed.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

You will have a lot easier time if you play draft. You can change your page according to who you laning against. Red is almost always spell penetration or armor penetration. Yellow can be either armor flat, magic resist or mana/regen. Blue cdr per level, magic resist per level, or flat armor.

I saw some ahri take mana/5 per level blue and yellow so she can harass forever against most mid champion, but against someone like Leblanc, akali, annie, morgana, ryze, it is better to switch to magic resist flat blue, and magic resist yellow if you still don't feel confident enough.

I wish I can afford more rune pages =/

Ark

+1 vote for a replay system.

We should make a list of every LoL gaffer and what realm their on so we can organise in-houses more easily.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Replay/Spectate

I assume they will be one in the same. When I see a friend just started a game and I want to wait for him to queue - let me watch the game he's playing on a couple minute delay.

DoTA2 is soooo nice in this regard.

Ferga

Naut is actually a pretty scary jungler but he isn't strong late game from what I've seen.

ucoTk.png

I'm so jealous

When I win a rank on my first go, I just think "GOOD ENOUGH" and close Lol for the day.

and i'm voting for a more reliant client and the replay system. Nothing else really bothers me though.

Inskipp

Replay/Spectate

I assume they will be one in the same. When I see a friend just started a game and I want to wait for him to queue - let me watch the game he's playing on a couple minute delay.

DoTA2 is soooo nice in this regard.
While I agree on how well it's done in Dota 2, I think the current spectator- features in League are adequate enough at the moment. Imo it's far more important to release a working replay- system, and then improving the spectator- mode into something similar to your description.

For ear-flicks? Wins are not separated between Dominion and Classic in lobby, and when people are in-game you can't tell if they are in Dom or Classic.

In-houses? The invite window, as I mentioned before, is outdated.
Sending out too many invites causes your chatroom abilities to crash.
If someone leaves, reinviting them is impossible without changing ownership.
Changing ownership happens randomly once you leave, no way to do it manually.
There's a huge delay in inviting, accepting, and actually seeing them in the room.
No way to invite people specifically as spectators.
If someone else other than the owner invites to the room, the owner's name still appears in the invite. It should be the inviter's name.
Swapping positions within the lobby for customs should be as easy as swapping champions during champion select.

That's all off of the top of my head.

Also, Keybinds would be nice for smart-cast per ability per champion, but being able to respect the abilities individually would be nice, too. There have been champions where I felt the binds were not intuitive.

I would love being able to respec, but I KNOW I'd forget to respec correctly every game. Hence, I never respec.

Edit: Spectator-mode in LoL is wonderful. All that it's missing are graphs a-la DotA 2, but other things take priority.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I don't even care about graphs and charts. I just want to be able to right click on a friends name in my friends list and have 'Spectate game' pop up as an option.

Game has been out for a long time, that really should be in there.

Rayven

aka surume
Do you guys watch your own/friends replays in other games, or just high skill/interesting matches?

In other words, what do you mostly use it for?

edit: also, lol. never noticed that taric had duck-lips

Do you guys watch your own/friends replays in other games, or just high skill/interesting matches?

edit: also, lol. never noticed that taric had duck-lips

I would find use for both.

I love watching high level matches; watching pro-Caitlyn players last Fall at one tournament totally changed how I approached her, and I became much more proficient from just that.

However, I would love to be able to watch my friends play, and for them to watch me. We could improve a lot if we could give each other feedback. Replays would help a lot, since we could watch at our leisure, pause, rewind, and catch key moments or see how a playstyle plays out over the course of a game.

Boken

Banned
Drop in spectating is nice while you wait for a friend to finish. Though if there is a currently "popular matches" spectate list, I'd love to spectate pros too.

Replays must support party viewing and jump to point. Many team fights have me wondering "Wtf did we lose?". It's also good to prove arguments hah.

RE: Keybinds:
Smartcast everything. Wish I could use shift to normal cast since sometimes I want to leave the visual indicator open while anticipating players moving forward. Somethings I wish I didn't have to smartcast. Smartcast items on 3 and 4. Might add more numbers if there are more targetable actives.

Inskipp

With Lol- replay (the 3rd party program), I use it for both. I watch the occasional replay on how specific champions are played at high-level, and majority of the time I swap replays with my friends via dropbox and we watch eachothers replays. We analyze and comment on the events that occur during the replays, and potentially even learn new stuff.
Smartcast everything. Wish I could use shift to normal cast since sometimes I want to leave the visual indicator open while anticipating players moving forward. Somethings I wish I didn't have to smartcast. Smartcast items on 3 and 4. Might add more numbers if there are more targetable actives.
Have you tried this?

d94sH.jpg

MultiCore

Rayven said:

Ok, #1: Stability. In game, various amounts of client stutter, or connection lag, can absolutely make or break games. I'm on an i7-920, 12gb ram, and GTX 560 TI 448 core. I should have no problems running this game, but there are mysteriously a hair-pulling amount of stutter, slowdown, or other, issues that crop at random. Not trying to draw comparisons, but Dota2 does not do this. Skyrim run awesome. BF3 runs awesome, and Crysis 2 with the DX11 patch and some mods runs at near 60 fps. League shouldn't have these issues. It runs on freaking TI calculators practically, and fairly well, but I'm just mystified at these issues. Note, these also seem to be more pronounced when running mumble, but I've had them without mumble, and it happens on fresh windows installs as well. I can't reproduce them with any consistency, and I'm on all new hardware.

2: The Client/Front End. There are many things that couple be accomplished here, but I'm going to have to come out and say that this AIR front end isn't cutting it. Having to launch a separate executable has many negative impacts on the experience, in my opinion. For instance, things could be pre-loaded while browsing the menus. Like, when you start looking for an SR match, summoner's rift could immediately start loading in the background. During champion select, as each person locks in a champ, that champ data could be pre-loaded. As someone said earlier in the thread, time doesn't grow on trees, and the amount of waiting involved with getting into an average draft game can be up to 10% of actual match time. Loading is just one of the things, there are certainly other advantages to be had.

3: I said it earlier, but High end graphics scaling would be nice. Once again, I don't want to point to the competition, but Dota 2 is doing a very good job here. The art style is a matter of taste, and I prefer league's, but would love to see the next evolution of it.

Blizzard

Banned
Ok, #1: Stability. In game, various amounts of client stutter, or connection lag, can absolutely make or break games. I'm on an i7-920, 12gb ram, and GTX 560 TI 448 core. I should have no problems running this game, but there are mysteriously a hair-pulling amount of stutter, slowdown, or other, issues that crop at random. Not trying to draw comparisons, but Dota2 does not do this. Skyrim run awesome. BF3 runs awesome, and Crysis 2 with the DX11 patch and some mods runs at near 60 fps. League shouldn't have these issues. It runs on freaking TI calculators practically, and fairly well, but I'm just mystified at these issues. Note, these also seem to be more pronounced when running mumble, but I've had them without mumble, and it happens on fresh windows installs as well. I can't reproduce them with any consistency, and I'm on all new hardware.

2: The Client/Front End. There are many things that couple be accomplished here, but I'm going to have to come out and say that this AIR front end isn't cutting it. Having to launch a separate executable has many negative impacts on the experience, in my opinion. For instance, things could be pre-loaded while browsing the menus. Like, when you start looking for an SR match, summoner's rift could immediately start loading in the background. During champion select, as each person locks in a champ, that champ data could be pre-loaded. As someone said earlier in the thread, time doesn't grow on trees, and the amount of waiting involved with getting into an average draft game can be up to 10% of actual match time. Loading is just one of the things, there are certainly other advantages to be had.

3: I said it earlier, but High end graphics scaling would be nice. Once again, I don't want to point to the competition, but Dota 2 is doing a very good job here. The art style is a matter of taste, and I prefer league's, but would love to see the next evolution of it.
To provide counterinput, League of Legends has sometimes had lag problems for me, and if I crash and reconnect, game state can be screwed up...but it never seemed to have the weird stutter behavior of DOTA 2. I think I saw some cases in DOTA 2 where I got the TF2-esque sound loop repeating until the game started again, which is annoying. LoL doesn't have this. Maybe that's been fixed or it was an isolated case, and DOTA 2 is in beta etc., but still.

Also, I like the level of graphics that LoL has, and I don't think I like the effects, style, graphics, etc. of DOTA 2 as much. I suppose that if a normal level of graphics were left exactly the same and some new option was added only for high-end people, that could be okay, but frankly I would rather Riot people work on other issues (such as the ones mentioned in other posts) rather than graphics scaling, if they have free time.

MultiCore

To provide counterinput, League of Legends has sometimes had lag problems for me, and if I crash and reconnect, game state can be screwed up...but it never seemed to have the weird stutter behavior of DOTA 2. I think I saw some cases in DOTA 2 where I got the TF2-esque sound loop repeating until the game started again, which is annoying. LoL doesn't have this. Maybe that's been fixed or it was an isolated case, and DOTA 2 is in beta etc., but still.

Also, I like the level of graphics that LoL has, and I don't think I like the effects, style, graphics, etc. of DOTA 2 as much. I suppose that if a normal level of graphics were left exactly the same and some new option was added only for high-end people, that could be okay, but frankly I would rather Riot people work on other issues (such as the ones mentioned in other posts) rather than graphics scaling, if they have free time.

Technically, Dota does things much better graphically, but the art style is vastly different.

Clearly, Dota has a long way to go, and I'm not trying to make it LoL vs Dota2, just providing examples of real world competitors that are doing things right.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

1) Client needs a ton of clean up in terms of backend as well as servers. You still have odd loading like it loads the game you get in but can only type and can't click or do anything, a ton of random crashes, random lag or in game glitches like like a 1-2 sec movement between click and move... etc... stuff like this....

2) Stop bringing in new characters for a bit and just focus on everything you have. Finish redoing the old models, rework a lot of the OG champs that need to be switched up like Shen, really fine tune the balance without adding in new stuff to balance

3) Pretty up the maps and/or just give us more map variations like Winter. I really liked the Winter map, and wish we had a map variant for every season, and that they always stayed in rotation. It just helps vary things up with the slight change in look/feel/sound.

It's really depressing when you're curpstomping your lane but everywhere else is getting wrecked which lead to a loss. :(

I was going 7/0 as Warwick at the bottom with only a Doran Ring. Never felt a need to go shop because DAT sustain and awesome R. Broke the tower then got swarmed by 3 champs. Saw an ally call for surrender which made me go WTF then I noticed the scoreboard was already 7-20.

y2dvd

I'm so jealous

When I win a rank on my first go, I just think "GOOD ENOUGH" and close Lol for the day.

and i'm voting for a more reliant client and the replay system. Nothing else really bothers me though.

I used to do that when I had terrible losing streaks. Any more than 1 win felt like I could be pushing my luck lol.

Should've stopped when I was ahead. I lost my next two (not playing support though). Really frustrating when a support does not put down a ward at side bush when they are just zoning by camping there.

Pjodor

Neo Member

I have some general pages:
AP Champions: MPen Marks, Mana per 5 Seals, AP per lvl or flat AP Glyphs and Flat AP Quints.
AD Champions: APen or AD Marks, Armor Seals, Magie Resist per lvl Glyphs and APen or AD Quints.
Tank: Armor Marks, Armor Seals, Magig Res per lvl Glyphs and Flat HP Quints.

These where the ones that I started with and then I expanded from there when I felt that certain champions needed certain runes.

bjaelke

ucoTk.png
A friend and I have been duo queuing with Sivir and Taric. So much destruction and domination in bot lane. Haven't found a setup we can't play against.

#1 - Better working client

any specific ear flicks?

a.) There is a persistent bug that makes the entire bottom of the map black. All you can see is towers, champs, and creeps. It's been in the game since I started. The only thing that makes it go away is repeatedly rebooting.

b.) The FPS drops seem to have disappeared with the latest patch, but the store, mastery pages, etc. are still sticky with loading at random times and fine at others. I am certain it has nothing to do with my connection.

c.) It hasn't happened to me since the patch, but I've had other people report the "can't move" glitch in game is still there.

d.) The screen appears completely black when I try to enter a lobby. Then I get a que dodge penalty. This has happened on and off for months. The Nautilus patch did not fix it.

...continuing:

#2 - More re-works of older champs. I know you need to release new ones every few weeks because it makes you a ton of money and that's fine and I get it. However, you have an incredible roster of champs that are simply never used or only used in extremely specific situations that they might as well not be in the game.

A lot of these haven't even been over-nerfed, they just fell behind in design. Here's a list I would like to be revamped eventually:

Evelynn & Twitch (stealth remake eta?)
Heimerdinger (I know this one is in the works)
Karma (supposedly coming soon)
Kayle (she's terrible except at sniping people in dominion and hoping she survives during her ult)
Lux (needs a more defined role or better ratios)

#3 - New champs that can BREAK THE CURRENT META. More roamers, anti-support/ad combos, whatever.

I really can't stress enough how much I would like a better client. I've played this game so much because I love it and the only thing that has made me quit playing it for extended periods of time is all the horrible glitches.

Ark

I really can't stress enough how much I would like a better client. I've played this game so much because I love it and the only thing that has made me quit playing it for extended periods of time is all the horrible glitches.

I think this goes for everyone.

If Riot can pull out a multi-million dollar prize pool for season 2, there's no reasonable excuse why they can't develop a good client.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom