• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
Well where else can a girl show only 20% of her skin while playing video games and earn more money than stripping to a Web cam?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
new skarner impressions:
only got around to testing now. he probably won't be a control jungler anymore. heavy farm especially into mid game and high damage. he is pretty much shyvana 2.0. except faster, capable of cc, and a ranged catch that greatly diminished kite potential. with guaranteed attack speed boost it's easy to build damage, and his abilities reset all the time on his passive. easily hit 600 movespeed with swifties+furor.

DeadNames

Banned
new skarner impressions:
only got around to testing now. he probably won't be a control jungler anymore. heavy farm especially into mid game and high damage. he is pretty much shyvana 2.0. except faster, capable of cc, and a ranged catch that greatly diminished kite potential. with guaranteed attack speed boost it's easy to build damage, and his abilities reset all the time on his passive. easily hit 600 movespeed with swifties+furor.

I would love to see Skarner viable. He's by far one of my favorite champions thematically.

Ferga

Oh right I still play this game. I'm waiting for the actual season to start so smart people can tell me what's OP and then I can abuse it and get into Plat :D.

In other news: play the new Zelda game, shit's good.

I finished that game after a day of getting it :\

It's so fun. :(

Blizzard

Banned
I tried some All For One on Howling Abyss to satisfy my craving for 10 identical champions + Howling Abyss.

Sadly it was two different teams and the whole ban thing as usual. It ended up Swain (my team) versus Fiora though. They were not happy with Fiora.

Nekofrog

Banned
Maybe it was just because I was up against a Soraka/Sivir combo, but Taric's early game is kind of painful. Between Mana Battery Soraka and Sivir's constant harass, we weren't doing so hot. By midgame though, it was another story. Tanky as fuck, able to flash into a group/W/Ult, teamfights were clean. Back into quals for Bronze 2 :T

Maybe it was just because I was up against a Soraka/Sivir combo, but Taric's early game is kind of painful. Between Mana Battery Soraka and Sivir's constant harass, we weren't doing so hot. By midgame though, it was another story. Tanky as fuck, able to flash into a group/W/Ult, teamfights were clean. Back into quals for Bronze 2 :T
Sivir pretty much counters Taric, so that's your problem. His early game is good.

drawkcaB

new skarner impressions:
only got around to testing now. he probably won't be a control jungler anymore. heavy farm especially into mid game and high damage. he is pretty much shyvana 2.0.

Any thought on why you think this? His Q damage is the same, his W speed increase and ranged CC make it easier to escape the opposing jungle, and improved shield and persistent attack speed buff make him a better duelist. Is it an issue with his kit, or do you feel it has more to do with the jungle changes in general?

What made you not hate Riot putting more use out of E and removal of permaslows now?

---

Christ, just won against a team with Twitch, Eve and Teemo. We had an Eve too. I went 1v2 using MF against Zyra and Twitch while our Eve and Amumu roamed. It paid off so much since they crippled enemy Eve and Teemo. Managed to get even CS with Twitch but I had to play with so much caution since getting rooted is instant death.

Funny thing is that both Eves still bought SotEL. Permabanning Eve and Teemo. until Riot does something about them, unless I'm playing one of them.

The Zyra went with Frost Queen's Claim. I didn't appreciate the change until now. It worked quite well for peeling and chasing. Not sure if I prefer that over Shard's ally targetting though. Shard is definitely stronger with an initiator like J4, Shyvanna and Amumu.+

Nekofrog

Banned
First time Thresh. That was amazing. I was lead for picks/bans, so I did the standard Blitz/Shen/Malph in hopes of deceiving them and making them forget about Thresh, which they did.

Instantly I called my team to dragon pit, and told them I was going to hook the bush across from it in the enemy jungle. Snagged me a jinx, entire team was ready, and our Kassadin got first blood with everyone getting an assist. It was delicious.

Hooks were all spot on, lanterns were perfect (and people USED them!). The only thing I sucked at was my ult; not used to an AOE ult that only goes off around me. Did use it to kill a Nasus a couple times, but damn if I didn't use it really stupidly most of the time lol.

Edit: also, remembering to retrieve souls is a bitch. I was like a few feet from our first blood Jinx soul and didn't even think to pick it up :\

zkylon

zkylewd
thresh ult takes a while to get used to, specially since sometimes you hook people and ult and they just flash away leaving you looking like an idiot

flailing people into your ult is pretty fun tho

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Any thought on why you think this? His Q damage is the same, his W speed increase and ranged CC make it easier to escape the opposing jungle, and improved shield and persistent attack speed buff make him a better duelist. Is it an issue with his kit, or do you feel it has more to do with the jungle changes in general?
Even if the Q damage itself is the same you are simply going to be using it more often. Skarner will pick up almost a 50% AS increase that the enemy can do nothing about. On live Skarner's combat stat bonuses are easily lost, and it makes his dueling into mid/late game pretty weak. Skarner's W on live is just confused. You want it to close the gap, and to take hits for you, but at the same time once it goes down you lose tons of movespeed and combat stats that aren't up for a very long time. If you didn't manage to close the gap or they get away you can't even auto-attack to lower the cooldown. This is what hurts Skarner the most. His movement is predictable and you can counter most of what he does.

New Skarner has a much higher effective range. It is easier to catch opponents with a shield that is more spammable, offensive stats that can't be taken away, and low cooldowns on all your abilities both on the timers and with AA resets. In the past once Skarner has the gap broken it's easy for the enemy to get away. Now he has tools to prevent that from happening.

Maybe I won't like it because Skarner loses a lot of his identity, but new Skarner will probably be stronger. He's looking at a faster jungle, better duel potential, and the possibility of becoming a damage threat while tanking. Often the slow on his Q was more than needed, so having that taken as a cost for extra damage isn't necessarily a bad trade, just depends on the matchup. Skarner will also have more tools in the late game to be a better initiator. Having a ranged slow presents the opportunity to make super deadly catches, and his movespeed on shield is more of a sharp spike, making his attack more sudden, and his ult grab potentially more dangerous because he can pull you out further.

DeadNames

Banned
First time Thresh. That was amazing. I was lead for picks/bans, so I did the standard Blitz/Shen/Malph in hopes of deceiving them and making them forget about Thresh, which they did.

Instantly I called my team to dragon pit, and told them I was going to hook the bush across from it in the enemy jungle. Snagged me a jinx, entire team was ready, and our Kassadin got first blood with everyone getting an assist. It was delicious.

Hooks were all spot on, lanterns were perfect (and people USED them!). The only thing I sucked at was my ult; not used to an AOE ult that only goes off around me. Did use it to kill a Nasus a couple times, but damn if I didn't use it really stupidly most of the time lol.

Edit: also, remembering to retrieve souls is a bitch. I was like a few feet from our first blood Jinx soul and didn't even think to pick it up :\

Please don't ban Shen and Malphite. Honestly, these are such wasted bans. A little piece of me dies when someone bans Malphite, Shen, or Master Yi.

Nekofrog

Banned
Please don't ban Shen and Malphite. Honestly, these are such wasted bans. A little piece of me dies when someone bans Malphite, Shen, or Master Yi.

I was having a hard time thinking of other "standard bans" that people expect at my elo to try and get Thresh through.

Zukuu

Banned
That's a good topic tho. What do you ban (in solo Q)?

Kassadin is my only must ban.

Otherwise a pool of Shyvanna, Nasus, Jax, Evelynn, Fizz, Blitzcrank (if I play with friends who QQ about him constantly), Jinx (dat objective rush), Riven and others that can easily snowball if fed.

Atm I go for Kassadin, Shyvanna, Nasus as my preset ban set.

DeadNames

Banned
Kass, Riven, Vayne, Nasus, the occasional Jax, and I'll probably start banning Shyvana.

Oh and Blitz. Bot lane will just feed feed feed :(.

drawkcaB

Even if the Q damage itself is the same you are simply going to be using it more often. Skarner will pick up almost a 50% AS increase that the enemy can do nothing about. On live Skarner's combat stat bonuses are easily lost, and it makes his dueling into mid/late game pretty weak. Skarner's W on live is just confused. You want it to close the gap, and to take hits for you, but at the same time once it goes down you lose tons of movespeed and combat stats that aren't up for a very long time. If you didn't manage to close the gap or they get away you can't even auto-attack to lower the cooldown. This is what hurts Skarner the most. His movement is predictable and you can counter most of what he does.

New Skarner has a much higher effective range. It is easier to catch opponents with a shield that is more spammable, offensive stats that can't be taken away, and low cooldowns on all your abilities both on the timers and with AA resets. In the past once Skarner has the gap broken it's easy for the enemy to get away. Now he has tools to prevent that from happening.

Maybe I won't like it because Skarner loses a lot of his identity, but new Skarner will probably be stronger. He's looking at a faster jungle, better duel potential, and the possibility of becoming a damage threat while tanking. Often the slow on his Q was more than needed, so having that taken as a cost for extra damage isn't necessarily a bad trade, just depends on the matchup. Skarner will also have more tools in the late game to be a better initiator. Having a ranged slow presents the opportunity to make super deadly catches, and his movespeed on shield is more of a sharp spike, making his attack more sudden, and his ult grab potentially more dangerous because he can pull you out further.

I think you misunderstood what I was asking. I agree with all your above points, even highlighted them myself albeit more briefly. But you said you don't think he's a control jungler anymore. How so? Improved dueling, improved tools, improved speed. Seems like the tools necessary to get to the opposing jungler are still there, probably better.

Nekofrog

Banned

Otherwise a pool of Shyvanna, Nasus, Jax, Evelynn, Fizz, Blitzcrank (if I play with friends who QQ about him constantly), Jinx (dat objective rush), Riven and others that can easily snowball if fed.

For a lot of junglers, I think it's a waste to ban Shyvana. If you ban Shyvana, I'm just going to go Olaf and give you the same exact hard time you'd have had against her.

zkylon

zkylewd

I just ban champions that annoy me. basically lee sin, tryndamere and rengar. vi is usually on rotation as well.

I also almost always ban whoever I'm told because if I don't they'll irremediably get fed over someone else and the blame will get put on me for some reason.

personally I think banning kassadin is kind of a waste since he's barely even played and you might as well leave him for the other team to ban.

nowadays I think I might start banning ziggs since I don't know how to play against him and I don't want to learn in solo qq

Zukuu

Banned
I just ban champions that annoy me. basically lee sin, tryndamere and rengar. vi is usually on rotation as well.

I also almost always ban whoever I'm told because if I don't they'll irremediably get fed over someone else and the blame will get put on me for some reason.

personally I think banning kassadin is kind of a waste since he's barely even played and you might as well leave him for the other team to ban.

nowadays I think I might start banning ziggs since I don't know how to play against him and I don't want to learn in solo qq
I ban kassadin last for that very reason^^
For a lot of junglers, I think it's a waste to ban Shyvana. If you ban Shyvana, I'm just going to go Olaf and give you the same exact hard time you'd have had against her.

Shyvanna is way better than Olaf tho.

Leezard

Recently I've seen mostly Riven, Nasus, Fizz, Evelynn, Shyvana, Kassadin. So, well, it's kind of the same.

Newt

Just bought Shyvanna, she really takes very little skill compared to other junglers, lol. She can get lvl 6 so fast, it doesn't really matter that she has no cc.

So how am I supposed to use pink wards as a jungler now? Or do I even bother?
You use them the exact same way, whether to clean up objectives from vision or for permanent vision in places you have control of like your own jungle.

You just don't care if they get taken out afterwards.

zkylon

zkylewd
RUMOUR:
KREPO, YELLOWPETE, SNOOPEH TO JOIN VELOCITY

WAT DA FAK
man europe is falling apart, first bjergsen, now this. damn you american money

fortunately sexpeke and the russians are still true to the cause

So how am I supposed to use pink wards as a jungler now? Or do I even bother?
I get the feeling new pinks have a different purpose than old pinks. like, since anyone can just go break them, they're more useful if used defensively on your own jungle where the enemy team has to get into a risky situation to break them. I've been trying doing that these past few games and I think that's the right use for them (aside from dragon/baron stuff), rather than fighting for tri-brush or whatever. just use red trinket for that

Just bought Shyvanna, she really takes very little skill compared to other junglers, lol. She can get lvl 6 so fast, it doesn't really matter that she has no cc.

Yup. How to win bot lane:*

pick Shyvana
get level 6
run to bot, push lane, tower dive them

*only tested in silver

Laughed when my teams Ashe was pinging me away when I said to dive them. Probably didn't realize that I had two levels on the bot lane and both pairs were at half hp. My ult+q basically melted them.

Had the weirdest game just then. Basically bot was on an island, and the top two lanes and jungler weren't really laning but basically fighting. They would invade my red, then we would kill them, then they would kill us. Riven and I were both basically 2-4 but since our Syndra was 4-0 I'd call it a win, barely. Was just back and forward skirmishes for the entire teamfight phase. Luckily our Ezreal ended laning phase 4-0. Then we start fighting. Eventually we get a pick on their support Annie, and we take Baron. But then as we've finished and agreed to go back, our Taric and Syndra are trying to take their blue buff, with me at half health on Shyvana and Riven having lost a bit too. We see their entire team in the top lane coming through to blue, and we're pinging, but they end up getting caught so we cancel our recalls and hope we can win a bad fight because of our buffs. We don't. So now Baron is wasted. We still feel like we're stronger, but the next teamfight started with a 3 man annie tibbers which wrecked us. However, we had the baron timer, and when we spotted Jinx bot we managed to get a second Baron. That lead to an inhib, but then guys got caught and we lost an inhib and almost a second one. We push back out, secure another baron because jinx was split pushing, manage to get back, win a teamfight, run down and end the game.

Shit was intense.

drawkcaB

I get the feeling new pinks have a different purpose than old pinks. like, since anyone can just go break them, they're more useful if used defensively on your own jungle where the enemy team has to get into a risky situation to break them. I've been trying doing that these past few games and I think that's the right use for them (aside from dragon/baron stuff), rather than fighting for tri-brush or whatever. just use red trinket for that

Yeah, that's the impression I get too because pinks are permanent. Pinks are defensive "denial" wards. I was wondering if anyone had been using them in an aggressive manner, because frankly a 180s cd on lens is shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom