• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

So my thoughts on Jinx. Overall, I think she's a pretty decent champ. First of all the passive is definitely on the weaker side. It's really good in some situations, but most of the time it feels like you have nothing. Her Q is nice, but you only really use 1-2 rockets at a time. Her W is amazing, I 1 shot a Sona with it :p. Very hard to land sometimes, but I would recommend maxing it for sure. Her E is solid, no doubt about that. Her ult is pretty good too, but I feel Ez and Draven both have ults that do the job better.

I kinda want to try Jinx with like 2 BTs mid, just because of how cool that W is.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
he is not like the old xerath at all. you will know if you play him. his passive is way better. free magic penetration + mana regen. before a lot of his poke was also reliant on his rooted state being up. at four he has three active offensive spells now. xerath used to root himself regularly pre-six because q was self root for .5 seconds, and on top of that you were rooting for range with w. now he's decently mobile. you can more or less charge your q while you chase, or before you even come into vision range.

xerath's roam is going to be god tier. roam down river halfway and you can blow people up. full build xerath is like 2k damage off the ultimate alone, and it's all aoe damage. nobody is safe under tower even.

you don't fish with the stun. just poke people down with q until they are forced out. not like morg at all.

Boken

Banned
he is not like the old xerath at all. you will know if you play him. his passive is way better. free magic penetration + mana regen. before a lot of his poke was also reliant on his rooted state being up. at four he has three active offensive spells now. xerath used to root himself regularly pre-six because q was self root for .5 seconds, and on top of that you were rooting for range with w. now he's decently mobile. you can more or less charge your q while you chase, or before you even come into vision range.

xerath's roam is going to be god tier. roam down river halfway and you can blow people up. full build xerath is like 2k damage off the ultimate alone, and it's all aoe damage. nobody is safe under tower even.

you don't fish with the stun. just poke people down with q until they are forced out. not like morg at all.
I just mean in terms of his lane damage

He's old xerath + extra spell new w = some extra autos and another Q

Why wouldn't you keep fishing with his low cost stun while also poking them

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Why wouldn't you keep fishing with his low cost stun while also poking them
he doesn't have the mana for that, and landing the stun isn't that important. i would rather harass more with q, or try to catch with w to hit a few q spells in a row. it seems easy to avoid the stun too.

cj blaze v ktb at the WCG qualifiers right now:
http://www.nicegame.tv/onair/broadcast/

i find it amusing how aatrox has gone from joke pick in korea to 3rd pick territory

ryu ran tp kassadin the other day too

EU meta too stronk
NA continues to be irrelevant

I see they're still using that unbelievably cheesy theme song.

Midalee's really coming back into style, too, even without a Jayce to complete the poke comp. A lot of people seem comfortable even playing her in a more traditional engage composition and just fishing for random spears to try and snake objectives off the back of them, rather than going into full-on siege mode.

Been seeing quite a bit of Lucian lately, too.

Leezard

I find it hilarious that some limited skins making a comeback was posted in the main forum but not here.
Original owners get a vintage stamp on the splash art as well as RP compensation.

Finally we can see the return of The Mighty Jax. Best skin ever.

October 2013
Mundo Mundo
Pumpkinhead Fiddlesticks
Kitty Cat Katarina
Lollipoppy
Zombie Ryze
Nosferatu Vladimir
FrankenTibbers Annie
Definitely Not Blitzcrank
Bewitching Nidalee
Haunting Nocturne
December 2013
Snow Bunny Nidalee
Workshop Nunu
Happy Elf Teemo
Earnest Elf Tristana
Old Saint Zilean
Re-Gifted Amumu
Santa Gragas
Reindeer Kog’Maw
Candy Cane Miss Fortune
Ragdoll Poppy
Nutcracko
Silent Night Sona
February 2014
Vancouver Amumu
Team Spirit Anivia
Ice Toboggan Corki
Union Jack Fiddlesticks
The Mighty Jax
Festival Kassadin
Whistler Village Twitch
Curling Veigar
June 2014
All-Star Akali
Goalkeeper Blitzcrank
Striker Ezreal
Red Card Katarina

Einbroch

Banned
Yoshi playing League, yay!

Limited skins becoming legacy is okay, but if they ever bring back "earned" skins (which they said they have no plans to...yet) then they don goofed.

Still, they need to stick to their guns from now on. If they called something limited, it needs to be limited. Legacy, same thing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshi playing League, yay!

Nothing is confirmed quite y... wait, what the heck are YOU doing in here <,<?! You a LoL pro?

jerd

So apparently, this is a new item for Xerath on PBE, according to Reign of Gaming.

Emperor's Sceptre (Xerath Only)
+100 Ability Power
UNIQUE Passive - Spell Piercing: Magic damage ignores 50% of the target's Magic Resist (applies before Magic Penetration).
UNIQUE Passive - Supremacy: Xerath can now reach level 20.
UNIQUE Active - Mana Pulse: Releases a mana pulse that senses any nearby enemies (30 second cooldown).
Tooltip says: 'Xerath's ultimate weapon - himself.'

Is it just me, or is this item a bit... broken...

Item to be released alongside Xerath rework at 2000 gold.

Xerath to become first 1800 RP champ.

LoLGAF to say "riot pls" lots.

Will I become a pro?

You're already Challenger Tier in our hearts.

But if you're older than 27, get the fuck out of here, man. There's no room for your decrepit ass in the pro scene! (/salt)

Edit: Hey Boken, how seriously are the Korean teams taking the whole WCG thing, anyway? The few games I've watched, they seem to be playing a bit loose and sloppy - is it mostly just a 'for fun' thing to them, like the OGN Champions series where they run with rotating rosters out of combined sister teams?

Boken

Banned
You're already Challenger Tier in our hearts.

But if you're older than 27, get the fuck out of here, man. There's no room for your decrepit ass in the pro scene! (/salt)

Edit: Hey Boken, how seriously are the Korean teams taking the whole WCG thing, anyway? The few games I've watched, they seem to be playing a bit loose and sloppy - is it mostly just a 'for fun' thing to them, like the OGN Champions series where they run with rotating rosters out of combined sister teams?
Cannot say, the alt account names are tripping me out
Nothing is confirmed quite y... wait, what the heck are YOU doing in here <,<?! You a LoL pro?

A Twisted Treeline pro.

So no.
Huh
Is Einbroch a sc2er
oh man look at all these new ppl
Don't be scared mummy still loves you

Yessssss Definitely Not Blitzcrank is worth breaking my one-skin rule for. Pff arbitrary self-imposed rules.

That's Steve from accounts lololol I am so reddit

Leezard

Yoshi, if you get an account make sure it is on EU West, and not EU Nordic-East. All the cool guys play on EUW, even Swedes.

doesnt even touch support zyra.
kills half of mid zyra though. [my half :(]

---

I wanna play with yoshi :(

Does the CDR change really hit mid Zyra that hard? Blue buff, masteries, and even the reduced passive should still have her in a decent place for CDR. I would think it would be more problematic for Support Zyra, who generally won't get the blue buff.

I suppose the loss of range on Q does hurt her mid game a lot more, though. Aside from sniping off an escaping kill, the Q's always more about sprouting plants for Support Zyra, anyway. The full range usually isn't needed.

doesnt even touch support zyra.
kills half of mid zyra though. [my half :(]

I guess it depends on your POV. I'm now going to have a measly 20% CDR and not 30% without buying items - affecting my roots per second and ability to blow up bot lane every 60 seconds.

Zyra mid is too mana hungry to notice the changes. By time you've hit late game you'll have 24% CDR ideally and then the 16% can be picked up with boots of Lucidity, Morellos or even blue buff/Elixir.

I don't see how these nerfs are aimed at anything other than Zyra supp. She's too much of a lane bully.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
And y u gotta act like leeg is embrassing
SHHHHHHHHHHH! Let me still say/think that way for awhile...
Yoshi, if you get an account make sure it is on EU West, and not EU Nordic-East. All the cool guys play on EUW, even Swedes.
Didn't even know EU was divided into west and east... I've always been so jealous of the fighting game community being able to say shit like "EAST/WEST COAST, BITCHES!"

Maybe I'll become one of those guys who go beyond the boundaries and create an awesome Nordic-East LoL community?!

NORDIC EAST FO' LIFE, HOMIES!

Yoshichan

That skin thread in GD lol.
ANYTHING e-sports related that is posted in Gaming Discussion is lol-worthy. Shit is meant for CommunityGAF and nowhere else.

Yoshichan

It could serve as our monthly Dota/League meetup thread. I see Haunted has already started the preceding.
I knew Haunted BEFORE he was cool!

Back when he had a Day9 avatar!

Yeah, I'm old man.

edit: By the way, Day9 is a commentator! Just in case someone was wondering!
;)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Does the CDR change really hit mid Zyra that hard? Blue buff, masteries, and even the reduced passive should still have her in a decent place for CDR. I would think it would be more problematic for Support Zyra, who generally won't get the blue buff.

I suppose the loss of range on Q does hurt her mid game a lot more, though. Aside from sniping off an escaping kill, the Q's always more about sprouting plants for Support Zyra, anyway. The full range usually isn't needed.
i like playing mid zyra with Q/W/E max order, opening sorc/guise. having 40% CDR at level 10 was tons of fun because you'd have plants everywhere, all the time. afk farm lane with 2 plants, drop plants in wraiths while passing by, have 2 plants again once you arrive in a side lane.

that type of zyra will be hurt. the more typical Q/E AP oriented mid zyra will barely notice a change.

As for support zyra, i really dont see where the nerf hurts. the lane wont be different because maxing E for root duration reigns supreme and the piecemeal CDR in the initial few levels of W barely matter to E. you'll lose a second per cast at level 4-5 of W, but its not like you're going to be poking with it or trying to intiate out of lane and in lane Zyra doesn't have the mana to be throwing E on cooldown. It will have its biggest impact on those clutch 2nd/3rd E's to protect your carry, but she'll still be one of the best peel/dive protection supports in the game.

i would have prefered making her ult smaller or just increasing E's cooldown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom