• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekofrog

Banned
It's back to where it was before the buff: hyper-specialized, basically only good on one or two champions. It's definitely dead as an ADC item, even building it on Ezreal these days is tantamount to a surrender if the other team notices you've done it.

You basically build it on Jayce. Maybe. Probably not, but it's still an option. No more building it on Kha'Zix (though that's less the item being worse and more spikespam no longer being the way to play Kha), Ezreal, Ashe, etc.

I had it on Jayce... and then sold it because it was shit. Takes too long to stack, the real benefits come too late.

Newt

They're screwed. And it's not because of the Soraka with smite.
4opLldd.jpg

It's back to where it was before the buff: hyper-specialized, basically only good on one or two champions. It's definitely dead as an ADC item, even building it on Ezreal these days is tantamount to a surrender if the other team notices you've done it.

You basically build it on Jayce. Maybe. Probably not, but it's still an option. No more building it on Kha'Zix (though that's less the item being worse and more spikespam no longer being the way to play Kha), Ezreal, Ashe, etc.

I was thinking a really weird hypothetical Diana build that I would never even attempt to try in a real match:

Nashors
Manamune
???

EDIT: Some questions:

1. What is viktor like? Worth getting on sale?

2. I am coming up on 4800ip. Might keep saving. Can anyone tell me about:

- Rengar. I'm tempted but I feel like he could be nerfed and gutted before I get to use him
- Swain. Seen some good Swain play mid, seems like a fun champ, but apparently not that strong?
- Xin Zhao. Seems like the worlds easiest jungler.
- An adc of some sort. Slightly worried about getting Jinx because of potential nerfs, and I sort of want an adc with escapes. Maybe Caitlyn? Someone that is safe and has a strong laning phase yet decent late game. I only have Sivir/Ashe/Tristana/Varus at the moment.
- Vi. As well rounded as people say? I main jungle so might be a good idea to add to my champion pool, but then I already have Shyvana/Jarvan/Elise/Lee Sin/Udyr/Volibear/Amumu.

zkylon

zkylewd
I was thinking a really weird hypothetical Diana build that I would never even attempt to try in a real match:

Nashors
Manamune
???

EDIT: Some questions:

1. What is viktor like? Worth getting on sale?

2. I am coming up on 4800ip. Might keep saving. Can anyone tell me about:

- Rengar. I'm tempted but I feel like he could be nerfed and gutted before I get to use him
- Swain. Seen some good Swain play mid, seems like a fun champ, but apparently not that strong?
- Xin Zhao. Seems like the worlds easiest jungler.
- An adc of some sort. Slightly worried about getting Jinx because of potential nerfs, and I sort of want an adc with escapes. Maybe Caitlyn? Someone that is safe and has a strong laning phase yet decent late game. I only have Sivir/Ashe/Tristana/Varus at the moment.
- Vi. As well rounded as people say? I main jungle so might be a good idea to add to my champion pool, but then I already have Shyvana/Jarvan/Elise/Lee Sin/Udyr/Volibear/Amumu.
can only comment on the mid laners

- viktor: he's pretty decent but suffers from overall clunkyness of his kit and his hex thingie not really being worth the item slot. I think that viktor's gonna be really strong when they finally decide to give him a couple quality of life buffs. he's also pretty fun to play

- swain: he's also pretty alright and he's really dumb once he gets going but I feel that the effort it requires to get him to take off is way too much. like tear+roa is such a lategame combo that you really end up sacrificing your presence for half the game

garath

I'm calling it. Yasuo strong.

He's hard to play but dammit you can crush with him.

I'm not even claiming to be really good at him but I win quite a bit with him. shiv + IE then work on a defensive item. It's so strong.

We're def going to see him in LCS this season with some comps.

Type2

I'm not even claiming to be really good at him but I win quite a bit with him. shiv + IE then work on a defensive item. It's so strong.

I've been matched against him with my zed three times now and it's been anywhere from useless to really annoying. I think the plat guy I played against had really good mobility and mechanics on him. He just had poor decision making when it came to dives/jungle awareness. The shield is strong, the qs aren't hard to land and his late game is very good.
He is comp reliant though because that ult isn't that great if you have to rely on himself for the knock up.

DeadNames

Banned

My bruiser Yasuo build is slowly catching on.

Death to the naysayers!

I had it on Jayce... and then sold it because it was shit. Takes too long to stack, the real benefits come too late.

I think it's still good on Jayce if you get an early chunk of gold (like a Lv1 double-kill in a jungle invade) and don't need early stats because of a good lane match-up, but obviously that's not going to be most games since Jayce doesn't have just a whole ton of good match-ups in the current meta.

It's probably still a decent item on Urgot, too, but I can't say personally. I've always hated Urgot and haven't seen someone play him in months, either.

its still good on yorick

how does that champ work. he seems so damn weird.

I think it's still good on Jayce if you get an early chunk of gold (like a Lv1 double-kill in a jungle invade) and don't need early stats because of a good lane match-up, but obviously that's not going to be most games since Jayce doesn't have just a whole ton of good match-ups in the current meta.

It's probably still a decent item on Urgot, too, but I can't say personally. I've always hated Urgot and haven't seen someone play him in months, either.

I skip it 90% of the time. But that's more a function of my playstyle than anything else. When I have turned it into a muramana...the damage done is just fucking legendary. But it's like its own metagame. Doesn't build up as quickly or naturally as it does on someone like Singed or Ryse. It *can*, but it's not quite as natural.

how does that champ work. he seems so damn weird.

Your win condition is basically annoying the other team so much that they lose all will to play the game and let you win.

(The Chinese actually still run him pretty often with dual hyper carry compositions just for his ultimate, but aside from that all you really do with him is spam ghouls. At all times, in all situations, for any given reason.)

DeadNames

Banned
How does a more bruisery-Jayce sound? I feel bad picking him top because he gets blown up and all the supertanks can just sustain right through him.

How does a more bruisery-Jayce sound? I feel bad picking him top because he gets blown up and all the supertanks can just sustain right through him.

Doesn't sound good. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try it to see. He's still have a lot of utility even with minimal damage items. Accel gate, a slow and a knock back. More than most have in their kit.

faridmon

Anyone mains Morgana here? I am getting used to her and by that I am, she is bloody amazing. Any further advice would be welcome.

I still haven't played PvP since I gt destroyed last time. Should I still practice against bots, or should I just play few games whatever it takes?

Newt

Anyone mains Morgana here? I am getting used to her and by that I am, she is bloody amazing. Any further advice would be welcome.

I still haven't played PvP since I gt destroyed last time. Should I still practice against bots, or should I just play few games whatever it takes?
Draven main here, but I think playing some pvp is a good idea. It's a lot different to hit a Q on real players than on bots.

CRS

Is Nunu a poor choice for jungling now? I got pretty good with him when I was first started out and I'm just surprised that I don't see him more often.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Is Nunu a poor choice for jungling now? I got pretty good with him when I was first started out and I'm just surprised that I don't see him more often.

Unless you intend to counter jungle nonstop he's just not worth it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
He can be good still. If you feel like playing him he's still worth picking. If you do counter-jungle be smart about it. It's easy for people to see you coming in with all the wards right now.
Newt is out there secretly trying to get me.

Someone protect me and my people.
I got you.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

You should try PvP off and on if you're still getting your feet wet. Get comfortable with a character, build path, etc against bots then work your way up.

Just know that in Bronze you'll often see people much worse and much better than bots.

The Koreans still play him at the highest level.*

*I don't think a team with Nunu has actually won a single game in this season of OGN, but hey, they still use him when better junglers are picked or banned. That's something.

its still good on yorick
At best Manamune has always been fairly mediocre on Urgot and it's especially terrible on Yorick, even before his unjustified nerfs. I can't think of a single champion for whom Manamune would be so beneficial as a damage item as to forego other possibilities (or delay their priority), despite Riot trying its damnest to forcibly shoehorn it into relevancy by making it crazy gold-efficient in Season 3. I'll even go as far as to say that a Tear is a kiss-of-death for Yorick that usually goes unrecognized, which is why a lot of players still believe he can't be dealt with in lane regardless of all the glaring flaws that purchase entails.

Right now he's one of the worst champions in pre-season 4, no exaggeration. Which sucks, because I want to play him more.

CRS

Re: Nunu

That's a shame. Only level 20 (been playing for almost a couple of months now) and since wards are non-existent at this stage, I'm not having a hard time. I guess I should slowly start weening myself off of him. The only other jungler I've used is Udyr so I should start practicing with others. I love playing Mundo on top so playing him jungle might be fun.

So far, I'm using Mundo in top, Tristana (AD [sometimes AP]) in mid, and Nunu in jungle. Still need to practice bot lane as ADC and support.

dimb

That's a shame. Only level 20 (been playing for almost a couple of months now) and since wards are non-existent at this stage, I'm not having a hard time. I guess I should slowly start weening myself off of him. The only other jungler I've used is Udyr so I should start practicing with others. I love playing Mundo on top so playing him jungle might be fun.

So far, I'm using Mundo in top, Tristana (AD [sometimes AP]) in mid, and Nunu in jungle. Still need to practice bot lane as ADC and support.
Just play what you think is fun. Nunu is completely viable.

zkylon

zkylewd
lol I just top laned lissandra against yasuo, misplayed at their half-invade at level 1 and ended up giving him first blood. came back to lane and the dude killed me again. I was level 1 to 4. then came olaf and they dived me and I'm 0 3 0 with like 15 minions at minute 8.

for some reason the yasuo decides to swap lanes and send their squigly little brand top.

I ended up with 17 kills lol

this game is so dumb

Nekofrog

Banned
oh my god, this Poppy in newt's game.

She killed Singed when she was level 3 and he was level 5, he went insane and issued like 5 HELP pings after death.

And she bought an ancient coin to start with.

dimb

oh my god, this Poppy in newt's game.

She killed Singed when she was level 3 and he was level 5, he went insane and issued like 5 HELP pings after death.

And she bought an ancient coin to start with.
in ancient times philo stone poppy was a thing.

Ferga

Season 2 Poppy:

20Armour rune page
Buy philo stone at 7-8minutes

Wait for sheen.

Then win lane.

Most underappreciated hidden-op champ that never surfaced in solo queue because pros couldn't use her in 1v2 lanes

Just picked up Rumble and won my first game with him in 3v3.

Is it fair to say that ideally you want to keep his heat in the 40's by spamming Q, so that when it's time to fight, it'll be in Danger Zone mode? Or...what's the best approach to managing the heat so that you can maximize your abilities in team fights?

dimb

i bought yasuo day one, haven't played him in a real match, but i can't bring myself to play him during this free week. people don't seem to like him being picked.

Newt

i bought yasuo day one, haven't played him in a real match, but i can't bring myself to play him during this free week. people don't seem to like him being picked.
In ranked people harass the enemy team about how they're gonna lose because they have a Yasuo. Normally I would be like "get them back for it" but...you are probably gonna lose if you have a Yasuo on your team.

dimb

I thought you hated Swifties.
It's rare for me to get them, but they're not an item I write off entirely. Against their team comp I didn't really think Tabi were necessary, and I knew my build path would be Golem into Sunfire but I didn't want to stack loads of armor against a team with so much magic damage. Also I wanted to the mobility to keep ganking. I hate Mobos so Swifties it was.

It's probably more a case of thinking Ninja Tabi are one of the best items in the game on junglers, so opportunities where I'd get something else might not come up much.

My main recommendation as far as junglers go would be to pick up using at least one jungler with the potential to hard engage. Vi, Jarvan, maybe even a Malphite for now since he's actually pretty easy to jungle with without full runes/masteries. Nunu, Udyr, and Mundo can all be okay jungle picks, but to be honest if you decide to play ranked you're probably going to want to focus more on play-making junglers.

If you're looking more at the low IP cost end of the scale, aside from Malphite you could also try Rammus. He's OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom