• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawkcaB

I'm assuming the modes they are playing with are from the PBE leak earlier. 1v1s, all in one, etc. Frankly I think ARAM is a little silly too but I know people like it. I'll do it once in awhile when I don't have time for a real game.

Riot already said that those modes snuck onto the PBE by mistake. Riot uses those modes internally for testing purposes. Why enable 1v1 and 2v2 on SR when they've gone through the trouble of creating a whole new map for that purpose?

garath

Riot already said that those modes snuck onto the PBE by mistake. Riot uses those modes internally for testing purposes. Why enable 1v1 and 2v2 on SR when they've gone through the trouble of creating a whole new map for that purpose?

True. But the all for one mode was on that list and they've already stated they have more crazy mode ideas. :)

Those Sivir changes. Something has to be up.

He was mostly exaggerating. The intended use-case scenario is pretty obvious: it's called 'The Culling' and killing a target with it allows you to use Relentless Pursuit to catch up to targets, so it's reasonable to assume that Zenon wanted players to use it to gun down low-health targets escaping from a team fight in a Vayne-style clean-up pursuit.

And that's fine, but as a designer you sometimes have to accept that players find innovative or at least more practical uses for the things you create. The potentially very low cooldown makes it a useful sieging tool, and in general most players would prefer to use their ultimate for a relatively small amount of "safe" damage in the course of a team fight than for an easier clean-up after the team fight. That's the case with most 'execution' ultimates, really: winning the fight is more important than having a super-clean mop-up in the aftermath, so players will always prefer to use them earlier than their "optimal" designed conditions.

I mean, Ace in the Hole is similar - it's really just meant to clean-up a kill on an enemy escaping a fight, and is almost always a loss of DPS if used mid-fight - but players who use it as a harassment tool aren't wrong, they've just found a use for it outside of the intended design parameters that's potentially better.
Yeah, not every ultimate should be a great all-around tool in one's arsenal to parrot what you just described. However, something about a new champion being clunky (like how Lucian's ult handles) goes a long way to create a constant loop of negativity, often for weeks or months at a time. Jayce is one of those examples where he largely got ignored solely due to a slow animation for the auto-attack proc on his ranged stance.

alright, so the damage evens out at max rank Q at level 18. 432 + 1.98 bonus AD to single targets, or something around that.

At all other stages of the game it's a nerf.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Cuz this is not the HotS thread =D
It will be important. It's worth talking about here because the changes and features of these types of games can easily bleed into one another. Reading over HotS info isn't very illuminating.

how come you guys aren't talking about heroes of the storm

I'm trying to work myself up to being interested because any (major) new player bringing new ideas to the MOBA space is worth paying attention to. I just can't muster it without more concrete data, because frankly I don't think Blizzard has enough of the real talent still working there to do anything ground-breaking anymore.

I'd like for them to prove me wrong. I'd like to get excited for Blizzard games again. The last time they showed me anything worth being excited about was vanilla WoW, though.

garath

I'm trying to work myself up to being interested because any (major) new player bringing new ideas to the MOBA space is worth paying attention to. I just can't muster it without more concrete data, because frankly I don't think Blizzard has enough of the real talent still working there to do anything ground-breaking anymore.

I'd like for them to prove me wrong. I'd like to get excited for Blizzard games again. The last time they showed me anything worth being excited about was vanilla WoW, though.

I'm having trouble getting excited about any new MOBAs. The thought of relearning all the champions and items with my limited playtime seems daunting. Plus I have a lot of money I've spent on LoL and it's still fun.

That said, I agree that I'm not sure if Blizzard has it in them to make a great game anymore either.

bjaelke

Completed a game of all for one. Afterwards I was prompted with a quick "survey". Basically had to answer if I found the game mode different from LOL
wtzgU.gif

drawkcaB

garath said:
That said, I agree that I'm not sure if Blizzard has it in them to make a great game anymore either.

Same. I'm not even that big of a Blizzard fan going back to before WoW, so the thought of modern Blizzard trying their hand at a MOBA doesn't float my boat.

The entire MOBA craze is giving me flashbacks to the early-mid 90s with all the fighters that came out after SF2 made it big. I think we're already at the point were the games that will move beyond the fad have already been released (DotA2 and LoL) and unless you're trying to carve out a unique niche from whatever's left of the pie (Awesomenauts, Smite) you've missed the boat regardless of the who the developper is and how much money the publisher is throwing at the game.

Trundle's Q bugged on dragon with the new PBE patch, making it far more risky to sneak in an early dragon than before. Riot please, the one champion I play.

Oh, and an allied Gragas couldn't use his barrel for 90% of the match.

It will be important. It's worth talking about here because the changes and features of these types of games can easily bleed into one another. Reading over HotS info isn't very illuminating.
Ideally, yes. But it's very likely for none of Blizzard's own changes to make into competing games (barring off-shoot modes). As a company they went downhill ever since they announced World of Warcraft and they can't keep up with the times when it comes to updating their own titles, Riot is rather slow at adding features with high demand (replays) or improving 'recent' additions (Dominion, Honor-system) and I doubt Blizzard has anything to teach Valve in terms of game design.

And fuck Blizzard for shuttering Swingin' Ape Studio's anyways. Won't even touch upon WoW, Diablo III and Starcraft II.

Played a One for All game. Wukong (my team) vs. Ezreal.

We won, but holy moly AP Ez hurts.

edit: hey Bind since you're at Blizzcon, could you find out when the hearthstone beta is launching on iPad pls?

Edwardo

If i'm trying to smart ping to the left and my mouse goes up, is that a mouse issue or a mousepad issue. Gonna try with no pad and see what happens.

Works fine without a mousepad, so I guess thats the problem. Good work team!

It's not murder if, as he's bleeding out in your arms, you look down at him and whisper: "Succeeding you, father."

That makes it homage.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
also make sure you update your bnet pages cause heroes of strum beta will come soontm

Dude. That is awesome. Really glad for you. Hopefully this means something cool for us too. =D Sort of sad though cuz this means less time you're on mumble teaching me things about life. T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom