• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nev

Banned
That change they made to Lucian...the fact that your Q locks is kinda stupid. In terms of being a skill there's really nothing unique about it. I don't understand why they didn't just reduce the range and make it a skillshot.

- This is a mini Lux ult, we can't be so unoriginal again.
- You're right, this Blade carbon copy needs some unique skills to balance the MF ult 2.0 laziness.
- What if we make it so it locks on?
- That's kind of stupid, counter-intuitive and not rewarding.
- It's fucking different isn't it? Let's just do it, we've to start working on Harley Quinn and Mitsurugi.

DeadNames

Banned
The one that plays Ryze isn't even out yet!

?

- This is a mini Lux ult, we can't be so unoriginal again.
- You're right, this Blade carbon copy needs some unique skills to balance the MF ult 2.0 laziness.
- What if we make it so it locks on?
- That's kind of stupid, counter-intuitive and not rewarding.
- It's fucking different isn't it? Let's just do it, we've to start working on Harley Quinn and Mitsurugi.

Do you even like this game?

brian!

in the past two days there have been two league revenge fantasies on reddit
one where a guy viciously gets revenge by beating someone in magic the gathering
another where someone sits back and watches someone throw down a pun
both were under the premise of "how to deal w/ ragers"
I WONDER WHAT TOMORROW WILL BRING

FODEA

Banned
The Olaf pick/ban is the most interesting one to me. There was a lot of trash-talk about his major rebalance, but he's strong enough he's being run top/jungle agnostic, which is usually a sign of impending nerfs if Zac, Elise, and Aatrox are anything to go by historically. Particularly, I can't see how he couldn't get nerfed going into Season 4 considering how well Jungle Olaf could stand to benefit from the jungle changes.

He got reworked and then in the most recent patch (19 days ago) he was significantly buffed.

An extra 0.5 seconds of slow on the Q, flat mana cost. His W attack speed bonus was doubled at rank 1. His true damage E has had its health cost lowered from 40% to 30%.

Those are 3 pretty significant things.

Boken

Banned
no no, shyvanna is the most interesting.

my gf keeps telling me that shyvanna is op i dont believe it

i dunno why korea keeps playing her

help

mebe shes da counter to lucian siege metagaems

Shyvana top's damn good, but she's not seeing 100-percent pick/ban because her jungle is still hit-or-miss at best. I wouldn't say she "counters" Lucian, though; he's able to kite her perfectly well. You'd rather have an Olaf to dive him, if anything. At the moment she's mostly just picked for being individually strong, but doesn't actually fit into the team compositions using her terribly well. As a result you see a lot of iffy split-pushing and Yakkity-Sax worthy solo diving out of people running her. The fact she's still having an impact despite not playing well in these compositions really is a testament to her raw statistical strength.

I was hoping to see the Syndra and Ziggs pick/bans on slightly higher priority, but I suppose most Koreans still run ganking junglers heavily enough that Syndra at least remains more of a late-draft pick.

Blizzard

Banned
I've probably played Elise at least ONCE before, like 6 months ago or whenever she was free shortly after release.

I got to play her for the first time in ages tonight though, after getting the gold reward skin + champion, and trading for her in an ARAM. She seemed really fun, but I felt like I had no idea what I was doing almost all game. I would just mash smartcast buttons and build tank items and sometimes people would take the damages. My signature move is trying to send out a snare, and instead jumping on enemies.

Boken

Banned
I haven't been able to log in for a good day

go finish the PoE tutorial already

daVui9n.png

EUW have gotten their revenge by bombing the NA servers

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Free RP Riot pls.

(Time for PoE I guess)

Ferga

go finish the PoE tutorial already

EUW have gotten their revenge by bombing the NA servers

I'm level 27 fool.

And I died last night... Boss fight with only 10% life to go...

I sneeze and look away for 2 seconds to blow my nose and I get swarmed by those ranged plant summons and get hit twice by the boss. Dead before I could even get my fingers back on the keyboard. :\

Boken

Banned
Just watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDHCLjuOzXY and all those cares will melt away
wow.
that was......
beautiful

I'm level 27 fool.

And I died last night... Boss fight with only 10% life to go...

I sneeze and look away for 2 seconds to blow my nose and I get swarmed by those ranged plant summons and get hit twice by the boss. Dead before I could even get my fingers back on the keyboard. :\
yo you sound so squishy

ps. kill the extra minions, they hurt.

time to reroll bro

Ferga

wow.
that was......
beautiful

yo you sound so squishy

ps. kill the extra minions, they hurt.

time to reroll bro

I was killing the minions. I was rarely hit during the entire fight.

I was doing fine and practically on full life during my entire playthrough (not counting ES). Didn't think standing idle for 2 seconds would kill me. I wasn't hit by the boss' laser before I died so I didn't think it'll chunk the crap out of me when it did hit.

So sad :\

Boken

Banned
I was killing the minions. I was rarely hit during the entire fight.

I was doing fine and practically on full life during my entire playthrough (not counting ES). Didn't think standing idle for 2 seconds would kill me. I wasn't hit by the boss' laser before I died so I didn't think it'll chunk the crap out of me when it did hit.

So sad :\

o

you were fighting Vaal

thought you were fighting act 3 final boss

yea, dat lazer beam hurts like hell (lightning)
its highly recommended that you max your resistance (lightnining) when fighting him

act3:
piety #1 - lightning resist
general graviicious - fire resistance
piety #1 - fire+lightning resistance, cold resist optional but nice
final bozz - lightning resist, some fiar

I've probably played Elise at least ONCE before, like 6 months ago or whenever she was free shortly after release.

I got to play her for the first time in ages tonight though, after getting the gold reward skin + champion, and trading for her in an ARAM. She seemed really fun, but I felt like I had no idea what I was doing almost all game. I would just mash smartcast buttons and build tank items and sometimes people would take the damages. My signature move is trying to send out a snare, and instead jumping on enemies.
I could help you with learning Elise if you want, provided you're looking for a new top / mid laner rather than a jungler.

Boken

Banned
Its not like mitsurugi isn't just a bloody samurai clone

At least the riot rendition injects miyamoto musashi and sasaki kojiro into the mix.

Although I would've preferred a samurai champloo style reinvention.

Complain what you want, but with the upcoming Japanese server, it only makes more and more sense to have throwback to the most famous Japanese story. It's like ahri and the Korean server.

I'm just surprised they're not saving them for the server launches

Its not like mitsurugi is a fucking inventive character anyway
But League of Legends was a bastion of originality ever since their first 40 champi-

*viking, pirate, barbarian, spartan*
*justice-obsessed angel and her sister the angry fallen angel*
*rock golem, a yeti, a werewolf and a robot with a rocket fist*
*Anubis, Grim Reaper*
*wind deity / fairy, amazon lady with an animal side*
*evil jester, living scarecrow, giant zergling*
*Crunk from Justice Friends, sorta*

Oh.

Yeah the game's roster is a long checklist of cliché's, but from the very beginning Riot primarily opted for very recognizable tropes from all kinds of established settings or cultures. Hell, have some Gragas concept art (1, 2) for good measure.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
problems with unoriginality begin to sprout up when league treads over territory it is already familiar with. there is already a samurai, and his name also starts with a "y". even outside of that, the game is filled with swordsmen.

Boken

Banned
I don't know what master yi is but he's no samurai because wuju is chinese

He doesn't even wear armour dude

But yeah, there are a lot of swords. Yi, Fiora, aatrox, garen, trynd, gangplank has a gun so dats different. Riven doesn't count. Can't think of anybody else right now but there must be. Yi and Fiora are the only ones with plain swords, which a katana would ne

We could've had a kappa throwback monster or an ittan momen

But a samurai is just more respectful ya know? And more universal, cos nobody but nerds know what kappa or ittan momen are.

Ahri didn't have to be universal because she was sexy

bjaelke

Teach me how to Eve

I'm utterly lost every time I pick her

Rush 40 CDR (30 items + 10 masteries). Wait for someone else to initiate and then flank the backline. Your ultimate should be available for every fight. Obviously this only works in ARAM where team fights happen more frequently.

problems with unoriginality begin to sprout up when league treads over territory it is already familiar with. there is already a samurai, and his name also starts with a "y". even outside of that, the game is filled with swordsmen.
That's fair, Riot has their slump periods where kits start blending in while simultaneously new champions aren't standing out visually either. Irelia - Jarvan IV - Volibear - Renekton - Wukong being released in (relatively) quick succession as 'metagolems' being a prime example of that.

They've gotten better with that since Season 2, though they're still skittish when it comes to taking big chances with gameplay concepts.

brian!

you probably dont want riot to try to be original because yi is what happens
n yordlez I guess, but they are kind of inoffensive and just there

Nev

Banned
Lissandra, Swain, Karma (new), Ziggs, Lulu, Jayce, Trundle (new), Draven, Malzahar, Sejuani, Varus, Thresh, Kog Maw, Yorick, Aatrox...

These are the best designed champions for me, and they're all moderately original. They can, it's just that it's easier not to.

I believe they wanted to create some kind of moba crossover with popular characters (that's why the "Legends"), obviously they knew they couldn't get the rights so they just made stupid copies and called it a day.
One would think after being one of the most succesful games of the decade they would try to make their own thing and stand by themselves, but hey, I think Morello, the Ryze and Tryndamere guys were just lucky and have no clue.

Lissandra, Swain, Karma (new), Ziggs, Lulu, Jayce, Trundle (new), Draven, Malzahar, Sejuani, Varus, Thresh, Kog Maw, Yorick, Aatrox...

These are the best designed champions for me, and they're all moderately original. They can, it's just that it's easier not to.

I believe they wanted to create some kind of moba crossover with popular characters (that's why the "Legends"), obviously they knew they couldn't get the rights so they just made stupid copies and called it a day.
One would think after being one of the most succesful games of the decade they would try to make their own thing and stand by themselves, but hey, I think Morello, the Ryze and Tryndamere guys were just lucky and have no clue.

if you think it's so shitty and unoriginal, stop playing then. It's pretty easy.

But honestly, maybe your negativity could be understood if you resembled a person who knew what the fuck thy were talking about half the time.

Like you could not possibly be more wrong about the Lucian stuff, but whatever.

It's getting to the point where I can tolerate soda cop's posts about champions more than yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom