• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

KageZero

Hello any gaffers on EUW want to join a ranked team? Nothing too serious or demanding if we are to 5 online instead of doing solo q or normal we can go ranked team for fun. So far we are 3/10 so if anyone else is interested pm me here or ingame.
Nick: ProxyZero (EUW)

Nekofrog

Banned
"top with shen only shen don't ban shen"
leader's third ban is shen
"WTF
WTF
WTF
WTF
I TOLD YOU NO BAN SHEN
I TROLL NOW
YOU LOSE"

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

but more importantly, i've won league of legends!
2Mo4TnH.jpg
Wow.

Newt

You should be turning on Blitzcrank then if you have someone like Alistar, Leona, Thresh or especially Taric backing you up. He'll think twice trying to be cute with his "zoning". Show him nothing but disrespect.
I don't really like laning with tanks like Leona, Taric and Alistar as Draven. The lane becomes too much of a gamble. (Although haven't played with new Taric yet). Thresh is perfect with Draven, but I'm not sure why people think he can hande Blitz. Early levels he's basically as squishy as Sona and if he gets pulled he's dead.

I really like playing against draven as nami because he just puts a bullseye where I should aim my bubbles <3
That's why Ach and I always run Nami/Draven in ranked. If he lands a good bubble, he can E me and cast a W, and then I can Q,Q,E,W,W,W... combo for almost a guaranteed kill depending on the ADC/Support we're up against.

Nekofrog

Banned
Yeah, luckily someone dodged that game at the last second and I got into one where everyone got the role they wanted. At first my ADC seemed pretty bad, was missing a lot of CS by focusing backline CS and autoattacking it till it died, meanwhile the frontline CS was going down to minions. Maybe he just wasn't paying attention, but by 6, Sona Ult + MF Ult = dead Janna and Sivir, everytime.

Once I got a lichbane on Sona, that was it. Nobody could handle us.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't really like laning with tanks like Leona, Taric and Alistar as Draven. The lane becomes too much of a gamble. (Although haven't played with new Taric yet). Thresh is perfect with Draven, but I'm not sure why people think he can hande Blitz. Early levels he's basically as squishy as Sona and if he gets pulled he's dead.
New Taric is pretty safe.

Nekofrog

Banned
Made my first rp purchase for ziggs on sale today. Had a lot of fun with him on free week.

Ziggs is really strong right now. He's not OP, but if you get a lot of his little quirks down you can be an absolute monster. You don't even need to roam very far to have presence thanks to your ult. You just have to use it smartly. Say you want to roam bot to help your botlane, moving halfway down the river (or halfway through your jungle if your botlane is pushed to their tower); if the enemy dives or starts to get overpokey, an ult can be a good initiate for your teammates, or a good disengage.

For midlane, I've gotten countless kills with Ziggs from people who just underestimate my damage. If a Fizz dives me, I immediately satchel charge the both of us (gets me out, locks him up), then instant ult on top of us along with a Q and E, toss in an ignite if you think you need it, and he's done. If he still has his E available to dodge your ult, you throw your ult up a microsecond before your satchel charge.

Ziggs has so much strategy to him that he's a blast to play (pardon the pun). He's my go to midlaner.

Hello any gaffers on EUW want to join a ranked team? Nothing too serious or demanding if we are to 5 online instead of doing solo q or normal we can go ranked team for fun. So far we are 3/10 so if anyone else is interested pm me here or ingame.
Nick: ProxyZero (EUW)

I'm kinda interested, but i play mainly support and i'm really bad at every other role. I'm silver II by the way. Would love to join though!

Burt

Who counters Olaf top now? I haven't lost a lane top with him in weeks, at least since the new items rolled out. But, I haven't played against a Wu either, and I used to struggle bad against him.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ziggs is really strong right now. He's not OP, but if you get a lot of his little quirks down you can be an absolute monster. You don't even need to roam very far to have presence thanks to your ult. You just have to use it smartly. Say you want to roam bot to help your botlane, moving halfway down the river (or halfway through your jungle if your botlane is pushed to their tower); if the enemy dives or starts to get overpokey, an ult can be a good initiate for your teammates, or a good disengage.

For midlane, I've gotten countless kills with Ziggs from people who just underestimate my damage. If a Fizz dives me, I immediately satchel charge the both of us (gets me out, locks him up), then instant ult on top of us along with a Q and E, toss in an ignite if you think you need it, and he's done. If he still has his E available to dodge your ult, you throw your ult up a microsecond before your satchel charge.

Ziggs has so much strategy to him that he's a blast to play (pardon the pun). He's my go to midlaner.
I hate ziggs, I should probably buy him just to pick him and not have to play against him

I played him like 3 times and gotten like 10+ kills in each game so clearly he's op

Agkel

When does self gifting reset? I bought my first 3 mystery gift on the 29th and the 30th has come and gone where I'm at and I still cant buy anymore. "Daily purchase limit blah blah" message over the mystery skin.

DeadNames

Banned
Fucking Akali... Just got dumpstered after shutting her down 0/3... But no, once she got her Lich Bane, Q and R with almost zero counterplay because it's all targeted.

Edwardo

When does self gifting reset? I bought my first 3 mystery gift on the 29th and the 30th has come and gone where I'm at and I still cant buy anymore. "Daily purchase limit blah blah" message over the mystery skin.

Should be 24 hours after each one you buy.

Decided to get a rune page bundle. Any advice on what runes I should be saving for?

At the moment my two pages are:

1 - AD quints, AD marks, Armor seals, MR glyphs
2 - AP quints, MPen marks, Armor Seals, MR glyphs

I'm thinking of getting some Lifesteal quints, Movement Speed quints, scaling MR/Armor runes, maybe some aggressive full ad pages or some mana regen runes, etc. And of course a GP10 page for support.

zanyu

Morgana most underrated champ. If she lands a Dark Binding... GG. Not to mention an amazing teamfight ult.

Lux is practically morganna but more safe and an ult that is good for finishing and safe distance.

Doesn't require the mandatory rushing zhonya's.

Also anyone that mains Swain? I am not a typical mid laner, just been practicing and been feeding lol.

Edwardo

Decided to get a rune page bundle. Any advice on what runes I should be saving for?

I'm thinking of getting some Lifesteal quints, Movement Speed quints, scaling MR/Armor runes, maybe some aggressive full ad pages or some mana regen runes, etc. And of course a GP10 page for support.

I have 3 pages.

My ad page is lifesteal quints, ad reds, armor yellows, mr blues

My ap page is the same as yours

My support page is gold quints, armor reds and yellows, mr blues

I was thinking in investing in some movespeed quints soon and another page for jungling.

Macattk15

Oi, Zombie Brand is fucking awesome.

Too bad Brand fucking sucks.

That's what everyone said about Ziggs ... now he's gettin' all that pro play!

I do quite well with Brand in solo queue anyway ... shits out AoE damage.

Only thing that stinks about him is that his ult can be unpredictable in its damage.

faridmon

Hi guys. Just recently started (about a week in) and I am so shit right now. I still have difficulty killing Champions and I do get killed easily.
So far I am just playing against bots in 5v5 matches, but mos of the time, My teammates are the ones who are doing the killing and I am the one who keep dying a lot.

Is the best practice just to play the game more, or do I have to look for guides and read it?
I hate Guides btw and they do give me headache with their terminology and whatnot.

Agkel

lepoop, second day of mistery gift:

Commando Garen
Grungy Nunu
Tango Evelynn

All in all, Ive gotten ok skins that I don't dislike but 4/6 have been 520 RP skins :(
One 750 and the other 975RP

edit: So far I'm negative 1040RP had I waited for those skin sale, maybe even more considering I probably would not have bought those skins. So with that I hang my gambling with Mystery gifting.

tm24

Mid claimed to be a smurf and i didnt feel like laning against a Viktor, so i went support instead. By end game, i believed he was a smurf

Also, first time playing zyra since the changes and man, Spellthief is such a fun item. Once you get frostfang the gold just starts piling up with the vines

The WC3 finals were a mess, but it seems to have sorted itself out, and they've got the OGN casters for LoL. Probably worth a watch for the professional level Chinese jungle Fiddlesticks alone, to see if it actually works against the Koreans or not.

bjaelke

The WC3 finals were a mess, but it seems to have sorted itself out, and they've got the OGN casters for LoL. Probably worth a watch for the professional level Chinese jungle Fiddlesticks alone, to see if it actually works against the Koreans or not.
Definitely better now. The 3rd place final was toned down in quality to handle the pressure.

zkylon

zkylewd
Jacky retiring, iG winning iem. Gotta say, today is a good day.
why do you hate frost :(

gp10 quints are really cheap, but not worth it for supports, specially with the amount of money they're getting right now. flat hp quints are really good for tanky supports, I'm gonna try ap runes too on like sona/lulu

right now I'm trying doing ap quints, mpen reds, hp/lvl yellows and ap/lvl blues with safe mids like ori and syndra. it's probably not the best of ideas but I have more ip than I know what to do with

I also run mp5 yellows, ms quints and hybrid pen reds sometimes. none of those are weird, but they're all options in mid. I'd love having some cdr runes but those are like 800 a piece and they feel like a waste of ip

I read a good idea where you pink your own buffs. Too risky for an enemy to spend time taking it out and keeps your buffs warded. Seems better doing it this season.

You're right in that he's fairly squishy at first, but Thresh brings so much more to the team than a do-or-die one-trick pony that's easily bullied out of the lane with a bit of co-ordination. Which is usually the root of the problem whenever I see the tanky supports lose to Blitzcrank, with solo queue being ripe for miscommunication. Hell, just go full defense on him if need be and you're set.

Leona shouldn't have issues alongside an aggressive ADC, neither should pre-season 4 Taric and even Alistar (with his share of problems) has no immediate reason to be afraid. Wouldn't say these are gamble lanes as long as the both of you are on the same page.

Really wish I knew how to play Ziggs right on Summoner's Rift. Felt Riot nailed his design overall (initial skill quirks notwithstanding) and ironically I could carry Dominion matches (with rampant Kassadin - Wukong - etc usage) back when I tried to play both as often as I could, but he simply doesn't 'click' with me during the laning phase on SR. And it's not like I'm foreign to similar poke champs either: used to main Lux and Xerath too previously.

Doesn't help that the only die-hard Ziggs streamer I know of is Phantoml0rd, so I can't really turn to tolerable players that explain their thought-process.

Hi guys. Just recently started (about a week in) and I am so shit right now. I still have difficulty killing Champions and I do get killed easily.
So far I am just playing against bots in 5v5 matches, but mos of the time, My teammates are the ones who are doing the killing and I am the one who keep dying a lot.

Is the best practice just to play the game more, or do I have to look for guides and read it?
I hate Guides btw and they do give me headache with their terminology and whatnot.
Just keep practicing and stick to champions you enjoy. Proper guides are good stepping stones if you want to get better at a certain role or champion, but you shouldn't concern yourself with that right about now.

zkylon

zkylewd
I read a good idea where you pink your own buffs. Too risky for an enemy to spend time taking it out and keeps your buffs warded. Seems better doing it this season.

yea that's what I was thinking, use pinks to ward your own jungle, doesn't even have to be buffs but jungle entrances. I'm unsure of pinks staying visible+forever tho. I kinda like it because it's different enough it's sort of fun, but they feel really weird.

Really wish I knew how to play Ziggs right on Summoner's Rift. Felt Riot nailed his design overall (initial skill quirks notwithstanding) and ironically I could carry Dominion matches (with rampant Kassadin - Wukong - etc usage) back when I tried to play both as often as I could, but he simply doesn't 'click' with me during the laning phase on SR. And it's not like I'm foreign to similar poke champs either: used to main Lux and Xerath too previously.

Doesn't help that the only die-hard Ziggs streamer I know of is Phantoml0rd, so I can't really turn to tolerable players that explain their thought-process.
not that much to him, poke or win trades because of passive+syndra like dps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom