• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosenskjold

Shoutout to all the "It's the other players' fault I'm stuck in bronze/silver", please stop queuing up with me, I like having fun when I play :)

Nail

well, i did ask him to go tanky a few times.

but i was being polite about it.

turns out tankiness is an iceborn gauntlet.

Sorry bud, going to have to disagree on that one.
Lizard/sheen is a perfectly viable early item build on Hecarim. He needs the mana because he's one of the most mana hungry champs in the game and sheen turns his ignorable damage into a viable threat for cheap. And of course iceborn gauntlet is a great build path for sheen because building a triforce would be investing too much into damage. IG has a great mix of damage, armor, mama,cool down reduction, and utility to remain a threat in all stages of the game.
Now granted, if he rushed then IG, I wouldn't have called that the best choice. I usually go giants belt into sunfire/randuins or Spector's into spirit visage first.
Saying lizard/sheen isn't tanky enough for you lol dude it's the early game. You don't need that much early tankness. He's got his w for that.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Sorry bud, going to have to disagree on that one.
Lizard/sheen is a perfectly viable early item build on Hecarim. He needs the mana because he's one of the most mana hungry champs in the game and sheen turns his ignorable damage into a viable threat for cheap. And of course iceborn gauntlet is a great build path for sheen because building a triforce would be investing too much into damage. IG has a great mix of damage, armor, mama,cool down reduction, and utility to remain a threat in all stages of the game.
Now granted, if he rushed then IG, I wouldn't have called that the best choice. I usually go giants belt into sunfire/randuins or Spector's into spirit visage first.
Saying lizard/sheen isn't tanky enough for you lol dude it's the early game. You don't need that much early tankness. He's got his w for that.

he was 1/4 when he finished his sheen.

you cant rush lizard/sheen if you're behind. that is silly. it doesn't matter if the items can ultimately come together to form a reasonable build if you're 2-3 minutes behind in the game; you'll just get crushed constantly. [and he was]

you pretty much have to be ahead to stack damage on a jungler, if you arent ahead you wont have the level advantage for natural tankiness and you will be consistently destroyed by anything resembling a stiff breeze.

Nothing worse than a jungler running a fixed build order that ignores his position in the game.

Nail

He certainly could, those items are cheap. It's not that hard to farm enough tankyness to be relevant after that. The lizard is debatable but IMO the sheen is not, hecarim needs sheen period. I'd say The issue was one of not farming enough in the jungle, not item choice, but obviously I can't say for sure.

Nekofrog

Banned
So I had a dream last night that gave me an idea for a possible kill lane in bot.

Ziggs support. Hear me out...

Both W and E make for a decent (not fantastic) engage/disengage/peel, and his passive and auto attack range in addition to his Q make for potentially amazing poke. Once he and his ADC hit 6, it would probably be a guaranteed kill with mega inferno bomb.

I'm sure there are downsides I don't see to it (maybe super squishy, but his range should keep him out of trouble). I really want to try it.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
He certainly could, those items are cheap. It's not that hard to farm enough tankyness to be relevant after that. The lizard is debatable but IMO the sheen is not, hecarim needs sheen period. I'd say The issue was one of not farming enough in the jungle, not item choice, but obviously I can't say for sure.
i have no objections to sheen on pony, im not saying he should never even try to build damage and just go tank all the time. im saying that player in that game should never have rushed lizard, should never have built sheen immediately after lizard and would have atleast been useful building tanky early [and would have had a better chance of catching up if he did]

i object to lizard/sheen into lizard/ibg on 1/4 hecarim, that is terrible itemization and there is nothing debatable about that. lizard/sheen alone is a problem when its 15 minutes in and that's all you have.

As for farming, I havent played hecarim in awhile but i remember him having serious mana issues early game without blue and that was before Q's mana costs were increased. given how often the pony died, im going to guess he wasnt holding on to his blue.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
S4 Elder Lizard is completely pointless on Hecarim IMO. It used to be good because W used to proc it, but now it's eh, just get Golem instead.
i havent played hecarim in season 4, so i wasn't going to say lizard sucks period, but yeahs thats the impression i have.

Nekofrog

Banned
And so the long road to level 30 All Poppy smurf account begins.

zzmqQFT.jpg

i havent played hecarim in season 4, so i wasn't going to say lizard sucks period, but yeahs thats the impression i have.

Q procs it just fine, should have no problem getting it on the majority of champs in a fight without difficulty. Source: plays hecarim almost exclusively.

garath

Does anyone have suggestion on which runes to use on Yasuo? I've read different guides but I can't find an agreement on which runes to use

Ad quints. Attack speed marks. Armor yellows, Mr blues.

Its what I've settled on after trying a bunch. Early attack speed gives him valuable early cool down on his q. The straight AD has a 100% ratio on his Q as well. And the AS marks means he can skip bezerker greaves and get defensive boots instead. You'll be maxxed on attack speed at level 18 with just the runes and shiv.

Edwardo

Played a game last night where my team had Fidd and Lee top, Yasuo(me) middle, Vayne solo bot, and Nunu jungle. Our Lee fed the whole game, but Fiddle kept picking up a kill or two after Lee died. I had a rough time fighting Tryndamere as Yasuo, so I just tried to avoid him as much as I could. He was the only one on the other team that could beat me 1v1. I was trying to come up with a way to fight him, but I feel like he might be a counter. Anyways, trynd tried to take our inhib turret, so we just killed the rest of his team and took their base. Fun times on summoner's rift.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
My main recommendation as far as junglers go would be to pick up using at least one jungler with the potential to hard engage. Vi, Jarvan, maybe even a Malphite for now since he's actually pretty easy to jungle with without full runes/masteries. Nunu, Udyr, and Mundo can all be okay jungle picks, but to be honest if you decide to play ranked you're probably going to want to focus more on play-making junglers.

If you're looking more at the low IP cost end of the scale, aside from Malphite you could also try Rammus. He's OK.
i make plays on udyr all day. league of legends is a big game. people should find the champions that they enjoy playing, because those usually fit their playstyle better.

Edwardo

Does anyone have suggestion on which runes to use on Yasuo? I've read different guides but I can't find an agreement on which runes to use

I've been using Lifesteal Quints, AD Reds, Armor Yellows, and MR Blues. It's the same page I use for all of my AD champs. I dont necessarily recommend it for Yasuo, Attack Speed and Ad for red and quints is probably better, but it works for me.

Mothman91

Bruiser build or a glass cannon build on Jax? My friend always goes the glass cannon build, I've been trying to convince him to do a bruiser type build with TF/BoTRK, and like 2 tank items and GA. I think too many people rely on the ultimate which is very nice in terms of stats but I think skipping Randuins/SV is too much.
oh god

why didn't i name my smurf Insane Clown Poppy and use the Noxus Poppy skin
Good idea, lol.

Guesong

All this Hecarim talk made me want to play him with his Arcade Skin.

Now does anyone want to elaborate to me why people are selling those for like 30 bucks on eBay while I could buy the champ + skin separately for less than that? And where do they come from anyways!

I understand it comes with Riot Blitzcrank if I cared about that, but eh. You'd think these people would sell it on the cheap.

Edwardo

All this Hecarim talk made me want to play him with his Arcade Skin.

Now does anyone want to elaborate to me why people are selling those for like 30 bucks on eBay while I could buy the champ + skin separately for less than that? And where do they come from anyways!

I understand it comes with Riot Blitzcrank if I cared about that, but eh. You'd think these people would sell it on the cheap.

They gave away cards for those skins at pax this year. It's probably just people who got a bunch of them.

Ever since I've been back home from college I've been playing and getting about 80 ping for my first game of the day, then 100 ping for every game after that. What's the deal with that?

Hmm. Dunno how I feel about Rumble.

He's SO hard to last-hit with early. I'm tempted to get a dorans blade or something just so he can get a fair amount of cs early. He's like trying to last-hit with a typical AP mid, but without the benefit abilities that most AP mids have to buff the right-click to compensate for low base attack damage. It's a scary proposition against bruiser tops, imo, because for at least the first few levels they can pretty effectively punish you trying to wait in melee range for a minion to be close enough to dying that a right-click will actually finish them. Feels that way, anyway.

Doesn't help that I lost the lane to Jax thanks to ganks. Still finished 10/4/something in a win, but it wasn't a good-feeling 10/4/something, you know? I just don't think DoT champs are for me. I'm not a fan of Singed, I didn't like Cass when I tried her, and I'm apathetic towards Rumble. I like seeing chunks of life disappear. I like direct conflict and direct damage dealing. It's just clearer to me that damage I'm doing is hurting when I see the HP drop. In my last I wasn't sure how much of it was me or not. I did the second most damage in the game, but it never felt like it. I did 1v1 a fairly stacked Ezreal which felt good, but I had no real confidence I could when I started the fight. idk.

FWIW, I went sorcs --> Liandry's --> Ryali's --> Rabb. I would have gone Void after, but they quit.

Kenai

Both W and E make for a decent (not fantastic) engage/disengage/peel, and his passive and auto attack range in addition to his Q make for potentially amazing poke. Once he and his ADC hit 6, it would probably be a guaranteed kill with mega inferno bomb.

I'm sure there are downsides I don't see to it (maybe super squishy, but his range should keep him out of trouble). I really want to try it.

Don't underestimate his mana costs early game, it's pretty damn high until he gets a chalice, so people with better base stats are gonna bully him a lot (aka the usual botlane suspects). His utility CDs also have a pretty significant timer, so they can just back off then all in after they are used/wear off.

I don't think it's the worst idea ever since he'd still hit for a decent amount with his AA, but the main selling point of Ziggs is to dominate with Q spam from a safe distance that both harasses and pushes at the same time (locking down roamers and suppressing enemy farm), which doesn't really jive with your own ADC carry trying to farm. You'll either be solely harassing with AAs or you'll be pushing the lane and begging the enemy jungler to come down for a gank. Also, that lack of hard CC like a stun/root is a big deal that stops a lot of other would-be-supports.

DeadNames

Banned
Hmm. Dunno how I feel about Rumble.

He's SO hard to last-hit with early. I'm tempted to get a dorans blade or something just so he can get a fair amount of cs early. He's like trying to last-hit with a typical AP mid, but without the benefit abilities that most AP mids have to buff the right-click to compensate for low base attack damage. It's a scary proposition against bruiser tops, imo, because for at least the first few levels they can pretty effectively punish you trying to wait in melee range for a minion to be close enough to dying that a right-click will actually finish them. Feels that way, anyway.

Doesn't help that I lost the lane to Jax thanks to ganks. Still finished 10/4/something in a win, but it wasn't a good-feeling 10/4/something, you know? I just don't think DoT champs are for me. I'm not a fan of Singed, I didn't like Cass when I tried her, and I'm apathetic towards Rumble. I like seeing chunks of life disappear. I like direct conflict and direct damage dealing. It's just clearer to me that damage I'm doing is hurting when I see the HP drop. In my last I wasn't sure how much of it was me or not. I did the second most damage in the game, but it never felt like it. I did 1v1 a fairly stacked Ezreal which felt good, but I had no real confidence I could when I started the fight. idk.

FWIW, I went sorcs --> Liandry's --> Ryali's --> Rabb. I would have gone Void after, but they quit.

Yup. Rumble and I are in a love-hate relationship ATM. I hate him with a burning passion and I think he's a shitty good for nothing champ, but damn does it feel good to land a nice Equalizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom