• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked original Trundle, but the new one is much better. I don't tend to like the kind of characters appropiate for the next adjective, but he's fucking badass. His ingame model is sexy too in all of his skins. It's one of the best if not the best rework imo, just fantastic stuff.

New Sejuani and Lissandra are boss too. Howling Abyss is the best map. Freljord patch did so much right. I like to praise good work too.
New Trundle is Riot's worst thematic rework thus far and they made him much less original as a result. Which is a shame because the actual model + VFX work is indeed good (barring one skin).

Old Trundle was a wiley, socially depraved (casted out by his tribe) runt of a troll who took his entire village's plague upon himself so they could be cured. Turns out they needed the plague anyways to stay healthy / alive, so when they begged Trundle (now perceived as a hero) to give their illness back he gave them the middle finger, laughed in their face for how they treated him in the past and wandered off on his own like the gloating asshole he is. New Trundle is... a beefcake ice troll. Who eventually tripped over a magical ice club and offered his loyalty to Lissandra out of fear, but in return he could rule his village through brute force as their new chief. Oh and "HEAR ME ROAR I AM ANGRY TROLL" one-liners with what has to be one of the most grating voices in the game. And look at what they did to Li'l Slugger...

Was Old Trundle disgusting, and not coherent visually with the majority of League's art style (much like Urgot)? Yes, but he sure as hell was a better, more refreshing spin on the troll archetype and far more charismatic than what Riot ended up serving us. The joke is that Riot's excuse was "this direction will offer us new story avenues!" but I guarantee it that they'll never do anything with him again, especially with even IronStylus being hostile (whether complaints were level-headed or not) against passionate fans of the original design combined with his pick rate barely exceeding 1,5 % outside of a free rotation. Which... is exactly where it's been prior to the rework; can't even justify it as a "we want him to be more popular!" move anymore.

I also like most of the other champions you mentioned (Liss, Swain, Karma, Ziggs, Lulu, Jayce, Draven, Malzahar, Sejuani, Thresh, Kog and Yorick) but some of those aren't inspired either despite being well executed audio-visually nonetheless (excluding Varus). Aatrox is hands down Riot's worst creation in every way though; aesthetically he's a horrible 90's comic book reject (think Spawn era only done poorly) with an even goofier sword than Iron Solari Leona's, his kit is generic and dull (akin to their Season 2 'metagolems'), guy sounds like a feeble old man and Riot's storytellers couldn't even sell the supposed fantasy behind him. They made him/it out to be someone who'd raise the morale of troops that are approaching defeat, which gave the impression he'd have one or more abilities to (offensively) boost his allies in some way... Nope, Tryndamere 2.0 with a visible traveling slow + hard-engage gapcloser.

I think Draven is among the best designed champions. He's also super original, who would ever think of a fire dancer wielding spinning axes for combat? He's got originality, good design and personality. Draven does it all.
Gladiator Draven indirectly made it unlikely for us to ever get this skin, with its ult also supposed to be on fire if you take a look in the imgur mirror.

Real salty.

Fuzzery

So of my two losses playing ranked yesterday, one was from a player disconnecting at level 3 and the other was from getting out objectived. The team spent a LOT of time roaming trying to get kills on guys like renekton (where it would be 3+ people trying to kill him) and didn't get a single tower. I secured 2 dragons but it wasn't enough. Obviously the global gold is a big impact as well as the map control from forcing the opponents closer and closer to their base. Our team started to get a little momentum back but regularly failed to follow up any kills with a real objective. So became a loss. No surprise there.

Then the next two games I was jungle and support respectively and I focused on getting the objectives and directing traffic so to speak. Then in both games after establishing a nice lead and getting multiple dragons and every tier 1 tower I hit a wall. I hit this wall every time I play. Where do you go next? I didn't really know. Nor did my team apparently. In fact, I think it's easy to say that gold and lower rarely know how to transition the game into that later game and close out games properly.

I know even challenger teams have this issue - how to close out a game. But strictly from solo queue perspective, what should the team be doing next? Logically I would think you'd start grouping and trying to get Tier2 towers. Maybe split pushing while having 2-3 men gank exposed lanes?

Usually what happens is the team just goes back to farming and often gets picked off 1v1. Or the opponents opt to start grouping and push down our tier 1 towers. Sometimes it works out and my team can keep its lead (maybe because it's a BIG lead or because the opponents get frustrated and keep doing stupid things) but in a game where it's close, this vital transition point for a winning team is the place where you can easily lose.

So in this scenario:

All opponent T1 towers down, just secured dragon, all your lanes are pushed toward enemy T2. What do you do? Group and try for a T2? Sometimes it's really tough to organize a solo queue team. Also sometimes we may be ahead but have a worse teamfighting team so we'd lose a siege. Or they have good waveclear and can hold off a siege with just a couple members while others farm and catch up or push down our towers.

What I usually try to do at this point if I'm support or jungle is start pushing vision into the enemy jungle. Prevent my laners from getting picked off if possible and allow the team to pick off their stragglers. But honestly it's a coin flip if my team can keep the pressure up and I'm often wondering exactly what the team as a whole should be doing next.

Any thoughts?

If you have good poke/long range or are just way fed, just push. Otherwise, clear wards and bait baron

Also what happened to panda stream

The most impressive thing about TotalBiscuit is that he is constantly upset and hostile on social media to just about everyone every single day for literally years. He probably tweets hundreds of times a day. He has almost 90,000 tweets, and huge amounts of them are him angrily responding to people.

It's actually not that hard to be constantly upset when you're always wrong.

I don't mind TotalBiscuit, for better or for worse I appreciate that he tries to open a dialogue and get people talking about issues relating to the industry, even if I rarely (if ever) agree with his position on things. That said, he pretty much always makes the wrong call; I'm waiting for him to weigh in on Heroes of the Storm as being the biggest thing since sliced bread so I'll know it's safe to ignore it.

At this point he just wants to get into DOTA-casting because he's realized that being a late entrant into SC2-casting after Blizzard had already guillotined the competitive scene wasn't the best way forward. He can be painfully transparent like that.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
He explicitly said he doesn't want to do Dota 2 casting because he doesn't know what's going on.

garath

Pretty good rundown. I hadn't heard that Lautemortis had to leave coL. They were easily my favorite to get into LCS. As much as I'd like to see Curse, coL and Coast make it to the LCS I kind of feel like Curse will choose Curse academy and beat them handily then Coast will beat coL to stay in and Quantic will stomp Velocity. coL will be left out again. :(

I think they might have been able to beat Coast with Lautemortis but now it'll be a long shot.

He explicitly said he doesn't want to do Dota 2 casting because he doesn't know what's going on.

Yep, and then a week later he started streaming himself playing DOTA2 and uploading "Single Draft Disasters" to his YouTube channel. I said he's transparent, not necessarily honest.

I think it's more the realization on his part that no one wants to hear him cast DOTA2, because the game already has a decent crop of casters and his name means nothing there. He's trying to get on the Hearthstone train instead now, I imagine, and I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to get out in front of HotS.

Boken

Banned
He'll break out into the moba scene with HotS, but thats mostly because nobodyh else will be there

i hope he hates himself for it

its not like hots is dota/lol

O and, napikins in disguise have disbanded because scuba retired.

nid in disguise, napkins :(

How do you even shoutcast Hearthstone?

And this card is drawn, and he does this for this!

It would be boring as hell.

havent you been watching the chess world finals?

brian!

I guess curse, coL, and quantic are who I want to get in
curse would have this focus on quas and ppl questioning voy all the time which might be fun to watch
coL are just swell dudes who deserve good things
and itd be really amazing if people rallied behind a "korean" team plus locodoco is a god for masturbating on stream and media like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxWMC8WDR9M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7VL_RklTTg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCaCTttxgs0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjdVGvkSDOA
https://twitter.com/Locodoco

I have consumed a lot of locodoco media

How do you even shoutcast Hearthstone?

And this card is drawn, and he does this for this!

It would be boring as hell.

I suppose you just do whatever the Magic: The Gathering tournament casters (yes, it happens, they do it on Twitch even) do, which I can't say I'm familiar with. I'd assume it's basically just 100% color commentary without much in the way of play-by-play? Lots of talking about what combination a player is looking to set up for, and what his opponent is hoping to draw. Why they are(n't) playing a specific card on a given turn. That sort of thing.

I guess a large part of it is just having voice chatter over the gameplay so that there's something to listen to, sort of like Texas Hold 'Em. You just need some sort of audio component to avoid what would otherwise be dead air.

Nev

Banned

Wow is this guy a pro player?

Lautemortis.jpg

8/10 better than Snoopeh. Sexiest pro so far.

brian!

i dont know the pick order for the relegation teams but I don't see people willingly picking quantic for their match

like quantic will probably face velocity if they get through

Boken

Banned
i dont know the pick order for the relegation teams but I don't see people willingly picking quantic for their match

like quantic will probably face velocity if they get through

1. curse
2. coast
3. velocity

also, good news for our eu brothers, riot will be adding 100Gbs bandwith to da server clusters sometime soon

What I'd like to see:

COGnitive Gaming
Gold Gaming LA
Team Coast

What I expect to see:

Team Curse
Quantic Gaming
CompLexity

Even though I like Locodoco, I'd kind of like to see Quantic sent back to Korea with their tail between their legs, and I'm more than a little tired of Curse as an organization. I'd kind of like to see their talent scatter to the winds to shore up other teams.

What I'd like to see:

COGnitive Gaming
Gold Gaming LA
Team Coast

What I expect to see:

Team Curse
Quantic Gaming
CompLexity

Even though I like Locodoco, I'd kind of like to see Quantic sent back to Korea with their tail between their legs, and I'm more than a little tired of Curse as an organization. I'd kind of like to see their talent scatter to the winds to shore up other teams.

Well if Curse Academy make it they'll have to go elsewhere at least since they can't have two LCS teams.

The most interesting thing is who Velocity will pick up since their whole roster got vacated.

I'm gonna be really sad when the changes roll in and my diamond 3v3 ranking doesn't count towards 5v5 normal matchmaking anymore. Then I gotta go back to stomping silvers as opposed to being party to outplaying a team of all plats with one plat on mine and feeling awesome about it.

Newt

I'm gonna be really sad when the changes roll in and my diamond 3v3 ranking doesn't count towards 5v5 normal matchmaking anymore. Then I gotta go back to stomping silvers as opposed to being party to outplaying a team of all plats with one plat on mine and feeling awesome about it.
I don't think it works this way.

Isn't ranked and normal MMR seperate currently?

Blizzard

Banned
Ahri's passive says flat health per enemy hit on the next spell, but the tooltip says the next spell will have 35% spellvamp. Are both things active or is one mislabeled? If the tooltip one is accurate, is it shown on any of her abilities too?

Boken

Banned
ahri's passive is now flat + bonus based on AP

somebody forgot to change the tooltip it seems

send em a report summz

Mothman91

I guess curse, coL, and quantic are who I want to get in
curse would have this focus on quas and ppl questioning voy all the time which might be fun to watch
coL are just swell dudes who deserve good things
and itd be really amazing if people rallied behind a "korean" team plus locodoco is a god for masturbating on stream and media like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxWMC8WDR9M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7VL_RklTTg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCaCTttxgs0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjdVGvkSDOA
https://twitter.com/Locodoco

I have consumed a lot of locodoco media
Why did I watch all those lol.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm probably annoying in ARAM too since I talk too much, but people just seemed MEAN tonight. I had a random person say they mained Ahri, but they were not going to give advice to a noob. They told me if I did not know what to max first, I should be playing a Wii U (which ironically I plan to buy in the next day or two).

I had a person in one game immediately suicide for first blood when they were pinged to retreat...no more than once or twice I think? And they were like "Don't tell me what to do." in chat. I just wanted you to heal so we could get first blood and do the ARAM things! :(

I had one person keep saying that I was using "they" to refer to a person, but "they" is plural.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singular_they
Maybe the person was a prescriptivist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom