• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my lolking recent matches, I'm 20-6 with Shyvana, almost all of that jungling.

Such balance. Wow.

EDIT: Qualified for my promo series to get into silver 4. Here's hoping I can escape this elo hell I've been in the last few weeks and start climbing again.

ITT "Shyvanna BEST JUNGLER in the game!"
Disclaimer: at silver tier ranked solo queue.

She's strong, but let's not go to such lengths as to claim there is little to no counter-play to her at all levels. Numerous champs (including carries) who aren't really impressed by her, and it sounds like another pre-season 4 blanket statement akin to "traditional supports are useless".

Limited. They'll replace it next month with a new mode.
Riot did mention (I believe) that there's a chance of a popular mode becoming a permanent addition if there's enough demand. Wouldn't be surprised if One-for-All would fit the bill.

Koomaster

Riot did mention (I believe) that there's a chance of a popular mode becoming a permanent addition if there's enough demand. Wouldn't be surprised if One-for-All would fit the bill.
They sort of ruined all for one by not having both teams be the same champ. Too many games end up in mis-matches where there is no way to get around the enemy team's cheese. Like 5 fiddles fearing/silencing your whole team forever, that's fun. At least if your team was also fiddle then you could also do some fear/silence and balance things out.

Jenga

Banned
ITT "Shyvanna BEST JUNGLER in the game!"
Disclaimer: at silver tier ranked solo queue.

She's strong, but let's not go to such lengths as to claim there is little to no counter-play to her at all levels. Numerous champs (including carries) who aren't really impressed by her, and it sounds like another pre-season 4 blanket statement akin to "traditional supports are useless".

I just play Trundle everytime I see Shyvana picked. I don't think people are crying she's WTF OP, but she is REALLY dominant at the moment and anyone without a lot of CC can't contain her at all.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I wild support Poppy appears

GMcSQXq.jpg

I just play Trundle everytime I see Shyvana picked. I don't think people are crying she's WTF OP, but she is REALLY dominant at the moment and anyone without a lot of CC can't contain her at all.
You mah homie now.

In all seriousness: Shyvanna only seems that much worse despite her strengths due to solo queue becoming even more a 'headless chicken zone' with the coming of pre-season 4, in conjunction with her kit being so straight-forward (run up and hit people). Comps with little to no CC suck no matter what though, but there's more than enough options in the champion roster (popular picks or otherwise) to keep Shyvanna in check in lane, in the jungle and in teamfights.

I'm sure there are minor nerfs incoming, but give it a month or so for the average player (at a decent skill level) to properly adapt depending on how many changes the jungle is still going to receive.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i dunno, i have no idea what im supposed to do in those circumstances.

i have no way to stay with my team when the two biggest guys have strong movespeed steroids and feel the need to chase. i felt like i was waiting in midlane to die. which was very frustrating when i was quite a bit ahead of the enemy adc they were trading me for.

Koomaster

Thoughts on Liandry's Torment as a viable item for Caitlyn? Anyone else try this?

Both her w and e have movement impairment abilities thus doubling the burn from LT. And I have also discovered her Q shot procs this burn as well, although I am not sure why. Are all damaging abilities considered 'spells' for LT even if they don't scale off of ap? Even her ult applies the burn.

Been running it the few times I have gotten her for ARAM and have been met with success and usually catches enemies off guard. Especially those that just step on Caitlyn's traps just to get them out of the way. Ended up killing a tank who walked right up to my trap this way. Unleashed everything I had on him and he got away, but the burn finished him off.

Her Q plus LT seems to provide that extra poke in ARAM when either the enemy team won't engage or it would be dangerous to get close to them to auto attack.

I've tried turning her into full AP in one ARAM match, but I wasn't getting the damage needed. But just giving her the Liandry's Torment into a normal build for her seems to do alright.

Just had her again for ARAM and my build was 2 doran's blades, then built the Liandry's, followed by Last Whisper, Berserker's Greaves, and Infinity Edge. Final score was 11/4/21.

Not sure how viable LT would be in a regular match, but something to try out if you get her for ARAM or an One for All match and you want to do something different.

Newt

Thoughts on Liandry's Torment as a viable item for Caitlyn? Anyone else try this?

Both her w and e have movement impairment abilities thus doubling the burn from LT. And I have also discovered her Q shot procs this burn as well, although I am not sure why. Are all damaging abilities considered 'spells' for LT even if they don't scale off of ap? Even her ult applies the burn.

Been running it the few times I have gotten her for ARAM and have been met with success and usually catches enemies off guard. Especially those that just step on Caitlyn's traps just to get them out of the way. Ended up killing a tank who walked right up to my trap this way. Unleashed everything I had on him and he got away, but the burn finished him off.

Her Q plus LT seems to provide that extra poke in ARAM when either the enemy team won't engage or it would be dangerous to get close to them to auto attack.

I've tried turning her into full AP in one ARAM match, but I wasn't getting the damage needed. But just giving her the Liandry's Torment into a normal build for her seems to do alright.

Just had her again for ARAM and my build was 2 doran's blades, then built the Liandry's, followed by Last Whisper, Berserker's Greaves, and Infinity Edge. Final score was 11/4/21.

Not sure how viable LT would be in a regular match, but something to try out if you get her for ARAM or an One for All match and you want to do something different.
Is this a troll post?

Caitlyn barely uses her abilities mid/late game. If you want % damage, why wouldn't you just get a BoTRK?

Leezard

In real matches, it is definitely not viable. You deal more damage with other items since it is multiplicative.
As an ARAM thing, it can work as a gimmick. Unless you really lack in magic damage you are probably better off with another item though.

Koomaster

Is this a troll post?

Caitlyn barely uses her abilities mid/late game. If you want % damage, why wouldn't you just get a BoTRK?
BoTRK costs more than LT; although if I have time I would build it next and get rid of a doran's blade, but the ARAM matches I have played end before I could complete one. LT I can pretty much buy after my first death. The burn is applied as magic damage on LT, which works if an enemy is building armor instead of mr. Plus like I said, enemy's stumble into traps or purposely walk on them. So it gives extra damage even when I'm not around. Doesn't the passive on BoTRK only work if you are auto attacking someone? LT works on all her abilities, two of which give double the burn damage.

Not a troll post, I am skeptical of trying LT in a real match. I was more curious if anyone ever had tried it in a normal match or at all and what the results were for them.

zkylon

zkylewd
BoTRK costs more than LT; although if I have time I would build it next and get rid of a doran's blade, but the ARAM matches I have played end before I could complete one. LT I can pretty much buy after my first death. The burn is applied as magic damage on LT, which works if an enemy is building armor instead of mr. Plus like I said, enemy's stumble into traps or purposely walk on them. So it gives extra damage even when I'm not around. Doesn't the passive on BoTRK only work if you are auto attacking someone? LT works on all her abilities, two of which give double the burn damage.

Not a troll post, I am skeptical of trying LT in a real match. I was more curious if anyone ever had tried it in a normal match or at all and what the results were for them.

nobody tried it because it'd cause your whole team to go afk

Newt

BoTRK is only 300g more than LT.

Anyways, if you're serious, you have to understand that buying LT is complete waste on Caitlyn. The item is already super cost inefficient, and even AP champs only build it if they're having problems with tanks. Cait doesn't need the health, and the AP is useless if the rest of your build is AD. Your Q falls off really hard as Cait so it's basically not worth using later in the game, and if you're using you E offensively you're probably going to lose 2-3 autos -- where the bulk of your damage is coming from anyways.

Liandry is so awful on Cait. Just awful. I wouldn't be surprised if more than one player in your match called you a troll for it. I just... don't even...

Lizard would be better if you really want some kind of burn damage. Even then it's not a good item for Cait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom