• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. Maybe I'll hold off. Jinx was an instabuy for me when seeing her. Yauso hasn't made me leap yet. Will wait for more impressions.
Yasou is not the kind of champion that players will figure out within a day. Hell, wouldn't be surprised if it took a couple of weeks until someone high-profile "gets" him. Very high skill cap (relative to most champions). Some of his skills could use a wee bit more finetuning though, IMO.

you can kinda tell it was the same dude who made riven, but yasuo is more situational instead of faceroll dashing everywhere
Xypherous made Riven, Yasuo is designed by CertainlyT. I think the former mentored the latter however so eh, my point is moot (sorta).

garath

I feel pretty good 1v1 against people with yasuo. I laned against a Renekton top and I punished him early. It was pretty even from there. The added armor pen after ult is pretty good. Actually won that game. Once he gets max rank Q it's a different ballgame. Early is so weak cause you need that chain Q.

That was with a defensive masteries page too. I think that was really needed for top.

Still having trouble deciding what to build on him. I start statik shiv then usually IE. From there?? I've tried Hydra, botrk and ghostblade. I think I might like hydra best for the AE, lifesteal and active. Dunno.

I feel pretty good 1v1 against people with yasuo. I laned against a Renekton top and I punished him early. It was pretty even from there. The added armor pen after ult is pretty good. Actually won that game. Once he gets max rank Q it's a different ballgame. Early is so weak cause you need that chain Q.

That was with a defensive masteries page too. I think that was really needed for top.

Still having trouble deciding what to build on him. I start statik shiv then usually IE. From there?? I've tried Hydra, botrk and ghostblade. I think I might like hydra best for the AE, lifesteal and active. Dunno.

I've been seeing really successful high-level matches with people going SS ---> Greaves --> IE --> Omen. Haven't seen any games go longer than 30 minutes, but getting that defensive item up in that 25-30 minute window is pretty critical to his survivability, starting with the belt.

Burt

What are crit runes' numbers again? Seems like they would be a no brainer on Yasuo given their efficiency. IE too, except you would get killed in lane with no sustain.

just finished watching a 40-minute match. final score 44-42. helluva match and a bit of a throw at the end.

the Yauso on the winning team went: SS --> Greaves --> IE --> LW --> BoTRK --> Giant's Belt

finished 13/10/9. made some big plays at the end, though their Lee Sin made the biggest play. I think if he had picked up teh Giant's Belt earlier, he wouldn't have died so often. He took a lot of bad fights and tunnel vision'd a few times. I think he rushed LW instead of the belt midgame because of all the damage and armor irela was coming to the table with. Really everyone on their team was armoring up.

edit:

d35y.png

Last fight was in blue team's base. Purple was going in for the kill (Blue's towers protecting the nexus were down, Purple had everything but their bot T3 up). Lee Sin went in and managed to ult kick Irela into the middle of his team and they melted her. She was the real key. Everyone else fell like a house of cards after that. I don't think it'll be weeks before people figure out Yauso at all. Maybe it'll take the weekend. Max. Then it'll be a matter of execution.

garath

It's all about the knockup. I think the window to do the 3 strikes is a little small early in the game but as the game goes on and that cooldown is less than 2 seconds, it gets easier. The ult damage kinda stinks.

I just had a pretty good game. Went SS, Tabi, vamp scepter, IE then was working on a last whisper.

Ended 7/0/6. Of course I was laning against another Yasuo. Poor guy.

Mothman91

Bought some RP @ Gamestop. Cashier was like, "i feel you."

"you feel me? lol?"

Tells me that he also plays and Yasuo came out. I ask him if he plays ranked and such, says he was D2 last season. Proceeds to ask me if I heard of Team Siren, I'm like. "lol, yeah." He tells me one of them lives in Northern VA(where we are). I ask him if she gets lots of slack for the team Siren stuff, he shrugs and says, "well she kicks our ass so I know that." Thought it was funny to share.

Also, you can't gift a bundle to a friend? It's the High Noon Yasuo Bundle that I wanted to gift.

Jenga

Banned
okay yeah played yasuo again

beat darius in lane

just go full AD marks/quints, armor yellows, blue whatever

as long as you land Q and know how to dash properly you can do some nice shit

if you have anyone who can land a knockup for you, you are 2x useful. as dreams-visions mentioned, you need hp + armor early, personally I'd just go for rand's after IE + SS

i like this dude a lot!

zkylon

zkylewd
I just had the worst bug ever, couldn't see minions hp bars because whatever riot did in this patch broke the changes I made to hp bar colors. also I couldn't see anyone's levels lol, it was so weird

so til it's insanely hard to cs with no minion health bars lol

watched a jungle Yauso.

qqvl.jpg

He was feeding pretty hard, then pulled off some spectacular shit. I won't describe it because nobody cares, but he made some big plays. Took him 30 minutes to get his IE, but once he got it the floodgates opened. Double and triple kills in every engagement the rest of the way. He was kinda suicidal, but he was makin shit happen.

Newt

watched a jungle Yauso.

qqvl.jpg

He was feeding pretty hard, then pulled off some spectacular shit. I won't describe it because nobody cares, but he made some big plays. Took him 30 minutes to get his IE, but once he got it the floodgates opened. Double and triple kills in every engagement the rest of the way. He was kinda suicidal, but he was makin shit happen.
Looking at the stats of that game, it hardly mattered what champion their jungler was playing... The Draven and Fiddle just carried everyone.

Looking at the stats of that game, it hardly mattered what champion their jungler was playing... The Draven and Fiddle just carried everyone.
You would say that. :3

Man this is highest-level pub League. If an ADC and a fragile-ass support put up big numbers, it's because the supporting cast gave them the space and opportunity to do so. This was no different.

That Yauso was on the front lines doing work and drawing attention so that Draven could do his thing and look good. That said, he was still very suicidal. Once he tried to 1v1 that Shyvanna in ult form with an omen and he hadn't finished IE yet. Just a lot of bad decisions added to his death count. But in the big team fights, he was making shit happen. When that IE came online he was consistently taken at least 2 with him to the afterlife. That meant he couldn't be ignored...and you can't focus all the damage dealers effectively.

Who do you focus when everyone's doing tons of damage?

Depends on the nature of the damage threat and how likely you are to be able to pin them down and remove them from the fight. The obvious example being that if you have a champion who's hugely cooldown-reliant for damage (like Syndra) you only focus her if you can CC and kill her before she's blown her load on someone. If she's already dropped her balls and ulted, the value of taking her off the field (as opposed to a sustained damage threat or a reset champ) goes down considerably.

Though in practical terms, if the enemy team is all damage dealers you kite back and just wreck whichever one gets impatient and steps out of line.

garath

watched a jungle Yauso.

qqvl.jpg

That's Vman.. he's streaming if you can to watch from his POV with some light commentary.

http://www.twitch.tv/vman7

Newt

You would say that. :3

Man this is highest-level pub League. If an ADC and a fragile-ass support put up big numbers, it's because the supporting cast gave them the space and opportunity to do so. This was no different.

That Yauso was on the front lines doing work and drawing attention so that Draven could do his thing and look good. That said, he was still very suicidal. Once he tried to 1v1 that Shyvanna in ult form with an omen and he hadn't finished IE yet. Just a lot of bad decisions added to his death count. But in the big team fights, he was making shit happen. When that IE came online he was consistently taken at least 2 with him to the afterlife. That meant he couldn't be ignored...and you can't focus all the damage dealers effectively.
So he was pretty much doing the job of an assassin jungler, but worse? You should look at the game more like, "a jungler Yasuo got lucky because he had a decent team". Replace him with an Evelynn or Nocturne or even Kha'zix and I guarantee the game would have been over faster.

scy

The important question to be asking when you're watching is what the champion is offering for the role they're trying to fill compared to others. The success or not of the game itself isn't really the most relevant part of that question.

Edit: The same applies to items, while we're at it. Basically need to find the "why this worked when other wouldn't" of something rather than just seeing that it worked and assuming that's the best case.

Nekofrog

Banned
I see what you mean about silver ELO hell.

The ragers, wow. Even trying to calmly engage them does nothing. Totally unreasonable.

DeadNames

Banned
Has anyone tried bruiser yasuo? With hydra/ie/shiv then tank items? I feel like he could still be good while providing more to a team fight than someone who just gets blown up if coughed on.

Jenga

Banned
I see what you mean about silver ELO hell.

The ragers, wow. Even trying to calmly engage them does nothing. Totally unreasonable.

I told a dude to calm down once and he spammed chat for 40 mins. Then he tried to add me for presumably more spamming.

That's Vman.. he's streaming if you can to watch from his POV with some light commentary.

http://www.twitch.tv/vman7

oh okay then.

So he was pretty much doing the job of an assassin jungler, but worse? You should look at the game more like, "a jungler Yasuo got lucky because he had a decent team". Replace him with an Evelynn or Nocturne or even Kha'zix and I guarantee the game would have been over faster.

Well...I wouldn't say he was an...well yea I guess so. He was making a lot of bad decisions which puts it in that "assassin jungler" category more than anything else. All I can say is he was feeding until he finally finished that IE, then he did work. He did what he needed to do peeling for the carry and pulling the attention away from the other damage dealers to help his team win. Second highest kill total on the team means he was pretty relevant. Most of which he was a big part of (in other words, he wasn't cleaning up 1/3 HP enemies all game or something). You can take that as you will, but I did watch the match and you're looking at a score sheet.

i wouldnt really say vman is highest level.

Yea, it wasn't an all-challenger match, but it was on the Spectate Live which is among the highest matches going on at the moment. Let's not major in the minors.

The important question to be asking when you're watching is what the champion is offering for the role they're trying to fill compared to others. The success or not of the game itself isn't really the most relevant part of that question.
Right. He was offering the front-line, first-wave-of-attackers damage dealing. Forcing the other team to deal with him (or he would kill them all) and giving the other damage dealers space and opportunity to do what they do. I don't know what else to say. Maybe that's not good enough. It was effective after he got his second major item online. Before that he was like 2/8.

scy

Right. He was offering the front-line, first-wave-of-attackers damage dealing. Forcing the other team to deal with him (or he would kill them all) and giving the other damage dealers space and opportunity to do what they do. I don't know what else to say. Maybe that's not good enough. It was effective after he got his second major item online. Before that he was like 2/8.

It's more a case of how that job compares to a different champion in the same role and how much of it was really the champion and the situation, for instance. Not a lot to be pulled from a single game either.

I can't comment much else since I didn't watch the game myself.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
it is hard to evaluate any champion right now, someone like yasuo especially. game is super unbalanced and he just won't stack up compared to stuff that's broken like rengar.

Subtle

it is hard to evaluate any champion right now, someone like yasuo especially. game is super unbalanced and he just won't stack up compared to stuff that's broken like rengar.

Yeah. I'm glad Rengar is getting reworked he's way too strong.

scy

And, on top of that, he's new so there's bound to be misplays on each side that masks things.

Yeah. I'm glad Rengar is getting reworked he's way too strong.

Even if he wasn't, it's really just a case of how binary Rengar's design is: He either works and kills you or doesn't and just dies. There's not really a middle-ground for that kind of all-in-melt-faces design.

There's a general consensus about the defense tree being too good right now. Resourceless champs are being played way too often on toplane.

dimb

Honest question, do you believe this is the general consensus of the player base?

Or is the opinion widespread?
I am only me. Right now there's like 5-10 picks that are just vastly ahead of everything else. Most of them are super easy to play too on top of being very safe (which might be why they're so strong).

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Even if he wasn't, it's really just a case of how binary Rengar's design is: He either works and kills you or doesn't and just dies. There's not really a middle-ground for that kind of all-in-melt-faces design.
The irelia school of character design.

DeadNames

Banned
The irelia school of character design.

To be honest, I'm glad irelia isn't pick/ban right now. Looking at her spells on paper makes her seem like the most broken champion designed. Seriously, she's got so much in her kit. Not to mention she gets really scary with items :(

garath

Well I finished my evening with 6 yasuo games. Lost 2 up front then won the rest. Definitely most comfortable in mid though with a better runepage I could have jungled better I think. I'll give it another shot.

1v1 in lane I felt pretty good. Lanes against a kennen, another yasuo, and a zed. Lanes against renekton top lane. Kennen and the other yasuo were the easiest by far. Windwall blocks kennens shuiriken and i can dash through minion waves to gap close easy when he lighting rushes away.

I think my best runepage for him was a 15% attack speed one. The q cool down was MUCH lower and I felt like I was dealing pretty good damage. Landing that knock up is critical. Laning its a great harass and the shield is pretty damn good.

Took a bit to get used to him but he can be strong. Just have to land the skillshot Q and manage the knock up procs.

I was missing the E->Q combo quite a bit yo get the ae attack. I'm not sure if it was just a little lag or the timing is super specific. Either way, felt a little rough.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah to be honest the game feels pretty nice right now as far as champions are concerned

like, eve might be a terror at some elos but I don't have so much problems with her. like she may kill me a couple times or something but the game carries on, it's not so bad.

what does that leave? like I hate rengar for being able to one shoot me while invisible but he too can be beaten and annie's really strong but she can be handled

but tbh the meta kinda swayed into my favor so I dunno, assassins are still strong but people aren't playing them anymore and I play mages so religiously I can win most lanes so I have no complaints :p

Why do the new summoner spell icons look like crap
nah they're cool. flash is kinda dumb and ignite looks weird but tp and barrier are really cool, I love them

dimb

you ever just look at a skin and have no idea what the champion is? yeah, that's the riven and diana skins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom