• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kard8p3

So Leeg GAF, I just picked up LoL, I have 1.2k hours into DOTA so I'm not exactly a newb, but I did have a question.

I played Talon pretty much all of my matches so far, and I really like him. Is he worth buying? What are some other awesome heroes to get?

Nekofrog

Banned
So Leeg GAF, I just picked up LoL, I have 1.2k hours into DOTA so I'm not exactly a newb, but I did have a question.

I played Talon pretty much all of my matches so far, and I really like him. Is he worth buying? What are some other awesome heroes to get?

Poppy. All Poppy, all the time.

zkylon

zkylewd

he's no super top tier but he's alright. if you like assassins you can try zed, leblanc, fizz, khazix...

Boken

Banned

talons cool n all
his shtick is to get in n out on a target while doing a decent aoe

if u like the get in and out n kill somebody playstyle i would recommend trying zed when hes free - a little more mechanically involved, but higher potential to offset that

Talon is alright though he's not safe. He really needs to go all in to accomplish something. I think his combo was E->AA->Q->W->1-2 AAs->R?

Zed is also an AD assassin though safer due to room for outplays.

ALN1031

Assassins have sort of fallen out of favour right now, but I doubt you're going to be wrecking it up at Diamond I anytime soon, so buy whoever you enjoy and play the fuck outta em. If you're good enough at the lower levels, anything will beat anything, and playing Talon mid does not put you at any serious disadvantage in mid as far as I know.

Also, Talon craps on a lot of squishy mid picks that he can burst down at 6.

If you enjoy Talon's particular playstyle and want to expand your pool, consider Fizz, Zed, Kha or Akali. Fizz is pretty much the best single target nuker in the game imo, Zed is a good single target nuker with a lot of room to outplay opponents(sort of nerfed right now tho), Kha as a champion does single target nuke as well(see the trend?), but with the potential to snowball and kill the entire team because of his resetting leap and isolation mechanic, Akali is quite simply, a hard pub stomper, almost impossible to stop when fed.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

If you like Talon you should really try Zed. Higher mobility and more reliable burst.

ALN1031

I don't know about more reliable burst.... pretty hard to stop talon hitting you with a w->e->q->r->r.

Much easier to avoid a ton of Zed's damage.

This, also, I'm not sure how garbage the Zeds I'm fighting have been, but I swear Zed is worthless if he doesn't have ulti on you.

ALN1031

Dawngate has a girl who shoots coins, so that's ok in my book

Zeds burst is slower since he has to wait for the ult to pop

But it has higher damage potential

Also a lot easier to counter, pretty hard to flash or zhonyas during a portion of Talon's burst because of the silence, but Zed ulti can be QSSd, and Zhonyas.

dimb

I don't know about more reliable burst.... pretty hard to stop talon hitting you with a w->e->q->r->r.

Much easier to avoid a ton of Zed's damage.
I don't think Talon is hard to stop. It's why he sees such little play, because there are lots of opportunities for him to be countered. He has no good in to the back line in mid/late game. Rake range is only 600, and you aren't going to lead with that. Talon can isolate that single target and be ready to blow them up, but it's easy for others to intervene and stop him. Even the R->R combo on Talon requires repositioning that can put you even deeper, and once you are there you have no way out. Zed's mobility opens up way more opportunities for him to successfully assassinate targets and avoid the enemies he needs to, and it's tough to stop his damage from coming in.

zkylon

zkylewd
Dawngate has a girl who shoots coins, so that's ok in my book

hmm I could see myself playing this gal

ktKp292.jpg

I don't think Talon is hard to stop. It's why he sees such little play, because there are lots of opportunities for him to be countered. He has no good in to the back line in mid/late game. Rake range is only 600, and you aren't going to lead with that. Talon can isolate that single target and be ready to blow them up, but it's easy for others to intervene and stop him. Even the R->R combo on Talon requires repositioning that can put you even deeper, and once you are there you have no way out. Zed's mobility opens up way more opportunities for him to successfully assassinate targets and avoid the enemies he needs to, and it's tough to stop his damage from coming in.

For me I find it the opposite.

I ended up refunding talon (I bought him with RP when he was on sale) since I already have Zed and Khazix.

For me the biggest difference between Zed and Talon is the laning phase. Zed has a really good laning phase. Energy instead of mana, has a reliable escape, his poke doesnt push the wave nearly as much if he doesnt want to, he can tower dive easier, etc.

However when it comes to the mid-late game, it's incredibly easy to stop Zed imo. I've had at least 5-10 games now with Zed where I started 5-0 or 5-1 only to burnout in the mid-late game. He's very tricky to use right in teamfights, and because his burst is so much slower than other assassins it's very easy for a Taric/Leona to peel him off the carry.

I had one game recently where I was 5-0 against a Talon mid, and then in teamfights Talon simply focused me while I went for their carry. I would be silenced and then blown up before I could do anything.

Zed is a very fun champion but I'm inclined to think he's not the ideal champ to carry solo queue, at least at my skill level (low silver)

You chose... poorly. Try Zed.

dimb

However when it comes to the mid-late game, it's incredibly easy to stop Zed imo. I've had at least 5-10 games now with Zed where I started 5-0 or 5-1 only to burnout in the mid-late game. He's very tricky to use right in teamfights, and because his burst is so much slower than other assassins it's very easy for a Taric/Leona to peel him off the carry.
I don't really see how these champions couldn't do the same to Talon.

ALN1031

i don't' know why i even bother to check reddit.

I enjoy checking reddit most of the time in LoL, it's actually where most "official" things happen, like Riot AMAs or professional team AMAs, and Riot and famous names post there pretty regularly, so it's sort of special in that regard.

Can get pretty circle-jerky at times tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom