• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
tumblr_mx93o1AIkv1qf98rzo1_500.jpg

LCGeek

formerly sane
also I'm pretty fucking annoyed at how terrible brushes are now. I mean seriously how did they fuck them up so bad, it's not even weird angles or anything, just placing a single ward in bot lane brushes is a gamble

There's a funny irony to that considering they changes brushes so it didn't happen. I swear riot don't test well enough with some of their concepts to see problems like this.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i take it back. i don't think lulu is good against almost all the supports that are played right now, especially the ones that are popular/strong.

ALN1031

There's a funny irony to that considering they changes brushes so it didn't happen. I swear riot don't test well enough with some of their concepts to see problems like this.

Yeah, Riot has a ton of things that go wrong with every patch. Unless I'm crazy, every patch in the last little while has had some problem with it so far... I'm hoping this is because the game client is old and crappy and they're coding a new up to standards one, rather than their coders being bad.

I think n°1 reason of unnecessary deaths is helping too much. see your ally leona randomly charging into 4 dudes while you have no mana or ult? "eh, I'll just give her a hand, I'm sure I'll get out ok" turns into a double kill, a turret and dragon. just let dumb people die, you're not helping them by helping them anyways

my list right now is:
- always start dorans
- never go back to lane without more fighting potential (ap/armor/mr/etc)
- better to flash early than hold it too long (specially against jarvans, khazix, etc.) <- this applies to so much in life
- respect the opponent's flash
- always let my jungler take all the risk in a gank
- if i don't want a gank just ping him off
- don't accept blue buff if i'm pushed to turret
- don't be stupidly aggressive
- if I know/feel the gank's coming (minute 3.30-4, 7-8, right after an enemy gank top or a friendly gank mid) just be passive and don't get baited, even if I miss on a kill

it kinda helps to write this shit down

Depends.

At laning phase, the laners should almost always be in their own lanes so that is not an issue, so the only factor is most likely the jungler. Ward when he is visible on the map somewhere else.

When laning phase ends, it is more complicated. Some techniques are asking teammates to come with you, keeping steady ward coverage and then making sure you replace the wards before they time out so you have no loss of vision in between, waiting until after a fight when everyone's sure to be recalling or dead, and such. You might see in professional games that when a team wins a fight, they might immediately charge into the enemy jungle and ward up. Basically, you have to be wary and catch situations where either no one can feasibly catch you outnumbered, or the enemy is pre occupied.

These really just come with practice, or you can watch streams and watch with an analytical mind, not purely for entertainment.

Thank you for the advices!
I'll try and go apply them. Gotta save them on txt file too to remember them.

zkylon

zkylewd
yup, I usually am very forgiving for riot's fuckups but this is too shit. like seriously you can't see inside the damn brushes when the ward is just fucking there. it's super annoying

Snipping the brushes was the lazy/easy way to fix the vision edging thing with wards.
well "fixing" it to work over corners and whatever wouldn't be much an improvement over having smaller brushes. in fact smaller brushes are kinda nicer since it makes ambushes a bit riskier (camping blue buff brush doesn't give you vision of the other side of the wall).

Thank you for the advices!
I'll try and go apply them. Gotta save them on txt file too to remember them.
not helping people takes a lot of practice to get used to lol.

I have a "be more selfish" point also on my list which is meant to address that issue. it's specially important if you're playing a damage role like mid or adc, I die a lot because I try to help people that are beyond saving, etc. just let them die and spam laugh from turret >:D

Boken

Banned
PXz0BVf.png

PANDORA.TV OGN CHAMPIONS - http://www.twitch.tv/ongamenet
jrGkFZp.png

t1386322200z4.png

2X9dSvs.png

t1386408600z4.png

(OMG OMG SKT T1 K v CJ Blaze)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NA LCS PROMO QUALIFIER (hosted by WellPlayed) - http://www.twitch.tv/wellplayed
The Teams: http://na.lolesports.com/articles/nas-top-challengers-battle-it-out-group-stage
  • To Be Determined
  • compLexity
  • COGnitive Gaming
  • The Walking Zed
  • Quantic Gaming
  • vVv Gaming
Round Robin - Best of One - Only the top 3 will get the chance to play against relegated LCS teams for a spot in the LCS.

Full Schedule: [Here]

Day 1
WUB0HKS.png

t1386378000z4.png

Day 2
NWBQjkE.png

t1386464400z4.png

Day 3
w0weiLW.png

t1386550800z4.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EU LCS PROMO QUALIFIER (hosted by WellPlayed) - http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_lol
The Teams: http://na.lolesports.com/articles/eu-challenger-group-stage-commences
  • Copenhagen Wolves
  • TCM-Gaming
  • Kiedy&#347; Mia&#322;em Team
  • Salade Tomate Oignon
  • SUPA HOT CREW XD
  • Karont3 e-Sports Club
Round Robin - Best of One - Only the top 3 will get the chance to play against relegated LCS teams for a spot in the LCS.

Full Schedule: [Here]

Current Leaders:
Copenhagen Wolves
SUPA HOT CREW XD
TCM-Gaming
Day 2
B7JtcEa.png

t1386349200z4.png

Day 3
S7VLNbE.png

t1386435600z4.png

-----------------------

BONUS CONTENT
Here is a flowchart which tracks all the roster changes made in EU/NA scene so far:

Zynx

Yah, like I mentioned earlier, I'm also looking forwards to SKT T1 K vs CJ Blaze. And despite already qualifying, K has a big incentive to win to keep S's hopes alive.

So, Riot is considering a nerf to fiddles and rammus's fear/taunt.

But what about stuff like Veigar's event horizon?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
yuh he probably flew to na rite after ogn
he gets bored of korea i bet. he just wants to play draven/naut bot lane on na.

also: banshee's veil is a cool item. i need to buy this thing more.

Rosenskjold

If anyone else is climbing bronze on EUW, I'm currently in div3, add me and we can do some duo queue. I play leona support pretty much every game :p

pianoguy

So after getting to silver 4 it was a bit of a shame. I lost 3 games, then won 3 up to 54 LP, then lost 4 in a row to get demoted. I wasn't having any of that though. The Varus game was where I got demoted (I clearly deserved to lose that):

BRIn6Z2.png

Went back to spamming Shyvana jungle, farming up a storm. Still not sure which build I like best. First few games I rushed Botrk, but the last game I played I rushed Triforce->randuins+spirit+boots2->Frozen Mallet. I feel like maybe a build with Triforce+Botrk+Mallet would be particularly effective for sticking on the carries.

Also for a team with roughly 50/50 magic/ad damage, what itemization is the best on Shyvana? Last game I went Randuins+Spirit+Mallet+Warmogs+Mercs+TF, thinking that health would be good considering Shyvana's passive armor and mr. Is that correct?

Koomaster

not helping people takes a lot of practice to get used to lol.

I have a "be more selfish" point also on my list which is meant to address that issue. it's specially important if you're playing a damage role like mid or adc, I die a lot because I try to help people that are beyond saving, etc. just let them die and spam laugh from turret >:D
Yeah this is good to learn. I play support pretty much all the time if I can and I have such a; 'I need to help that poor lost soul' mindset that is hard to break. Took me a while to differentiate between; 'Oh that person needs my help.' and 'That person is an idiot and a lost cause, I'm getting my ass out of here.'

I still get yelled at; 'Noob support doesn't help.' but I realize I am being yelled at by an idiot who thought he could 1v5 under an enemy turret and there was nothing I could have done except feed the enemy team an extra kill.

Sometimes you have to ping a warning and gtfo. I still make an honest attempt to help if I can if reason suddenly takes over and they want to escape. But I will gladly let them die for their mistakes if I realize there is nothing I can do.

The thing I hate in rank is when I'm the "captain" and have to ban.

Becaus eit means that others are *supposed* to be worse than me...
Needless to say I always lose those games but always win when I'm last in pick order :'(

zkylon

zkylewd
The thing I hate in rank is when I'm the "captain" and have to ban.

Becaus eit means that others are *supposed* to be worse than me...
Needless to say I always lose those games but always win when I'm last in pick order :'(
I just please everyone since every time I don't I get a year's worth flaming when they do pick that amumu or whatever

if no one says anything tho, I love being captain and banning all them fucking junglers <3

garath

So after getting to silver 4 it was a bit of a shame. I lost 3 games, then won 3 up to 54 LP, then lost 4 in a row to get demoted. I wasn't having any of that though. The Varus game was where I got demoted (I clearly deserved to lose that):

BRIn6Z2.png

Went back to spamming Shyvana jungle, farming up a storm. Still not sure which build I like best. First few games I rushed Botrk, but the last game I played I rushed Triforce->randuins+spirit+boots2->Frozen Mallet. I feel like maybe a build with Triforce+Botrk+Mallet would be particularly effective for sticking on the carries.

Also for a team with roughly 50/50 magic/ad damage, what itemization is the best on Shyvana? Last game I went Randuins+Spirit+Mallet+Warmogs+Mercs+TF, thinking that health would be good considering Shyvana's passive armor and mr. Is that correct?

Shyvana jungle is so good right now.

Do you get a jungle item? I still get ancient golem first with her, then I usually go sunfire. I don't really like botrk on her too much anymore. I almost rather just build straight tank and make a nuisance of myself. I still rack up kills as her base damages are pretty darn good. Triforce would be the best damage item right now for her imo with a hydra second. Gotta get that AE :)

Doesn't matter too much. She's going to get nerfed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom