• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
At work. Can you give a brief run down? Guessing it's saying don't limit yourself to a role and learn how to counter pick?
If you want to understand how all the pieces of the game work you have to play all the roles.

Inskipp

Guessing it's saying don't limit yourself to a role
It goes deeper then that. By understanding every role, you will develop a greater game sense, and predict where everybody is, what they are doing, why they are doing it and interact appropriately.

So basically, you will veer off from limiting yourself to an individual perspective, and mesh everything together as a whole.

bjaelke

A little lttp, but whatever...

Survey time -

Your best position: Solo top
Your best champs (in order): Wukong, Renekton, Shyvana
Secondary: AP carry
Your best champs (in order): Cassiopeia, Orianna, Lux
Worst role: AD carry

y2dvd

I totally agree with it then. It infuriates me when I'm solo queuing and 3 players can only play ad range or whatever specific roles. I will bitch at them to learn other roles cause you are limiting the team. I end up getting too many of that role and everyone fighting for that lane. I made sure I learn at least 2-3 characters in each role so if I don't get my way, I can play another role.

The only time I will agree on learning one role is if you already have a pre-made team. It'll help you excel at it, but you should still try the other roles first to understand them.

I agree in the sense that playing other roles will improve you overall as a player as you will understand more of the game and how each lane functions. But just because you can play other roles, doesn't mean you should.

I'm talking about solo que here. I've supported my way to 1440. I feel like my support is at a 1500/1600 level (give or take). However, if I were forced to play AD or AP, I don't feel very confident at all. I can and will play normals to improve my role but if my AD is at a 1200 level, why would I want to play him at 1500?

MultiCore

I agree in the sense that playing other roles will improve you overall as a player as you will understand more of the game and how each lane functions. But just because you can play other roles, doesn't mean you should.

I'm talking about solo que here. I've supported my way to 1440. I feel like my support is at a 1500/1600 level (give or take). However, if I were forced to play AD or AP, I don't feel very confident at all. I can and will play normals to improve my role but if my AD is at a 1200 level, why would I want to play him at 1500?

I don't feel the article is telling you to pick a role you're weak in during a ranked/competitive game. It's more about not getting stuck in a rut and losing situational awareness. Being a competent jungler means you know where to CV the other team's jungler when you're support. Being a decent solo top means you have a better idea when to gank top when you're a jungler, ect.

Just the vibe I got.

Ark

Feedback time again!

Anyone use platform to game chat frequently (/w, /r)?

Would you use it more if it was easier to use?

What are some major usability issues?

Thoughts on improvements?

I'm far too busy during a game to message people, so I don't really bother. When I'm trying to get people to play however, I use Steam or Skype instead of the in-client chat system.

MultiCore

I'm far too busy during a game to message people, so I don't really bother. When I'm trying to get people to play however, I use Steam or Skype instead of the in-client chat system.

I tend to agree with this, but I like to be able to send people one line messages that won't require immediate responses, and don't mind receiving something similar.

It should be an opt-in system I guess, to account for personal preference on the matter.
Uncheck box, messages get delivered after the match is over. Voila!

EXGN

Just asked. IGN is omn0m

edit: I can jungle, or play support.

I know everyone likes to play AD carry.

Haha, I think jungler is one of the most sought-after spots on GAF lol. Anyways, I think I'm in the same spot(ish) as you - feel free to add me, ExcelBeyond.

Wrekt

Haha, I think jungler is one of the most sought-after spots on GAF lol. Anyways, I think I'm in the same spot(ish) as you - feel free to add me, ExcelBeyond.

I think I've had to go jungler in every gaf game I've played because nobody else wanted to do it, lol.

bjaelke

Fuck those people who troll in ranked games because they cant play their position and do support.

:/ I just played with a guy that last picked Singed when we needed a ranged ad. I'm all for breaking the meta, but he wanted top. So I had to take my trindomor to the bot lane with Taric...against Caitlyn and Nidalee. So much poke.

y2dvd

No lie, the other day I had an MF player who never bought boots the entire game. I was like is this for realz? This can't be ranked.

Blizzard

Banned
I play so seldom, I pretty much always go Riven top when I play. Thankfully the GAF people are usually pretty happy to play the other roles (whoever jungler, Turnip/Kiunch mid, that sort of thing).

Of course the downside is that I constantly complain that I'm feeding and beg the jungler to save me. :p

bjaelke

I play so seldom, I pretty much always go Riven top when I play. Thankfully the GAF people are usually pretty happy to play the other roles (whoever jungler, Turnip/Kiunch mid, that sort of thing).

Of course the downside is that I constantly complain that I'm feeding and beg the jungler to save me. :p

I don't mind playing other roles either. The problem with ranked (draft) is the lack of communication. We all play to have fun and to win. No point in forcing someone to play a role/champion if he doesn't enjoy it - unless you're 2k elo.

Blizzard

Banned
Sejuani is super lack luster in most of the games I've seen. It's kind of like Mundo. Eh, they're there, they're doing a bit of AOE damage, we'll work on killing them once everyone else is dead.

The ult's nice but I feel like there are other champions with better stun/taunt ults. I'd rather have a nautilus on my team, these days, if they initiate well.

Ferrio

Banned
Is she a bad jungler?

Isn't she one of the few champions Riot has listed as jungler?

She's a bad champion. Kinda a combination of amumu/shy/leona, that ends up doing nothing. The fact they released naut shortly after her was such a big middle finger to anyone who purchased her.

XeroSauce

Help me decide something.

I have 3208 RP. I have 2 Rune Pages currently, and I'm a horribad Jungler, haven't tried ranked yet, been Level 30 only for a little while etc.

Is it worth it to buy the 7-Page bundle or just buy 2-3 Rune Pages (one for every role, sorta) and save the rest for skins? (I like skins)

I know that many people advocate Rune Pages but I figure that I could always get more if I wanted to, and not blow almost all my RP on a bundle where I'm only going to be using maybe 4-5 pages out of the 9 I'll have.

EXGN

She's a bad champion. Kinda a combination of amumu/shy/leona, that ends up doing nothing. The fact they released naut shortly after her was such a big middle finger to anyone who purchased her.

I think it depends on the team comp/people playing. Chauster was saying that picking Sejuani means the rest of the lanes should focus on getting pure damage champions without a lot of CC because Sejuani is all the CC a team needs. He actually said Sejuani>>>>>Naut, for what it's worth.

But she definitely seems like a high-level competitive team pick only and not a very effective solo queue champ.

XeroSauce

Rune pages have uses. Skins don't make you a better player. Go with the rune pages.

I understand that. But how would I use 9 Rune Pages?

1: AD Ranged Carry
2: AD Bruiser (Riven)
3: Tanky (Nasus)
4: Generic AP Caster Mid
5: Sona Support Page
6: A Jungling Page (I don't own any Jungler atm, working on it)
7: ?
8: ?
9: ?

Ferrio

Banned
I think it depends on the team comp/people playing. Chauster was saying that picking Sejuani means the rest of the lanes should focus on getting pure damage champions without a lot of CC because Sejuani is all the CC a team needs. He actually said Sejuani>>>>>Naut, for what it's worth.

But she definitely seems like a high-level competitive team pick only and not a very effective solo queue champ.

Even then I could see her getting counter picked *hard*. Having to form your team specifically just to accomidate a champ that's lackluster doesn't seem like a winning formula.

MultiCore

You'll fill them up, believe me. You'll fill up 20, if you keep playing.

Two jungling pages, one for offensive junglers and one for tanky junglers. A page for manaless casters like Vlad/Rumble/Kat, along those lines possibly a page for energy based champs like Kennen. On the AD side you can have a few different pages depending on champions, focusing on damage, armor pen, crit or attack speed for example.

Wrekt

I have some generic ones, but there are certain champs out there that kinda need their own page. Ryze for example scales off of +mana, and nobody else would use his rune page. A jungle page for Skarner and a jungle page for Fiddlesticks will have very little in common. Even your tanky page probably wouldn't be optimal for someone in the same lane/role like Galio.

You may not have enough champs to come up with 9 rune pages right now but you will eventually.

Survey time - Punkay Bruster

Your best position:AP or AD Carry Mid or Top
Your best champs (in order):Brand, Ashe, Viktor, Graves, Ryze, Vlad, Cass, Ziggs
Secondary:Top or Jungle
Your best champs (in order):CDRWick, Urgot, Nautilus, Nocturne, Maoki
Worst role:Not Getting CS

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I just went 18/2/26 with Caitlyn, I FUCKING LOVE CAITLYN. Shame I haven't been able to buy her yet, spending all my IP on runes.

Blizzard

Banned
I just went 18/2/26 with Caitlyn, I FUCKING LOVE CAITLYN. Shame I haven't been able to buy her yet, spending all my IP on runes.
Are you level 30 and have been playing for a long time, or did you get to try her back in the day? She used to be more powerful, and she's one of my top 1-2 favorite champions, but I feel like she kinda got moved down to mid AD carry tier due to a bit of nerfing as well as the addition of Graves.

brian!

Survey time - xcloser

Your best position:hahahaha
Your best champs (in order):HHAAAAHAHAH
Secondary: ~~~~~~~~
Your best champs (in order):
Worst role: Annie Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom