• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadNames

Banned
Just played one of the most troll games ever. Support Shaco and a vayne who bough triforce and sword of the occult, and a top lane Taric.

We won.

faridmon

make sure to do that, else you'll get blown up as you say. also you don't have to activate zhonya immediately every single time. like, if you know any major ults are down you can just move around a bit to try and catch as many people as possible. if you're the one that's going in first, tho, just zhonya up asap.

Thank you!

Is there any early build where I can improve my Health/defence?

DeadNames

Banned
Thank you!

If you're laning against an AD opponent, seekers arm guard is a good choice. Not to mention it builds into an extremely good item. Chalice of harmony also gives some MR I think. I'm guessing you main mid, specifically Morgana?

Nothing wrong with Triforce Vayne at all.

The only health item I get on Morgana is Liandry, but it doesn't always get to that point. There are items I prioritize for her (Zhonya, Deathcap, Sorc, Void). You generally build her as a glasscannon + Zhonya. CDR is also good (Morello, Athene) and some utility is alright (Twin Shadows). Rod of Ages is a huge waste on her.

zkylon

zkylewd
Thank you!

against magic damage dealers go chalice into athene's, against physical damge dealers go seekers armguard into zhonyas.

crab man here hates rod of ages for some reason but I still think it's pretty solid in some cases and used to be core on morgana so maybe getting a catalyst as your first item is a good idea too. it kinda delays your zhonyas a bit too much so I don't love it but it's not a bad idea if you manage to rush it (somehow got a lot of kills or early objectives and have the extra cash).

liandry's I reckon might be decent, just not early in

faridmon

If you're laning against an AD opponent, seekers arm guard is a good choice. Not to mention it builds into an extremely good item. Chalice of harmony also gives some MR I think. I'm guessing you main mid, specifically Morgana?

I actually don't main mid, I always go for support up or bot. But there was a case when I was sent to mid. Yes. Morgana is my main, for now as I really like the combos she have, its just she has a low health and virtually no escape.

Thanks for thos, I'll make sure to try out those next time!

ALN1031

I actually don't main mid, I always go for support up or bot. But there was a case when I was sent to mid. Yes. Morgana is my main, for now as I really like the combos she have, its just she has a low health and virtually no escape.

Thanks for thos, I'll make sure to try out those next time!

Low health is just something most mages will have, so you might as well try to get used to it. Morgana is actually one of the safer mids in lane because she's hard to gank with her shield, she can usually escape well with good timing on shield and good snares, so with more practice on her you should be fine.

Blizzard

Banned
I got free week Varus twice in ARAM today and won both times. He's a lot of fun there. The second one was close, a 34-minute game, but I had 6 items and was literally buying elixirs because there wasn't much else to get with like 400 AD. Of course maybe another defensive item would have been smarter.

The main thing I like is that he's like playing Nidalee, but the Q goes through things and is faster. Though of course it does a bit less damage, then. Also, 238 CS in an ARAM game was kind of funny to see.

Nekofrog

Banned
4-0 against Shen as Quinn top. Kept him to 52 CS the entire game. Unfortunately, my botlane thought it'd be funny to go "bruiser bot" with Wukong and Pantheon against Jinx and Thresh, which just ensured she got super fed. I think I'm done building BORK as first item on Quinn; it's really only useful against HP stacking champs, and if I keep them that low on CS they can't stack HP.

Newt and nekofrog don't #believe yet. Those noobs.

xz6g.jpg

They will soon.

I got free week Varus twice in ARAM today and won both times. He's a lot of fun there. The second one was close, a 34-minute game, but I had 6 items and was literally buying elixirs because there wasn't much else to get with like 400 AD. Of course maybe another defensive item would have been smarter.

The main thing I like is that he's like playing Nidalee, but the Q goes through things and is faster. Though of course it does a bit less damage, then. Also, 238 CS in an ARAM game was kind of funny to see.

Varus is pretty overpowered in ARAM. I'd rank him above Sivir for ARAM ADCs until late game comes. I very RARELY saw a Varus lose. There's no good build against his pokes.

Cass is funner and takes more skill to micro.

She'll be FotM and get Olaf'd once people see a 20/1 Cass doing 1v5s and say she's OP.

I don't know how to play Kennen in teamfights beyond R->Zhonya

Newt

Yasuo is definitely viable with certain team compositions. In solo q he's a total piece of shit Tryndamere wanna-be.

Blizzard

Banned
I remember knowing my team would lose when the enemy team had Jarvan or Amumu on Silver. It never failed.
Does it work the other way around if your team has Jarvan or Amumu? Some champions may be difficult to counter at low levels, but likewise that gives your team a chance to be difficult to counter using the same champions.

Mothman91

His knockup aoe got reduced quite a bit. It is very noticeable.
Oh wow.

Edit: I wanted to play Teemo last night after facing one. Some guy beat me to calling too and he fucking played Teemo, guessing it was a sign. Definitely a bitch late game if you don't have vision in your jungle and also how shrooms have been buffed with how vision has changed. ADCs can get their Hp halved by one shroom easily, ask Newt.

Feels bad, man. Fuck this quit culture that surrounds this game.
The "never surrender" club is just as bad. Both sides are in the wrong a lot of the time and if I had to choose between two extremes, then I'd rather deal with obnoxious self-defeatists so I can actually play another game and likely not have to endure them the next queue, instead of pussyfooting around in a near-guaranteed loss for 20 - 30 extra minutes when we already have every disadvantage to speak of.

Not that it entirely relates to your post. I just wish more information (like overall gold count) was available for everyone to see so that the solo queue sheep could maybe more accurately deduce how strong or weak a team might be prior to conceding.

He is so frickin fun. Never mind that he innately counters like half the champions, his damage output is insane. I'm thinking he might get comps built around him in competitive games. I shudder at things like Malphite top with him, he might even bring back Alistar support now that tanks are super strong.
Trundle with CDR items for the low cooldown pillar knock-up and 50% slow after Yasuo uses his ult!

Just played one of the most troll games ever. Support Shaco and a vayne who bough triforce and sword of the occult, and a top lane Taric.

We won.
Top lane Taric is fine if you can get away with banking on your mid to late game utility. Just a matter of whether the enemy with free-farm as the match progresses, so against the likes of Shen and Renekton (with the way he falls off later) he'd be appropriate.

crab man here hates rod of ages for some reason but I still think it's pretty solid in some cases and used to be core on morgana so maybe getting a catalyst as your first item is a good idea too. it kinda delays your zhonyas a bit too much so I don't love it but it's not a bad idea if you manage to rush it (somehow got a lot of kills or early objectives and have the extra cash).
Wouldn't say hate, I just feel Rod of Ages is distinctively mediocre barring situational exceptions. Can't see what else Morgana is going to buy for health though; Rylai's wouldn't suit her at all.

Sunfire Cape and Tear of the Goddess on the other hand are definitely filed in the hate category.

4-0 against Shen as Quinn top. Kept him to 52 CS the entire game. Unfortunately, my botlane thought it'd be funny to go "bruiser bot" with Wukong and Pantheon against Jinx and Thresh, which just ensured she got super fed. I think I'm done building BORK as first item on Quinn; it's really only useful against HP stacking champs, and if I keep them that low on CS they can't stack HP.
I WARNED YOU ABOUT THE BORK RUSH MAN

My standard fun build is 21/9/0 masteries, with ancient golem+block boots, followed by brutalizer->triforce->cleaver. I sometimes skip bruta, if enemies are squishy. It varies after that: that mace with slow (i like when they can't run, and it gives hp), botrk (rarely), last whisper if you're crushing opponents, aegis or randuin if you need better tanking gear.

You can also play it really tanky, pick 9/21/0 and get aegis/randuin first, but that's really boring.

Thanks, I like that. Except why not elder lizard?

rakhir

Thanks, I like that. Except why not elder lizard?
It provides early tanking gear with ninja tabi - tenacity buff, 350 hp and tabi's AA block. Also, they cost 200g less than elder lizard + mercury threads.
Lizard's not a bad choice, of course, but i just prefer having more survivability than that 35 ad and a passive, Vi already hits hard with dmg masteries and runes.

It provides early tanking gear with ninja tabi - tenacity buff, 350 hp and tabi's AA block. Also, they cost 200g less than elder lizard + mercury threads.
Lizard's not a bad choice, of course, but i just prefer having more survivability than that 35 ad and a passive, Vi already hits hard with dmg masteries and runes.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

DeadNames

Banned
I dont know if I've asked here, but how is liandrys on zac? I've been getting it as a last item or 3rd item if were very ahead. His insane aoe can affect everyone with its passive.

I dont know if I've asked here, but how is liandrys on zac? I've been getting it as a last item or 3rd item if were very ahead. His insane aoe can affect everyone with its passive.

Staple on lane Zac, usually as 3rd or 4th non boot item. Depends when you want to upgrade Guise.

Jungle Zac... eh. I only go with Guise even if I was snowballing.

zkylon

zkylewd
Cass or Kennen for 4800 IP.

What say ye?
cass

she's really fun, been meaning to actually player her more but all games I've tried her been riddled with problems, like I got matched against an all challenger/diamond premade team, or I get afks, or whatever. but the little I've tried her is beast

I really wish they made the delay on her ult just a bit shorter. her ult is already wonky enough as it is, this only helps mess things up

I think it's pretty core on him, don't quote me on it doe

Wow gratz man! You've come a long way. Really good!

hoping I get to plat before s4 but it would be pretty painful if after placement I somehow end back in gold 5 or something lol

Leezard

hoping I get to plat before s4 but it would be pretty painful if after placement I somehow end back in gold 5 or something lol

If you just barely get into plat you will most likely end back up in gold after the reset, not necessarily gold 5 though.

And yeah, Cass is fun and good.

Junglers: do you start red trinket? I like it for later in the game, but I was playing around with starting yellow then grabbing red at level 9.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Junglers: do you start red trinket? I like it for later in the game, but I was playing around with starting yellow then grabbing red at level 9.
Yellow is much more useful early game. It's a better choice both offensive and defensively. Red trinket is really limited in its uses, and has the capacity to fail or not be useful at all. It can come into play around the time larger objective control occurs but before that it's sort of a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom