• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moodmon

Neo Member
I think it is Riv. I actually liked him till Dimb pointed out he was rubbish. Didn't think much of it till this weekend.

"They are chasing, but they don't have a gap closer."

...bring chased by Amumu.

Bandage toss is a gap closer, right?

ALN1031

I can't believe they blew all their CC before Cop even got to the fight. I could maybe understand the rest, but at least save Assault and Battery for him.

I think that would have been fine... if Voy actually died. They blew all their cc on Voy, but Voy still lived and even got to drop his ulti and come back into the fight.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't think I've seen ziggs do bad once in competitive

you know, you might be right. fnatic has always been really good at predicting paths and setting up ambushes but using unusual routes and surprising people when they least expect it, so for me it never got boring. I actually really like that type of play, it's very unique to them, so eh.

but fnatic should probably make better back up plans

It's not global, and all his attacks are skillshots that can miss. Just update your skillshot skills to be horrible like me, get yourself 250 ping or so and he'll be fine.
the ult is impossible to miss and it has all the range so if you ask me it's almost as good as karthus ult lol

but yea I find that ddosing is a very effective counter strategy >:D

Agkel

As I posted on the last page... The official response is that icons can take up to 3 days to show up. It's weird it works this way since some get the icons instantly, but that is what they are saying.

I got the veiger one queuing up with just one friend and winning an aram match. So your ARAM should count, you just have to be patient.

Ahh my computer crashed and burned hard, couldnt get back on 'til now. Thx for the info, I'll wait a bit then.

you know, you might be right. fnatic has always been really good at predicting paths and setting up ambushes but using unusual routes and surprising people when they least expect it, so for me it never got boring. I actually really like that type of play, it's very unique to them, so eh.

but fnatic should probably make better back up plans

I think it's good for them this happened in a more or less meaningless match-up. If Cloud 9 has them figured out, there's a good chance at least Gambit and probably Alliance wouldn't have been far behind. They basically get a free "warning shot" that they need to make adjustments before they have to play any games that count.

I do think they can vary their playstyle if they know they have to, they're just too used to European play. The old (CLG.EU) EG team had the same problem: because the European scene didn't punish them properly for doing the same exact thing every game, they just kept doing it over and over until they hit Worlds. (Hopefully Fnatic can make adjustments better than EG, though; EG honestly never quite managed to make another strategy work once people had solved the hour-long turtle puzzle.")

The thing that's interesting to me is that Cloud 9 made so many adjustments already. They were in a similar situation in NA (being able to do basically the same thing every single game and succeed), but they've actually made some huge changes at the strategic layer of the game. I guess either the stomp at Worlds or having so many EU players come into the NA scene really was a wake-up call for them.

drawkcaB

I guess either the stomp at Worlds or having so many EU players come into the NA scene really was a wake-up call for them.

Don't perpetuate that myth. They weren't blown out at Worlds. They lost their set 2-1 and played well in the first two games. They had a clusterfuck of a start to game 3 that ruined any chance of winning. Shit happens. If an NBA series goes to 7 games, but one loss was a blow-out, did the eliminated team get stomped? No. So I'm puzzled why people keep saying this.

C9 handed Fnatic two consecutive decisive defeats in a row, but no one is going to call it a stomp. Fnatic were handed game 3 at Worlds because lemon and sneaky derped hard (and then some with the bad ban picks). C9's win at BotA was more impressive than Fnatic's win at Worlds.

C9 handed Fnatic two consecutive decisive defeats in a row, but no one is going to call it a stomp.

Whut. Who isn't calling it a stomp? They stomped the dog shit out of them. There was not a single moment in either game where it even looked like Fnatic had a chance of winning.

Macattk15

Don't perpetuate that myth. They weren't blown out at Worlds. They lost their set 2-1 and played well in the first two games. They had a clusterfuck of a start to game 3 that ruined any chance of winning. Shit happens. If an NBA series goes to 7 games, but one loss was a blow-out, did the eliminated team get stomped? No. So I'm puzzled why people keep saying this.

C9 handed Fnatic two consecutive decisive defeats in a row, but no one is going to call it a stomp. Fnatic were handed game 3 at Worlds because lemon and sneaky derped hard (and then some with the bad ban picks). C9's win at BotA was more impressive than Fnatic's win at Worlds.

It was a stomp. I don't know what you watched.

15-5, 13k gold lead, 6-1 towers, surrender by Fnatic. 1st game.

26-11, 14k gold lead, 7-3 towers, series secured. 2nd game.

People with more Leona experience;

Ancient Coin or Targon's Shield for gaining gold in the lane?

Or targon and get the upgraded coin down the line?

Depends on the lane. If you're up against a heavy poke lane I would be weary of going with shield, because you will take so much harass using it. Coin is always useful.

Shield would be ideal in a lane against someone like a Taric who can't poke you while you activate it, and where you want the health for forcing all ins. Probably a bad idea against someone like an Annie though.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I should probably learn to play fighters/tanks, going to give Volibear a shot as he's free. Anyone have a good build or tips? I have no idea what I'm doing, lol.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
AP Kog. GG Curse. Grats on your LCS spot.
ap kog is one of the things that boosted cog to where they where. they're not running the right comp for it though. oh well. really too bad that cog lost but their jungle/top lane are pretty weak.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
My last normal was just so... so bad

Cho'fed is some scary shit.

Oriana ult? lol. Annie ult? tibbers pls. Ashe? gtforofl.

Feast for 1000+ true damage tho

shyvana wept

ap kog is one of the things that boosted cog to where they where. they're not running the right comp for it though. oh well. really too bad that cog lost but their jungle/top lane are pretty weak.

Do you know if Zamphira's mid Lulu was broken by the preseason support changes? My best guess is that it would have been, but I really don't know a single thing about how mid Lulu actually works.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Do you know if Zamphira's mid Lulu was broken by the preseason support changes? My best guess is that it would have been, but I really don't know a single thing about how mid Lulu actually works.
I asked him directly and he told me it's so bad now that it's not worth playing.

That's a damn shame. It really was one of the best shows going in challenger games. Even in the one or two games they lost with it, you could just tell the other mids had absolutely no idea how to deal with it.

Okay guys, I'm up around 16,000 IP and I figure I mine as well pick up a few champs. Looking for recommendations. Here's what I have remaining:

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/9338/9smc.png

I mostly play top, jungle, adc, and Jayce. :3

Also, thanks to the free rotation, I found out that I don't enjoy playing Voli. So he'll be one of those that I pick up after I have countless amounts of runes and and mastery pages. Of the others, I've played Cass and felt kinda meh with her. I enjoyed Naut a bit. The rest I've never played.

Recommendations are appreciated, as always.
I think you might like Rumble the most, though he has a bit of a learning curve. I'd like to recommend Nautilus, but his style of jungling isn't favorable right now and Skarner could be a decent pick-up if his rework pans out.

You can ignore Renekton unless you want to pick him up for champ select trades. He's all-around good (which is a quality in itself admittedly), but he's not the dominant force overall that people make him out to be and his playstyle is so bland.

The heck is COG picking? o-o Elise top?
Please don't be one of those brainwashed sheeples that insists lane Elise is garbage because of her jungle prowess.

ALN1031

I think you might like Rumble the most, though he has a bit of a learning curve. I'd like to recommend Nautilus, but his style of jungling isn't favorable right now and Skarner could be a decent pick-up if his rework pans out.

You can ignore Renekton unless you want to pick him up for champ select trades. He's all-around good (which is a quality in itself admittedly), but he's not the dominant force overall that people make him out to be and his playstyle is so bland.

Please don't be one of those brainwashed sheeples that insists lane Elise is garbage because of her jungle prowess.

It isn't really garbage, there are definitely much better picks right now, however. Elise doesn't fulfil the tank needs of a team very well, she doesn't do well in a 2 v 1, she cannot harass any of the popular tops out of lane, and her presence in teamfights is pretty bad as well. Jungle Elise is simply the better place to put her right now, she offers very little when put in a lane.

DeadNames

Banned
How do you even manage to go 1/13? Jesus Christ some fucking people. Ugh. First time I legitimately flipped at someone.

fSFs7q5.jpg

I'm at a legitimate lack of words.

To be honest....

You went 3/10...

I understand getting mad when your team feeds while you're doing well, but if you're feeding yourself it's pretty silly to worry about the rest of your team.

I had 3 games the other day in a row where I just played poorly. I was never the worst on my team but I had scores like 3-3 or 4-6 or so in a loss. So I just gave up and played support for a couple games. Ended up getting a good adc in one game, made a couple good plays, and then yesterday we duo'd together and went 3-2 with us winning lane every game except one. If I know what's good for me I would probably main support, but it's insufferable if my adc is bad.

Thoughts on Kayle support by the way? I tried it out and did pretty decently with it. You bring so much early trading power that it makes winning lane rather easy, and your ult is pretty great in team fights. I did get wrecked by a fed talon that could kill me before I had time to ult myself which kinda sucked though. My build was pretty troll for a "support" though, after I got the first upgrade on the coin I rushed Nashors and then Zhonyas (to save me from Talon), the idea being I could carry myself if the game went late. Kayle doesn't seem to be a very good support from a peeling or initiation standpoint, but simply a nice champ to have if your team already has the rest of their bases covered and the other team has a champ with high burst.

Finally, are the Janna buffs in the 3.15 patch or are they still coming? I've had some really good games with her as support including a 1-2-25 with her yesterday. Can make some really big plays with her ridiculous peel ability, which works well in silver I guess where players have some talent but are so overly aggressive and get caught out so much it's ridiculous. Any excuse to bring out my forecast Janna skin is also nice.

EDIT: I'm also never playing Jarvan support again. Ever.

ALN1031

To be honest....

You went 3/10...

I understand getting mad when your team feeds while you're doing well, but if you're feeding yourself it's pretty silly to worry about the rest of your team.

I had 3 games the other day in a row where I just played poorly. I was never the worst on my team but I had scores like 3-3 or 4-6 or so in a loss. So I just gave up and played support for a couple games. Ended up getting a good adc in one game, made a couple good plays, and then yesterday we duo'd together and went 3-2 with us winning lane every game except one. If I know what's good for me I would probably main support, but it's insufferable if my adc is bad.

Thoughts on Kayle support by the way? I tried it out and did pretty decently with it. You bring so much early trading power that it makes winning lane rather easy, and your ult is pretty great in team fights. I did get wrecked by a fed talon that could kill me before I had time to ult myself which kinda sucked though. My build was pretty troll for a "support" though, after I got the first upgrade on the coin I rushed Nashors and then Zhonyas (to save me from Talon), the idea being I could carry myself if the game went late. Kayle doesn't seem to be a very good support from a peeling or initiation standpoint, but simply a nice champ to have if your team already has the rest of their bases covered and the other team has a champ with high burst.

Finally, are the Janna buffs in the 3.15 patch or are they still coming? I've had some really good games with her as support including a 1-2-25 with her yesterday. Can make some really big plays with her ridiculous peel ability, which works well in silver I guess where players have some talent but are so overly aggressive and get caught out so much it's ridiculous. Any excuse to bring out my forecast Janna skin is also nice.

EDIT: I'm also never playing Jarvan support again. Ever.

Unorthodox supports are pretty damn good right now imo, because of the gold changes. Kayle support is pretty good since she brings so much damage early on, and she actually has support skills so if you just want to help your adc that's fine as well. You might get some flak from people who follow the meta like a code, but they can be ignored.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
How do you even manage to go 1/13? Jesus Christ some fucking people. Ugh. First time I legitimately flipped at someone.

http://i.imgur.com/fSFs7q5.jpg[IMG]

I'm at a legitimate lack of words.[/QUOTE]
well, its not like anyone on your team deserved to win that game.

It isn't really garbage, there are definitely much better picks right now, however. Elise doesn't fulfil the tank needs of a team very well, she doesn't do well in a 2 v 1, she cannot harass any of the popular tops out of lane, and her presence in teamfights is pretty bad as well. Jungle Elise is simply the better place to put her right now, she offers very little when put in a lane.
The majority of her supposed flaws that you listed are false or flatout inaccurate.

- The typical tanky DPS needs that most top laners fullfill? If the goal is to keep an enemy squishy out of the fight / catch them or to help set up a play for a true initiator, then she can do that. She also does a better job at peeling than most top bruisers, and splitpushes hard too.
- She... is ranged. Automatic plus in a 1 vs 2 lane when compared to a melee. Not her preferred style of play, but she fairs well in them relatively speaking if forced in that situation.
- She cannot harrass any of the popular tops out of lane? I don't know what to say if you feel this is true. The few champions that are bad match-ups for her aren't popular or phased out due to nerfs; every other match-up is either very advantageous for her or even at worst.
- Her presence in teamfights is fine up until late late game when carries start melting anything that moves. She does tend to drop off sooner without a lead, but this shortcoming is magnified when jungling her.
- Oh, and those high-burst AD assassins that are (or were) oh so scary in mid lane, like Zed, Kha'zix and to a lesser extent Riven? She eats those for breakfast.

So yes, you are one of those uninformed sheep. I also dread the possibility of you thinking that Sunfire Cape is good on her like the solo queue masses tend to believe. Lastly, to clarify: I'm not saying she's a bad jungler, but claiming that's the only role where she still works is bullshit.

EDIT: did come off more harsh than I intended to, so apologies for that.

How do popular purely melee champ such as Renekton and Riven, do better in a 2v1 lane?

Burt

The majority of her supposed flaws that you listed are false or flatout inaccurate.

- The typical tanky DPS needs that most top laners fullfill? If the goal is to keep an enemy squishy out of the fight / catch them or to help set up a play for a true initiator, then she can do that. She also does a better job at peeling than most top bruisers, and splitpushes hard too.
- She... is ranged. Automatic plus in a 1 vs 2 lane when compared to a melee. Not her preferred style of play, but she fairs well in them relatively speaking if forced in that situation.
- She cannot harrass any of the popular tops out of lane? I don't know what to say if you feel this is true. The few champions that are bad match-ups for her aren't popular or phased out due to nerfs; every other match-up is either very advantageous for her or even at worst.
- Her presence in teamfights is fine up until late late game when carries start melting anything that moves. She does tend to drop off sooner without a lead, but this shortcoming is magnified when jungling her.
- Oh, and those high-burst AD assassins that are (or were) oh so scary in mid lane, like Zed, Kha'zix and to a lesser extent Riven? She eats those for breakfast.

So yes, you are one of those uninformed sheep. I also dread the possibility of you thinking that Sunfire Cape is good on her like the solo queue masses tend to believe. Lastly, to clarify: I'm not saying she's a bad jungler, but claiming that's the only role where she still works is bullshit.
You should probably get angrier and use more words generally associated with elitist pricks. I positively dread the thought of anything else.

DeadNames

Banned
2v1 lanes are so god damn unfun to play against and to watch. It's so damn boring.

Also Taric just went 0/12. This game is a rollercoaster.

zkylon

zkylewd
just went 15-2-13 as lissandra holy shit. I normally think that if you get that many kills you're bad and I am since we went all vulcun like and threw at baron (gotta hate those people that keep doing baron when the enemy team has gragas and jarvan and you just told them to "stop attacking baron and fight as soon as they show up" eh?) but man it's amazing how strong she is when fed. like dfg+ult+q and that was jinx.

also I'm dangerously getting to the point I literally just play mid and support lol. like I haven't played top in ages, I dread the idea of adcarrying and I think I've jungled like twice in my lifetime. I dunno if that's "healthy"

I feel like she's not terrible but not having any hard cc really sets you back with how the game is these days. like how are you gonna save your adc from that lvl 2 annie+lucian burst?

it's why I really think sona is pretty crap right now :/

next patch

janna's pretty cool as always (my friend played her on that lizzy game and he went 2-2-24) but eh... I'd rather just play thresh or nami since they can be more offensive than her

no need to get mad and be rude man, the guy was just saying his opinion

in my personal experience after so many nerfs lane elise is just too hard to play effectively. she just doesn't feel worth the effort. like, I'd rather just play olaf or something.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
while you guys were all wordifying, i did some science to confirm the viability of lane elise.

8ma0NaS.jpg

confirmed: still viable. i attribute my failure to secure one kill to my lack of a sunfire cape.

PS: pls ignore udyr and cho'gaths scores, they were only successful because of my great moral support

Newt

while you guys were all wordifying, i did some science to confirm the viability of lane elise.

8ma0NaS.jpg

confirmed: still viable.

PS: pls ignore udyr and cho'gaths scores, they were only successful because of my great moral support
Your test was bias because of the Yasuo. You need a placebo champion like Renekton.

/jk

2v1 lanes are so god damn unfun to play against and to watch. It's so damn boring.

Also Taric just went 0/12. This game is a rollercoaster.

I feel like a 2v1 lane just limits the ability of the solo laners to influence the game and means that weak duo lanes can avoid being punished.

Basically I think they are bad for the game. Almost never happens in solo queue of course.

Maybe if they buffed the gold from an early dragon while also making it a bit easier to do it would encourage both teams sending duo lanes bot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom