• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

What's up with all the terrible duo queuers. I've seen so many D2-D3 people that duo queue with P5-players today. It's such a shame for everyone involved.

What's up with all the terrible duo queuers. I've seen so many D2-D3 people that duo queue with P5-players today. It's such a shame for everyone involved.

This is a difficult problem. I like playing with my friend, but he is Plat 1, and I'm level 23. If he smurfs, we have an unfair advantage. If he plays on his main, we get insane lane matchups (me against a plat or something like that). I'm not sure what the optimal solution is for people in this situation. He does happen to have a Gold smurf that seems to place us with reasonable opponents, though I am at a small disadvantage at low level.

zkylon

zkylewd
I can't be certain, but I do not think that will be enough. Get into plat 3 or something and it might be a bit more safe.
I'm confident I'll win a good amount of my placement games, so I doubt I'll end up lower than this. I just don't want to go through plat promos and then maybe have bad luck on placement or something

I still gotta see how clamping treats me, I kinda feel like I'd rather wait until they turn it off so I can climb up faster :)

Why are they bleeding??
because anime!

also fiora rocks, she just has a lot of trouble finding her place in any meta :p

Leezard

I'm confident I'll win a good amount of my placement games, so I doubt I'll end up lower than this. I just don't want to go through plat promos and then maybe have bad luck on placement or something

I still gotta see how clamping treats me, I kinda feel like I'd rather wait until they turn it off so I can climb up faster :)

because anime!

also fiora rocks, she just has a lot of trouble finding her place in any meta :p

Ah right, I forgot there would be placements. I was thinking only soft reset.

This is a difficult problem. I like playing with my friend, but he is Plat 1, and I'm level 23. If he smurfs, we have an unfair advantage. If he plays on his main, we get insane lane matchups (me against a plat or something like that). I'm not sure what the optimal solution is for people in this situation. He does happen to have a Gold smurf that seems to place us with reasonable opponents, though I am at a small disadvantage at low level.

Yeah, it's kind of a tough decision at those times. Having a slightly lower smurf is kinda good as you say. Not everyone has that luxury, though. I think playing 3v3 or Dominion could make it simpler, since he may not have such a high mmr on those game modes.

DeadNames

Banned
To be honest I can't beat fiora. Every time I go vs her she out damages me, ends up getting super fed then melts us faster than you can say master yi.

Guesong

I am so awful mid. I have like 0 killer instinct to try and harass/kill the other midlaner.

So is there any midlaner who just wants to farm or be passive-agressive à la Heimer?

ALN1031

I am so awful mid. I have like 0 killer instinct to try and harass/kill the other midlaner.

So is there any midlaner who just wants to farm or be passive-agressive à la Heimer?

Karthus. He's like the epitome and poster boy for farm up until late game. You don't even have to leave your lane to help your lanes. You just press R and keep on farming. Bring exhaust and no one's gonna try to kill you.

One day we'll have a meta that favours useless champions and then she'll really thrive.

Fiora would be my most played champion if she were actually good. That accent. That headmistress skin.

That butt

spaceboy

Banned
Was just playing a game with toxic chemistry, we were down as is, but my Ziggs bombs were getting us out of sticky situations, and we were just about to come back... when my internet DCs mid-tower dive. 5 minutes of frustrated screaming later, I come back to a 10-1 Yasuo, 8-3-9 Trist, and two inhibitors down. GG Clear.

zkylon

zkylewd
Anivia can just sit there and farm for most of the early game as well.
Karthus. He's like the epitome and poster boy for farm up until late game. You don't even have to leave your lane to help your lanes. You just press R and keep on farming. Bring exhaust and no one's gonna try to kill you.
problem with anivia and karthus is that they have weak points while morg, ziggs and ori are pretty much flawless.

karthus in particular you can shit on if you put a bit of effort into it

Doesn't karthus scale incredibly well to boot?
yup, so does anivia. anivia q and e scale with 1.0 ap. just think about that lategame :p

One day we'll have a meta that favours useless champions and then she'll really thrive.

Fiora would be my most played champion if she were actually good. That accent. That headmistress skin.

That butt

she's not useless, she's just really really snowbally in nature. if she gets ahead she can single-handedly win games. problem is that she doesn't really do anything if she's not fed and that her ult's unreliable.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

That butt

Why does Riposte suck so bad?

:(

zkylon

zkylewd
Because it was OP on the PBE and they just gutted it and left it be.

It used to parry EVERYTHING. Even tower shots.

really? that's kinda awesome

I always felt they should've made it so that it parries every single target spell but had a shorter window. maybe even be more effective the closer you cast it to getting hit. or have it cut cooldown. or something like that. just reward people that time it well

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Because it was OP on the PBE and they just gutted it and left it be.

It used to parry EVERYTHING. Even tower shots.

ibdV8OSS1lAP3K.png

10.2/6.8/6

average, first 5 games with Cass.
only won 1 game. i really hate some of these randoms. Among them: AP Malph, AD Nami, and AD Diana. Oh, and 1 afk from the start. Why? It's really not fun.

I remember watching World finals and and Ori just ulted out of nowhere. I don't remember which games. It didn't hit anyone, lol.

That shit feels bad too. When you thought you were in range for the Q to go and you just assume it did and hit R, only to find the ball is still above your head.

DeadNames

Banned
10.2/6.8/6

only won 1 game. i really hate some of these randoms. Among them: AP Malph, AD Nami, and AD Diana. Oh, and 1 afk from the start. Why? It's really not fun.

That shit feels bad too. When you thought you were in range for the Q to go and you just assume it did and hit R, only to find the ball is still above your head.

That happens to me too many times. I go to hit 4 for my trinket (I don't know why I haven't changed it yet) and I ult. Usually I play Aatrox/Zac so it's a pretty big detriment to my teamfight potential.

Edwardo

That happens to me too many times. I go to hit 4 for my trinket (I don't know why I haven't changed it yet) and I ult. Usually I play Aatrox/Zac so it's a pretty big detriment to my teamfight potential.

I still have mine at 4. I just throw a dorans or some other item that doesnt have an active into the 7th slot.

Edit: nvm. This really only matters because I have a mouse with 6 side buttons for items.

ALN1031

10.2/6.8/6

But dude, Alex Ich did AP Malph and he raped, why can't I do it too?

http://www.azubu.tv/channel/detail.do?cn_id=3011083999001&vod_id=

Some troll games tourny for CLG's camp thing. LMQ from China is in it, so I'm watching to see how much they stomp. Quotes so far:

"SKT is like, okay."- HotShotGG 2014
"Faker's probably my equal"- HotShotGG 2014
"GodLike went to World Finals, but I think being trained by me means more"- HotShotGG 2014

EDIT 2: Apparently, LMQ is now going to play CLG's camp team. Expecting a stomp by LMQ considering LMQ was a top tier chinese team, but ya know, CLG Camp was trained by HotShot for like 2 days, so idk man, they have a chance.

Oh boy, first match after talking shit about Fiora I get to lane Vs one, time to eat my words and get rekt.

EDIT - Oh, she went top vs Lanewick and it was all fiiiiiiiiine. But playing as Syndra without being able to get Athene's - since I desperately needed Zhonya's versus their multiple executes - and not being given a single blue buff is not fun.

ALN1031

Damn dude, CLG camp's bot lane almost got first blood, but their ADC forgot to use barrier lol.

OMG GAME 2, Janna solos LMQ's ADC, stiggz flashes out of LMQ's support LB combo. Dayum

ALN1031

I don't know who LMQ are but they're rolling.

Edit: The non-LMQ didn't even get to surrender lol.

LMQ were a top team from China who moved to North America ala Quantic Gaming. Their top laner, ackerman, is Godlike who played top lane for Royal Club in World's. On the opposite side was CLG's Camp: 5 players who are really big CLG fans and paid $1000 and were selected to basically live with CLG for a while, and CLG is gonna give them an entire schedule to make it worth their while. Most of them are Diamond, the top laner was Gold V.

EDIT: More quotes:

"We'd beat a team of five Fakers"- HotShotGG 2014

zkylon

zkylewd
Some of the stuff that never makes it to live is hilarious.

Syndra used to have a 900 range AoE knockup slow.
some of the stuff that makes it to live is hilarious

lee sin in particular

this never happens to me

most of my failed ults with ori come from me trying to grab too many people

Oh boy, first match after talking shit about Fiora I get to lane Vs one, time to eat my words and get rekt.

EDIT - Oh, she went top vs Lanewick and it was all fiiiiiiiiine. But playing as Syndra without being able to get Athene's - since I desperately needed Zhonya's versus their multiple executes - and not being given a single blue buff is not fun.
actually I really like playing syndra with no athene's

I usually go zhonyas into dfg into void staff/deathcap, buy elixir and a lot of mana pots and just go back to base a lot. on those games I usually get pretty fed since I have a shit ton of burst damage and I just ult whoever I run into, then back, and repeat.

I do think it's a pretty shitty build to normally go but it's sort of a damage control thing, if I know I won't live to cast many spells I'd rather get as much damage off at once as I can.

Just had an udyr counter jungle the pants off of me. My Nasus told me he couldn't ward my red because he "had to farm." so I go to get it after doing my blue and UD was there waiting, where he kills me. I go back to clear my red and WHOOPS he's still there. Kills me again. I was behind the whole game and had no idea what to do to even deal with it.

Type2

Just had an udyr counter jungle the pants off of me. My Nasus told me he couldn't ward my red because he "had to farm." so I go to get it after doing my blue and UD was there waiting, where he kills me. I go back to clear my red and WHOOPS he's still there. Kills me again. I was behind the whole game and had no idea what to do to even deal with it.
As far as what you could do, time your buffs and ward. The rest is up to your team. You ping and have lanes close in on him and get a kill. Who were you jungling? Starting red is best in the current way of things since it'll keep you more competitive with the other jungler when you clash.

What to do when this has already happened to you: share xp with a solo lane and push out to draw the enemies junglers attention then go back and get your camps. Ward smart, remember you aren't worth much gold and farm.
Edit also those wards will enable your team to make plays in lane while you're behind to udyr.

As far as what you could do, time your buffs and ward. The rest is up to your team. You ping and have lanes close in on him and get a kill. Who were you jungling? Starting red is best in the current way of things since it'll keep you more competitive with the other jungler when you clash.

What to do when this has already happened to you: share xp with a solo lane and push out to draw the enemies junglers attention then go back and get your camps. Ward smart, remember you aren't worth much gold and farm.
Edit also those wards will enable your team to make plays in lane while you're behind to udyr.

I was Vi, like my second game as her. First went much better. I want to stay in jungle and farm and time my buffs and stuff, but all that stuff is hard when my teammates are yelling at me all "WTF NO GANKS."

Laners really forget that Junglers need to actually farm. I'm not a lapdog. I dont just run in circles in the fog of war until my master needs a gank.

but yeah, I'll start starting red now. I usually try to have my toplaner put their trinket on it so I know if it's going to get invaded. I also could have played better. I stayed at red and tried to win my red from him with smite instead of running.

brian!

the one time i watched her she made a ms paint pentakill chart and filled in ahri using the pencil it was great

but i guess my enjoyment comes from a deep down feeling that its some sort of performance art, and even if it isn't it certainly plays out that way sometimes

zkylon

zkylewd
tried elise mid. ran against kat. killed her once, roamed to pressure lanes and had a pretty decent time but couldn't really do anything when teamfights broke out. I guess our team comp was pretty shit against theirs, specially since it was full premade vs full premade and we weren't really playing together, just doing random shit and our bot lane kept getting caught while nasus afk'd farmed all game. also my poor friend playing jungle olaf missed three smites and they stole 2 drags and a baron off us lol

but even with all that crap I felt kind of useless, I think I should've gone tankier but I just don't like doing building tank. didn't really know what to build, rushed zhonyas, sorc shoes, spirit visage (kat was fed) and then liandry's. was building rylais but didn't get too far in it.

the one time i watched her she made a ms paint pentakill chart and filled in ahri using the pencil it was great

but i guess my enjoyment comes from a deep down feeling that its some sort of performance art, and even if it isn't it certainly plays out that way sometimes

you missed her ramble on religion

that shit was priceless

I love you kaceytron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom