• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Are you level 30 and have been playing for a long time, or did you get to try her back in the day? She used to be more powerful, and she's one of my top 1-2 favorite champions, but I feel like she kinda got moved down to mid AD carry tier due to a bit of nerfing as well as the addition of Graves.

21, played since BETA but very on and off.

Greetings Summoner,

Your account has been credited with 400 Riot Points for reaching level 3!

As you were unable to take part in the Naughty or Nice promotion this past December, but have since achieved level 3, we have retroactively credited your account with 400 RP as part of our new summoner rewards program. Please bear in mind that your RP total may not update until you attempt to make a purchase in the League of Legends Store.

Congratulations on reaching level 3, summoner, and thanks for playing League of Legends!

What skin can I buy with 400RP?

KJTB

Survey time - KJTB

Your best position:I try to play a lot of positions but I tend to play best when I play solo top
Your best champs (in order) Lee Sin, Wukong, Singed, Talon
Secondary:AP mid
Your best champs (in order): Leblanc, Ryze, Vladimir
Worst role: Support, just because I find it extremely boring so I tend to try and avoid playing it. I do play a pretty mean Alistar tho (I land the majority of my w/q combo's)

Blizzard

Banned
\(^.^) yordles ( ^.^)/

yordlesjnjpd.png

I feel like poppy could be fun if I had any clue what I'm doing. She seems to combine squishy, low mana, and 100% melee, which is a weird combo despite the burst damage reduction. What's an ideal magic resist item for her?

Entwain

If you are thinking wits end don't bother, shes not built for attack speed, either you tank (boring), or you go awesome 2 shot mode, charge, hit wall, hit with Q, pop ult, and watch as they focus you while the one you attacked runs away and your team decimates them since they do no damage to you.

TLDR: Buy MR boots or BV

Poppy is an anti-carry tanky DPS.

Her whole point is to ult a tank during a team fight, walk through the opposing team, two shot their carries, then run circles around getting damage in where she can.

Attack speed is one of the worst things you can build on her unless you're going bruiser, which I think is meh personally.

Blizzard

Banned
There seem to be some tanks that deal heavy damage though (like nautilus?). Aside from that, how do you even come close to 2-shotting anyone? Do you have to have lots of AD, or are you suggesting building AP too to increase Q/E damage?

Triforce's bonus damage is only 150% of your base attack damage, so that's what, 150 bonus? Q's health bonus is maxed at 375 damage. I tried running some rough calculations and she seems like she couldn't do more than maybe 1300-1600 if you got really lucky with Q + E and hit someone against a wall, and got in two autoattacks.

EXGN

There seem to be some tanks that deal heavy damage though (like nautilus?). Aside from that, how do you even come close to 2-shotting anyone? Do you have to have lots of AD, or are you suggesting building AP too to increase Q/E damage?

Triforce's bonus damage is only 150% of your base attack damage, so that's what, 150 bonus? Q's health bonus is maxed at 375 damage. I tried running some rough calculations and she seems like she couldn't do more than maybe 1300-1600 if you got really lucky with Q + E and hit someone against a wall, and got in two autoattacks.

Go AP, build DFG = goodbye carry.

Blizzard

Banned
This picture I drew allowed me to buy Rumble.
Or would have if he was still on sale. :/

BASK IN THE GLORY
What did you put in your email? I put in a support request with a picture of Caitlyn shooting trondomore, asked nicely, even mentioned I'd bought the PC Gamer issue for a Caitlyn skin, and asked for 37 RP...but I got an email saying it was like, actually against the rules and they were not ALLOWED to give me any RP. Did they break the rules for you? :mad:

Or are you talking RP for champions? Maybe they're not allowed to give RP if it's for skins instead.

What did you put in your email? I put in a support request with a picture of Caitlyn shooting trondomore, asked nicely, even mentioned I'd bought the PC Gamer issue for a Caitlyn skin, and asked for 37 RP...but I got an email saying it was like, actually against the rules and they were not ALLOWED to give me any RP. Did they break the rules for you? :mad:

Or are you talking RP for champions? Maybe they're not allowed to give RP if it's for skins instead.

Well, he drew a yordle. You just drew some chick with a hat. What do you expect?

Blizzard

Banned
This. Sheen as well.

Why would you ult the carry? You only take damage from the person you ult. Unless you're guaranteed to kill them, I don't get it.
Ulting someone means you do 40% more damage (spells, items, and autoattacks I think) to them. I'd say it's risky though, since the carry is most likely to burn you down unless you're really tanky, in which case you're unlikely to burst THEM down I assume. *shrug* Maybe I'm just underestimating her passive since I always seem to take such huge amounts of damage with her.

And again, sheen/triforce means you only get like 100-150 bonus damage before reduction for a single attack every two seconds, right? That's of limited usefulness for burst damage where you may only have 2 seconds to do damage.

Ferga

This. Sheen as well.

Why would you ult the carry? You only take damage from the person you ult. Unless you're guaranteed to kill them, I don't get it.

If i'm an AD carry and poppy ulted me. I wouldn't stay around knowing i'll lose 3/4 of my health in a second. I've stayed around before and i've paid the price.

\(^.^) yordles ( ^.^)/

yordlesjnjpd.png

I feel like poppy could be fun if I had any clue what I'm doing. She seems to combine squishy, low mana, and 100% melee, which is a weird combo despite the burst damage reduction. What's an ideal magic resist item for her?

This is what makes poppy so incredibly powerful in skirmishes.

"hey I can kill that pop- OH DEAR SHIT"

broz0rs

I always wanted to try Poppy, but I can't figure out where the hell you stick her in laning phase.

if you don't mind playing purely for fun, try her as a jungler. I played her in the jungle in a few normals and she's a blast. She has slightly slow initial clear and have to play her as AD, but her ganks are brutal.

bjaelke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWSvclQPBj4

New orianna skin in action! She looks like Dorothy from the Big O anime. I'm so in for this
I came. Her doll skin has always creeped me out, but this is just fantastic.
What's this PBE?? and where can I see the patch notes / play that version?

PBE is short for Public Beta Environment. They're basically testing patches before release to work on balancing issues and get feedback from the players.

They post patch notes here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=44
How can I participate?
You can find the sign up form here: https://pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/signup/index
If you get an error on the sign up page, it can be due to a few things. The most common reason for the error is the username being taken. Additionally, you must format your birthday in a DD-MM-YYYY format. Make sure all the requirements for the fields are met before you click submit.

I have an account, but I need to download the client! Where can I get it?
You can download the client here: http://pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/signup/redownload

AcridMeat

Banned

I was very fortunate as they don't do it ever, this was a one time thing (for 19RP). I greatly appreciated it but it's hallow victory since I got it after the Rumble sale was over.

Sardello

Greetings Summoner,

Your account has been credited with 400 Riot Points for reaching level 3!

As you were unable to take part in the Naughty or Nice promotion this past December, but have since achieved level 3, we have retroactively credited your account with 400 RP as part of our new summoner rewards program. Please bear in mind that your RP total may not update until you attempt to make a purchase in the League of Legends Store.

Congratulations on reaching level 3, summoner, and thanks for playing League of Legends! .
Mmm... I'm level 19 right now.
Could I receive other RP?

Are 400 RP enough to buy something?

Feature

Banned
Just read the PBE patch notes and even though shen is getting a nerf , it still looks OP to me.

Olaf buff looks very strong too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom