• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
you're in bronze because you don't carry.

thats pretty much the end of it. you cant expect to climb out with 8/9, 11/9, 1/3, 2/6 scores. that's not carrying. you have to be the reason your team wins if you want to climb, that's the only way.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Edit: Also, get drunk, buy Brolaf, and role play him, especially if you're the only male champ in the game. That always lightens everyone's mood.
A2IdeSB.jpg

FODEA

Banned
it applies everywhere.

if you arent the reason your team is winning, you shouldn't complain when you lose.

There are times when you can have a very positive score... over a large sample size it's no excuse but a game here or there? It is a valid excuse for that particular game.

brian!

it applies everywhere.

if you arent the reason your team is winning, you shouldn't complain when you lose.

yeah for sure, im just trying to figure why i suck at the game
and yuh "the reason your team is winning" def means things beyond your score, can be a series of moments that provided an easy environment for carrying out a win, culd be 1 single good decision in a slew of bad decisions made throughout the game, etc.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
There are times when you can have a very positive score... over a large sample size it's no excuse but a game here or there? It is a valid excuse for that particular game.
well, we're talking about being stuck at an elo. a game here and there isnt going to be relevant to that.

plus there's more to it to score, if you dont want to be a ksing hyper carry, play a jungler who can solo every dragon or an afk splitpushing monster. gg.

zkylon

zkylewd
I would have been perfectly fine losing that game if our Darius hadn't been AFK and lost like 4 early levels due to it.

If anyone wants to see a replay of it and judge my performance, go ahead. Mind you that we were dealing with a losing bot lane and an AFK toplane who fell behind because of it.

I'm not saying I'm the best or a pro player, but please at least watch me play before you say I "deserve" to be in bronze because I'm bad and that I'm doing "90% of things wrong"..

Replay:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B84C-X0poYLHWTNWbnllb1QwcEk/edit?usp=sharing
lolreplay is really wonky for me so your replay it's not working

you probably don't want my advice anyways

Just don't play ranked then. It's amazing how many fewer assholes there are in normals compared to ranked, and ranked just isn't worth the headache 95% of the time. I don't find the "rewards" remotely justifiable relative to the player base it exposes you to. In normals, it's really rare to find someone that's legitimately trolling (especially if you fill or volunteer for bot), and the worst situation that pops up with any regularity is a duo bot that doesn't do well maybe one game out of ten.

Playing to go up in rank is like playing games just to get achievements, it's sacrificing fun and subjecting yourself to virtual hell for a little badge that doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Just judging from your posts, it looks like you're doing way too much harm to your blood pressure and general state of mind over some worthless bullshit. Being able to have fun in doing your best each game without worrying too much about the penalties of losing due to others or kicking yourself for a blown play is infinitely more enjoyable than the alternative.

Edit: Also, get drunk, buy Brolaf, and role play him, especially if you're the only male champ in the game. That always lightens everyone's mood.
yup, it's not worth it if you're hating it. people in normals are douchebags just the same tho

and yuh "the reason your team is winning" def means things beyond your score, can be a series of moments that provided an easy environment for carrying out a win, culd be 1 single good decision in a slew of bad decisions made throughout the game, etc.
totes. that's why I say playing riven or jax isn't necessarily carrying. just carry your own way, as long as you do a good amount of positives eventually you should get there. it might take long doe

erragal

I guarantee you that I'm doing more than just 10% things right. As to your question? Yes, the majority of my games are full of afkers, trolls, and ragers. You don't have to believe me, I experienced it daily. That's why I stopped playing. If I was losing fairly to a team that outplayed me I'd be perfectly fine with it and move on. It's the idiots who constantly ruin the game for me (like last night, THREE of them on my team trolling) that make me stop playing for extended periods.

It's pretty easy to sit at a higher tier and say "lol ur bronze ur bad" without actually having seen any of the games.

As someone that was playing in Bronze at the end of season 2 and got to gold solely playing support: You aren't playing well enough.

How do I know? Because you -think - you're playing well enough. Get your head out of your ass and expect more from yourself. Become the general of your team, teach them to use the map, communicate. Learn to be more than just able to win your lane against subpar players... when I was finally able to get Gold I was hard carrying 75% ofvmy games from support... 5 of my last 7 games before promotion I had 1 v 2 kills in botlane. Yet every game I was more caught up in my mistakes and miscues and missed opportunities than patting myself on the back...challenge yourself more!

The other thing which I already tried to point out to you: why are you even worried so much about the trolls. Logic and sense will tellvyou that after enough games your opponents will have just as many permutations of bad luck. Your bad record just says your opponents are winning more of their noise gamed than you...which means you must be missing something.

Assuming because you can't see your mistakes that you have none is the number onr barrier to your improvement as a player.

garath

Hah, he's my goto jungler anyhow.

Legit advice. You die too much. I'm sure a lot of it happens in later teamfights but when I looked at my own play, the biggest thing I changed to improve my game was the number of times I die. It is NOT WORTH feeding the enemy kills especially if you can't rely on your team.

Looking through your history you die a minimum of 5 time in almost every game. That's a big issue. Especially the ones where it's 8-9 times. That's potentially 1200+ gold you've given the enemy team.

Same applies to me:

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/28541575#history

My only losses were ones where I had 8+ deaths. The others were less than 3 deaths and wins.

FODEA

Banned
I would have been perfectly fine losing that game if our Darius hadn't been AFK and lost like 4 early levels due to it.

If anyone wants to see a replay of it and judge my performance, go ahead. Mind you that we were dealing with a losing bot lane and an AFK toplane who fell behind because of it.

I'm not saying I'm the best or a pro player, but please at least watch me play before you say I "deserve" to be in bronze because I'm bad and that I'm doing "90% of things wrong"..

Replay:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B84C-X0poYLHWTNWbnllb1QwcEk/edit?usp=sharing

Do you have a replay of a game without an AFK? On my phone and not home ATM but I'd be willing to watch and give tips for a 5v5 game. 4v5s are kinda funny anyways and you prob won't learn much from them.

Nekofrog

Banned
4Bdv9jy.jpg

Mid lane fed super hard (Annie had at least 12 kills by mid game, with Nid having none). Bot lane did fine, top lane was feeding early on but turned it around with a shutdown, then Elise never stopped. I'm totally convinced dorans blade start on Olaf is the only way to Olaf now.No tenacity, but it wasn't a problem when I was so goddamn tanky to begin with.

Most of my deaths came from teamfights, 2 were early on due to bad ganks, and one was from a random DC I had (aren't you supposed to run back to base when DC'ed? Cause I didn't).

As for full 5v5 replays, not many, I just got a new hard drive and started from scratch.

edit: here's one from a couple weeks back, it was only my second or third Fizz game ever. Probably made a ton of mistakes due to my inexperience with him and his mechanics.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B84C-X0poYLHTTg1a3pFRkE5V3M/

drawkcaB

Legit advice. You die too much. I'm sure a lot of it happens in later teamfights but when I looked at my own play, the biggest thing I changed to improve my game was the number of times I die. It is NOT WORTH feeding the enemy kills especially if you can't rely on your team.

This is among the best tips to other players. A nearby teammate got caught 1v3? 80% of the time you're better getting your own ass safe then diving in to help. It's the difference between being down one kill and being down two kills and an objective. Low health at your own tower and under pressure during lane phase? B. It's the difference between a tower being down to very low health and a kill and a destroyed tower. Etc., etc.

Low level games aren't won, frankly, they're lost. So if you don't run into bad situations, that's one less person on your team that's throwing.

garath

4Bdv9jy.jpg

Mid lane fed super hard (Annie had at least 12 kills by mid game, with Nid having none). Bot lane did fine, top lane was feeding early on but turned it around with a shutdown, then Elise never stopped. I'm totally convinced dorans blade start on Olaf is the only way to Olaf now.No tenacity, but it wasn't a problem when I was so goddamn tanky to begin with.

Most of my deaths came from teamfights, 2 were early on due to bad ganks, and one was from a random DC I had (aren't you supposed to run back to base when DC'ed? Cause I didn't).

As for full 5v5 replays, not many, I just got a new hard drive and started from scratch.

Oddone swears by the double dorans Olaf now. You can always get Merc treads instead of tabis for some tenacity.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
you see, its interesting to me that you dont give credit to nidalee for helping to win that game.

OpLw7kS.jpg

Nekofrog

Banned
Actual 5v5 replay is up. But, like I said, was new to Fizz and his playstyle in SR. Any constructive criticism is welcomed, but I don't play Fizz a lot so I'm not sure how I'll be able to apply it if it's Fizz specific.

you see, its interesting to me that you dont give credit to nidalee for that game.

OpLw7kS.jpg

I'm not taking anything away from her, I just indicated that she fed a lot super early. Even she was amazed at how badly she was losing.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
boy it is really hard to tell if the changes for season four are fun when you have all these champions that are super broken right now.

Fuzzery

Just don't play ranked then. It's amazing how many fewer assholes there are in normals compared to ranked, and ranked just isn't worth the headache 95% of the time. I don't find the "rewards" remotely justifiable relative to the player base it exposes you to. In normals, it's really rare to find someone that's legitimately trolling (especially if you fill or volunteer for bot), and the worst situation that pops up with any regularity is a duo bot that doesn't do well maybe one game out of ten.
Yeah take it easy for awhile if you're going on tilt and it's affecting your mood, you'll play a lot better when you're mentally fresh and not being bothered by anything.

Anyways, as other people have said, just pick a hypercarry. Then you won't even care if ppl afk 4v5

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i played draven once.
bought 4 bloodthirsters.
won.

i second newts suggestion, even though my heart belongs to the emo archer.

The way I got out of bronze was I mained j4 jungle/top and zed mid. Varus/nami if I had to bot lane. The thing with zed/j4 is not that they're hyper carries or anything, but they're extremely safe. Take zed. He has one if the safest laning phases I've experienced, with no resource bar (ok energy whatever), long range poke for easy harass or Cs, an escape, and extremely easy farm under turret. Take j4. Very easy to farm, tanky, good trade potential, an escape. Both of these champs are very easy to play without feeding. The one thing I did well was I almost never fed. I've had games where I had no deaths and we still lost, and regularly have the least deaths in the game. If you can just not feed and take the easy kills, you will never be the direct cause of your team's loss and will often help them win.

Also you said you only play one ranked game every session or so because you're frustrated. If you want my advice, if you're truly better than bronze players, play many ranked games so your "bad luck" is averaged out.

FODEA

Banned
I've been home a little bit, I'll check out the Fizz replay. Fizz is a great pubstomp champ for mid, if you end up mid or don't mind calling it... Fizz is one of the better mids to learn even after his nerfs in my opinion.

I also added you, should I be adding others who play on NA? Do you guys mind?

:D

*takes notes*

Yea the first thing I noticed when i moused over the new mastery options was that movespeed. Without even looking, I felt like that was going to be a requirement for just about all the junglers and adc's, and a lot of the "I need closing speed" tops like Riven, Jax, Irela and Garen.

Mhmm. Running it 100% of the time on Gangplank anyway. When he's fast it's so fun. Edit: Some day I'll justify not using my 14% crit rune page on him. Today is not that day.

My will power to not buy Officer has paid off. Neon Strike shall be mine with zero hesitation.

Yeppppp. So pleased. :D

Boken

Banned
should I buy vi just for the skin?

I think I should

I mean

I already bought the rp
yes
thats what im gonna do
maybe ill start jungling too
Hmm. If I don't carry often in normals, does that mean I should hold off on starting ranked?
it depends what your aspirations are

normals still use MMR - that you dont carry often just means that you are where you should be

if youre unable to accept that the rank you get in ranked might actually represent what you think your skill level is - then i'd avoid ranked.

you play ranked because on average, people are more serious which allows you to try to improve, and to get direct feedback from the system on your own skill progression

if you want to play ranked cos "im gonna get gold" you might have a bad time

zkylon

zkylewd
Hmm. If I don't carry often in normals, does that mean I should hold off on starting ranked?
pretty much what boken said, ranked is to get an official score for your play. it might (probably) not be what you think it is and be upset by it, and that's no good. then again you can play more, etc.

I should probably spam ranked these days, the meta shifted in a way that really favors how I play, see if I can reach plat so instead of "you're only a gold scrub" people can tell me "who did you buy your account from"

yeeea so worth

yes
thats what im gonna do
maybe ill start jungling too
yea that ain't happening but maybe she's awright top. I kinda hate all bruisers because I feel I never do any damage :I

zkylon

zkylewd
also I'm pretty fucking annoyed at how terrible brushes are now. I mean seriously how did they fuck them up so bad, it's not even weird angles or anything, just placing a single ward in bot lane brushes is a gamble

Just played a 3v3 with a silver and gold on my team and we wrecked a diamond team. Their Singed goes AFK and Riven whines. Trundle calls her out, and she tells him to shut up because he's silver.

Why oh why would you ever insult the elo of someone that just beat you? Is the inherent contradiction not immediately apparent?

Such sore losers.

ALN1031

Looking through your history you die a minimum of 5 time in almost every game. That's a big issue. Especially the ones where it's 8-9 times. That's potentially 1200+ gold you've given the enemy team.

Same applies to me:

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/28541575#history

My only losses were ones where I had 8+ deaths. The others were less than 3 deaths and wins.

This. I found that to make my gameplay better, I had to focus not on doing flashy plays, and whatnot, and while I certainly did flash plays in lane, the best way I've improved I think, is by minimizing my mistakes.

Not going in on a risky play, not trying to go too aggressive, knowing your champion's limits, stuff like this. There was a ranked game where I lost where about 40 minutes in, I got a comment from the support asking how I only died once, and it wasn't like I wasn't in the fights, I had the most kills that game and the team tried very hard to kill me. When they finally did, we lost the game.

So yeah, not dying is one of the best focuses you can have in the game. Once you've learned how to not die, you will recognize opportunities where the opponent could've killed you and you didn't let them because you recognized it. When you can do this, you can recognize the same opportunities that the enemy gives you and you can capitalize on it.

Boken

Banned
can confirm,
i lose a lot by making really risky plays (and then trying to make more risky plays hehe)

risk can carry you sometimes
but you'll lose less games playing safe

Fuzzery

can confirm,
i lose a lot by making really risky plays (and then trying to make more risky plays hehe)

risk can carry you sometimes
but you'll lose less games playing safe

Risky plays usually pay off a lot more at lower elo, then you can carry hard

This. I found that to make my gameplay better, I had to focus not on doing flashy plays, and whatnot, and while I certainly did flash plays in lane, the best way I've improved I think, is by minimizing my mistakes.

Not going in on a risky play, not trying to go too aggressive, knowing your champion's limits, stuff like this. There was a ranked game where I lost where about 40 minutes in, I got a comment from the support asking how I only died once, and it wasn't like I wasn't in the fights, I had the most kills that game and the team tried very hard to kill me. When they finally did, we lost the game.

So yeah, not dying is one of the best focuses you can have in the game. Once you've learned how to not die, you will recognize opportunities where the opponent could've killed you and you didn't let them because you recognized it. When you can do this, you can recognize the same opportunities that the enemy gives you and you can capitalize on it.

I also die too much :(
Like I'm going to ward peacefully and BAM! I got ganged by 4 guys of the enemy team. Happen all the time.
How does one ward "safely"

zkylon

zkylewd
I think n°1 reason of unnecessary deaths is helping too much. see your ally leona randomly charging into 4 dudes while you have no mana or ult? "eh, I'll just give her a hand, I'm sure I'll get out ok" turns into a double kill, a turret and dragon. just let dumb people die, you're not helping them by helping them anyways

my list right now is:
- always start dorans
- never go back to lane without more fighting potential (ap/armor/mr/etc)
- better to flash early than hold it too long (specially against jarvans, khazix, etc.) <- this applies to so much in life
- respect the opponent's flash
- always let my jungler take all the risk in a gank
- if i don't want a gank just ping him off
- don't accept blue buff if i'm pushed to turret
- don't be stupidly aggressive
- if I know/feel the gank's coming (minute 3.30-4, 7-8, right after an enemy gank top or a friendly gank mid) just be passive and don't get baited, even if I miss on a kill

it kinda helps to write this shit down

ALN1031

I also die too much :(
Like I'm going to ward peacefully and BAM! I got ganged by 4 guys of the enemy team. Happen all the time.
How does one ward "safely"

Depends.

At laning phase, the laners should almost always be in their own lanes so that is not an issue, so the only factor is most likely the jungler. Ward when he is visible on the map somewhere else.

When laning phase ends, it is more complicated. Some techniques are asking teammates to come with you, keeping steady ward coverage and then making sure you replace the wards before they time out so you have no loss of vision in between, waiting until after a fight when everyone's sure to be recalling or dead, and such. You might see in professional games that when a team wins a fight, they might immediately charge into the enemy jungle and ward up. Basically, you have to be wary and catch situations where either no one can feasibly catch you outnumbered, or the enemy is pre occupied.

These really just come with practice, or you can watch streams and watch with an analytical mind, not purely for entertainment.

Risky plays usually pay off a lot more at lower elo, then you can carry hard

Sure, but you don't need to in low elo. You can literally just beat them by not having bad mechanics, csing well, not doing stupid things, etc. In low elo, you don't have to capitalize on their mistakes, they'll just make them regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom