• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

When you can get two for one value on crit runes with Yasuo and they still aren't insta-picks, something isn't balanced correctly.

It's really more that the crit chance isn't really doing much to help his early game where he could really use the help from AD or ASPD.

ALN1031

Well Dig is getting ****ted on. This is what I wanted Froggen to do with old EG =[ oh well, I guess he'll have to do it with Alliance. They're looking extremely solid right now. But Dig isn't exactly a team to write home about when you beat 'em. Lol.

EDIT: Also, that Froggen blue buff steal. I'm getting S2 vibes from when he blind stole red buff with lux ulti.

ALN1031

Wickd turned on Dominus, ran under the two Dig Nexus towers by himself, and Dig was still runnin' from him. Really says how dominating they were. They're just disrespecting Dig at the end lol... Tabzz going in their fountain then dashing out. I think Alliance will take this in a sweep.

Wickd turned on Dominus, ran under the two Dig Nexus towers by himself, and Dig was still runnin' from him. Really says how dominating they were. They're just disrespecting Dig at the end lol... Tabzz going in their fountain then dashing out. I think Alliance will take this in a sweep.

Meanwhile in the team camera, the entire Alliance team is laughing at Wickd doing said five-man zone.

ALN1031

Meanwhile in the team camera, the entire Alliance team is laughing at Wickd doing said five-man zone.

Yeah, they seem to be doing well in results, only thing for Alliance to worry about is team synergy and whether one of their new team members is an asshole. Old EG were best of bros as far as we knew. Hopefully Shook isn't that "toxic" guy anymore, guy was perma banned before iirc.

bjaelke

Dignitas hasn't changed much really. Disappointing really.
The look on Froggen's face as Wickd chased them all back was hilarious.

Why in the name of God would you think Lv2/3 Eve-Lucian-Karma can stand and bang with Elise-Jinx-Taric? Dignitas so phenomenally bad it hurts my brain.

ALN1031

He hasn't won a competitive match on Anivia since the start of Season 3 iirc.

Yeah, but after their stomp last game, I reckon Froggen can play his Lee Sin mid and Alliance would still probably win...

EDIT: On second thought, Dig is bitin back, lol...

Wait what does this mean for DiG if they lose?

Nothing, these games are for funsies. Dignitas will still be there in NA LCS Season 4 to wow you with their mediocre play and perpetual 3rd-to-5th place finishing power. Maybe they'll actually consider some meaningful roster changes before it's too late. (Haha, yeah right.)

ALN1031

They got 2 in the last one (middle and bot).

A few bucks and bragging rights. It's basically just filler to justify the LCS promo event.

Oh did they? I sorta stopped paying attention halfway through Game 2 LOL. Also, apparently, some pros on twitter aren't very impressed by the BM fountain dancing in Game 2.

zkylon

zkylewd
attachment.php

seriously diana was one of the better designs riot's done

they gotta get the face right in her lunar revel skin :|

I love her

Nev

Banned
You guys funny. The original message was "ripoff of Guan Yu's aesthetics from Smite", I removed it assuming it was unnecessary information considering I said "that Tryndamere skin", which doesn't involve any kit, abilities or something other than the looks, therefore making it obvious that I was referring to the aesthetics.

I know who Guan Yu is. And I know who Wukong is too but thanks for trying to make me know in case I didn't. Wukong from Lol is not a ripoff of the one in Smite (which is far better), it's a cheap and lazy champion on his own. At least in Smite they have an excuse since the game has gods as champions, but for Wukong in Lol they shamelessly copy-pasted, not even changed the name like with other mythological gods like Renekton or Nasus.

zkylon

zkylewd
isn't smite that spell the ugly men from the jungle use

stupidly over-photoshopped but I like that delicious blend of white and asian

Opiate

It will be interesting to see what average age represents a skill decline for high level LoL and DotA2 players.

We're seeing a lot of churn still, but at least for now I attribute that considerably to the continuously expanding marketplace for the game. Put more simply: the best players from 2012 were the best players out of, oh, 3,000,000 players, let's say. The best players of 2014, however, will be the best players out of 10,000,000+. As such, the best players from 2012 may be the second or third or tenth best players in the larger player base.

Distinguishing between that effect and skill decline is nearly impossible for now.

It will be interesting to see what average age represents a skill decline for high level LoL and DotA2 players.

We're seeing a lot of churn still, but at least for now I attribute that considerably to the continuously expanding marketplace for the game. Put more simply: the best players from 2012 were the best players out of, oh, 3,000,000 players, let's say. The best players of 2014, however, will be the best players out of 10,000,000+. As such, the best players from 2012 may be the second or third or tenth best players in the larger player base.

Distinguishing between that effect and skill decline is nearly impossible for now.

The Korean coaches and managers tend to talk about 24 as being the start of a player's decline and 28 as being "too old". This is purely anecdotal, of course, because there's no strong indicator that this is based on any kind of scientific reasoning as opposed to purely social reasons, but it has managed to "stick" fairly well across multiple e-sports games and the better part of a decade, now.

I will say based on personal experience that 30 definitely feels too old. I used to play fighting games obsessively, but these days I really can't bring myself to play games like Guilty Gear that have a massive technical requirement anymore. (I can still play Street Fighter because it's nice and slow, of course, and I can still appreciate the merits of BlazBlue or similar titles, I just get frustrated trying to actually play them because of my slower reaction times.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom