• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some really cool never-before-seen concept art.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofleg...i_hear_you_guys_like_early_champion_concepts/
CyrGj2w.jpg

OjlsPKF.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
quinn concept art looks cool, but the translation into the game itself feels pretty weak. the ideas in her earlier design phases would have done a lot to make her more visually distinct.
She didn't have a kit at that point. There was no real ideas for mechanics aside from what ended up being her vault and the idea of an AOE vision spell. They were all very conceptual ideas at the time. Nothing prototyped or tested.
no wonder she didn't turn out right.

I think it's probably how Quinn looks like a rolled lump of blue feather in-game. She just kinda blends with herself whenever I see her in-game.

I hate looking at champion concepts because 90% of the time I like the scrapped stuff much more than what we actually got.

The Syndra concepts were fucking brilliant.

7wlo.jpg

Pushed back into the base for 20 minutes? 5 calls for surrender? Irela afk/dc'd for almost 6 minutes midgame? Sion and Olaf talkin shit about "come 2v1 me"?

Not a problem for True Doges™.
7xiy.png

> 750 (greater than seven hundred and fifty) siphoned damage + both of those ad/ap buff consumable things for when you're maxed that give you more damage and ap/cooldown. That was 950-1440 crit (1440 was my largest) every ~2.3 seconds. That's while taking 74,000 damage, or 2x as much as anyone else on the team.

Mistakes were fucking made. They thought they were going to bullshit their way to a win. Nope, come earn it. Don't come in one at a time thinking we're going to roll over. There was at least 2 times where they wiped and could have finished but wanted to be cute and go farm some more. Ok no problem. Doge will do the same. Wanna be dumb and keep feeding because you've "got it in the bag"? Go right ahead. Doge likes. Again I say fuck the quit culture. In lowish ELO these teams don't know when to finish. The longer it goes, the better the losing team's chances get. Case in point yet again.

Edit: gonna have to get Infernal Nasus now. Just because I ball on this champ.

quinn concept art looks cool, but the translation into the game itself feels pretty weak. the ideas in her earlier design phases would have done a lot to make her more visually distinct.

no wonder she didn't turn out right.

I think Quinn's pretty visually distinct. I love her design.

You can say what you like about her kit (which I still really enjoy but obviously has issues), but I think they nailed her design visually.

I just wish the Phoenix Quinn textures were more polished.

The problem with Quinn is not her design per se but how she looks in-game. There's too much shit going on her model, she looks like she's wearing a burqa. Her default skin should've been lighter overall like Phoenix Quinn.

Because it was OP on the PBE and they just gutted it and left it be.

It used to parry EVERYTHING. Even tower shots.
I wouldn't mind this being a part of her rework (the possibility of which Riot has been scoping out) since that'll mean it'd finally be a consistent skill. Right now it has a silly number of exceptions of what can and can't be parried, despite it being simple in its purpose.

Some of the stuff that never makes it to live is hilarious.

Syndra used to have a 900 range AoE knockup slow.
Remember when Lux' shield was going to give everyone a short duration stealth? That would've been fun.

Sky (the streamer) is losing his mind talking about kaceytron and her titty hustle. Shit is hilarious.
Guy shouldn't complain when his initially rise to fame borders on the equally shallow.

"HI GUYS I'M GAAAAAAAY, PAY ATTENTION TO ME!"

Him being a self-proclaimed TSM fanboy on top of that further cements his position as a dumbfuck.

Does anyone have a ridiculous ranked record on any champ? I've been in pure bliss since people mostly stopped banning Blitz and I'm now currently 11-1 with him (I started 1-1). I just feel like I intuitively know where to be and how to use him so well compared to all other champs.

vpb8hFC.png

garath

Does anyone have a ridiculous ranked record on any champ? I've been in pure bliss since people mostly stopped banning Blitz and I'm now currently 11-1 with him (I started 1-1). I just feel like I intuitively know where to be and how to use him so well compared to all other champs.

vpb8hFC.png

I'm 10-3 with Sona. She's my go to if I just straight want to win. I find Zyra, Annie and Leona a little more fun though.

I'm perfect with Jinx and Shyvana but only 2 or 3 games a piece so they don't count yet. Need at least 10 games :)

zkylon

zkylewd
I hate looking at champion concepts because 90% of the time I like the scrapped stuff much more than what we actually got.

The Syndra concepts were fucking brilliant.
everything zeronis did is fucking brilliant.

but yea all this headdresses were better :(

imma get those turnarounds and play with them in blender. make my own sejuani :3

vpb8hFC.png
not that good but my best champ is lizzy with 8-1. I'm surprisingly ok with graves (5-2) and varus (5-0) for some reason too lol

my worst champion is elise at 1-3 heh

top 5 most played:
ori 15-9
sona 13-6
lux 8-6
syndra 7-5 (had a really bad streak of being counterpicked with syndra... went from 7-2 to 7-5... so sad)
thresh 8-2

I really don't have all that many ranked games, only like 130 (84 wins) when most people I play with have like 2k lol

Type2

I was Vi, like my second game as her. First went much better. I want to stay in jungle and farm and time my buffs and stuff, but all that stuff is hard when my teammates are yelling at me all "WTF NO GANKS."

Laners really forget that Junglers need to actually farm. I'm not a lapdog. I dont just run in circles in the fog of war until my master needs a gank.

but yeah, I'll start starting red now. I usually try to have my toplaner put their trinket on it so I know if it's going to get invaded. I also could have played better. I stayed at red and tried to win my red from him with smite instead of running.

Sorry I forgot about this convo. You can't ignore your lanes but don't take anything they say to heart. People have to accept that they will lose their lane sometimes and have to be able to deal with it. If your bot lane has fed 2 or more kills and the enemy has backed its not worth doing down there anymore. You're better off snowballing mid or top and the same goes for other lanes.
Counter jungling is a team effort if your team is slow to close in and punish stuff like that(or if they dont care at all) youre in for repeated deaths. If the opposing jungler kills you once or twice he will have your jungle warded out and buffs timed. You will notice counter jungling go terribly wrong if you have the right wards out and your team closes in on the enemy who is trying to invade you.

we already got a blob in the game and his name is zac.

Her model's one of the more higher res ones in the game. I like the winged styling on her back cloak thing, the talon-like feet, all the detail on her crossbow, the general ranger armour. She looks great.

Certainly not the low res mess that Phoenix Quinn is.

garath

Sorry I forgot about this convo. You can't ignore your lanes but don't take anything they say to heart. People have to accept that they will lose their lane sometimes and have to be able to deal with it. If your bot lane has fed 2 or more kills and the enemy has backed its not worth doing down there anymore. You're better off snowballing mid or top and the same goes for other lanes.
Counter jungling is a team effort if your team is slow to close in and punish stuff like that(or if they dont care at all) youre in for repeated deaths. If the opposing jungler kills you once or twice he will have your jungle warded out and buffs timed. You will notice counter jungling go terribly wrong if you have the right wards out and your team closes in on the enemy who is trying to invade you.

To follow up on this. Repelling counter jungling is sometimes tough and requires your team to help if you are behind or not a strong dueling jungler. If they have your buffs timed then you should too. Then you can prep for the incoming counter jungling. Ward the buff a minute beforehand and try to pink and/or vision trinket where you expect they warded. If they have no vision they shouldn't want to invade. Also make your team aware of the impending invasion and ping the crap out of it. Your team can collapse on the invasion and punish him for it. That will usually scare them off future invasions and help reduce the advantage they have.

Sometimes you just need to suck it up, ward your own jungle entrances and farm.

DeadNames

Banned
Yeah I'm not gonna lie. Quinn's model isn't half bad. Aatrox and yasuo are the best though. Default zac is okay, but special weapon is miles ahead. If only the recall animation didn't suck...

I feel like Rengar is in the same boat as Akali. When they're good, they're unstoppable with little to no counterplay.
And when they're underfed or do something dumb like go defensive, they're worthless. A Rengar that can't 100% the ADC is almost not worth having. Reminds me of an AD version of LeBlanc.

Mothman91

And when they're underfed or do something dumb like go defensive, they're worthless. A Rengar that can't 100% the ADC is almost not worth having. Reminds me of an AD version of LeBlanc.

If I'm not mistaken, I think I've seen some professional teams go tanky Rengar and it works out perfectly fine. I know these people aren't on the same level as your average solo q person, but going tanky with 1-2 dmg items is still fine.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The way Rengar is played right now doesn't make going all-in on the ADC his only goal. Just zoning people out, keeping them on the defensive, and causing disruption can do a lot in a team fight.

I see you never faced a split pushing Rengar.
That exists? I've only seen him played effectively one way.

The way Rengar is played right now doesn't make going all-in on the ADC his only goal. Just zoning people out, keeping them on the defensive, and causing disruption can do a lot in a team fight.
Any videos of this approach floating around? I just haven't seen it be effective. I've only seen "blow someone up" Ren and "I can't kill anything" Ren.

*michaeljordanlaugh.gif*
You were adopted.

Between his Q and his ult, Rengar is among the best splitpushers in the game.

Any rate, I don't see the point of jumping on the Rengar hate train if he's going to get his rework on Live around patch 3.17 or so.
Interesting. I've not seen that, but 90% of my Ren interaction has been on TT (just haven't seen him picked much on SR) so my perspective is different. There is no value to split pushing on TT so that dynamic of his skillset has been missed for me. Then again TT tends to favor burst and fast damage output as team fights tend to not last more than a few seconds, so it makes sense that my experience would be different than others.

Also, what's changing with him in the future patches?

Bacon

Hey guys I finally reached level thirty and am looking for advice on ranked games. I haven't done one yet because I have no idea what to expect. How much different is it from unranked games? Is it worth it for me to jump in right now? Any other tips you might have? Thanks!

Leezard

Hey guys I finally reached level thirty and am looking for advice on ranked games. I haven't done one yet because I have no idea what to expect. How much different is it from unranked games? Is it worth it for me to jump in right now? Any other tips you might have? Thanks!

Go do some normal draft mode games before you start, and make sure you have enough champions and runes. It is most likely better for you to practice a bit more before you go into ranked as well, since having a good promotion series can make it simpler in the long run.

le bip

Neo Member
I feel like Rengar is in the same boat as Akali. When they're good, they're unstoppable with little to no counterplay.

To be honest, Akali is ridicolously easy to counter. You just have to place a pink in the shroud and blow her up; that's the reason she sees no play in the competitive scene, she's only good at low elo where nobody abuses weaknesses. The third map of the promotion match between EG and DTG is a perfect example of proper play in that sense.

Actually, in both high elo and professional scene the only way to play Rengar right now is splitpusher-tank. In Solo Queue I see both paths, probably more tanks than assassins; anyway, this shows that going full AD isn't the only way to play him effectively.

ALN1031

One of the most common advice given to new level 30s is to not jump into Ranked right away. Your placement matches are pretty much the most important matches you will ever play for determining your MMR. If you screw up these matches, it could take you hundreds of hours to get to where you're supposed to be, or at least, a respectable division. If I started all over, what I'd do is play tons of Normal Drafts, treat it extremely seriously and aim to find mistakes and correct them, and use LolNexus to see the league of the people I'm matched against. Once my normal mmr is at a high level and I'm playing against, say, golds or platinums or diamonds(depending on your personal goal) and I can win confidently against such opponents, I will go to Ranked. Just a warning, if you want to reliably climb in Ranked, you will need to carry hard. There will be no hyper carrying in ranked with Soraka support unless you're leagues above the enemy.

EDIT: That being said, I do believe that playing Ranked will allow you to learn to play better faster, the stakes are higher, people are more serious, and basically it's different from Normals. If you absolutely do not mind risking being placed in a low elo and having to struggle climbing out, I believe it's a pretty educational experience for improving your play.

I had a game a few weeks ago where I was a fed Ez. Like 8-1 or something. Rengar was 3-2 and managed to blow me up before I could even E away. No time to even react.

Yeah, but you can at least see Leblanc coming.

What it feels like to play against Rengar.

So goddamn true. As an ADC, there is ZERO counterplay against him than warding the entire map and staying with your team 24/7, though he can blow you up so fast regardless that it doesn't even matter sometimes.

I see a lot of over-extension and no vision at all. Should probably change the video title to "How fun it is for Rengar when the enemy ADC is a complete moron."

Doesn't quite roll off the tongue though :p

Happy new Year LoLGAF!

I was away from LoL for the last 10 days or so as I went back to see my family... did I miss some significant nerfs or buffs?

I see a lot of over-extension and no vision at all. Should probably change the video title to "How fun it is for Rengar when the enemy ADC is a complete moron."

Doesn't quite roll off the tongue though :p

I do my best when we roll as a team to try to drop a pink ward near our group if we are trying to siege a tower.

Burt

I'm terrible at this game. I admit it. I don't think I've had a good game in 2014. I had the cover drawn over my eyes by the fact that I always came out well playing jungle during the laning phase, but the truth is that jungle is just an easy position to start the game at 2/0/4 or something like that because most the time you should outnumber your opponents on an engage.

The veil is drawn back, reality is here, and I know that I suck.

But no one role plays Brolaf better than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom