• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Mmm... I'm level 19 right now.
Could I receive other RP?

Are 400 RP enough to buy something?
You can chose between a few champions, but 400 RP wont get you far:

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Category:260_RP_Champion

Most of their sales put champions/skins at 487 RP. It's a smart move by Riot because you'd still have to invest in RP if you want any of those. You can buy cheap skins and champions, but you will have a lot of spare RP after that. You get the same "problem" when you buy RP from the store. You can't just buy RP for a champion. You have to buy fixed amounts (different in EU and NA) which leaves you with a lot of spare RP - almost enough for another champion.

Sardello

You can chose between a few champions, but 400 RP wont get you far:

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Category:260_RP_Champion

Most of their sales put champions/skins at 487 RP. It's a smart move by Riot because you'd still have to invest in RP if you want any of those. You can buy cheap skins and champions, but you will have a lot of spare RP after that. You get the same "problem" when you buy RP from the store. You can't just buy RP for a champion. You have to buy fixed amounts (different in EU and NA) which leaves you with a lot of spare RP - almost enough for another champion.
Damn, there is only 1 ultracheap Alistar skin (Golden Alistar)

I don't know if it's convenient to wait to have another "RP gift" from Riot Games or if I should use them to buy Annie/Master :(

Feature

Banned
why his total rework was needed is beyond me. They just needed to buff him a bit. What they've done to him now is just make him god tier.

No, Shen was pretty garbage before. He needed a buff like this, badly. His damage output was hilariously low, his energy consumption was high, and he could disrupt maybe twice a teamfight if he didn't use his pitiful shield.

Tideas

Banned
No, Shen was pretty garbage before. He needed a buff like this, badly. His damage output was hilariously low, his energy consumption was high, and he could disrupt maybe twice a teamfight if he didn't use his pitiful shield.

he's a tank...he shouldn't have damage ouptut. now he can solo 2 champions like nothing. plus, his global ult is totally global still.

IsayFever

Shen wasn't garbage before, he had potential to be devastating in games just as he is now, but the ki strike damage output now is just too insane. The feint nerf that went in today or yesterday was needed so badly as he was just absorbing too much and never having to worry about hp. He'll be even more fine once the armour nerfs come in from the pbe so he won't be immovable from lane.

That said, they need to buff Nasus now to bring him into more of a viable position. Shen, Warwick, Irellia, Wukong, Gangplank are just infinitely better picks right now.

Inskipp

he's a tank...he shouldn't have damage ouptut.
I don't think I've ever seen a succesful "true" tank in any MOBA. This is not PVE. Players will only perceive damage as a threat, otherwise they can ignore it.

You should also note that most viable tanks in the game have a way of dealing damage.

Rammus: Spiked Shell, Tremors
Amumu: Despair, Tantrum
Nautilus: Titan's Wrath, Riptide
Cho'Gath: Feral Scream, Vorpal Spikes, Feast

If you want tanks with no damage output, you can take a look at Sejuani and Leona.

If Shen had potential to be devastating, I certainly never saw him being used in such a manner. I've seen more Karma players than Shen players before the buff.

And if a tank has limited CC, the only way he can force the opposing team to draw fire to himself is through damage. Otherwise, as mentioned, we end up with a Leona or worse, a Sejuani.

Jenga

Banned
Naut is my favorite tank because he basically gives the enemy team hell trying to get to to his carry.

Riptide, passive, f mallet, red buff, dredgeline?

you ain't touchin my carry hombre

Blizzard

Banned
Naut is my favorite tank because he basically gives the enemy team hell trying to get to to his carry.

Riptide, passive, f mallet, red buff, dredgeline?

you ain't touchin my carry hombre
This is the worst thing. I need to read up on the wikia or whatever and find out what his attacks do, since I was trying to walk or escape or attack or something, and then nautilus used 2-3 moves, and it seemed like I was knocked up/stunned/silenced two or three times...and THEN he used his ult to knock me up and stun me, so it wasn't even that to begin with. It sure felt like 2-3 disables from him alone, but who knows.

I don't know if it's convenient to wait to have another "RP gift" from Riot Games or if I should use them to buy Annie/Master :(

I remember when I got free RP I was so excited to buy the skin I wanted but I couldn't afford it. So I waited until they did another RP gift. And I was so excited to buy the skin I wanted but I couldn't afford it. Then I waited some more until it finally went on sale and I got it. So I'd say wait it out. Or just give them some money, they've earned it.

This is the worst thing. I need to read up on the wikia or whatever and find out what his attacks do, since I was trying to walk or escape or attack or something, and then nautilus used 2-3 moves, and it seemed like I was knocked up/stunned/silenced two or three times...and THEN he used his ult to knock me up and stun me, so it wasn't even that to begin with. It sure felt like 2-3 disables from him alone, but who knows.

He doesn't have a silence. His passive allows him to root a champ every 12 seconds with an auto, this is not a stun, you just can't move but you can cast/attack. He then has dredge line which pulls, and his W is an AoE slow. His ult is the only actual stun he has and will knock up and stun the primary target and knockup all other enemies in the path to the primary target.

You might be thinking he has a silence if you were trying to use a movement skill, as you can't use those if rooted.

y2dvd

It was funny playing against Shen last night. We chased him all across the map and couldn't finish him due to shield. Got away with pixel life. Everyone was crying for a nerf afterwards lol. I don't mind Shen at all tbh.

EXGN

That's the thing, his kit was balanced. His ult was so ridiculously OP that his regular kit was bit lacking to compensate. Shen applied the same pressure that an old Evelynn or Twitch could in that people had to play safe because at any moment, a 1v1 and sure kill could be reversed into 1v2 going the other way.

Now, his kit actually does damage and he is a threat without using his ult. When you think of most solo tops, they aren't a big threat until they get their ultimates, then they can win 1v1s. Shen can win 1v1s from using only three skills because he has ridiculous sustain and damage, plus his ult allows him to own other lanes. I really can't think of one champ that Shen doesn't shit on solo top besides Yorick, who only comes out even with Shen and has worse team utility.

I'll agree that Shen could have used a buff or two (his energy costs were too high before) but it feels like the changes could have used a bit more time in the oven.

Then Shen was a one shot wonder that had a great ult and little else.

Disclaimer: I'd rather have a roster full of powerful champs than weak ineffective ones. I generally favor buffs, not nerfs.

Boken

Banned
The game of who has the best mouse control + reaction speed. I'd play it. (I'd lose)

Everybody ezreal, infinite mana, one shot kills.

Everybody tristana, infinite mana, one shot kills.

Everybody karthus, one shot kills.

Just ideas for game types when Riot finally gives us more control over custom games.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The game of who has the best mouse control + reaction speed. I'd play it. (I'd lose)

Everybody ezreal, infinite mana, one shot kills.

Everybody tristana, infinite mana, one shot kills.

Just ideas for game types when Riot finally gives us more control over custom games.
Sudden death mode, everyone has 1 health?

S9bQX.jpg

EXGN

Then Shen was a one shot wonder that had a great ult and little else.

Disclaimer: I'd rather have a roster full of powerful champs than weak ineffective ones. I generally favor buffs, not nerfs.

I guess my point is that there is a middle ground between being stupidly OP (Shen now) and slightly underwhelming (what some may have considered the old Shen).

Ketch

I just got 400 free RP in my email? They said it was because I didn't participate in the Holiday event but have since made summoner lvl 3... ? Weird, but I'm not complaining.

Blizzard

Banned
I guess my point is that there is a middle ground between being stupidly OP (Shen now) and slightly underwhelming (what some may have considered the old Shen).
I imagine with some upcoming nerf it will happen, and Shen won't be used much again. It's sad, since I figure he deserves to be OP for a month or two, and maybe I'd get a chance to use him if he had stayed that way. =(

Also I'd rather face him than Nautilus. Then again last night we had the unholy Nautilus + Shen combo, the two ultimate tanks of death, but fortunately we had 5 yordles so it was no contest.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
There's nothing OP about Shen. He's a low damage character with a lot of survivability and escape options, but I feel like his actual impact on late game team fights can be pretty low. The problem is that by implementing the changes all at once there's a noticeable power shift, so everyone will suddenly jump on the OP bandwagon. Same thing happened with Yorick. If they push a bunch of changes out at the same time everyone perceives champions to be stronger than they actually are. Now Yorick is in a really weird place and nobody ever plays him because they swung back on him too hard.

I imagine with some upcoming nerf it will happen, and Shen won't be used much again. It's sad, since I figure he deserves to be OP for a month or two, and maybe I'd get a chance to use him if he had stayed that way. =(

Also I'd rather face him than Nautilus. Then again last night we had the unholy Nautilus + Shen combo, the two ultimate tanks of death, but fortunately we had 5 yordles so it was no contest.

Nautilus and Ali on the same team I think is the most potent. Any double tank combo can be pretty mean though, I think I'm going to start pushing for it more when playing with friends.

bjaelke

Sandscourge Skarner (regularly 975 RP) will be only 487 RP!
Surfer Singed (regularly 975 RP) will be only 487 RP!
Pentakill Mordekaiser (regularly 975 RP) will be only 487 RP!
Time to spend that RP.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
They are having a poll on the LoL forums asking which champs should be put on sale for half price on the week of March 9th. They don't mention how many winners there will be, but they have 12 on the ballot.

Currently Yorick is kicking ass, followed by Irelia, Vlad and Wukong. Write-ins are accepted, but good luck having one actually win.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1847206
If people were smart they'd write in Nautilus or Ahri or something.

XeroSauce

Scarra is such an awesome streamer, always nice as heck and I learn so much from him because he comments during gameplay about every odd end of LoL.

Feature

Banned
There's nothing OP about Shen. He's a low damage character with a lot of survivability and escape options, but I feel like his actual impact on late game team fights can be pretty low. The problem is that by implementing the changes all at once there's a noticeable power shift, so everyone will suddenly jump on the OP bandwagon. Same thing happened with Yorick. If they push a bunch of changes out at the same time everyone perceives champions to be stronger than they actually are. Now Yorick is in a really weird place and nobody ever plays him because they swung back on him too hard.

His damage isn't low at all and his survivability is of the charts.

Played my first game of malzahar yesterday in months, destroyed all easely. Malz so OP end game!

Somax

Yes, Malzahar endgame rocks.
Not focusing him is a critical error, since, besides the >1000 damage ultimate, every skill in his kit can wreck a teamfight by area denial or area disable.

A pity that his fucking voidling has the bad habit to stay outside brushes, making ambushes and emergency escapes much more difficult than they should be.

red13th

I remember reading they wanted to take away the damage of some of the random shit that does damage like Grave's smoke bomb, then they go and add damage to Shen's taunt.
Made me wtf a little bit.

Scarra is such an awesome streamer, always nice as heck and I learn so much from him because he comments during gameplay about every odd end of LoL.

Is his team tomorrow big?

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Bought a 7-day XP boost yesterday (first money I've pumped into the game), played on and off since BETA and I was only lvl21 yesterday morning and I'm getting tired of not being max. Hit 23 before going to bed last night, rollin' in the XP.

Also played a couple of games as Talon yesterday, I reeeaaally like Talon.

Watching people rage in game is hilarious. My favorites are the guys that complain about feeding after one death. I don't know about you guys but I'm playing for fun. It's not ranked so there's no reason to get serious.

Once you start it's easy to get carried away. So far I've only invested in two skins, and that was partly because the regular mf skin looks awful. On one hand, it's only 5 bucks or so and with the 400 rp you can probably get two cheap skins( wait for a sale?). On the other hand you might be setting yourself up a bad precedent.

Ferga

Watching people rage in game is hilarious. My favorites are the guys that complain about feeding after one death. I don't know about you guys but I'm playing for fun. It's not ranked so there's no reason to get serious.

Once you start it's easy to get carried away. So far I've only invested in two skins, and that was partly because the regular mf skin looks awful. On one hand, it's only 5 bucks or so and with the 400 rp you can probably get two cheap skins( wait for a sale?). On the other hand you might be setting yourself up a bad precedent.

You play Lol?

AusLolGaf is growing >.>

Jenga

Banned
Watching people rage in game is hilarious. My favorites are the guys that complain about feeding after one death.
It's always funny to watch people lose their shit after a death or two. I only consider "feeding" to be like 0-4+. I've had lanes where I've gotten killed two times but I destroy their tower and farm like a boss (and yet still get accused of losing my lane)

bjaelke

Some weird games I'm having today. It took me 10 minutes before I noticed that Kennen was AD and KogMaw was AP. Their bot lane was Malphite and Taric - not exactly a lot of damage.

I feel like I always get grouped with the worst people.
http://i.imgur.com/IXHjX.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I love those players that don't want to play a certain role but have no problem telling others what to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom