• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenga

Banned
after a few days of yasuoing, yeah he's in a pretty good spot

just really needs the right team to function after laning

ALN1031

it's really not. His laning is pretty strong. It's his mid game that's possibly his weakest point.

I feel like wings is the first streamer to really "get" Yasuo. You should all watch him: http://www.twitch.tv/wingsofdeath

Yes his mid game seems to be incredibly weak as he has little way of entering the teamfight except for walking up and dashing to someone, which at that point in the game should get him killed. His hope at that point is that his team has a knockup so he can enter the fight with his ultimate.

garath

7 normal game losses in a row. Almost all were complete stomps from the get go too. So tough to shake off.

At least it wasn't ranked. Then I'd feel even worse. Still it sucks looking back at that match history. I didn't play very well in a lot of them but really almost all were completely lopsided.

And it never helps when people are being miserable about it. Both teammates and opponents alike. League is a horrible place sometimes.

Gotta get a win under my belt soon. Losing my mind.

For a rune page for Rumble/Singed, what would be better? Mpen reds or Hybrid Pen reds?

I'm thinking Mpen/Hybrid pen reds, armor yellows, scaling MR blues, AP quints.

drawkcaB

Yes, it's really fun. Short games, always fighting, other viable champs.

Another advantage I learned of playing lots of Dominion in the Spring and early Summer is that because the gold and XP flow are more or less even throughout the match, you can neither depend on being overly fed, nor are you forced to play safely because you're overly behind - this lets you really focus on your champion mechanics.

Mister Negative said:
For a rune page for Rumble/Singed, what would be better? Mpen reds or Hybrid Pen reds?

I'm thinking Mpen/Hybrid pen reds, armor yellows, scaling MR blues, AP quints.

I'd play either with straight magic pen runes. I find hybrid runes are mostly useless on either ranged champions who AA a lot or champions who truly do have mixed damaged types (Mundo, Shyv, Udyr depending on build).

Another advantage I learned of playing lots of Dominion in the Spring and early Summer is that because the gold and XP flow are more or less even throughout the match, you can neither depend on being overly fed, nor are you forced to play safely because you're overly behind - this lets you really focus on your champion mechanics.

I'd play either with straight magic pen runes. I find hybrid runes are mostly useless on either ranged champions who AA a lot or champions who truly do have mixed damaged types (Mundo, Shyv, Udyr depending on build).

magic pen. You don't really get anything from the armour pen with rumble/singed.

Other than that it's fine.

Hm, alright. I was thinking hybrid pen for Rumble especially since he has an AD buff from being overheated. I guess this way saves me a ton of IP too.

drawkcaB

Hm, alright. I was thinking hybrid pen for Rumble especially since he has an AD buff from being overheated. I guess this way saves me a ton of IP too.

Rumble's AA bonus damage when overheated is magic damage. Singed does get bonus AD from his ult however but still not worth it, particularly since you don't seem to have hybrod pen runes anyways.

Lobogris

Neo Member
Rumble's AA bonus damage when overheated is magic damage. Singed does get bonus AD from his ult however but still not worth it, particularly since you don't seem to have hybrod pen runes anyways.

I think Riot nerfed the bonus AD increase during his ult long time ago. Did they buff it again?

Samyy

Uh finished finals and finally got the chance to load up the game since October and my fps has gone from a consistent 60+ to 10-20...

New patch killing da fps D: ?
I tried reinstalling/making sure nothing else is running/ turning every to very low.

Mothman91

nk0ES5V.jpg

Such a bad fucking matchup for Varus. Spellshield/AP Shield bottom lane, and a Yasuo support to boot.

Save me.

I didn't know that. Probably because I don't actually own rumble yet. 180 more IP. Thanks for the help.

Type2

7 normal game losses in a row. Almost all were complete stomps from the get go too. So tough to shake off.

At least it wasn't ranked. Then I'd feel even worse. Still it sucks looking back at that match history. I didn't play very well in a lot of them but really almost all were completely lopsided.

And it never helps when people are being miserable about it. Both teammates and opponents alike. League is a horrible place sometimes.

Gotta get a win under my belt soon. Losing my mind.
What time zone are you in? I want to get some games in with you.

garath

What time zone are you in? I want to get some games in with you.

EST.

My time is generally very limited. It's why losing streaks frustrate me :)

I get a game or two on Monday - one at 5:30 and one at ~7pm, 1-2 on Wed similar times. Generally I'll get a few more Friday night from 4:30 till around 9:30. From there it's just whenever I get some time away from the wife and kid :)

I'd definitely be down to play a few games. I'll be on Friday evening if you're around.

edit: uuuuughh. I can't even catch a break. Play Vi, crush the early game. Feed our rengar and our Ziggs. Get fed myself. Buy a little damage. I'm crushing people, wer'e getting every dragon and most of the buffs but our Cait just suicides all over the place and the rengar just stops farming and roams. Eventually we lose an inhib but so what, the game is still really really even. Team surrenders. Are you kidding me??? Fucking premades.

So how to win ranked atm.

1. Have enemy pick Yasuo.
2. Win.

How to lose ranked against a Yasuo atm.

1. Have teammate pick Twisted Fate adc
2. Have teammate pick tank Sejuani top, literally get 1/5th the cs of the other top laner and lose both towers in 20 minutes.
3. Have both 1 and 2
4. Lose

AP Trist works against a non-tanky team, and if the game doesn't drag so long that everyone grabs a Banshee.

She eventually just becomes a worse Leblanc.

zkylon

zkylewd
ap trist is the most depressing shit ever

she lands one jump on you and you lost the lane and you're probably gonna be miserable for the next 20 minutes

ALN1031

ap trist is the most depressing shit ever

she lands one jump on you and you lost the lane and you're probably gonna be miserable for the next 20 minutes

I love that shit. Even funnier when they don't know what AP Trist can do in low elo and stay around at around half hp.

scy

So how to win ranked atm.

1. Have enemy pick Yasuo.
2. Win.

It's a new champion with a high skill floor, what do you expect? People picking a champion with no real clue how to build (or play) him and nobody to tell them how to do it so it ends up being executed beyond poorly.

Rinse repeat this for every champion release.

Newt

It's a new champion with a high skill floor, what do you expect? Bad players picking a champion with no real clue how to build (or play) him and nobody to tell them how to do it.

Rinse repeat this for every champion release.
Usually there's a factor to people not knowing how to play against a champion as well as people not knowing how to play the champion. I've been playing since the release of Nami, and it has never been this bad. It's literally become the team with Yasuo is fighting a 4v5 battle.

scy

Usually there's a factor to people not knowing how to play against a champion as well as people not knowing how to play the champion. I've been playing since the release of Nami, and it has never been this bad. It's literally become the team with Yasuo is fighting a 4v5 battle.

Which, again, is more because it's a lot harder to play Yasuo correctly than it is to play against one right now. He's a very mechanically demanding champion that literally explodes on impact. People are playing him with little-to-no regard to how to properly enter fights with him so "countering" him is pretty much just killing him before he actually does anything of note.

It's like the situation with Quinn where people just ult into the middle of a team because, hey, that's a thing you can do.

Edit: Ultimately, I wouldn't put much stock in how balanced a champion is during their first week or so.

Newt

Which, again, is more because it's a lot harder to play Yasuo correctly than it is to play against one right now. He's a very mechanically demanding champion that literally explodes on impact. People are playing him with little-to-no regard to how to properly enter fights with him so "countering" him is pretty much just killing him before he actually does anything of note.

It's like the situation with Quinn where people just ult into the middle of a team because, hey, that's a thing you can do.

Edit: Ultimately, I wouldn't put much stock in how balanced a champion is during their first week or so.
It seems he's very team composition oriented...

Making him a horrid champion for Solo Q.

ALN1031

Started playing when Zyra was the new champion, don't remember it being this bad as well. Perhaps I just have a bad memory though.

There's also the other end of the spectrum, where a champ is so broken the team who has it is winning a 1v5 (Rengar and remake Eve).

Actually, everyone thought Rengar sucked when he was released LOL. I remember there being threads saying AP Rengar was more viable than AD, before Riot nerfed his AP ratio or something. I believe Rengar right now is weaker or around the same strength as when he was initially released, iirc.

Naturally.

Yesssssss, someone got it.

ap trist should probably be destroyed the same way ap tryndamere and ap yi were

I dunno why riot takes so long with things like those

Pls noo, not my AP Trist, don't touch her!

scy

Started playing when Zyra was the new champion, don't remember it being this bad as well. Perhaps I just have a bad memory though.

Since I've started, pretty much every champion has had a first week or so where people flip-flopped on how good or bad they were. There's only a few exceptions (Zyra, Thresh, Zac) that were generally well received (aka, "OMG SO OP") in their first week. The harder the champion (e.g., Zed, Syndra), the more likely that people just kind of figured the champ horrible by virtue of people making mechanical errors.

Generally speaking, everyone just kind of fucks up with new champions which masks any problems (both good and bad) with their design. Riven, for instance, had a long stretch of time where nobody maxed her Q first which made her lane revolve around her W use so she didn't have as explosive of an early game for awhile.

Actually, everyone thought Rengar sucked when he was released LOL. I remember there being threads saying AP Rengar was more viable than AD, before Riot nerfed his AP ratio or something. I believe Rengar right now is weaker or around the same strength as when he was initially released, iirc.

Rengar's biggest issue at release was some QoL issues with how screwy his leap and Q were: The leap wasn't smooth on attack, landed poorly, and sometimes didn't even get the AA off due to where he landed while his Q ASPD steroid didn't apply properly which made it bad in trading situations.

AP worked as well as it did because you couldn't really fuck it up and didn't have to deal with any of his issues. Just coast on DFG and a high damage nuke with tons of AP. It was more a testament to how silly DFG was, honestly.

zkylon

zkylewd
to be fair I dunno how hard it is to play yasuo, but playing against him is pretty easy

like you start autoing with ori in level 1 and he can't do shit lol

also and unrelated I've realized I get really mad (like the u mad kind) playing arams these days. like I used to have a lot of fun but now I just find it frustrating. so remind me never to play adc or aram again tyty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom